Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 48

Author Topic: BYOR 12 - Game Over: And That's Why They Call Them Mafia  (Read 107303 times)

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 12 - Day 3: HEHAHEHAHEHA HUMANS IS FUNNY
« Reply #600 on: November 27, 2013, 07:28:24 am »

All

Well, there's been four posts in the last 24 hours. I guess things are a little slow because a lot of you have a holiday period about now?

I'm really concerned that we might be in LYLO. Chances are, the Demon is going to kill a townie tonight. If we mislynch and scum successfully get a kill off (let alone a vigilante-style misfire happening), we go into Day four with two scum and two town. Game over for town. So we gotta get things right today.

I'm tentatively suggesting a claim of all night targets (not a mass full-claim: we can still keep aces up our sleeve against the mafia etc.). We should only claim what action we used if it matters to working things out (so if you're a cop and you failed to learn anything then don't claim!) This way we've got a better chance of working out, given what we know of the flipped players, what happened each night.

What do people think?

Shakerag
And I will give you two+ good reasons I think Nerjin is town:
1 - Very vehemently against ties.  His reactions to them feel natural and not faked.
2 - He makes mistakes due to emotion.  I expect scum to be much more meticulous about every word they say (especially if experienced). 
3 - Extremely forthcoming with information.
4 - Doesn't seem to have voted with bullshit reasoning.
Huh, well not sure about seriously we should take number 1 (Nerjin always plays like that), but at least it looks like you've been paying attention. And yeah, I looked back, and though you didn't do anything today until people got on your case (though I guess it was the weekend), you did seem to be capable of reads on Day 2.

Okay, so now you're claiming you might have been randomized when you were handing out your randomiser. So... what exactly was your vote on me for? And what were you doing just handing out randomises to people? Randomize doesn't seem like a particularly pro-town power. I could see you handing it out to a scum-mate... who did you intend to give it to? Nerjin?

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #601 on: November 27, 2013, 07:34:46 am »

Toaster, not me!

TheWetSheep

• Bay Watcher
  • water covering (entire sheep)
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 12 - Day 2: Creepy Crawlers [2 Replacements]
« Reply #602 on: November 27, 2013, 09:38:34 am »

Deathsword:
Deathsword, why didn't you use the word scum when you addressed me?
To put it quite simply: I have the suspicion that you are a third party. Looking at your interaction with others, I can't see much that would imply a scumbuddy. I strongly believe you are not town. I am not sure you are mafia.
Were you thinking about this when you wrote the post, or was it justification after the fact? Because it really seems like the latter.

TWS: Who do you think is scum after Shakerag.
NQT and Deathsword. Partly process of elimination(I think Toaster, ZU and Nerjin are town), some gut feeling on NQT, and Deathsword hasn't really done much. Also:

NQT:Where's your vote analysis? Seems to me you usually use it as town but not as scum, and you haven't been using it much.

What do people think?
Seems okay, but if people had valuable information, don't you think they would have claimed it already?

No gained powers for me last night.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 12 - Day 2: Creepy Crawlers [2 Replacements]
« Reply #603 on: November 27, 2013, 10:12:51 am »

Sheep
NQT:Where's your vote analysis? Seems to me you usually use it as town but not as scum, and you haven't been using it much.
I did some Day 2. I generally aim for one a day from Day 2 onwards. Today mostly people have been voting Shakerag because of your claim, but I'll do another round soon, don't worry! It just takes me a little while to go through all the posts. Also, for your information, the first game I did full-on spreadsheet tabulation of voting patterns was when I was playing scum in Mafia & Masons. That wasn't traditional mafia though: I've never played as trad-mafia with a scum chat on this subforum... so I'm not sure where you're pulling that assumption from.

What do people think?
Seems okay, but if people had valuable information, don't you think they would have claimed it already?
No, people are generally quite cautious, and understandably so. But tell you what, I'll start by putting together everything everyone's already claimed and then we can see where we are then.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: November 27, 2013, 11:25:56 am »

Extend.  There's been very little discussion, holiday, etc.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: November 27, 2013, 11:26:44 am »

Extend.  Waiting for a certain person to claim/declaim an upgrade.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #606 on: November 27, 2013, 12:07:35 pm »

Deathsword
To put it quite simply: I have the suspicion that you are a third party.
What happened to your case on Birdy? Forgot what case you were trumping up in the long night?
I have not forgotten. I am thinking about it, revising it, so to speak. Birdy was replaced and I currently going over my case and how he acted and comparing it to ZU's behaviour so far.

NQT: In the quoted post above (which was trimmed, but just click the link if you want) you are pretty quick of accusing Shakerag of being scum and doing the NK. Yet you vote me without much accusation other than a question about my case on birdy. I understand that stopping pressuring a case the next day may be wierd, but you accuse Shakerag of doing a NK and then not vote him. Why is that?

Deathsword:
Deathsword, why didn't you use the word scum when you addressed me?
To put it quite simply: I have the suspicion that you are a third party. Looking at your interaction with others, I can't see much that would imply a scumbuddy. I strongly believe you are not town. I am not sure you are mafia.
Were you thinking about this when you wrote the post, or was it justification after the fact? Because it really seems like the latter.
I was thinking about it when I wrote the post where I accused birdy. It would have been simpler to just say he was mafia if I was looking for quick justification.

Also extend
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: November 27, 2013, 03:59:03 pm »

Deathsword
NQT: In the quoted post above (which was trimmed, but just click the link if you want) you are pretty quick of accusing Shakerag of being scum and doing the NK. Yet you vote me without much accusation other than a question about my case on birdy. I understand that stopping pressuring a case the next day may be wierd, but you accuse Shakerag of doing a NK and then not vote him. Why is that?
That's a legitimate question. I was concerned about Shakerag being accidentally hammered when we could potentially be at LYLO; I was just reflecting his nonsense case back at him; and I'm wary about us collectively focusing on one person and let everyone else slide by. That's how scum win. As for my case being stronger on Shake: I'm pretty sure we'll get the extend and so what with the holidays, that's a lot of downtime for me to do my proper analysis.

Extend

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: November 27, 2013, 05:57:13 pm »

Day Extended to Monday

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: November 28, 2013, 12:24:57 am »

We all claimed except Nerjin so he must be the upgrade/downgrade thingy right?

Can someone do a claim summary sometime?

All I got was TWS inspected imp and shakerag.
Someone gave Toaster a randomize.
Toaster upgraded someone???
I know Cheetar protected me N1.
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 12 - Day 1: Murder At The Docks
« Reply #610 on: November 28, 2013, 08:07:42 am »

ROLE CLAIMS AND FLIPS

Flips and False Claims
Spoiler: TolyK (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Hapah (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Cheetar (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: The Iqovian (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Imp (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Tiruin (click to show/hide)
Active Claims
Spoiler: Nerjin (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Birdy/ZU (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Toaster (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: TheWetSheep (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Deathsword (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Shakerag (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: notquitethere (click to show/hide)
Coming soon... some kind of explanation for what everyone did so far.

I'm confused why did Toaster get a randomize?
Shakerag claims he gave one out, but didn't intend to target Toaster.

Deathsword, Shakerag, Nerjin, you going to answer Toaster's question? Did any of you get an upgrade last night?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #611 on: November 28, 2013, 09:07:01 am »

For the record, its obvious that the fish was a joke. :v

Edit (because haha :D): :I
I didn't see that as a joke >_<
« Last Edit: November 28, 2013, 09:29:24 am by Tiruin »

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: November 28, 2013, 09:09:07 am »

For the record, its obvious that the fish was a joke. :v
For the record, it's obvious I was including it there as a joke.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #613 on: November 28, 2013, 04:26:23 pm »

ZU
I know Cheetar protected me N1.
He couldn't have deliberately: he only had one-shots which wouldn't have been used up if Tiruin had Public Health Announced on N1. The only current explanation is you're making things up (can't see why you would for this) or The Iqovian used one of his Limited Authority actions to make Cheetar act on Birdy, or Cheetar act on Imp and was randomly auto-redirected to Birdy. Either this action randomised as a protect, or Tiruin's PHA was in effect and the random action was anything other than a protect.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #614 on: November 28, 2013, 08:19:39 pm »

Hmmm.

WUBA:
Tiruin - Jane Addams
(1-Shot, Mafiakill) Public Health Awareness: All protects become kills. All other actions become protects. All kills go through protects. X-shots used by other players are not used up.

If the effect of this ability changed a one shot from whatever it was to become a protect, would the one-shot still be used up?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 48