Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 18

Author Topic: Imperial Guard Multiplayer Game (5/5)  (Read 13729 times)

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
Re: Imperial Guard Multiplayer Game (4/5)
« Reply #30 on: August 27, 2013, 02:49:15 am »

Can I vote as well?

If I can: I vote for a speed and mobility oriented mechanized regiment.
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 27, 2013, 02:50:13 am »

Oh hells no. COMMISSAR!!!! Shoot that man he's clearly lost his mind.

Uhm Cheese.... did you read what he said? We're not choosing the regiment yet we're choosing if we want a mixed or a pure regiment.
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 27, 2013, 02:51:28 am »

I am up to either regiment.
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 27, 2013, 03:07:39 am »

I vote for a pure regiment.
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 27, 2013, 03:12:32 am »

Ok, first things first. Regimental Creation. We'll go step by step.

Is the Regiment a mixed regiment or not?

Normal regiments contain one kind of formation and little else, such as a mechanised infantry unit containing mainly squads on Chimeras and some Sentinels, but mixed regiments contain a more varied force. However those regiments are always the result of two understrength regiments merging, which means that there's going to be mistrust between the different forces.
Just to point out to those that haven't read the Only War rules, but Mixed Regiments still only get the equipment of the core regiment, unless Rhyme is houseruling.
15:35   HugoLuman reads Harb his secret spaghetti recipe

Rhyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 27, 2013, 03:15:56 am »

I'm houseruling, mainly because this isn't going to be an only war game, I'm just using some of it's rules because they help a lot.
Most people's relationship with Dwarf Fortress is akin to Stockholm Syndrome.
Dwarf Fortress doesn't mean to do it... I just can't behave sometimes so it has to correct me.
Wait, there's a player list?

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 27, 2013, 03:17:33 am »

I think he's maintaining that.

Basically say we did a mechanized regiment, that regiment has just lost say 1/3 of it's men and a regiment of I dunno uhm, Drop troopers, has just been cut down to 1/3 it's force. In the imperial guard it's perfectly acceptable to take 2 totally different regiments and stick them in together.

Using Rhyme's house ruling just means that we would have both a functional force of drop troopers and mechanized infantry in the same regiment giving players a wider choice.
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
Re: Imperial Guard Multiplayer Game (5/5)
« Reply #37 on: August 27, 2013, 03:18:56 am »

I'm houseruling, mainly because this isn't going to be an only war game, I'm just using some of it's rules because they help a lot.
Ok, though fluffwise the Departmento Munitorum is still not likely to give them replacement gear for whatever the new official regiment shouldn't have, and regiments are limited to one role for a reason.

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 27, 2013, 03:20:50 am »

Can I suggest only the 5 in decide on the regiment? No offense to anybody else but since it's the 5 of us who'll be playing it to begin with I think we should be the ones to decide what we'll be playing as. Rather then people who might never get in at all.
Caine's law.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 27, 2013, 03:22:40 am »

Well I like the idea of Mech Infantry, but also of drop infantry. what other options are there?
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 27, 2013, 03:25:54 am »

Give me 2 minutes wolf I'll get a list of all the types.
As far as I know every regiment from both Only War and Hammer of the Emperor is possible.
Caine's law.

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 27, 2013, 03:26:19 am »

Well I like the idea of Mech Infantry, but also of drop infantry. what other options are there?
If I recall correctly, there's an ambush/guerrilla style regiment.
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 27, 2013, 03:27:21 am »

Armoured Regiment
Reconnaissance Regiment
Drop Troops
Hunter-Killer
Light Infantry
Line Infantry
Mechanised Infantry
Siege Infantry
Artillery Regiment
Guerrilla Regiment
Grenadiers
Heavy Reconnaissance Regiment
Rough Rider Regiment

Those are the main regiment doctrines from Only War, then there are various other training and equipment doctrines that modify those allowing other kinds of regiments (for instance, if you slap the Cavalry Mounts equipment doctrine on a Drop Troops regiment and give them a home-made flying mount, you can have hilarious fun).

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 27, 2013, 03:29:37 am »

I think we should go hybrid 2/3 mech inf 1/3 Armoured, but drop also sounds fun, hell they all sound fun

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 27, 2013, 03:33:31 am »

Armored and mech makes very little difference, it would just mean a few heavier tanks.
If we're gonna do a mixed we should pick 2 different kinds.

Like Armoured and Drop Troops to give some variety.
Caine's law.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 18