Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 23

Author Topic: World of Myth RTDII Turn 12, everyone off  (Read 24467 times)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: World of Myth RTDII Turn 9, on their way, also looting
« Reply #255 on: August 23, 2013, 12:45:32 pm »

"Sure." Emma also cuts the spearhead off of Erik's spear, as per his request, and hands him the severed spearhead (in case this needs to be an action, otherwise ignore the bolding). "Mind if I ask why, though?"
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: August 23, 2013, 05:52:10 pm »

"Because I think this world has changed us enough," Erik said, smiling at his newly shortened spear. "I've been many terrible things... I've been a hypocrite, a coward, and a liar, but I've never been a killer until now. I doubt you ever felt it, but that man you killed wasn't originally going to die by your hand. I saw him dodge your axe, and I... twisted things. Your axe may have done the cutting, but I killed him."
   Erik gave the spearhead Emma had handed him a brief glance, then threw it out into the open water. "I don't want that to be my life. Maybe I can't go home, maybe I'm going to live out the rest of my days without the miracles of Exedrin and pay-per-view wrestling, but I can keep a little of who I was." Erik turned to look Emma in the eye, a faint smile on his face. "This place can change what we look like, but it cannot change who we are. I think we'll all turn out alright if we can remember that."

If Emma doesn't reply, then divide my waking hours between training with the new staff, practicing my luck on coins and dice, picking Greg's mind about history/nations/geography/etc, and socializing. 
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: August 24, 2013, 01:26:58 am »

Still waiting on some people, you know who you are!
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
  • Distant Traces of Beauty
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: August 24, 2013, 04:27:03 am »

Now that all the fighting was over and she was safe on the boat Charlotte felt the tears build up again. Not wanting anyone to see her cry she tried to find an isolated spot and then she burst into tears. She hadn't wanted any of this, everyone else seemed to be handling ok but she couldn't she just couldn't. She wanted to go home, to see her family and friends again, to not have to fight any more. Charlotte spent a long time like that, praying that no one came over to her not wanting to deal with anyone else in this moment.

After she had recovered she realised that she didn't really have much to do, she hadn't gotten any magic to practice with and she had no desire to do combat training. She hadn't even brought a book with her.

She spent most of the days on the boat staring out to sea thinking about what had happened to all of them
« Last Edit: August 24, 2013, 09:27:12 am by Kansa »
* greatorder smothers Kansa with earwax

neroselene

• Bay Watcher
  • Dire Bears- Making your bad situations worse
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: August 24, 2013, 09:21:25 am »

During the voyage, Thomas mostly spent his time either taking the odd notes or just trying to practice with the axe. One such day he happened upon Charlotte, deciding it was about time he got to know someone properly.
"Uh...hi?" She had been on her own for most of the days he noticed, but it didn't take an einstein to figure out she was wanting to keep to herself. While he understood her desire to keep to herself, it wasn't going to work forever. Besides, everyone else was busy."Don't suppose i can ask a small favor? Relax, nothing sinister or anything." He took out the notes he had written, holding them out."Do you mind giving this a once over and telling me what you think? If i should add anything, tweak it? Everyone else is a bit busy, and i really wouldn't mind someone looking it over." It was his logs of how they got here, what they experienced. It was servicable, but it lacked finesse...and an editor.

Offer notes to Charlotte and just general company to try to cheer her up.

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
  • Distant Traces of Beauty
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: August 24, 2013, 11:30:44 am »

"Um Hello, I su-suppose I can look over it. I don't really have anything else to do at the moment..." She took the notes, quite relieved really that she would have something else to do rather than just think. "I'll get them back to you after I look them over"

Takes notes and look over them, give feedback on them to Thomas
« Last Edit: August 24, 2013, 01:20:10 pm by Kansa »
* greatorder smothers Kansa with earwax

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: August 24, 2013, 01:19:03 pm »

Emma shifted her position slightly. "Mmm. I can see where you're coming from, but I don't feel the same. Those people... they drug us to this world, they did this to us, and they were trying to kill us." She looked at a furry hand; more specifically, at the claws topping her fingers. "You can still go back to your old life if we ever get out. All you have to do is wear your hair long to cover those ears. There's no hiding this... and I don't want to go back if I'm going to be looked at as a freak." She clenched her fist for a few moments, eyes closed. "...Right now, we have a purpose. A good one. These cultist guys, they need to be stopped, and I want to do that. Not just for me and you and the rest of us who didn't want or deserve this, but for the people of this world and all the people they drug from elsewhere to be turned into beasts."

She put a hand on Erik's shoulder and tried a smile. "Don't worry about having to kill. If you get in a fight and I'm around, I'll protect you."
« Last Edit: August 24, 2013, 01:27:19 pm by SeriousConcentrate »
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: August 24, 2013, 04:09:28 pm »

Anyone missing (not actually sure we have any), you have untill i get back from work today (not leaving yet juts posting the semi deadline)
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: August 24, 2013, 05:10:58 pm »

Erik smiled back. "They drug us into this world, true. But they didn't want to kill us, they wanted to make us into weapons. I'm not going to let them do that. If Greg's people want to use us to hunt down the cult, haven't we just become the weapons of a different side?" Erik turned back to the sea with a faraway look in his eyes. "If I'm here, then I'm going to be here on my own terms. I went to Australia to find a new life, so very far from everything I knew. I honestly don't know if I'd go back if I could. I mean, the internet is fun, as is water that has been through some form of treatment, but... I'm getting used to the idea of this world." He shrugged. "And besides, I didn't say I wouldn't fight, I just said I wouldn't become a killer. There is a difference." O'Kelly's smile returned, broad and genuine. He stood up, banging his new staff against the deck. "In fact, if you've got a moment, I might show you."

Offer to spar with Emma
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: August 24, 2013, 05:26:02 pm »

(Well, guess who has home internet for about a month or so the way things are currently? :3)

Emma nodded. "That's true, but there's a fine line between being used and working together. As long as Greg's guys want to take down this cult, I'm happy to work with them, but if they start asking me to do things I don't agree with then that's where the deal ends." She listened to him explain about Australia. "Same here, sort of. I moved to Australia hoping for a new outlook on life, maybe beat my writer's block. That didn't happen." She leaned her back against the railing, putting both elbows on it. "I'm trying not to think about the things and people I'll miss..."

She looked down. Her parents and little brother would get worried when they didn't get an e-mail or a call from her for a week or more, and her old friends would notice when she didn't log on for their weekly D&D game. "...Yeah, I think a fight would sort me right out for a little while. I could do with a distraction. Hands only though, OK? The only weapons I have are this axe and magic, and I don't want to hurt you or accidentally set the ship on fire." She laughed quietly to indicate she wasn't serious about the latter, although she was speaking truthfully about not wanting to hurt the guy.

Counter-offer to wrestle with Erik, since he mentioned it earlier.

Dansmithers

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:TUNNEL_SNAKES:RULE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: August 24, 2013, 05:32:09 pm »

Practice with my new abilities.
Siggy Siggy Hole!

Well, let's say you're going away from Earth on huge spaceship and suddenly shit goes wrong and you have Super Mutants. Social Experiments prepared them for this.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: August 24, 2013, 05:37:40 pm »

"Deal," Erik said with a laugh, setting his staff aside.

Accept offer, wrestle Emma. Practice my luck while doing so.
---

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: August 24, 2013, 05:43:11 pm »

Emma nodded and stretched a few times, getting ready for a bit of physical exertion. Once she was done, she rapped on the railing a few times to signify the bell ringing and let Erik know it was time to get ready. Her first order of business was to try and initiate a collar-and-elbow tie-up to test his skill before going for a hammerlock.

neroselene

• Bay Watcher
  • Dire Bears- Making your bad situations worse
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: August 24, 2013, 06:12:38 pm »

Thomas nodded, just waiting for her to finish reading patiently.
"I know it's not exactly the best run down, this is basically just a copy but...figured it was a good idea to at-least get a base summary of how we got here." he chuckled, giving a small shrug."I'm a reporter, can't help my instincts"

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: August 25, 2013, 06:21:15 am »

ah damn it sorry, there was a footy game on after work and now im too tired to do the turn, I'l do it in the morning i guess, well more time to post stuff if you have not
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 23