Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 18

Author Topic: Imperial Guard Multiplayer Game (5/5)  (Read 13717 times)

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Imperial Guard Multiplayer Game (5/5)
« Reply #210 on: September 01, 2013, 03:48:45 am »

Guerrilla first please.

We want it intact, tanks ain't really designed for taking things intact.
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #211 on: September 01, 2013, 03:57:33 am »

I'll target antitank as the number one priority. That's very important to ending this quick. I wonder what kind of firepower those towers actually have.. Any guesses? Probably just autocannons and lasguns

Divvy up your tanks between the three drop zones and give that demolisher to the central team. One of those heavy weapons teams would be nice for pinning those towers down but the central team will need those more than me, but perhaps focusing your firepower with either the north or my south team would get them reinforcements more quickly? That's your call.

Ninja'd: That Exterminator has twin-linked autocannons and heavy bolters! We're not holding anything back. Maybe once we've broken the perimeter we can start pulling some punches and holding down the main cannons on the standard Leman Russes', but even they've got heavy boltors on sponsors (and I think at least one has some flamers). Heck no, we're using that armour and loving it.

I say guerillas last. They're not built for line-breaking, but the infantry will come in handy once we're inside the manufactorums. How useful will tanks be in there? I've a mind not to risk losing any of those in urban combat if it's really tight, or if the enemy is avoiding the streets.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2013, 03:59:36 am by GUNINANRUNIN »

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: September 01, 2013, 04:05:09 am »

Well thats all down to you guys. Once I mop up the north I'm just gonna push in with only my men and start cleaning house Storm Trooper style.
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #213 on: September 01, 2013, 04:17:34 am »

Kids and their toys.

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: September 01, 2013, 04:21:29 am »

Your just jealous we get all the good stuff.
Caine's law.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: September 01, 2013, 11:37:51 pm »

Honestly, I'm finding myself agreeing with GUN moreso than wolf and Pat. Full steam ahead!
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Rhyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: September 03, 2013, 02:31:06 pm »

Can I get the orders like this?

I'm trying to have the update for tomorrow.
Most people's relationship with Dwarf Fortress is akin to Stockholm Syndrome.
Dwarf Fortress doesn't mean to do it... I just can't behave sometimes so it has to correct me.
Wait, there's a player list?

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: September 03, 2013, 02:57:38 pm »

(( I'll dig out the orders and bold them all for you. I'm sure mine was bold anyway but I have them all saved in my little tac map. ))
Caine's law.

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: September 03, 2013, 03:02:50 pm »

I think my order was basically "send guerilla support to central LZ"
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: September 03, 2013, 03:05:37 pm »

Assist whcihever strike force I am in, with encouragement, tactics and bolt pistol shots to traitors heads
Order my squads to dig in and comm command to request snipers and infiltrators be landed on northern LZ.

We're lightly armed, so we probably don't want to get stuck in a shooting match unless we want to risk being crunchy toast. Lead an attack to break through. Coordinate with all other squads, and order everyone in my squad to put their grenades to good use. Advise reinforcements to proceed with all possible speed, but that the northern LZ appears to be the hottest. Let's go! We won't be staying here!

Meanwhile, at the HQ...
"Central LZ fully secured, Southern LZ under fire but doing well, Northern LZ not secured and pinned down. Two out of three, could have gone worse. I want report on enemy numbers and equipment at every zone. Do they have any heavy weaponry, armour support, things like that?
Captain Caius! Do you think that deploying your troops through the Central LZ is feasible? The Drops may appreciate sniper support, don't you think so?"

Request intel reports. Send Guerrilla units to Central LZ.

Call for transport then move to the northern pad with my 2 squads plus my 2 attached commissar and 2 attached psykers. When we arrive send this message.

Charge enemy positions identified by the Psykers, if they find none then charge from cover to cover pushing forward until we find something to kill. Use Frag Grenades when we come in range of the enemy sticking to the shadows as much as possible.
If I'm unable to get transports then I take my force and push into the main facility heading towards the northern landing zone using stealth as much as possible.

Mastah I don't really know, first he was staying with the units on central LZ, then coming with me, then Bio lightning which makes no sense at all and now he's said full steam ahead which also makes exactly 0 sense to me. So no idea what he wants to do.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2013, 04:59:43 pm by Patrick Hunt »
Caine's law.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #220 on: September 03, 2013, 04:53:16 pm »

That's up to him.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: September 03, 2013, 07:05:47 pm »

I'm coming with you guys, as in, GUN's plan.
The Derail Thread

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: September 03, 2013, 07:53:40 pm »

You realize gun is on the southern pad right? Your nowhere near him and Wolf is digging in with the 3 squads. So if you attack it's you against however many squads of the 3 regiments are standing guard inside.

Your on the central pad, if you attack you'll have no support of any kind and the squads on the central pad will completely ignore your orders. Lord Commissar out ranks Primaris Psyker and he's telling them to stay.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2013, 08:05:07 pm by Patrick Hunt »
Caine's law.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #223 on: September 03, 2013, 11:57:39 pm »

So you want him to stay put? What good will he do then? We're infantry. We need to move forward. It's the only way we can do damage. There's no cover on the landing pads. We need to detpack the towers and defences so our armour can be of some use when they arrive, rather than sit on our hands. You have stormtroopers. Use them. With commissars and psykers we can really put some hurt on these guys.

EDIT: It's good that you want to help the northern team, but I don't think wasting time with transports is the best way to do it. While your transports are landing on the pad, where will the tanks be offloading? Unless they can both land at once and still have room to unload, it's a waste of time. Everyone else will have their vehicles rolling by the time you've taken off.

The best thing we can do to help the North team is attack, all at once, in a coordinated move, before the enemy has time to sock it to us and throw up a wall. They've got heavy weapons sure, but we can overcome them if we work together and use what we have at our disposal.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2013, 12:02:30 am by GUNINANRUNIN »

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: September 04, 2013, 12:09:36 am »

See? This is why I'm on GUN's side in this, we're the Imperial Guard, you know. "For every one of us who falls, ten more shall take his place!"
We need to press forward.
The Derail Thread
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 18