Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 32

Author Topic: (ISG) Halfling Paladin: Dead, but Sequel Starting...  (Read 32361 times)

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile

Watch my attempt to influence the GM to loosen his arbitrary restrictions with colored cutebold art!
Spoiler: What do you think? (click to show/hide)
On a more serious note, didn't Irony get Chemistry after his first art submission?

IO got chemistry because the picture he made was used for a PC, and the suggestion he wanted to give me extra consideration to was along the lines of 'Gimee chemistry...'

Anyway, your art for restriction loosening has been accepted. Tell em what they won Gladys!

"You know... my corruption spell could turn one of them into a creature small and unstructured enough to slip out of the collar. The one I blast would be small and almost useless until the magic wears off after the fight, but it would allow us to save a pair of them instead of just one... and I do very much prefer two men to one."
« Last Edit: July 15, 2013, 11:08:23 pm by Weirdsound »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile

Alright, I think I've got the gist of this now. Kinda makes me wish I had saved a couple of those images, but whatever.

Anyways, I'd like to suggest that we choose the guy with the potions and blast the nerd-mage with Gladys's escape thingy.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile

Hmm. Charisma with Gladys or abomination ...

Why don't we ally with the potion guy and zap the abomination.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile

You still can/should fix the mage. Cutebold mages are air and water by default, not fire. I ain't letting you get all three though.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hmm. Charisma with Gladys or abomination ...

Why don't we ally with the potion guy and zap the abomination.
Because the abomination is an abomination and the mage is a mage?

The former is another meatshield who we're not even sure if it's sentient.
The latter provides a skillset mostly lacking from our party at present.

You still can/should fix the mage. Cutebold mages are air and water by default, not fire. I ain't letting you get all three though.
Alright.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I have no idea what you just said, GWG.
Sig! Onol

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Which part don't you understand?

Quigleyurk and to a lesser extent the kobolds can function quite well as meatshields. We have no good mages.
Sig

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile

You know what? I'm voting to recruit the potion guy. We need a madman scientist on our team.
No. Kobold. Slaves. Xantalos.
My my, a Knight Templar, are we?
I know you know the trope.
I'm certainly not a Knight Templar, and I am deeply opposed to Kobold slaves. Edit: That is, to Kobolds being slaves.

Anyway, I vote for recruiting potions and Chaos-ing mage.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2013, 11:49:46 pm by Harbingerjm »
15:35   HugoLuman reads Harb his secret spaghetti recipe

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile

I move to recruit potions and zap mage. pots probably has more valuable gear, and we don't want to leave good loot behind if we have to run. the mage will be... usefull... no matter the state of his wardrobe... or lack thereof.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile

Zap potions, grab mage, we need reliable range on the kobolds.
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Quigleyurk and to a lesser extent the kobolds can function quite well as meatshields. We have no good mages.
In one level we will.
Sig! Onol

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile

Zap potions, grab mage, we need reliable range on the kobolds.
If zapping removes the gear, the book will be a lot easier to grab and run with than the armour+potions.
15:35   HugoLuman reads Harb his secret spaghetti recipe

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

In one level we will.
Assuming that kobold mages are good, and assuming Figgy turns into one instead of a radioactive cutebold.
And you didn't respond to my points by which the abomination would be less useful.
Sig

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) Halfling Paladin: Now with 100% More Cutebold Partymembers!
« Reply #298 on: July 16, 2013, 10:25:22 am »

Prelude: Storming the Castle

Turn 12

You know what? I'm voting to recruit the potion guy. We need a madman scientist on our team.
No. Kobold. Slaves. Xantalos.
My my, a Knight Templar, are we?
I know you know the trope.
I'm certainly not a Knight Templar, and I am deeply opposed to Kobold slaves. Edit: That is, to Kobolds being slaves.

Anyway, I vote for recruiting potions and Chaos-ing mage.

Okay. Very well. We are saving the human and the elf then... In that case, how about I introduce a Trope for you all to complain about? Ladies and gentlemen, meet my good friend Schrödinger's Gun. I wont link it, because linking to that site is cruel...

...but making the undead freak you chose not to rescue turn out to be a massively powered massive threat is perfectly reasonable. :)

*Ahem* The undead freak tripples in size and begins slobbering and howling in rage!

"Fiddlesticks... Hey you, human. You want to live? Join us."

"A more than reasonable offer... I promise to do everything in my power to not di- erm... aid you along on your quest."

Hiroshima Kenji, Human Alchemist, Has Joined the Party!

"Hey ya big elven hunk, you want to live too? I can get that collar off you if you follow my directions... to the letter." *Licks lips*

"Ermmm... If you are suggesting intimate... erm hijinks... I would strongly suggest waiting until after we escape, which is impossible for both me and the human to do on account of these collars we are wea-"

"Just shut up and fail your save okay? Slip out of the collar and stay out of the way until the fight ends."

*Raises arms into the air*

"Morggy-Borggy, I call upon your awesome chaoticness to polymorph this mortal into a form that is deliciously more flexible, helpless, chaotic, and excitable. I bid thee do this so that the world will know of your power... and my charms. HAIL CHAOS!

Gladys moves forward a bit, and casts her spell of corruption upon the elf, who does as instructed and neither cancels it with a debuff of his own nor attempts a saving throw. The pointy-eared caster transforms into a small chaotic blob that manages to slip free of the collar and dashes away from the undead monster in search of a place to hide...

The elf will properly join the party after the encounter!

Kenji backs away from the monster and falls into formation with the rest of the party, and the fight begins in earnest.

---

Party Stats:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Battle Map:

Enemy Stats:

Dungeon Map:

« Last Edit: July 16, 2013, 11:30:09 am by Weirdsound »

BunnyBob77

• Bay Watcher
  • The Lurkmaster
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) Halfling Paladin: Schrödinger's Gun is Best Trope
« Reply #299 on: July 16, 2013, 11:10:49 am »

X and Kenji should fire their crossbows at the undead monster, and them along with everyone else should back away from the monster.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 32