Poll

Am I qualified to run this game?

No.
- 5 (17.9%)
Hell no.
- 23 (82.1%)

Total Members Voted: 28

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 14

Author Topic: Sparkgear XIII: Its back  (Read 24959 times)

nahkh

• Bay Watcher
  • Gentleman adventurer
    • View Profile
Re: Sparkgear XIII: Its back
« Reply #45 on: July 08, 2013, 11:20:13 am »

There's a mistake on the poll. There should be an option for "HELL YES", and it should have the only vote that matters.

I approve this message.
Daisy, Daisy, give me your answer do.
I'm half crazy all for the love of you.
It won't be a stylish marriage,
I can't afford a carriage
But you will look sweet upon the seat
of a bicycle built for two.

Mouseshy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 08, 2013, 03:51:39 pm »

I'll take the July 15th slot.

CaptainArchmage

• Bay Watcher
  • Profile Pic has Changed! Sorry for the Delay.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 08, 2013, 04:56:58 pm »

We don't have any special challenges outstanding, so I will put one up.

Sparkgear XIII: The Silent Youtube Video

Objective: Make a silent video of important and unimportant events in the fortress during your turn. You can but do not need to make it black and white, sepia, and include special effects relevant to the era. You should include intertitles and inappropriate music. Tantrum spiral? Overture to the Barber of Seville. Dragon attack? Moonlight Sonata. The music should be out of copyright, and if possible the recording should be showing signs of age. Feel free to compose your own music. You are encouraged to claim your 24 bonus hours of drunkenness or inebriation, but if you do so please leave a note during the recording when this starts.

If you are going to attempt this challenge, please let us know. You do not have to post the video right when your turn finishes. Putting together and editing a video requires some time and maybe some sobriety.

Required: Ability to record dwarf fortress onto a video. Ability to make, edit, and post a youtube video.
Given current events, I've altered my profile pic and I'm sorry it took so long to fix. If you find the old one on any of my accounts elsewhere on the internet, let me know by message (along with the specific site) and I'll fix. Can't link the revised avatar for some reason.

Sabretache

• Bay Watcher
  • "Knowledge is power, guard it well."
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 08, 2013, 05:10:48 pm »

Well things can only go up from here since Sparkgear successfully created the Space Time Continuum. Eagerly awaiting future heres-...*ahem*... I mean journal entries...
Things are very seldom what they seem. In my experience, they’re usually a damn sight worse.

CaptainArchmage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 08, 2013, 06:07:38 pm »

Well things can only go up from here since Sparkgear successfully created the Space Time Continuum. Eagerly awaiting future heres-...*ahem*... I mean journal entries...

I can disclose I am already looking for good embark sites for Sparkgear XIV. We're going to need them when the fortress falls.... unless the next release of Dwarf Fortress comes out and version compatibility is broken.
Given current events, I've altered my profile pic and I'm sorry it took so long to fix. If you find the old one on any of my accounts elsewhere on the internet, let me know by message (along with the specific site) and I'll fix. Can't link the revised avatar for some reason.

griffinpup

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 08, 2013, 07:00:40 pm »

Well...  I'm not usually one to report events in a game, but this is an exceptional circumstance.  I made a squad containing eight archers, and a squad containing 2 melee class dwarves.  Everything was going well, and then a goblin ambush struck.  Thinking that six goblins were no match for my glorious army, I commanded them to charge.  About after the fourth person in my military fell without killing a single goblin, I realized that I forgot to assign them weapons, armor...  Anything really.  Aghast that I just sent ten dwarves to their deaths, I sat back and watched.  They killed four of the goblins when *gasp* another ambushing party!!!  After that the dwarves were just slaughtered.  Currently I have the rest of the dwarven population hiding behind the wall and moat I made for them.

CaptainArchmage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 08, 2013, 07:08:07 pm »

Well...  I'm not usually one to report events in a game, but this is an exceptional circumstance.  I made a squad containing eight archers, and a squad containing 2 melee class dwarves.  Everything was going well, and then a goblin ambush struck.  Thinking that six goblins were no match for my glorious army, I commanded them to charge.  About after the fourth person in my military fell without killing a single goblin, I realized that I forgot to assign them weapons, armor...  Anything really.  Aghast that I just sent ten dwarves to their deaths, I sat back and watched.  They killed four of the goblins when *gasp* another ambushing party!!!  After that the dwarves were just slaughtered.  Currently I have the rest of the dwarven population hiding behind the wall and moat I made for them.

As I was saying....... how many dwarves dead? What about named dwarves?

griffinpup

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 08, 2013, 07:15:28 pm »

Ten dead from the army, and Female Caligula SquashorbExiled Ex-Usurper King decided to run away from the burrow into the thick of the goblins, (all on her own, of course.  I had NOTHING to do with it  ;) )so the Ex-Usurper King is officially dead.

Edit:
Also, I forgot to mention that a huge wave of migrants showed up right when the goblins did as well as a human caravan.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2013, 07:18:11 pm by griffinpup »

Sabretache

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 08, 2013, 07:21:29 pm »

Titus Drake cannot die! He was likely researching spiders or something when this all happened.
Things are very seldom what they seem. In my experience, they’re usually a damn sight worse.

griffinpup

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 08, 2013, 07:28:07 pm »

Titus Drake cannot die! He was likely researching spiders or something when this all happened.
More like hiding in the storage rooms, actually...

griffinpup

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 08, 2013, 09:09:29 pm »

There's a pretty nasty tantrum spiral coming out of this, too...
I might make a hammerer to deal out justice.

CaptainArchmage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 08, 2013, 09:26:59 pm »

There's a pretty nasty tantrum spiral coming out of this, too...
I might make a hammerer to deal out justice.

If the fort goes into an unrecoverable state this early (i.e. fails), we should:

1) revert to the previous save.
2) reclaim.
3) start a new fort.

I think its too early for 2) or 3).

Also does the dwarven justice system even work now with tantrum spirals?

griffinpup

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 08, 2013, 09:27:54 pm »

I definitely wouldn't call it unrecoverable yet...

Sabretache

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 08, 2013, 11:07:47 pm »

Make Titus Drake the hammerer, for a bit he will be part of the Ordo Hereticus (Killing the threat within). Also he isn't hiding in the storage room...he decided that due to the circumstances he should take summary of the supplies...

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 09, 2013, 12:23:30 am »

Give me a day. Any day.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 14