Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 48

Author Topic: BYOR 12 - Game Over: And That's Why They Call Them Mafia  (Read 107257 times)

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 12 - Day 3: HEHAHEHAHEHA HUMANS IS FUNNY
« Reply #645 on: December 02, 2013, 06:34:48 pm »

Sheep
Why was the weird switch scummy? Why, after your vote analysis, was the best thing you could come up with a vote on a lurker who had explained why she was lurking and had promised content? Looks like trying to distance yourself from your scumpartner with a vote that could easily be rescinded when she delivered the content.
I think you misunderstand the method of my analysis. Tiruin came up the scummiest by the same metric that found the entire original scum team in the last Supernatural and correctly spotted the most town players in Witches. I've learned to trust it as a good way of spotting scum and it worked for me once again against Tiruin. Anyone else could have done the same analysis and came up with the same result, my methods aren't a secret. Tiruin's switch to TolyK was remarked upon at the time for being particularly weak (I'd find a quote but I'm writing this on my phone right now. If we're both alive by the next time I get to post I'll got into more detail).

It also doesn't make sense with this:
Iqovian (who I won't vote as he's going to be modkilled) and Deathsword have been the most tunnelly: they're the only players to have the same D1 vote as Day 2 vote without ever voting anyone else. So, Deathsword ol' buddy, explain to me why Cheetar is scummier than all other players. What do you think of his latest Toaster vote?
You imply you would vote Iqovian if he wasn't going to be modkilled. If Deathsword had been equally tunnelly, why didn't you vote him?
I was borderline on voting Deathsword but Tiruin was still scummier by her extremely low level of suspicions, and I take that to be a firmer tell than tunneling when a player has done a few other things in the game beyond tunneling.

In the same post that you voted her, you give evidence for Tiruin's innocence:
A Theory: If Birdy is town, Cheeetar and Tiruin are probably town, since why would they be so fussed about which town player they lynched?
Yeah that might have water, though of course a strong scum player might do that sort of thing to appear town. Cheetar has been very engaged so if he's scum then he's competent enough to pull of that sort of thing. Tiruin's hardly been here.
Why'd you contradict yourself?
I can see why you'd think there's a contradiction here, but really it was a case of me not being clear enough about what I was implying. I didn't think both Cheetar and Tiruin were both on the same team, their levels of engagedness differed so much. I didn't mean to suggest that Tiruin couldn't be scum because she couldn't have been deliberately buddying Birdy to appear town because she was inactive, but I can see how I could have worded things better now. Scum goodwording town is often pretty hard for them to avoid because they -know- the townsperson is innocent.

Also, out of your five votes in D2, four were on lurkers with no other reasoning for voting. The other one was at the beginning of the day, didn't have much force behind it, and between it and when you unvoted there were only 10 posts. In fact, you didn't pursue a single case all day 2. Why have you been activelurking?
Early on Day 2 I used my vote proactively to pressure lurkers into posting more. Then I did my usual analysis and found Tiruin the most guilty so I put my vote on her. She never delivered on content and died in the night before I could chase her up further. (The deadline for this game arrives about 3AM my time.) Today, where there's been more substantial things to discuss, I've been very active and have continued my analysis as before. If you find this playstyle suspicious then I hate to say it but you'll always find me suspicious in every game I play.

Toaster
Have you found out whether upgrades would show in flips?

ZU to do with my N2 action. I didn't learn what I thought I was going to learn and the info on Imp's flip was the best explanation.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #646 on: December 02, 2013, 06:41:31 pm »

So, the Day was scheduled to end in 4 hours, but I can't promise I'll be here, so I'll end the Day at 8 AM Central Tuesday (around 15 hours from this post.)

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 12 - Night 1: The Beginning
« Reply #647 on: December 02, 2013, 06:46:22 pm »

Vote Count
------------------------
Deathsword -
Nerjin - Toaster,
notquitethere - TheWetSheep,
Shakerag - zombie urist,
TheWetSheep -
Toaster - notquitethere,
zombie urist - Deathsword, Nerjin,
No Lynch -

Not Voting - Shakerag,

4 To Hammer. Day ends Tuesday 8 AM Central.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #648 on: December 02, 2013, 06:52:12 pm »

WUBA:  Can we get a prod on Nerjin?

Sorry folks, I've been really busy. My case on Birdy still stands even though ZU has taken over. His incompetence has done nothing to convince me other-wise. I don't have a lot of time so I'm just gonna be honest: I'm going to Smooth Talk ZU here in a moment.

Edit: Hm... I wonder if this message I just got was a prod. Hm... Anyways...

zombie urist for reasons I've detailed on every single day thus far. Sorry I don't have more time.
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #649 on: December 02, 2013, 08:56:01 pm »

Vote Count
------------------------
Deathsword -
Nerjin - Toaster,
Shakerag -
TheWetSheep -
Toaster - notquitethere,
No Lynch -

Not Voting - Shakerag,

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #650 on: December 02, 2013, 09:11:31 pm »

I guess it didn't go through then... Zombie Urist

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #651 on: December 02, 2013, 09:16:02 pm »

Extend because I want an answer.

Nerjin:
This doesn't actually answer the question.  Did any of your abilities get upgraded?

Cough cough cough

NQT:
Toaster

Yes, it would.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #652 on: December 02, 2013, 09:18:41 pm »

Nerjin:
This doesn't actually answer the question.  Did any of your abilities get upgraded?

Cough cough cough

Y'know, I keep thinking I answered that. No, I did not gain any new powers.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #653 on: December 02, 2013, 09:24:18 pm »

Well then.  Too bad, because I targeted you for an upgrade.  To be fair, the ability does say that not everyone can be upgraded.

Unvote

Vote Shakerag.  My gut still points at him, despite the likelihood there was a mass randomization last night, but I'll have to do some digging.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #654 on: December 03, 2013, 10:53:59 am »

Toaster
Toaster
Yes, it would.
So... we can be sure that Imp and Tiruin didn't get the upgrade, or would it not be obvious (i.e. is there a [UPGRADED] tag?). Because elsewise we're looking at someone lying about not receiving it, or it not working on someone that could have been upgraded.

Sheep
As we got extended a little, here's the quotes I promised. First, Imp says this:
If any two players switch from Birdy to TolyK and -no one else- votes for Birdy -  then TolyK will be the lynch.

Then in the very next post, with 26 minutes left (apparently) and after not voting all day Tiruin does this:
TolyK. I can't (..as in, didn't check deeply back) to wonder on why the whole fight drills down to one or the other. My notes on the occurrence in itself would state that Nerjin is either sure birdy should die-wherein said context would lie on the best probably idea: 'He's scum and I'm SURE of it' or Nerjin is a lyncher with a double vote.

GIVEN birdy's last words (presumably) I don't detect any sort of plea or appeal to emotions. I detect sincerity along his side on the 'if I die...' prospect on aiding town. Sure, I don't know if he's town or not, but his plea is. . .too innocent(?) to sound like either scum/third-party giving up and all that other stuff on veiled suspicion and such.

Nerjin's smooth talking. Ok this is when he said his point and ability. Probably a fake-name claim because having a bluff skill that high would..convince the target to vote himself in remorse? Uh, ok. Most probably a fake-name given the context of smooth talking (him losing a vote, nerjin GAINING a vote? That ISN'T smooth-talking.)
birdy's claim. Interesting. A claim on an inspect, with a newscaster as a premise. Probably an appeal to efficiency given how inspects are mostly always a convincing tool (yeah I'm biased because of that ONE GAME Witches Coven). While the context of inspects differ there from here, the difference is he withheld claiming it in exacts. Why would someone do this in lieu of death? Because its real, is the best logical answer to be had.

...And as I'm reading back I find that Nerjin's voting Birdy because he wants to avoid a tie, of all primary reasons. Is that you suspect him, a lesser priority for you to note that Nerjin? Blargh this. I'm typing my thoughts out at 60wpm.

But the scumminess remains. He's your second scum pick. What about REINFORCING THE CASE ON YOUR FIRST?! That came off to me as an excuse given some kind of veiled motive there. It's a strong move, but...confusing given how you explained it. What it seems to me: Double voter uses power to hit secondary target instead of getting primary suspect on the line. Reason: Wasting time(?). How is that possible when people can ask for extends or debate about the matter?
If so, then that's a really risky move as scum to do as it..levels quite a lot of suspicion on you. Something else is there with you Nerjin, but its vague as far as I can see.

So, she votes TolyK solely to switch the vote from Birdy, with no supporting reasons for why it should be TolyK that should die. It looks like she was trying to prevent Birdy from hanging.

Uh, I think the day might have officially ended now?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #655 on: December 03, 2013, 11:45:54 am »

"Hey, hold on," says Nerjin, pointing at zombie urist. "I don't really even remember this guy being here."

Deathsword thinks for a little bit. "Yeah," he replies. "Me neither."

"Let's kill him!"

As Deathsword and Nerjin tkae turns pummeling the poor defenseless zombie urist, a newspaper flies in through a nearby window, shattering it to pieces. The Prankster Demon laughs at the mayhem and destruction. (HEHAHEHAHEHAHEHAHEHA, just in case you forgot.)

notquitethere picks it up. "Anchorman beaten to bloody pulp? Mob violence does in another? How did they even print this if it just happened?" Shakerag shrugs.

TheWetSheep cowers a bit and starts pointing. Everyone turns to see the Prankster Demon's wings stretching further and further, gaining strength with the end of the Day. (He's still doing that stupid laugh. HAHEHAHEHAHEHAHEHAHEHA, in case you forgot.)

"NOW ME KILL HUMANS! NOW ALL SOULS MINE." His eyes narrow in on Nerjin. "ME KILL YOU FIRST."

The Prankster Demon swoops in on Nerjin, grabbing his arm before he can react. The demon flies up into the sky while Nerjin reaches into his jacket and pulls out a gun, firing several shots into the demon's stomach, arm, and a lucky shot into his throat. The demon cries out in pain, dropping Nerjin, but Nerjin quickly turns the tables and grabs onto the demon's arm now!

"THIS NOT RIGHT! THIS NOT FUNNY!"

Nerjin climbs up the demon's arm and hops onto his back. "Funny? Fuck you, clown." Nerjin fires a few more bullets into the back of the demon's head as the demon cries out in more pain, and begins rapidly accelerating to the ground.

"ME... HAVE LAST... LAUGH. HAHEHA--" And the demon smashed into the ground.

Toaster rushes over to the now dead demon in a pile of rubble. He quickly spots Nerjin's arm sticking out of the rubble. The rest of the group tries to remove the rocks, and after a few seconds of removal, Nerjin pulls himself from the rubble... Nowhere near his arm.

"Ha. He. Ha." And then it was Night.

Vote Count
------------------------
Deathsword -
Nerjin -
Shakerag - Toaster,
TheWetSheep -
Toaster - notquitethere,
No Lynch -

Not Voting - Shakerag,

zombie urist has been lynched!

zombie urist was the TVTrope: Kent Brockman News (town).

Nerjin has been killed!

Nerjin has come back to life!

The Prankster Demon has been killed!

The Prankster Demon was a Prankster Demon (outsider).

birdy51 zombie urist - TVTropes: Kent Brockman News
(Auto) This Just In: Each Night, you learn either what actions were used against you or who performed an action against you.
(Night) Rebroadcast: You may learn either the actions or players that targeted you last Night, instead of This Just In.
(Night) Rerun [target]: The target performs the same action on the same target as they performed the Night before instead of their normal action.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 12 - Night 3: And That's Why They Call Him Revolver
« Reply #656 on: December 03, 2013, 01:46:24 pm »

Cheeetar should have Cheated!  Cheeetar should have Cheated!

Silly rook who left his nook and left his wits at home,
Had a job and had to win, had to have someone's neck length-in.
Could have saved himself with words short and sheer, could have said 'I'm Master here,
Have some coin and stop this bother, my head's not for the noose - go pick another.'

But he didn't, so his body had to sway, supported by neck until the rope did fray.
Oh!  But so!  Imp was wont to say.  Isn't there another to kill this day?
There was indeed, a bird flown free.  Village Idiot Escapes Again we see.
News at nine, ten, eleven and twelves!  News and more news, the papers fly from shelves!

What good's a story, what good's a joke, without someone with it to poke?
The funniest thing about this clears, laughter so hard it brings me to tears
We could have stopped - we were already done; My chance to win was already begun;
But I thought I needed still to wait, my eagerness locked in hyped-up state.

For once that hammered vote came down, that it was over should have abound
And noticed, would have eased my work, nothing left but Cheeetar's body to jerk
And toss and twist until life fled.  But Web wasn't here to say instead,
"I don't think y'all realize you've been talking for 40 some posts after hammer..."

What's done is done, and what's to come, it comes.  Haha, hehe, more words of glee!
There's death around, and death shall be found, over under everywhere
Death for everyone, with or without care.  But these words I am glad to share:
Cheeetar's death was not in vain, but in great FUN that is so plain.
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #657 on: December 03, 2013, 02:08:58 pm »

But this one, it really tickled!

See there I was.

And it was day.  I thought, ooh, they're gonna get me.  See right through me.  I gotta -do- something!  So I did it.

Then it was night.  And I thought, they're gonna get me.  They see right through me!  I gotta -do- something.  So I did it.

Then it was day again.  The FINAL day!  And I thought, they're gonna get me.  See right through me.  I gotta -do- something!  So I did it.

Then it was night again.  The FINAL night!  And I thought, they're gonna get me.  They see right through me!  I gotta -do- something.  So I did it.

And then it... wasn't day.  Or night.  And it tickled.  Did you see right through me?  I saw right through me.  I saw out my head and then I saw out my chest and I saw out my legs as they swelled and popped and then I couldn't see or breath or anything.

But that's alright.  I wasn't supposed to.  Not anymore.  And it tickled, it tickled so much and just right when I died.

Will Master tickle you, when you die?  I bet it tickles, being tickled by the Master.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #658 on: December 03, 2013, 02:16:39 pm »

Because it’s HILARIOUS

My... Master is dead?  So it is said.
My Master... can die?  It seems not a lie.
My Master is... gone?  Jokes must go on.
So I am free?... Not that I can see.

But witness the power, the might, the right
The glory in savagery, fun found by strength with a gun
Most hilarious is death, laughing to end of breath
And what did Nerjin do?  Why, what he had right to do.

So even death can die, does that mean I should cry?
I did as my Master bade and now Master's grave is laid.
But all deaths are funny!  Each tickles the tummy!
And death that wasn't expected, the funniest of all is the surprise spray of red.

Laugh with me, Master!  Laugh once again faster!
Did it tickle, Master?  You who taught that death isn't disaster?
Nerjin, what fine fancy tricks you have up your sleeve -
I honestly never though you had it in you to deceive!

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #659 on: December 03, 2013, 02:20:02 pm »

Ha!  Haha!  You threw your life away?  Hahaha!

X marks the spot?  No!  X marks the arch!
The_Iquovian rended just so he was ended
No more may he play, just a grave where he lay
Unmarked and forgotten, the grave where he's rotten.

Why did he leave us?  Why go away?
He would have been useful, his skills they could save
He could have stopped it, he could have cared
Not this time lynch, this one is spared.

Or he could have chosen one night in the dark
You have my trust, my power, my art
You go forth greatly, you go and act
Go do something good, don't just react.

And always, forever, until it ran out
He could have made -someone- do -something- and shout
With wonder the next day, surprise or dismay -
I was forced to do that, what happened I pray?

But noooo... he did not, he said take me away
Replace me, don't chase me, I want out this same day.
Thus death did he beckon, thus death did he call
So death answered thusly and smothered his drawl.
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 48