Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 48

Author Topic: BYOR 12 - Game Over: And That's Why They Call Them Mafia  (Read 107268 times)

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 12 - Day 3: HEHAHEHAHEHA HUMANS IS FUNNY
« Reply #630 on: November 29, 2013, 07:19:39 pm »

... I'm not using Smooth-Talk right now. Unvote
ZU why are you lying?
I didn't lie, I just didn't know that.

Bull frickin' Horse Shit! Every time I've used my ability Birdy has confirmed that he got a Role-pm confirming it. You were making things up to avoid having to put your vote onto someone! Then when that fell through you went and voted the easiest target.
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #631 on: November 29, 2013, 07:41:48 pm »

Webadict didn't forward me those PMs and I must have missed birdy mentioning it earlier.
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #632 on: November 29, 2013, 10:16:45 pm »

Nerjin: I'm talking to you.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #633 on: November 30, 2013, 08:25:12 am »

I am incapable of answering the question because I know the basis for his actions so I can't judge his actions on their own.

... I'm not using Smooth-Talk right now. Unvote
ZU why are you lying?
I didn't lie, I just didn't know that.

In that case I'll vote Shakerag because of the inspect result and because of all the interactions Tiruin had with the remaining players I think they were buddies.
I bolded part of your post. Would you care to give us some quotes that indicate that?
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #634 on: December 01, 2013, 08:46:54 pm »

I briefly went through her posts again. She had a normal amount interaction with NQT and Nerjin, slightly less with DS including a wierd vote then unvote in the same post, even less with Shakerag Toaster TWS.

From this NQT is probably not scum. He was also voting Tiruin earlier.
Nerjin is probably not scum. But I don't know why he's exceptionally angry. Maybe 3rd party? That would be 3 third party which is kinda high.
Voted and unvoted DS. DS's play is similar to other games he's been town and pretty lurky, so he's probably town. Least sure of DS
Shakerag and Tiruin did a weird mutual prod below. Which looks to me like they're talking to each other just to interact but with no substance, which is why I think Shakerag is scum.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=129509.msg4772124;topicseen#msg4772124
Toaster is pretty town. I don't think he'd lie about the 2-shot protect. Scum looks like they got redirected or randomized so Toaster being alive still isn't too worrisome.
TWS is town or super brave scum to claim cop.

BTW Webadict PM'd me and told me I did in fact lose my vote the previous days.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #635 on: December 02, 2013, 06:32:13 am »

ZU
In that case I'll vote Shakerag because of the inspect result and because of all the interactions Tiruin had with the remaining players I think they were buddies.
And not just to break the tie in your favour...? Seems quite convenient, though I can kind of see what you're saying with the possible prodding between him Shakerag and Tiruin. Hmm. I'll see if I can dig anything up in the interactions...

Toaster
Not really.  D2 Cheeetar was my primary suspect all day, and today has been driven by both the cop claim and the fear of randomization.  Unless I have a good reason to do so or changing information, I'm not going to move my vote around just to look good in your vote count.
That's about what I wanted to hear. I'm a little concerned that Nerjin isn't answering you questions but formally he appears the most town to me. Still, I'd like to know if your upgrade would shown up in someone's flipped role.

Sure hope Sheep and Shakerag get to post again before the day's end.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #636 on: December 02, 2013, 10:39:04 am »

Yes, yes, I'm here.  Give me a few to catch up and respond. 

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #637 on: December 02, 2013, 11:38:42 am »

Toaster:
Just to explicitly state it, no I didn't get upgraded last night. 

NQT:
Okay, so now you're claiming you might have been randomized when you were handing out your randomiser. So... what exactly was your vote on me for? And what were you doing just handing out randomises to people? Randomize doesn't seem like a particularly pro-town power. I could see you handing it out to a scum-mate... who did you intend to give it to? Nerjin?
Yes, I targeted Nerjin because I felt (and still do) that he's the most likely to be town.  Somehow Toaster got the ability. 

The_Iqovian had a randomize ability (amongst others) and he was town, for the record. 

My ability gives out a different ability each night.  Ho ho ho, I'm (like) Santa. 

Clearly I'm voting you because you're scum.  Didn't you catch that part?

zombie urist:
Shakerag: Why aren't you worried about being lynched?
Because I'd rather worry about finding scum instead?  And I figured that everyone would just figure this out on their own, but I'll state it plainly for you:  It seems pretty obvious by now that there was a high amount of randomization of targets last night.  It is even very possible that everyone got randomized.   Therefore the chances that TWS got randomized are pretty high.  Do you see where I'm going with this? 

More later.  Need to catch up from the long weekend at work too.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #638 on: December 02, 2013, 12:05:02 pm »

Shakerag
Yes, I targeted Nerjin because I felt (and still do) that he's the most likely to be town.  Somehow Toaster got the ability.

The_Iqovian had a randomize ability (amongst others) and he was town, for the record.
That's true, but it was on among a suite of powers. But yeah, looking at it, all the flipped town have powers that (if used on town) could be somewhat disruptive to our chance of winning.

My ability gives out a different ability each night.  Ho ho ho, I'm (like) Santa.
Well, Toaster appears to confirm that you did in fact give out a gift last night. What happened to your gift giving on N1?

Clearly I'm voting you because you're scum.  Didn't you catch that part?
Clearly. Still... I don't quite see what your case is. You voted me when I suggested we'd all been randomised... but now you've come across to the same point of view? I don't think I'm the person you're looking for.

Look forward to seeing the rest of your catching up.

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #639 on: December 02, 2013, 12:53:45 pm »

extend

Apparently both NQT and TWS tried something N1 and both got no results back. This is actually pretty troublesome because so far we haven't seen any roles that can do this.
Actually Iqovian can hide up to two people or something so this might have happened.

Hrmrmrmmm

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #640 on: December 02, 2013, 03:02:51 pm »

extend

Apparently both NQT and TWS tried something N1 and both got no results back. This is actually pretty troublesome because so far we haven't seen any roles that can do this.
Actually Iqovian can hide up to two people or something so this might have happened.

Hrmrmrmmm

Are you paying attention?  Did you forget this?

(1-Shot, Mafiakill) Public Health Awareness: All protects become kills. All other actions become protects. All kills go through protects. X-shots used by other players are not used up.

WUBA:  Can we get a prod on Nerjin?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

TheWetSheep

• Bay Watcher
  • water covering (entire sheep)
    • View Profile
« Reply #641 on: December 02, 2013, 04:00:47 pm »

Sorry for my absence. Unvote. Looks like I was randomised.

NQT: Your D2 vote analysis:
So who've been the most useless today? Tiruin had a weird switch vote on TolyK yesterday and now she's just cruising but... apparently she's coming in with something soon?
As of prior note, I've been making a LONG list of people-their tells from my PoV and interactions. Hopefully gonna be posted later today-am just really swamped by RL, but then I know I can do this and won't be asking for a replacement.
I want to hear it Tiruin!
Why was the weird switch scummy? Why, after your vote analysis, was the best thing you could come up with a vote on a lurker who had explained why she was lurking and had promised content? Looks like trying to distance yourself from your scumpartner with a vote that could easily be rescinded when she delivered the content.

It also doesn't make sense with this:
Iqovian (who I won't vote as he's going to be modkilled) and Deathsword have been the most tunnelly: they're the only players to have the same D1 vote as Day 2 vote without ever voting anyone else. So, Deathsword ol' buddy, explain to me why Cheetar is scummier than all other players. What do you think of his latest Toaster vote?
You imply you would vote Iqovian if he wasn't going to be modkilled. If Deathsword had been equally tunnelly, why didn't you vote him?

In the same post that you voted her, you give evidence for Tiruin's innocence:
A Theory: If Birdy is town, Cheeetar and Tiruin are probably town, since why would they be so fussed about which town player they lynched?
Yeah that might have water, though of course a strong scum player might do that sort of thing to appear town. Cheetar has been very engaged so if he's scum then he's competent enough to pull of that sort of thing. Tiruin's hardly been here.
Why'd you contradict yourself?

Also, out of your five votes in D2, four were on lurkers with no other reasoning for voting. The other one was at the beginning of the day, didn't have much force behind it, and between it and when you unvoted there were only 10 posts. In fact, you didn't pursue a single case all day 2. Why have you been activelurking?

DS:
Birdy, I have no idea why I was stupid enough to unvote you in D1. Your "premonition" about Toaster, you dancing around TWS's questions, claiming to have the best inspect EVAR right before being lynched, then comes D2 and oops, turns out it was not the best inspect EVAR. In D2 you once again faced the lynch, and once again claimed. Imp made quite a strong case against you, which you then dismiss as a "plot". It looks to me that you are just trying to stay alive, no matter what. You are using a lot of appeals to emotion, calling yourself an idiot to deflect attention. I don't like what you are doing, it reeks of desperation.
Every point in this paragraph has been made by other people before.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #642 on: December 02, 2013, 05:07:39 pm »

Unvote.

Despite a bit of a gut feeling, I can't shake a scumtell out of NQT, so I'm unvoting for that and to (as far as I can tell) break a tie. 

NQT:
Well, Toaster appears to confirm that you did in fact give out a gift last night. What happened to your gift giving on N1?
It would appear to have been eaten by Tiruin's ability.  There seems to be pretty good evidence she used it N1.

TWS:  Did you say why you picked Imp for your target N1?

zombie urist:  I responded to Tiruin because she asked me a question, and I saw something that looked inconsistent.  Which is amusing in hindsight now, because Cheeetar *was* lying.  I didn't talk with Tiruin much because I had other irons in the fire. 

Why do you think Toaster wouldn't lie about a 2-shot protect? 

If you're the "least sure" about Deathsword, why aren't you doing anything about that?

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #643 on: December 02, 2013, 05:58:21 pm »

Are you paying attention?  Did you forget this?
I totally did.  :-[ Maybe I shouldn't play in the morning.

zombie urist:  I responded to Tiruin because she asked me a question, and I saw something that looked inconsistent.  Which is amusing in hindsight now, because Cheeetar *was* lying.  I didn't talk with Tiruin much because I had other irons in the fire. 
Why do you think Toaster wouldn't lie about a 2-shot protect? 
If you're the "least sure" about Deathsword, why aren't you doing anything about that?
The nature of the question asked is iffy and it makes me suspicious. Lying about a protect on D1 is unnecessary and brings a lot of attention which is something scum wouldn't do. I'm choosing to follow my stronger reads today since we're basically at lylo.

NQT: What initially lead you to believe we all got randomized?

Toaster: Why has your scumhunting been lacking since you started waiting for your answer?

You guys do realize day is scheduled to end today right. Extend plz.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #644 on: December 02, 2013, 06:01:25 pm »

DS:
Birdy, I have no idea why I was stupid enough to unvote you in D1. Your "premonition" about Toaster, you dancing around TWS's questions, claiming to have the best inspect EVAR right before being lynched, then comes D2 and oops, turns out it was not the best inspect EVAR. In D2 you once again faced the lynch, and once again claimed. Imp made quite a strong case against you, which you then dismiss as a "plot". It looks to me that you are just trying to stay alive, no matter what. You are using a lot of appeals to emotion, calling yourself an idiot to deflect attention. I don't like what you are doing, it reeks of desperation.
Every point in this paragraph has been made by other people before.
So? Some had been made by me before focusing on Cheeetar. Those were my reasons for finding birdy scummy. I believe that the part I bolded wasn't mentioned by others previous to that post.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 48