Poll

Which save?

Fivex's
- 4 (50%)
Before OOS
- 4 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 8

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 30

Author Topic: Europa Universalis IV: MP, Saturday, 7pm BST  (Read 34760 times)

Andrew425

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Europa Universalis IV: MP, Signups open
« Reply #45 on: July 31, 2013, 09:05:52 pm »

I know that, I just wanted to see if we could fill it up. As of now most people get their top choice, and only Descan wouldn't get any of his choices. Of course this doesn't really mean much but I think it would help balance out Europe a bit better. Of course with more people, we could have more obscure nations joining

Austria ~ Stabbymcstabstab
Brandenburg ~ Barbarossa
Burgundy
Castile ~ Dutchling
England ~ Andrew4250
France ~ Azthor
Muscovy ~ Twiggie
Ottomans ~ Chosrau
Oman ~ Descan
Poland ~ Karlito
Portugal ~ Rakonas
Sweden ~ Turran
Venice ~FiveX
« Last Edit: July 31, 2013, 11:22:10 pm by Andrew425 »
May the mass times acceleration be with you

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 31, 2013, 09:14:54 pm »

I know that, I just wanted to see if we could fill it up. As of now most people get their top choice, and only Descan wouldn't get any of his choices. Of course this doesn't really mean much but I think it would help balance out Europe a bit better. Of course with more people, we could have more obscure nations joining

Brandenburg ~ Barbarossa
Burgundy
Castile ~ Dutchling
England ~ Andrew4250
France ~ Azthor
Muscovy ~ Twiggie
Ottomans ~ Chosrau
Poland ~ Karlito
Portugal ~ Rakonas
Sweden ~ Descan
Venice ~FiveX
I don't think it's really a concern to balance out Europe that much, for instance, you choose to have FiveX as Venice even though his top choice is Mamluks, and Chosrau as Ottomans though his top choice is Hansa. You don't really need Venice to be player-controlled that badly, and Hansa is almost as competitive. Personally I'm all for a top-choice first priority thing rather than arranging things by somewhat arbitrary standards of importance and then filling it up as such. Obviously nations such as France, Great Britain, Spain, Austria, and Russia are vital, but other than that I think it's fair game.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2013, 11:25:42 pm by Rakonas »

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 31, 2013, 09:37:47 pm »

Yeah, I'd rather go with Timurids than Poland. Someone has to challenge Twiggie for mastery of China.
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 31, 2013, 10:45:40 pm »

I'm gonna change Yemen to Scotland, as my choice.

To reiterate: Descan: Oman, Scotland, Papacy, Crimea, Mamluks
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 31, 2013, 11:04:38 pm »

Brandenburg ~ Barbarossa
Burgundy
Castile ~ Dutchling
England ~ Andrew4250
France ~ Azthor
Muscovy ~ Twiggie
Ottomans ~ Chosrau
Poland ~ Karlito
Portugal ~ Rakonas
Sweden ~ Descan
Venice ~FiveX
*Ahem* I think you are missing someone there.

Yeah, I'd rather go with Timurids than Poland. Someone has to challenge Twiggie for mastery of China.
Uh, good luck there. You'd better beat down Twiggie before he outtechs you or something. Or run for China. Or something equally desperate.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Azthor

• Bay Watcher
  • Doomy Dooms of Doom, Discount Sale!
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 31, 2013, 11:32:13 pm »

The one eastern nation I can actualy see keeping Russia out of SEAsia is Ming itself, Timurids should, at most, be able to keep Russia off India, even under a skilled player such as Karl. Of course, whether or not the Western powers are willing to leave Russia alone in Asia is a whole other matter. Nations like Austria and Poland may opt to exploit Russia's inability to defend its western frontier while pushing into China, whereas those who missed on the New World may head into southern Asia next.

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 31, 2013, 11:56:46 pm »

Actually I could see Timurids expanding northeast into siberia, thereby preventing russia from even reaching China. Though western powers would be the real threat in China, and it wouldn't be russia that the Timurids would be keeping off of India. Personally I really do like the idea of having a Timurid player.

Andrew425

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 01, 2013, 12:05:06 am »

I do as well except they'd fall apart after 2 sessions.

It'd be a great help in slowing both Russia and the Ottomans though
May the mass times acceleration be with you

Azthor

• Bay Watcher
  • Doomy Dooms of Doom, Discount Sale!
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 01, 2013, 12:51:22 am »

Do any two major powers besides France and England start at war in the earliest bookmark?

Twiggie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 01, 2013, 03:05:33 am »

Changed the rules a bit.

If a player is falling way behind/screwing up their country, do feel free to attack. For instance the ottomans in the previous EU3 game were clearly not being run very well, but they were propped up by other players. Instead of that, I would prefer to see their lands reduced to ~4/5 provinces and effectively vassalised.

For a new player clearly trying to run a 20 province kingdom with -3 stability and 20-40 inflation is not going to be fun (and the player did eventually quit).

Once they've been reduced, a player should step in as their protector, and should provide them with funds and protection from rebels until their country can recover. (at which point the agreement can continue or dissolve, as decided by participants)

A bit of a rambly post but I hope you get the idea. As for wars, no clue, sorry.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 01, 2013, 03:15:04 am »

I would also posit that those who lose their country entirely could just swap to a new one.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

somebody

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 01, 2013, 04:22:38 am »

Brandenburg ~ Barbarossa
Burgundy
Castile ~ Dutchling
England ~ Andrew4250
France ~ Azthor
Muscovy ~ Twiggie
Ottomans ~ Chosrau
Poland ~ Karlito
Portugal ~ Rakonas
Sweden ~ Descan
Venice ~FiveX
*Ahem* I think you are missing someone there.
He missed two people and Descan never asked for Sweden.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 01, 2013, 04:43:34 am »

Changed the rules a bit.

If a player is falling way behind/screwing up their country, do feel free to attack. For instance the ottomans in the previous EU3 game were clearly not being run very well, but they were propped up by other players. Instead of that, I would prefer to see their lands reduced to ~4/5 provinces and effectively vassalised.

For a new player clearly trying to run a 20 province kingdom with -3 stability and 20-40 inflation is not going to be fun (and the player did eventually quit).
Is it fun getting yourself reduced to a small unimportant backwater instead? Remember, if they want to be a minor, they can change countries whenever they want (right?), forcing them to be a minor just because they're running poorly is really rather harsh.

Also, is it still possible to sell provinces? Unless that's changed, that means they can chose for themselves to make their state a minor. They don't need others to come in and tell them that they need to be a minor.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Twiggie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 01, 2013, 05:12:23 am »

No, its not particularly fun to have your nation reduced. It is however a lot easier to recover your country, restore stability and remove inflation when you don't have 20+ provinces of rebels and a large army to worry about at the same time.

I suppose we can always just let defeated players move out to Asia/America/Africa.

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 01, 2013, 09:01:28 am »

Also, is it still possible to sell provinces? Unless that's changed, that means they can chose for themselves to make their state a minor. They don't need others to come in and tell them that they need to be a minor.

Yeah, that's still in. The AI even knows how to use it!
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 30