Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 32

Author Topic: (ISG) Halfling Paladin: Dead, but Sequel Starting...  (Read 32358 times)

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) Halfling Paladin: Continue the Prelude? Y/N
« Reply #270 on: July 15, 2013, 08:03:18 pm »

No, spare the cutebold! We're starting to get our own army here. X and Gladys want to command their own army, don't they?

Besides, he'll be a race traitor too if he joins us, Fig-Gnasher. Then he won't be in any position to judge.

+1, we should avoid killing kobolds where we can. On that note, heal the new kobold, then head for the exit.
15:35   HugoLuman reads Harb his secret spaghetti recipe

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) Halfling Paladin: Now with 100% More Cutebold Partymembers!
« Reply #271 on: July 15, 2013, 10:20:19 pm »

Prelude: Storming the Castle

Turn 11

No, spare the cutebold! We're starting to get our own army here. X and Gladys want to command their own army, don't they?

Besides, he'll be a race traitor too if he joins us, Fig-Gnasher. Then he won't be in any position to judge.

"Hmm... raising an army... I never though about it like that. You are pretty smart IronyOwl." +1 Chemistry Between X and IronyOwl

"Ish nawt petty smrat. Ish geeenus. You can haz join uz and be raec trader liek Fig-Gnasher. Utwil we totaly ki... erm findz t3h glorries for mastah. Welcom to teh teem Barren-Bits." +1 Chemistry between Fig-Gnasher and IronyOwl

"Yae. No bieng ded for me."

"A Thief needs an army like pianist needs a potato masher, but I see no harm in taking the extra Cutebold along for cannon-fodder... or entertainment. Follow us around at 1 HP then little one, until we clear the dungeon or you find that glory everybody seems to keep talking about."

"Eeeeeps."

Spare the cutebold to give Gladys a toy, Gladys should get more toys

Go northeast so we can exit if things go sour, but right now we would benefit from more exploration and looting.

"I'm glad to see at least one player understands my motivations. I'm sure we will get along just fine" +2 Chemistry Between Gladys and Lenglon!

Alright. Disturbing thoughts aside, lets move right along. I will quickly note X has gained the Ride Down ability on her sheet, and we can head into the next room...

Which is this dungeon's recruitment opportunity room!

You find yourselves standing in a large arena full of Cutebolds in the stands. Before you stand three warriors, about to fight to the death for the amusement of their captors. They each wear a Kobold Slave Collar, which will kill them all if one leaves the arena before the other two die. You'd best pick one to help and let him know you are on his side before the fight starts!

The three warriors are as follows:
1: An Elf who wears a collared shirt, slacks, a pocket protector, and geeky looking glasses. He wields an old looking grimoire that he has covered with stickers referencing popular comicbooks and sciencefiction shows.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
2: A human who wears the armor of the ruling Human Shogunate. His battle stance is a bit awkward, but he hold a sinister looking bubbling black potion in his offhand, and has several more of the nasty concoctions strapped to his belt.
3: Some sort of undead freak crafted from bits and pieces of many corpses... you think you spot the gleam of intelligence in its eyes, but you can't be sure.

5 Nuclear Cutebold Guards standby. They seem willing to let whatever you have planned play out for the entertainment of the crowd, but they will likely try to intervene after the inevitable fight. You should be able to pick your new ally, finish off his foes, and flee before the hero-deoptimizers get into range, but you will likely have to finish off the Nukebolds if you want to do any looting after the fact...

Albus finds no bonus foe, and since the Nuclear Cutebolds have yet to present themselves as active foes, no Loyal Kobold checks will be made at this time.

---

Party Stats:

Battle Map:

Enemy Stats:

Dungeon Map:

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) Halfling Paladin: Continue the Prelude? Y/N
« Reply #272 on: July 15, 2013, 10:23:09 pm »

Hm...What do you think that all of the party, plus all the gladiators, could take those guards down before they ruined us too much? Once they're gone, we can just remove the collars.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

BunnyBob77

• Bay Watcher
  • The Lurkmaster
    • View Profile

Favor the samurai person!  I'm thinking it is probably smarter to just help one and leave the guards alone.  Remember, if one of those nuclear kobolds hits one of the party, they get a permanent debuff, and there are 5 of them.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile

Hm...What do you think that all of the party, plus all the gladiators, could take those guards down before they ruined us too much? Once they're gone, we can just remove the collars.

"Unwikewy to wrook. Collarz of funtimez haz stickycurses on dem. No takey-offey."
« Last Edit: July 15, 2013, 10:28:15 pm by Weirdsound »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I do believe that's a challenge.

Think we could break them? There's one or two fighters in that group.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile

I do believe that's a challenge.

Think we could break them? There's one or two fighters in that group.

"Collarz of funtimez made so dat fightorz can waer dem and not taek dem off. How boot we allz just run awayz? Nawt let Barren-Bits get ded."

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Aw, come on, why are you so opposed to so many people on our side?

More friends, Barren-Bits, don't you want more friends?
Sig

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile

Aw, come on, why are you so opposed to so many people on our side?

More friends, Barren-Bits, don't you want more friends?

"I iz oppozed to doin stuffs that maeks Barren-Bits ded."

"She is cooword, but she knos what she ish talkin aboot. I thinks. Hur duddy werks with slavs in dis arenaz for a livin. She shud kno dis stuffs. But foor da recordz, I do liek any plan that maeks mastah charg da Nukeboldz. Even if pointloss plan."

"Can we listen to the Kobold whose survival instinct isn't immediately overridden by the urge to see me dead?"

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Watch my attempt to influence the GM to loosen his arbitrary restrictions with colored cutebold art!
Spoiler: What do you think? (click to show/hide)
On a more serious note, didn't Irony get Chemistry after his first art submission?
Sig

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile

You know what? I'm voting to recruit the potion guy. We need a madman scientist on our team.
No. Kobold. Slaves. Xantalos.
My my, a Knight Templar, are we?
I know you know the trope.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

...What is it with you and slavery?

...And what do you think the chance of recruiting the cutebold guards is?
Sig

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

So, looking like there's no way around this. We'll need to pick an ally and then murder the other two.

Unfortunately, I once again like all three options.

The nerdmage might be handy for more spell power, though I guess we've got two mages in the making already.

The potionmonger might be a debuffer, which would be interesting.

The undead abomination is always a solid choice, even if we're not sure what it does.

I think I'm leaning more towards the abomination, personally. Would round out our paladin/fairy/turncoats party nicely.

...And what do you think the chance of recruiting the cutebold guards is?
Probably very low or nothing unless they're savagely wounded.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile

...What is it with you and slavery?
Money.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Alright. Plan B: We recruit all 3 and work out which one of the survivors comes with after the guards are dead.
Sig
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 32