Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 18

Author Topic: Imperial Guard Multiplayer Game (5/5)  (Read 13707 times)

Rhyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Imperial Guard Multiplayer Game (5/5)
« on: August 26, 2013, 01:36:43 pm »

In this game the players are high ranking officers of an Imperial Guard Regiment. They must fight to defeat the enemies of Man and rise in power, maybe eventually leading a Crusade themselves.

I'll be using the rules from the RPG Only War, but you don't need to know them in order to play. Once we have the five players I'll show the different options for the Regiment (There's a lot of possible customization for the regiment, so we might spend some time on it). After the regiment is created the player will be able to choose their characters, the options include (but are not limited to) Comissars, Senior Techpriests, Captains, Priests and so on.

Spoiler: Player List (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Waitlist (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 27, 2013, 03:16:11 am by Rhyme »
Most people's relationship with Dwarf Fortress is akin to Stockholm Syndrome.
Dwarf Fortress doesn't mean to do it... I just can't behave sometimes so it has to correct me.
Wait, there's a player list?

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Imperial Guard Multiplayer Game (0/5)
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2013, 01:38:36 pm »

I'll join, the IG I was in seems to have died and it'd suck to have spent all that time reading up on them for nothing.
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
Re: Imperial Guard Multiplayer Game (0/5)
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2013, 03:29:12 pm »

I am fairly interested. :D

EDIT: Putting all available info here.

You are the Loxian 247th Regiment. Well, you are in fact the 244th, 245th, 246th and 247th. Lox is usually a last line of defense for your subsector, and the last attack seriously damaged the four regiments that were being recruited at the moment. This forced the Department Munitorum to merge the four regiments against all regulations, so they could be deployed in fighting strength.

And now, under the command of Colonel Karl Lox, a son of one of the Loxian noble families, the regiment is to be deployed in Vascus Secundus, a hive world that recently rebelled against the Imperium.

Colonel Lox has prepared a battle plan to invade the manufactorums that supply the rebels, and the drop troopers are going to provide the regiment with a secure landing zone. If you want to make any battle preparations (looking at Imperial intelligence reports, preparing your soldier and so on), this is the time for it. One action per character only.

Loxian 247th Mixed Regiment

Spoiler: HQ (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Armored Battalion (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Artillery Battalion (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Guerrilla Battalion (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Lord Commisar Lucia (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Captain Lex Libra (click to show/hide)

If you have troops under your command that you can attach to a battalion or Squad, you don't need to attach them to the same battalion as you.

Imperial Intelligence says that Vascus Secundus had an extremely high industrial production that was being put to good use in a Crusade in a nearby sector, however it hasn't been under attack for quite long, and no Imperial Guard regiment has been raised from that world in quite some time, so the rebels are well armed, but probably not well trained.

The manufactorum you are attacking supplies las packs and autocannon shells to the rebels, and it is well defended. The enemy numbers the equivalent to 3 line infantry regiments, but they lack heavy support other than man portable heavy weapons. The Crusade's High Command wants all manufactorums to be able to start producing for the Crusade once the rebellion is crushed so damage must be minimal, both to the manufactorum and to the civilian population (reports suggest that they don't know they are going against the Imperium). Quite strange for the Imperial Guard, but orders are orders.

The manufactorum has 3 landing areas for ships to unload raw materials and load the las packs and autocannon shells. The objective of the first assault is to take those landing areas and the watchtowers near them.

First update

Sergeant Liones manages to get his auxiliary shotguns, extra grips, chamaleoline cloaks and demo charges, but bureaucrazy prevents him from aquiring the preysense sights and synskin.

Sergeant Danso gets assigned to a Grenadier Squad going for the southern landing zone.

The attack takes place at night. The Drop Troops manage to land silently near the landing zones. All squads go to their objectives, and the central landing zone is secured silently. The rebels notice the troops in the other landing zones, and while the men in the southern landing zone are doing well and manage to secure the LZ despite being spotted, the northern landing zone is doing badly.

The squads have been pinned by enemy fire, and are trying to resist inside one of the manufactorums buildings.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2013, 03:42:46 am by kaian-a-coel »
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
Re: Imperial Guard Multiplayer Game (2/5)
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2013, 05:39:39 pm »

Im in.  There are no civilians in the war for survival!
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2013, 05:48:07 pm »

IN! Do we get psykers?
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2013, 05:54:17 pm »

((grr spout them imperial creeds ad sayings damit))

The Only failure is in dying with your duty undone!

((also we may get psychers, also my dark heresy gm just gave my psycher char a rosarius, we each got to pick one thing and he would just give it, but a ROSARIUS!))
« Last Edit: August 26, 2013, 08:10:28 pm by wolfchild »
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
Re: Imperial Guard Multiplayer Game (4/5)
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2013, 07:07:39 pm »

IN.

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2013, 08:10:04 pm »

In
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2013, 08:10:55 pm »

ONLY IN DEATH DOES DUTY END!

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2013, 08:12:04 pm »

To late Cheesey boy.
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

Burnt Pies

• Bay Watcher
  • Captain Brunch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2013, 08:12:52 pm »

Is this the sort of thing that'd have a waitlist? and if so could my name be on it?
I can read box now
Also, I am a bit drunk
Refrigerator

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2013, 08:14:06 pm »

DO NOT ASK WHY YOU SERVE, ONLY HOW

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2013, 08:14:15 pm »

Dunno but I'd guess so, we will be in the fighting so death is very possible.
Caine's law.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2013, 08:18:25 pm »

Go home wolfchild. You're drunk.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 26, 2013, 08:19:04 pm »

No im not, im quoting the imperial tarot:P which is actual in universe sayings
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 18