Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 18

Author Topic: Imperial Guard Multiplayer Game (5/5)  (Read 13724 times)

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
Re: Imperial Guard Multiplayer Game (5/5)
« Reply #180 on: August 31, 2013, 04:52:26 pm »

Meanwhile, at the HQ...
"Central LZ fully secured, Southern LZ under fire but doing well, Northern LZ not secured and pinned down. Two out of three, could have gone worse. I want report on enemy numbers and equipment at every zone. Do they have any heavy weaponry, armour support, things like that?
Captain Caius! Do you think that deploying your troops through the Central LZ is feasible? The Drops may appreciate sniper support, don't you think so?"
« Last Edit: August 31, 2013, 05:03:57 pm by kaian-a-coel »
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: August 31, 2013, 08:10:43 pm »

" Sergeant Liones requesting drop to begin on central landing zone immediately, also requesting 1 Vendetta Gunship and 2 Valkyries to my location ASAP to provide transport for my force to the northern landing zone and close air support while we deploy.
Primaris Psyker Cromwell, Lord Commissar Lucia keep the Drop Troopers here in line while I'm away once you pick up your jaws, don't gawk this is what we do.
"

Call for transport then move to the northern pad with my 2 squads plus my 2 attached commissar and 2 attached psykers. When we arrive send this message.

" Drop Troopers, don't blink we're gonna show you how real soldiers get things done. Watch and learn ladies.

PSYKERS!!! You can read minds, tell me where the son bitches are who think they can rebel against us so I can shoot them, COMMISSARS front and center, stop skulking behind real soldiers and get up here to do your jobs and lead the charge.
"

Charge enemy positions identified by the Psykers, if they find none then charge from cover to cover pushing forward until we find something to kill. Use Frag Grenades when we come in range of the enemy sticking to the shadows as much as possible.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

If I'm unable to get transports then I take my force and push into the main facility heading towards the northern landing zone using stealth as much as possible.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2013, 02:16:32 am by Patrick Hunt »
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: September 01, 2013, 12:21:37 am »

Establish communications with my other psykers, and move with my group.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: September 01, 2013, 12:32:06 am »

Oh missed your question Gunin. Assuming my little battlemap is accurate. Your on the souther landing pad, your in a grenadier squad and your force total 3 grenadier 3 standard drop infantry squads plus attached psykers and commissar.
The central landing pad is my 2 squads, our attached units, 3 standard drop squads, the Lord Commissar and the Primus Psyker.
The northern pad is the other 8 standard squads.

Souther pad your still fighting but your not pinned down or trapped in a building.
Central pad we kicked ass and took no names so fast they never knew we'd arrived.
Northern pad all 8 squads are pinned down inside a building which I'm currently calling for transport so I can move in to relive, otherwise I have to invade the facility and push through the hard way.

Gunin is having his units push forward.
I'm trying to have transport move me to the norther pad otherwise I'll advance on foot through the building.
Kaian is trying to arrange for snipers from the guerrilla battalion to be dropped in on the center to provide cover.
Mastah is coming with me.
Wolf I'd guess from his move is remaining with the 3 squads to keep them in line.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2013, 12:41:27 am by Patrick Hunt »
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #184 on: September 01, 2013, 12:34:45 am »

Oh missed your question Gunin.
Well I thought the GM would've answered that but okay. Sounds about right.

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: September 01, 2013, 12:35:43 am »

Well according to the tabs in the turn thats accurate anyway so it should be right, although there is a typo since the rolls for your units total up to 17 not 19.

It's probably pointless but this kind of thing it seemed like a good idea to keep my own little battle map so I can keep tabs of whats going on more easily.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2013, 12:42:06 am by Patrick Hunt »
Caine's law.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: September 01, 2013, 12:41:02 am »

I'm moving up with Patrick right now.
The Derail Thread

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: September 01, 2013, 01:00:48 am »

Actually Now that i have finished work (still not home, but o got some paid internet, typing on a phone sucks) I will do my action

1st thing, request that the transports coming to pick up the stormtroopers drop me a pair of sniper squads
2nd thing, when they arrive, get the snipers and Mastahcheese to do their best to keep the enemies' heads down, don't care (well I do but less) about body count, I just don't want them getting a shot off.
Then I charge with the 3 squads of drop troops against the next group, take as many prisoners as possible, and execute them publicly to demoralize the opposition, what do you guys think?
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: September 01, 2013, 01:03:57 am »

Alright, Patrick wants my guys identifying targets, and wolf wants me keeping enemy heads down.

Only one thing to do then.

Bio-Lightning away!
The Derail Thread

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: September 01, 2013, 01:14:57 am »

(( You could launch a frontal assault but I wouldn't recommend it. You've got 3 squads of infantry better prepared for shock attacks then frontal assault. You'll be moving on enemies in a fortified position with superior numbers and superior fire power. Better training on your 3 squads evens it a little but as has been shown on the norther pad it will only get you so far when the enemy has heavy weapons.

If you wanna attack I'd suggest you request a few ambusher squads as well, you can use the numbers to put you back on an even footing. Or almost even anyway. ))
Caine's law.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #190 on: September 01, 2013, 01:19:04 am »

Let's see what they've actually got before we go trying to move manpower around. We don't know anything yet.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: September 01, 2013, 01:21:23 am »

Ok so I should get my men to hunker down and await re-enforcements, that actually does make sense, still gonna request some snipers, they will be dead handy to keep the enemy pinned once we DO go for the frontal attack
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: September 01, 2013, 01:23:00 am »

I'd agree with hunkering down, I'll pull the troopers asses out of the fire and they can finish up the mission before we find out what the next step is.

If your hunkering down I'd suggest you call for the 2 squads of infiltrators as well, send them in to scout things out while you wait, your area is silent the enemy has no idea it's been taken so fair bet the enemy has pulled men away from it to reinforce the flank pads that are known to be under attack.. Good chance to get some intel if you have the right men.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2013, 01:31:53 am by Patrick Hunt »
Caine's law.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #193 on: September 01, 2013, 01:37:22 am »

If we hunker down we lose all our momentum. I say we press on and fall back if we actually run into some serious trouble rather than risk getting hemmed in. We don't have much sustainable firepower ourselves and I don't think we could keep up a prolonged defence, and we might even end up bogging the whole force down if we get mired like this! Staying on the move however, I think we have much better chances, especially with all these grenades we still have some good punch. 'Offence is he best defence,' so they say. We've even got the commissars for this kind of action too!
« Last Edit: September 01, 2013, 01:39:29 am by GUNINANRUNIN »

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: September 01, 2013, 01:41:31 am »

I have 3 squads of troopers, myself, and the primaris psycher. Against an unknown force which is entrenched
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 18