Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 18

Author Topic: Imperial Guard Multiplayer Game (5/5)  (Read 13731 times)

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
Re: Imperial Guard Multiplayer Game (5/5)
« Reply #195 on: September 01, 2013, 01:45:25 am »

If we get a bloody nose, then we know what we're up against and we can roll in the armour and hammer it out. If we catch them with their pants down, then we clear the way. And we actually don't know if they're entrenched, Patrick just said that. We just know they're firing at us and that the forces in the immediate area know we're here.

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: September 01, 2013, 01:46:53 am »

Which is why I suggest digging in and calling in Infiltrators, snipers and as many ambushers as you can, send in the infiltrators to see what we're facing, dig in the rest of your forces and hold the area. So far it's completely secure and the enemy doesn't know it's been lost meaning as long as you don't get spotted should be ok.

Gunins force has still got to secure that pad so it's probably got reinforcements on the way, the other flank has got 80 men trapped in a building and with the enemy having heavy guns that cover ain't gonna last long. I can pull them out or I can support a frontal attack, I can't do both and I'm the only heavy infantry we have on the ground.

Your choice Wolf of all of us your the ranking officer, do you want me to pull them out or launch an assault? I'd prefer to pull them out. The loss of 80 men is almost 2/5 of that battalion and replacing that many men will take time.

« Last Edit: September 01, 2013, 01:51:57 am by Patrick Hunt »
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: September 01, 2013, 01:52:50 am »

Get em out, we can assault after all the landing zones are secure
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: September 01, 2013, 01:54:23 am »

Done.

With luck we can land armor on your pad quietly once thats done. They'll fortify the side entrances if you stay quiet they won't know whats coming until the tanks blow the doors down and come in.
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #199 on: September 01, 2013, 02:05:43 am »

Okay. Do you want me to see if I can knock out those guns? I'd like to try for it if that's all right cap.

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: September 01, 2013, 02:10:19 am »

Whats guns? The ones pinning the northern squads?
« Last Edit: September 01, 2013, 02:28:14 am by Patrick Hunt »
Caine's law.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: September 01, 2013, 02:30:26 am »

Order my squads to dig in and comm command

"This is Lord Commissar Lucia to command, central LZ is secure and opposition seems to have no idea that we are here, requesting snipers and infiltrators to help secure the position and scout out the enemy, while the stormtroopers support the northern LZ. LZ is secure enough to land armour when ready"
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #202 on: September 01, 2013, 02:47:25 am »

Whats guns? The ones pinning the northern squads?
Yes. I haven't the faintest idea how far it is though.

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: September 01, 2013, 02:56:14 am »

To far, your on the southern pad they're on the northern one. It's the total opposite side of the facility. You can try it but it's probably not necessary with my combined 25 men already on the way.
Caine's law.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #204 on: September 01, 2013, 02:59:56 am »

Yeah that's a horrible idea. I'd have to either waste time circling around or break right through the middle of the base. X_X

Instead I'll just get the men moving. I still think that armour would be put to better use with some space. Especially since no one's putting up a fight over here right now.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: September 01, 2013, 03:02:54 am »

Actually you are still fighting, north is pinned down and central is secured

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: September 01, 2013, 03:04:01 am »

Hah well down to you brother. You can either dig in and wait for the tanks and guerrillas to drop in to support you or you can attack now and hope your 60 men can survive an assault with the best part of 2800 enemy infantry inside.

South is secure as well more or less, they had to fight tot ake it but thats about over. A few stragglers maybe but I'd suggest for you Gunin that you just make sure it's secure then dig in with whatever cover you can find to cover the doors in case they counter attack,
Caine's law.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #207 on: September 01, 2013, 03:14:23 am »

Nahhh it's fine. It's fine it's fine it's fine. And 2800? That's a big number but it's not like they're all shooting at me at the same time here. Is that how many are in three line regiments? Attack hard and fast. Use grenades. Isolate hostile watchtowers and wipe them out with Kraks. Make sure those gunships are helping out the central team.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2013, 03:18:28 am by GUNINANRUNIN »

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: September 01, 2013, 03:30:38 am »

Rough estimate based on total number of infantry in our regiment.
Could be a little less but I'd bank on more then that.
Caine's law.

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: September 01, 2013, 03:34:54 am »

Also can you please take out antitank if you can? Of course that would be after ensuring your own security.
Once the dropzones are clear, I'll try to send you heavier support where it is needed.

Available infantry reinforcments:
-13 infantry squads from armour and artillery (currently guarding the base I suppose)
-2 heavy weapon squads, one with autocannons, one with lascannons.
-the whole guerilla regiment

And of course the tanks.
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 18