Poll

Which save?

Fivex's
- 4 (50%)
Before OOS
- 4 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 8

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 30

Author Topic: Europa Universalis IV: MP, Saturday, 7pm BST  (Read 34771 times)

Azthor

• Bay Watcher
  • Doomy Dooms of Doom, Discount Sale!
    • View Profile
Re: Europa Universalis IV: MP, Signups open
« Reply #60 on: August 01, 2013, 12:15:35 pm »

If we actively and arbitrarily work against the reduction or even annihilation of some, this will just revert to a NPC stomping fest. Players are already a tougher nut to crack, if you start adding adding further deterrants, then I do wonder whether anyone will bother with player on player DoWs at all.

Does anyone ever like losing and becoming a backwater country? Is someone even likely to continue playing as another country once they have been reduced to that state? Likely not.

If defeating another, relatively large, nation will let me vassalize them, that is fine; if, however, I've been forced to bring its size down in several costly wars before, I'd very much rather finish what I've been made start and annex it.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2013, 12:30:48 pm by Azthor »

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 01, 2013, 02:32:29 pm »

Also, is it still possible to sell provinces? Unless that's changed, that means they can chose for themselves to make their state a minor. They don't need others to come in and tell them that they need to be a minor.

Yeah, that's still in. The AI even knows how to use it!
Oh, right, Quill's videos. In that case, I see no reason why people should be forced to become backwaters just because they're playing poorly. They can chose for themselves if they are starting to not have fun.

If we actively and arbitrarily work against the reduction or even annihilation of some, this will just revert to a NPC stomping fest. Players are already a tougher nut to crack, if you start adding adding further deterrants, then I do wonder whether anyone will bother with player on player DoWs at all.

Does anyone ever like losing and becoming a backwater country? Is someone even likely to continue playing as another country once they have been reduced to that state? Likely not.

If defeating another, relatively large, nation will let me vassalize them, that is fine; if, however, I've been forced to bring its size down in several costly wars before, I'd very much rather finish what I've been made start and annex it.
The topic in question is not about wars between nations in general, it is about wars against nations purely (emphasis) because they're running quite poorly.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 01, 2013, 02:34:54 pm »

I've thought about this a little and I'm not entirely sure if I want to play a MP when I have the opportunity to play the way more fun SP...

Count me as a substitute who may or may not show up if you don't mind :x

Twiggie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 01, 2013, 02:44:24 pm »

But... but... you have a whole tuesday wednesday thursday friday to play single player!

Surely you'll run out of things to do in that time!

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 01, 2013, 02:51:12 pm »

I've played EU3 with MEIOU for countless amounts of time (likely longer than several hundred hours) yet I still have things to do in it.
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 01, 2013, 02:52:33 pm »

But... but... you have a whole tuesday wednesday thursday friday to play single player!

Surely you'll run out of things to do in that time!
Hey I never said I won't show up :P

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 02, 2013, 12:41:02 pm »

I am seriously considering pre-purchasing, so I probably will join.

In case I do, here it is: Deathsword (Byzantium, Novgorod, Portugal, Venice, Morrocco)

EDIT: Did the prepurchase, so, barring any unpredictable events, I'll be joining the game when it happens.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2013, 12:49:31 pm by Deathsword »
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Twiggie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 02, 2013, 01:05:44 pm »

Ok. You are aware Byzantines starts with about 3 provinces and a rather large Ottomans, who will very likely be player controlled?

@dutch, i wont assign you a nation, you can play for the most powerful nation that doesn't turn up I guess, or pick one on the day.

To everyone else, castille is no longer a first choice for anyone, feel free to change your preferences if you want :)
« Last Edit: August 02, 2013, 01:09:07 pm by Twiggie »

Chosrau

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 02, 2013, 01:12:39 pm »

Also the Ottomans start with a truce with most of eastern europe, so getting allies to fend them off is quite hard for byzantium.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 02, 2013, 01:58:17 pm »

Well, unless they ask for help from a naval power like England, Portugal, or Castile. Still, wouldn't set the chances of surviving very high even in that case.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 02, 2013, 02:04:35 pm »

@dutch, i wont assign you a nation, you can play for the most powerful nation that doesn't turn up I guess, or pick one on the day.

Nice!

Twiggie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 02, 2013, 02:08:47 pm »

Well, put it this way, if I were playing ottomans, byzzies would be DoW'd within the first minute of play :D

Azthor

• Bay Watcher
  • Doomy Dooms of Doom, Discount Sale!
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 02, 2013, 02:37:01 pm »

Odds are the game will start with a full player war between England and France. It is plausible that England will give its continental territories up immediatly, ending the 100 years war, but no sane France will let England keep provinces in the french mainland.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2013, 02:38:33 pm by Azthor »

Twiggie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 02, 2013, 03:02:12 pm »

Well, I haven't seen the balance of power england-france wise, and there's always the chance that someone else will join in on either side - castille or burgundy particularly

Andrew425

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: August 02, 2013, 03:46:54 pm »

If I remain as the English player I'm willing to look into selling my French provinces. For a fair price of course.
May the mass times acceleration be with you
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 30