Poll

Am I qualified to run this game?

No.
- 5 (17.9%)
Hell no.
- 23 (82.1%)

Total Members Voted: 28

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 14

Author Topic: Sparkgear XIII: Its back  (Read 24982 times)

CaptainArchmage

• Bay Watcher
  • Profile Pic has Changed! Sorry for the Delay.
    • View Profile
Re: Sparkgear XIII: Its back
« Reply #60 on: July 09, 2013, 08:59:32 am »

I think we're in Argembarger's turn now? It is now Tuesday 9th July 2013, forum time. griffinpup, are you taking your 24-hour inebriation extension, or have you finished?
Given current events, I've altered my profile pic and I'm sorry it took so long to fix. If you find the old one on any of my accounts elsewhere on the internet, let me know by message (along with the specific site) and I'll fix. Can't link the revised avatar for some reason.

Argembarger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Not quite yet
« Reply #61 on: July 09, 2013, 09:34:01 am »

wheresthesavewheresthesavewheresthesavewheresthesave

Actually I kinda hope he is going 24-hour inebriation because that'll just get me over to that sweet, sweet Wednesday
Quote from: penguinofhonor
Quote from: miauw62
This guy needs to write a biography about Columbus. I would totally buy it.
I can see it now.

trying to make a different's: the life of Columbus

CaptainArchmage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 09, 2013, 10:12:51 am »

wheresthesavewheresthesavewheresthesavewheresthesave

Actually I kinda hope he is going 24-hour inebriation because that'll just get me over to that sweet, sweet Wednesday

Here's a new plan: Start on my save. Check the forum hourly. If the save is posted and playable, switch over.

Otherwise, pull everyone underground and start working on defences. Also, remember that the militia commander and expedition leader on that save is currently a miner and the militia commander should be switched over, since that doesn't work (the uniforms get messed up).
Given current events, I've altered my profile pic and I'm sorry it took so long to fix. If you find the old one on any of my accounts elsewhere on the internet, let me know by message (along with the specific site) and I'll fix. Can't link the revised avatar for some reason.

Argembarger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Not quite yet
« Reply #63 on: July 09, 2013, 11:30:23 am »

Sure thing.

Gotta run to work now, will work hard on fortress after.
I can see it now.

griffinpup

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 09, 2013, 01:20:04 pm »

http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=7814

It's up!!!  Good Luck.  Your fortress is pretty well defended with traps, and there's a drawbridge you can raise to defend from sieges.  You pretty much just have to deal with a few tantrums.  I didn't ever get time to make a hammerer though, unfortunately. 

CaptainArchmage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 09, 2013, 01:24:10 pm »

It's up!!!  Good Luck.  Your fortress is pretty well defended with traps, and there's a drawbridge you can raise to defend from sieges.  You pretty much just have to deal with a few tantrums.  I didn't ever get time to make a hammerer though, unfortunately.

Wait wait wait wait.... did you actually get drunk during this?   8)

griffinpup

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 09, 2013, 01:51:26 pm »

Unfortunately, I don't drink, so I did the next best thing.  Don't sleep for three days then play Dwarf Fortress while watching Stargate Atlantis and surfing the web.  It turned out great, as you could tell.

CaptainArchmage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 09, 2013, 01:55:26 pm »

Unfortunately, I don't drink, so I did the next best thing.  Don't sleep for three days then play Dwarf Fortress while watching Stargate Atlantis and surfing the web.  It turned out great, as you could tell.

Lack of sleep is a form of induced temporary mental impairment. Let me check the definitions.

Edit: Fixed the front page.

Edit2: Looked at the save. Some reversion happened, right? I don't see any dead dwarves though. The two most important dwarves (Caligula and Ashtar) are attending a party instead of being productive.....

The fortress is well fortified though, unless something happens to punch through the moat into the farm room during a cavein.

Give me a day. Any day.

Signed you up.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2013, 02:23:24 pm by CaptainArchmage »

griffinpup

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 09, 2013, 02:24:16 pm »

Apparently.  Perhaps I forgot to save in my hallucinogenic state.  That actually worked quite perfectly.  If I remember correctly, this is before the ambushes by about 10 minutes.  But one requirement.  Still fill up the moat with water.  When the save reverted, I lost that progress.

CaptainArchmage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 09, 2013, 03:09:43 pm »

Apparently.  Perhaps I forgot to save in my hallucinogenic state.  That actually worked quite perfectly.  If I remember correctly, this is before the ambushes by about 10 minutes.  But one requirement.  Still fill up the moat with water.  When the save reverted, I lost that progress.

Or you can just wall off the place. I think that is a better idea. It is certainly faster.

Argembarger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Not quite yet
« Reply #70 on: July 09, 2013, 04:55:21 pm »

Switching to griffinpup's save. No harm done.

I have 7 hours to get this done, yes?

Game on.
I can see it now.

CaptainArchmage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 09, 2013, 05:03:54 pm »

Switching to griffinpup's save. No harm done.

I have 7 hours to get this done, yes?

Game on.

From the clock, it seems so. Its OK if you go over by an hour or four though, that was the kind of allowance given in previous Sparkgear games in ages past.

Don't forget to seal off... unless you want to try out some !!XXFUNXX!!

laularukyrumo

• Bay Watcher
  • Needs More Socks
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 09, 2013, 11:44:17 pm »

So. Did extension happen, pushing my turn to Thursday, or not?

Because ironically, Wednesday is slightly worse than other days for me, something I remembered a few days after it was already decided. It was also mitigated by the fact that we were using Tokyo time instead of Forum time, as "Wednesday" would start on Tuesday, 8:00 AM, and last until Wednesday, 8:00 AM. Considering my obligations start around 3:00 PM, that would've been excellent... but as it is, it looks like I might have to deal with the problem of having my DF time cut off.
Quote from: Dwarfotaur
Everytime one of my militia has given birth in the Danger Room, it's lead to instant baby smoothies for everyone.

Gotta Catch 'Em All!

Dat Sig Thread

CaptainArchmage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 10, 2013, 06:33:57 am »

So. Did extension happen, pushing my turn to Thursday, or not?

Because ironically, Wednesday is slightly worse than other days for me, something I remembered a few days after it was already decided. It was also mitigated by the fact that we were using Tokyo time instead of Forum time, as "Wednesday" would start on Tuesday, 8:00 AM, and last until Wednesday, 8:00 AM. Considering my obligations start around 3:00 PM, that would've been excellent... but as it is, it looks like I might have to deal with the problem of having my DF time cut off.

Would Thursday work better for you?

Edit: Matoro, did you just want a dwarf or did you want a turn as well? Sorry I may have gotten con fu sed                      thar          .
« Last Edit: July 10, 2013, 07:19:26 am by CaptainArchmage »

Argembarger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Not quite yet
« Reply #74 on: July 10, 2013, 08:49:30 am »

I passed out before I could upload.

Accomplishments:

• Goblinite
  • Got our military killed
  • Cloned myself
  • Furnished my clone mayor's room
  • Fuck all those levers man

Have fun.
http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=7817
I can see it now.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 14