Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 55

Author Topic: Airship Combat: Rocket man.  (Read 72418 times)

Thearpox

• Bay Watcher
  • Failure isn't allowed until it's mandatory.
    • View Profile
Re: Airship Combat: Now with More, probably hard to follow, Tutorials
« Reply #135 on: July 18, 2013, 06:16:52 pm »

((Nah, you sit tight with the your machine gun. I think me and Sloan can manage it.

Cheesecake: I would help if you crossed out the action you are not going to do. And yes, it is Dex.))
Why are 100% of my posts in ER? I already have another account. Created this one specifically for playing.

Not online every Friday evening till Saturday night. If I am listed as online, I am still not online, as my computer has an annoying habit of waking up to the tiniest distraction and then going off to sleep again.

List of links to charts and graphs here. Work in progress. Check it out?

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #136 on: July 18, 2013, 06:17:47 pm »

Is it possible to manually turn the lodestones further than normally possible?
Could be, for faster turns, but doing so would cause damage to the ship itself. I track the health of the sections, so it would weaken them to damage later.

-Airskiffs. For skirmishing and boarding attempts.
-A 360 degree deck gun on top of the cockpit, similar to the larger gun on a submarine.
-More ammo types for different guns. As an example, grapeshot shells, and disruption shells.
The fighters would come in different types, so boarding skiffs are possible.
Different kinds of mounted guns are definitely in there. The only reason these guns have the limit is to force maneuvering and other things.
Different ammo types work well too.

Oh. I kept looking for the turn it was originally posted in. Silly me.

Anyways, I think that "drop-pods" (things you stick people into) as cannon ammo would be neat. Oh, and as a suggestion for 3D: Could you have each ship's position just be represented as triple coordinates, and each ship's direction as a similar velocity?
Human cannon ammo is possible but..well it would have a high tendency to kill it's riders.

I'd like a bit of a better idea of what you have in mind, but it sounds pretty good.

I'm not sure, we'd only be two or three tiles away. How big are tiles, anyways?
Like DF it is Unspecific, but assume your pistol would only work on the tile your in and maybe the  tiles directly adjacent.

Hm...if you want a little extra work to do, remote-controlled or homing drones packed with explosives would be fun.

Incidentally, piecewise, this has had me imagining some stuff in the back of my head. I'd be willing to collaborate with you on the advanced rules.
Trying to keep this semi-steampunk/alternate WWI style, mostly because just spending all your money on 50 drones is probably effective but very boring. I want mid air machine gun battles, cannons firing, men fighting on the decks of enemy vessels. You know, that sort of thing.

If you have ideas, feel free to pm me. I may or may not use them, at least in their entirely or original form, but I'm always open for suggestions.

What's the time frame on turns going by?
unspecific, really, for the sake of not slowing everything down or forcing some actions to be unreasonably fast. If it seems like it would take a long time though, I'll split it across turns.

Personally, I want Jetpacks.
Jump pack, maybe, for short flights, but nothing long range. Should be fairly risky too. Jetpacks are kinda outside the range of the setting I had in mind, but maybe something steamboy-ish.

A sabotage weapon would be nice.
Not really sure what you mean. Something more specific?

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: July 18, 2013, 06:24:45 pm »

Something I could use when boarding to deal damage to the enemy ship.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: July 18, 2013, 06:25:51 pm »

Edit:  More importantly, WHO IS FIRING THE CANNONS?[/b]
I could fire the cannons, but I'm busy at the helm.

Anyways, I think that "drop-pods" (things you stick people into) as cannon ammo would be neat. Oh, and as a suggestion for 3D: Could you have each ship's position just be represented as triple coordinates, and each ship's direction as a similar velocity?
Human cannon ammo is possible but..well it would have a high tendency to kill it's riders.
Not with proper cushioning! Or some other stuff.

Trying to keep this semi-steampunk/alternate WWI style, mostly because just spending all your money on 50 drones is probably effective but very boring. I want mid air machine gun battles, cannons firing, men fighting on the decks of enemy vessels. You know, that sort of thing.
Neat.

If you have ideas, feel free to pm me. I may or may not use them, at least in their entirely or original form, but I'm always open for suggestions.
Let me know what you need ideas for.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: July 18, 2013, 06:30:18 pm »

If this is WW1, can we get some bolt action rifles? In addition, does that mean we could have some biplanes to dogfight in?

Thearpox

• Bay Watcher
  • Failure isn't allowed until it's mandatory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: July 18, 2013, 06:30:57 pm »

If this is WW1, can we get some bolt action rifles? In addition, does that mean we could have some biplanes to dogfight in?
((Facepalm))
Why are 100% of my posts in ER? I already have another account. Created this one specifically for playing.

Not online every Friday evening till Saturday night. If I am listed as online, I am still not online, as my computer has an annoying habit of waking up to the tiniest distraction and then going off to sleep again.

List of links to charts and graphs here. Work in progress. Check it out?

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: July 18, 2013, 06:38:54 pm »

((Facepalm))
:P

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: July 18, 2013, 08:18:17 pm »

I was actually considering making an airship based combat game myself, but I think Piecewise is by far better at this sort of thing.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

draco1234

• Bay Watcher
  • What's the worst that can happen?
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: July 18, 2013, 08:31:49 pm »

Two quick questions.  Are the decks metal plated as well? Or can we throw molotovs onto the top and set it on fire?  Also, does throwing molotovs use strength or dexterity?  Or both?

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #144 on: July 18, 2013, 08:46:02 pm »

Two quick questions.  Are the decks metal plated as well? Or can we throw molotovs onto the top and set it on fire?  Also, does throwing molotovs use strength or dexterity?  Or both?
Decks are wood. These things are tinderboxes really. And throw depends on stuff. Probably str for just lobbing at a large thing; dex thrown in there for precision  aiming.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: July 18, 2013, 08:47:22 pm »

If the deck is wood, could I shoot through it into the lower regions of the ship?

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #146 on: July 18, 2013, 09:04:20 pm »

If the deck is wood, could I shoot through it into the lower regions of the ship?
Next round, when you can fly over, sure. Right now...no. Working on underhanging guns specifically for such things.

Fr0stByt3

• Bay Watcher
  • Co-Creator of Woven Worlds Productions!
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: July 18, 2013, 10:06:13 pm »

PTW
Oh HELL YES! This is gonna be awesome!
Funding rebels because seriously, fuck those guys.
((They're basically the new Mongols.  I gotta say, I have a newfound respect for the Jamaican police force after playing this game.))

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: July 18, 2013, 10:11:01 pm »

"Oi!  Line me up a shot!"

Toastarrr:  Get to the red-facing cannons and prepare to fire when able!  Aim for their guns.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2013, 08:01:41 am by Toaster »
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: July 19, 2013, 02:27:48 am »

...I honestly did not expect to be able to do all three actions in one turn. I think we should limit acceleration/deceleration to a single level per turn (so it is possible to go 0-1-2-3, but no 0-3).

Also, how can reds hit us with machineguns? We're not even close to three tiles needed for them to hit us.

Also x2, what's the cannon range? I can't find it anywhere.

Also x3, what are the numbers next to the rolls? And how does piloting skill influence, well, piloting?

Also x4, please add ship customization to the finished version. ^_^

Vowel: facepalm. Turn right. Put engines down to 2. Sing inspiring songs, forgetting I have 0 in singing.

And Toaster, don't you mean rightside cannons?
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 55