Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 23

Author Topic: World of Myth RTDII Turn 12, everyone off  (Read 24454 times)

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
Re: World of Myth RTDII Turn 10 Wrestling thunder
« Reply #270 on: August 25, 2013, 06:17:35 pm »

too late dan your on a boat there are no corpses here, the looting was a bit back in time
FUUUUUUUUUUU
Flip Eric off... WITH THE SEA!

{Power = 1, magic fails} you try and try, HRNNNNNNGGG, nothing happens

"Genoa i know your new to this whole dimensional shifting, body morphing headfuck but there is one fundamental law common to every universe... touch my shit and ill shank you, last warning."

threaten genoa and throw the 2 bolts into his chest in a non lethal manner.

Spend a few days trying to figure out my poison magic, start with something small like secreting venom and work up to spitting and then spraying it.

Also collect my feathers as they regrow and see if i can find/make a sheath or two for my daggers.

{1} You fail horribly with the bolts, and they stick in your foot, fortunately its minor and you are on a long boatride anyway
{5}{5} You quickly attempt to spit poitson and secrete it, going well {6} You think you know what to do now (Gained Toxin Profficiency {1} You stab yourself good handling your feathers, Marchus gets you inside and bandages you up, buy you’re not doing anything else for the rest of the trip.

Examine the amulet then attempt plant magic(try growing a small plant in my hand?). Then try and lure in a seagull. Then noticed that my hair change colour, freak out and fall off the boat. Climb back on and say sorry. Sleep. Plant magic! Probable have another awaking here. More figuring out of the amulet. Grow a fishing rod(plant magic) and fish.

{4}The amulet seems to be ritualistic, it is probably the simple of this cult. {3} A seagull eyes you curiously and starts coming towards you, but it sees something interesting under the water and dives for it instrad. You freak out about your hair colour, Marcus pulls you out and says it’s ok, {1} You can’t Draw any power, {1} Again, {6} Definitely cult thing, you decide its not worth keeping because cult, and throw it overboard {6}{5} You draw a lot of power, fortunately you seem to control it well, the boat starts growing a long branch, which then detatches. It is a little over sized but perfectly shaped, you would fish but you need some line and a hook 1st.

As the days go by, spend most of my time on deck looking at clouds. Try to see if I can move more threatening-looking ones out of the way. Meditate.

If that doesn't do anything, fix up that crossbow. See if the minimal amounts of knowledge I attained in shop class were good for something after all.

Third priority - practice marksmanship with lightning bolts at distant rocks and so forth.

{4} You mellow out and meditate, You fail to move the clouds, either they are too far away, or do not fall in the purview of your magics {2}{6} It was a relatively simple jam, woulda been hard n a combat situation but fairly easy now, you decide to test fire it, and lose one of the bolts over the side of the boat. {5}{3+1} You blast a small boulder on the coast, it falls into rubble but the thunderclap is very loud and almost knocks Clair over.

Emma had just finished her laps around the deck and was walking slowly to cool off when she heard Erik yell for her. She trotted over, stretching as she did so, and finally settled down near him by leaning on the railing. "OK. What do you need me for?" she asked, pushing some hair out of her face.
"Sure." Emma also cuts the spearhead off of Erik's spear, as per his request, and hands him the severed spearhead (in case this needs to be an action, otherwise ignore the bolding). "Mind if I ask why, though?"
   "Because I think this world has changed us enough," Erik said, smiling at his newly shortened spear. "I've been many terrible things... I've been a hypocrite, a coward, and a liar, but I've never been a killer until now. I doubt you ever felt it, but that man you killed wasn't originally going to die by your hand. I saw him dodge your axe, and I... twisted things. Your axe may have done the cutting, but I killed him."
   Erik gave the spearhead Emma had handed him a brief glance, then threw it out into the open water. "I don't want that to be my life. Maybe I can't go home, maybe I'm going to live out the rest of my days without the miracles of Exedrin and pay-per-view wrestling, but I can keep a little of who I was." Erik turned to look Emma in the eye, a faint smile on his face. "This place can change what we look like, but it cannot change who we are. I think we'll all turn out alright if we can remember that."

If Emma doesn't reply, then divide my waking hours between training with the new staff, practicing my luck on coins and dice, picking Greg's mind about history/nations/geography/etc, and socializing.

{4} Emma Lops off the tip of the spear, good enough

Code: [Select]
Simple staff
Hit: +1
Crit: 5
Crit Threshold: 4
Weight: 1
Damage: 5
STR: Full
Crit Damage: 5
Special: May take a -1 to hit and attack twice, may take a -1 to damage to be nonlethal

{5} You get everyone’s Scent memorised, you are pretty sure that you could tell  they were in the room with you, even if blindfolded and earplugged. You practice a bit with your claws and get familiar with them (In other words you are now allowed to know their stats)

Code: [Select]
SC Claws
Hit: 0
Weight: 0
Crit: 5
Crit Threshold: 3
Damage: 5
STR: Full
Crit Damage: 5
Special: You have two claws, a claw attack may be added to another attack action in combat (not a charge though, unless you use only claws) , both attacks gain a -1
Erik Practicies with the staff among other things, the luck seems to be moslt instinctual practice isn’t gonna help much {5} but you think you have the basics of staffplay
Staffman

Now that all the fighting was over and she was safe on the boat Charlotte felt the tears build up again. Not wanting anyone to see her cry she tried to find an isolated spot and then she burst into tears. She hadn't wanted any of this, everyone else seemed to be handling ok but she couldn't she just couldn't. She wanted to go home, to see her family and friends again, to not have to fight any more. Charlotte spent a long time like that, praying that no one came over to her not wanting to deal with anyone else in this moment.

After she had recovered she realised that she didn't really have much to do, she hadn't gotten any magic to practice with and she had no desire to do combat training. She hadn't even brought a book with her.

She spent most of the days on the boat staring out to sea thinking about what had happened to all of them

You stare maudlinly to the distance, Marcus seems to know what’s going on with you and brings you an old battered boot “Here this book actually came from your world, maybe it will make you feel better, also chin up.” You look at the book, it seems to be an older print of The Lord of the Rings, Fellowship of the Ring

During the voyage, Thomas mostly spent his time either taking the odd notes or just trying to practice with the axe. One such day he happened upon Charlotte, deciding it was about time he got to know someone properly.
"Uh...hi?" She had been on her own for most of the days he noticed, but it didn't take an einstein to figure out she was wanting to keep to herself. While he understood her desire to keep to herself, it wasn't going to work forever. Besides, everyone else was busy."Don't suppose i can ask a small favor? Relax, nothing sinister or anything." He took out the notes he had written, holding them out."Do you mind giving this a once over and telling me what you think? If i should add anything, tweak it? Everyone else is a bit busy, and i really wouldn't mind someone looking it over." It was his logs of how they got here, what they experienced. It was servicable, but it lacked finesse...and an editor.

Offer notes to Charlotte and just general company to try to cheer her up.

She seems to cheer up a bit

Erik smiled back. "They drug us into this world, true. But they didn't want to kill us, they wanted to make us into weapons. I'm not going to let them do that. If Greg's people want to use us to hunt down the cult, haven't we just become the weapons of a different side?" Erik turned back to the sea with a faraway look in his eyes. "If I'm here, then I'm going to be here on my own terms. I went to Australia to find a new life, so very far from everything I knew. I honestly don't know if I'd go back if I could. I mean, the internet is fun, as is water that has been through some form of treatment, but... I'm getting used to the idea of this world." He shrugged. "And besides, I didn't say I wouldn't fight, I just said I wouldn't become a killer. There is a difference." O'Kelly's smile returned, broad and genuine. He stood up, banging his new staff against the deck. "In fact, if you've got a moment, I might show you."

Offer to spar with Emma
(PS its dragged not drug, drug is what caffeine, alcohol and nicotine, among other things, are)
(Well, guess who has home internet for about a month or so the way things are currently? :3)

Emma nodded. "That's true, but there's a fine line between being used and working together. As long as Greg's guys want to take down this cult, I'm happy to work with them, but if they start asking me to do things I don't agree with then that's where the deal ends." She listened to him explain about Australia. "Same here, sort of. I moved to Australia hoping for a new outlook on life, maybe beat my writer's block. That didn't happen." She leaned her back against the railing, putting both elbows on it. "I'm trying not to think about the things and people I'll miss..."

She looked down. Her parents and little brother would get worried when they didn't get an e-mail or a call from her for a week or more, and her old friends would notice when she didn't log on for their weekly D&D game. "...Yeah, I think a fight would sort me right out for a little while. I could do with a distraction. Hands only though, OK? The only weapons I have are this axe and magic, and I don't want to hurt you or accidentally set the ship on fire." She laughed quietly to indicate she wasn't serious about the latter, although she was speaking truthfully about not wanting to hurt the guy.

Counter-offer to wrestle with Erik, since he mentioned it earlier.
"Deal," Erik said with a laugh, setting his staff aside.

Accept offer, wrestle Emma. Practice my luck while doing so.
Emma nodded and stretched a few times, getting ready for a bit of physical exertion. Once she was done, she rapped on the railing a few times to signify the bell ringing and let Erik know it was time to get ready. Her first order of business was to try and initiate a collar-and-elbow tie-up to test his skill before going for a hammerlock.

(you do know I know nothing of wrestling,, this is gonna take a bit, also I kinda want to get it all done in one turn as this is a condensed turn thing)

{Agi: 5+1 vs 11}{STR: 2+1 vs 2+1}
Emma Gets a pefect hold, she may have been unable to press the advantage but Eric is well held, no squirming outa this he is gonna have to break free.
{STR 4+1 vs 1[./s]5+1} You break the hold a little, you are not free, but you might be able to quirm out
{AGi 5+1 vs 4} Emma just manages to keep the hold
{agi 4+1 vs 2}{STR 6+1, 3+1} Emma Secures the hold once more, and Forces eric to the ground, overdoing it a little and banging his head.
{Str 4+1 vs 1 4+1} No headway is made either side,  {Agi 2+1 vs 1} Eric attempts to flip the grapple around, but just ends up giving Emma a hand in keeping him still
{STR 6+1 vs 5+1} Eric can’t break the hold, and taps out

Practice with my new abilities.

{2+1}{5} You make the water around the boat burble a little, {2+1}{3} You splash yourself a little, {3+1}{2} You summon a ball of water, which you drop in your crotch. {1} The water refuses to answer your call this time.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

You will have another 1 or 2 turns on the boat, Unholy sorry but you are stuck in bed recuperating for those turns.

Draignean:
Spoiler: Erik O'Kelly (click to show/hide)

SeriousConcentrate:
Spoiler: Emma MacIntyre (click to show/hide)

Harry Baldman:
Spoiler: Dick O'Kelly (click to show/hide)

scapheap:
Spoiler: Clair (click to show/hide)

Dansmithers:
Spoiler: Genoa Tartakovsky (click to show/hide)

Kansa:
Spoiler: Charlotte Venture (click to show/hide)

Neroselene:
Spoiler: Thomas S Hunter (click to show/hide)

Unholy_Pariah:
Spoiler: Elric Johnson (click to show/hide)

You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
Re: World of Myth RTDII Turn 9, on their way, also looting
« Reply #271 on: August 25, 2013, 06:35:17 pm »

Yeah... im thinking i should really get a point in dexterity before fiddling with my feathers again.
So can i not take any actions or can my character simply not leave the bed?
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: August 25, 2013, 06:39:32 pm »

(PS its dragged not drug, drug is what caffeine, alcohol and nicotine, among other things, are)

((Drug is a dialect shift of dragged, common in the midwestern United States. It feels more natural in dialogue, particularly when a character is just talking naturally to a friend. It's like lay and laid, the difference grammatically is often not the same as the difference between the spoken forms.))

Erik coughed and slapped the deck, surprised at Emma's proficiency. "I think," Erik said, gasping for breath. "That this is a prudent time to mention that while I enjoy watching wrestling, I don't actually know how to do it myself."
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: August 25, 2013, 07:05:52 pm »

Yeah... im thinking i should really get a point in dexterity before fiddling with my feathers again.
So can i not take any actions or can my character simply not leave the bed?

OK can do some stuff, be realistic though
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
Re: World of Myth RTDII Turn 10, Wrestling thunder
« Reply #274 on: August 25, 2013, 07:09:36 pm »

wipe poison off self with cloth, wrap cloth around dagger blade, sleep.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: August 25, 2013, 07:24:10 pm »

(@Draignean, re: PM: I've been kinda busy, I'll read it when I have time and get back to you. ^^^;)

Emma laughed. "I'm strictly an amateur myself. I watched WCW when I was a little girl and my little brother was on the wrestling team in high school, so we'd practice sometimes." She let him up and offered a hand to help him to his feet. "That was fun, though. If you want a rematch you know where to find me." She was in a considerably better mood right now and leaned against the railing. "So... anything on your mind?"
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: August 25, 2013, 11:07:12 pm »

Erik massaged his shoulder and shook his head, smiling at Emma. "Actually, no." He surprised himself be laughing into the salty air. "I feel good. I don't know where I'm going, but I'm starting to enjoy the ride. So, anyway, when we get to Greg-o's city, what are you going to do? I mean, we could go chasing after the cult of funny robes and involuntary nudity, but..." he let his voice trail off and grinned mischievously. "We could also make a fortune in show business. Every old hackneyed movie, every corny joke, every tired twist, think about what it would do here if we started writing plays! I mean, we'd be rich by reproducing Monty Python alone." Erik shrugged, his tone still joking. "What do you think?"
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: August 25, 2013, 11:24:41 pm »

Emma laughed softly and shook her head. "Somehow I don't think the 'Bring Out Your Dead' scene would play too well to an audience that might have seen such a thing without the jokes. But if you're asking 'would you like to see the sights with me,' then sure. I'd be happy to." She pushed a bit of hair behind her ear, her expression turning serious. "Real talk? I know I've been talking a lot of shite about getting that cult but really I'm really nervous about the idea of taking them on. I mean, it's one thing to fight to the death when you're pushed into a corner like we were earlier, and another altogether to be the one initiating that fight, y'know? I don't know if I'm ready for such a thing."

She returned her eyes to his. "So... taking a bit of time to look around and see what kind of world we're in is an appealing idea."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: August 25, 2013, 11:55:15 pm »

Erik nodded. "If I still drank I'd be in a mood to toast to something corny like 'new lives' or 'high adventure'," Erik said, stretching out in the sun. "But as it stands, you have yourself a deal. I'll watch your back if you'll watch mine. And if you promise to show me how to do that weird flexi-hold thing you pinned me with," he added with a smile. "We can see about Greg's offer, but there's a whole new world to see."

Chat lightly with Emma, go through a few more wrestling practices if she's up for it. Then go by the following schedule, important points bolded.

Spoiler: Erik's schedule (click to show/hide)
---

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: August 26, 2013, 12:17:46 am »

"Sure, I can try. But you might want to learn some yoga first. It's great for getting rid of minor aches and pains, increasing mobility and flexibility, increasing strength, burning fat, improving endurance, posture, and breathing, and relieving stress." She grinned. "If you'd like, I start my own training early in the morning, as well as after lunch and dinner. You can join me and I'll get you started with some beginner exercises. No charge for the classes." Emma laughed. "Well, anyway. Here. I'll walk you through what I did and then we'll see if you can apply it to me."

She took Erik's arm gently by the elbow and wrist. "These are the important points to start with, to keep control of the arm. Once you have it, you duck under and through, like this." She held his arm up and went under it, turning so she was facing his back and still holding his wrist. Without applying real pressure, she pulled it back and placed his wrist against the small of his back. "Once it's back here, you want to pull it up and forwards, like you're trying to make the other person touch between their shoulderblades. If you'd like, you can also apply a half-nelson to the other arm to help immobilize."

Emma demonstrated, placing her upper arm in Erik's free armpit and placing her hand on the back of his head so his arm was lifted away from his body. "You can grab the back of the head like I'm currently doing, or the neck if you'd prefer. Or, if you wrench their arm up high enough, you can grab it with this hand too, although that would quite likely injure you if I were to show you. Now..." She suddenly fell to the side, cushioning their fall with her shoulder so Erik didn't hurt himself. "...You can drag your opponent down to the ground to keep them locked. In a real situation you would probably want to fall forward so you can pin them underneath your own weight and make it harder for them to escape, but I didn't want to hurt you."

She lifted a leg and wrapped it around him from behind. "You can also wrap your legs around like this for further entanglement. The tighter you have your hold, the better. Anything else you want to know?" Emma asked as she disengaged and rolled to her feet, offering him a hand up again.

Continue practicing CQC/wrestling with Erik (letting him be the aggressor this time), keep up daily schedule.

(reposting Emma's schedule here for wolf's convenience:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
)

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: August 26, 2013, 02:38:06 am »

That's some extremely loud thunder, Dick thought. Hm. Well, guess there's little else to do than but mellow out.

Chill. Meditate. In the mornings, do tai chi (or at least try to, having never actually done tai chi - looks pretty tranquil, though). Center self, all that meditation stuff. Strengthen resolve.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: August 26, 2013, 11:20:55 am »

"Yeah," Erik said, as Emma showed him the wrestling move. "My first question is whether your brother survived practice." He grinned, then shook his head. "I wish I had some sort of training to offer you in return, but, well... hmm..." Erik paused a moment. "You know, if I could convince Greg-o to part with some spare clothes I could wrap my staff and we could take rounds being the aggressor or the dodger in striking drills. Wrestling is good if we get into knife-fight distances, but some not-getting-hit-in-the-head lessons might be good for dodging people with weapons."

Propose Dodging drills after wrestling practice
« Last Edit: August 26, 2013, 11:23:00 am by Draignean »
---

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: August 26, 2013, 01:03:49 pm »

"Heh, well... he's a tough kid." She seemed somewhat proud of it. "But yeah, that sounds like a good idea too. Sadly, it'll most likely come in handy." She held her arm out toward Erik. "So, ready to give this hold a shot?"

Accept Dodging drills as well.

neroselene

• Bay Watcher
  • Dire Bears- Making your bad situations worse
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: August 26, 2013, 11:09:22 pm »

Thomas was just happy to be able to cheer the girl up, even if it was only slightly. He could understand that she was likely a bit upset about everything: She'd not only been thrust into a new world she knew nothing of, but had also been forced to kill someone. The only reason he presently wasn't losing sleep over the latter was because, in his line of work, he had seen some bad stuff. Suicides, murder scenes, nearly the whole gamut. It still weighed on him a bit that he had taken a life, but then again he just distracted himself with work as he always did at sights that were unpleasant.
"Get back to me when your done with the notes, feel free to add something if you really want. Writers always do better with editors and second opinions, unless their name's Stephenie Meyer of-course." He chuckled, moving slightly to where Emma and Erik were practicing."Hope you love-birds don't mind me watching." He teased.

Observe the spar and wait for when Charlotte returns with feedback and notes.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: August 27, 2013, 12:36:51 am »

Emma over with a smile. "Nah, it's cool. I don't mind. We're just practicing and trying to stay in shape, since we're probably going to have to be fighting a lot from here on out. The world seems a bit more, uh, savage, than what we're used to, y'know? Oh, yeah. I'm teaching Erik here a few things about yoga. You can join in if you'd like, we can have a little class of sorts."
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 23