Poll

Am I qualified to run this game?

No.
- 5 (17.9%)
Hell no.
- 23 (82.1%)

Total Members Voted: 28

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 14

Author Topic: Sparkgear XIII: Its back  (Read 24936 times)

laularukyrumo

• Bay Watcher
  • Needs More Socks
    • View Profile
Re: Sparkgear XIII: Its back
« Reply #30 on: July 07, 2013, 02:15:09 pm »

Don't sieges refuse to show up until you have 80 guys AND the required wealth, not one or the other?

I might be talking out my ass though, so yeah, you'd better lock the fort down just in case.
Quote from: Dwarfotaur
Everytime one of my militia has given birth in the Danger Room, it's lead to instant baby smoothies for everyone.

Gotta Catch 'Em All!

Dat Sig Thread

Matoro

• Bay Watcher
  • if you drive alone you drive with hitler
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 07, 2013, 02:30:40 pm »

Yeah, the sieges require both enough wealth and enough dwarves, IIRC.

Could the next overseer dorf me? I'd like to be a military dwarf (or hunter) from the next (or so on) migration wave.

CaptainArchmage

• Bay Watcher
  • Profile Pic has Changed! Sorry for the Delay.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 07, 2013, 02:32:43 pm »

We can get goblin ambushes. The sieges aren't that much of a problem because its easy to bring dwarves underground and seal off the fortress down there, but ambushes are a different matter because they are invisible.
Given current events, I've altered my profile pic and I'm sorry it took so long to fix. If you find the old one on any of my accounts elsewhere on the internet, let me know by message (along with the specific site) and I'll fix. Can't link the revised avatar for some reason.

griffinpup

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 07, 2013, 02:34:10 pm »

So... get some fortifications up.  Anything else?

CaptainArchmage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 07, 2013, 02:37:12 pm »

So... get some fortifications up.  Anything else?

Need workshop rooms for the farming workshops, clothes making workshops, and leather workshops. Preferably leave enough room for minecarts and axels to go through. Many items got shoved in hallway stockpiles since there was not enough space.

Also, traps.

I usually recommend building walls, as they have a floor on top and fortifications do not. You can engrave fortifications into walls anyway.
Given current events, I've altered my profile pic and I'm sorry it took so long to fix. If you find the old one on any of my accounts elsewhere on the internet, let me know by message (along with the specific site) and I'll fix. Can't link the revised avatar for some reason.

griffinpup

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 07, 2013, 02:41:33 pm »

Well ya.  I meant Fortifications as in defenses, not fortifications.

CaptainArchmage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 07, 2013, 03:48:54 pm »

Yeah, the sieges require both enough wealth and enough dwarves, IIRC.

Could the next overseer dorf me? I'd like to be a military dwarf (or hunter) from the next (or so on) migration wave.

We have a Sheriff who was dwarfed from a hunter or similar dwarf.

Edit: Signed myself up for next Saturday, July 13th. Of course, if people start taking their 24 hours of inebriation, it may get pushed.

Edit2: I've modified the rules to clarify some things. If the fortress is destroyed or abandoned for a good reason, be sure to upload the save. The new fortress will be in the same world.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2013, 05:17:19 pm by CaptainArchmage »

griffinpup

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 07, 2013, 07:29:16 pm »

Just a clarification.  Do I have the game till Monday night?

CaptainArchmage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 07, 2013, 07:42:04 pm »

Just a clarification.  Do I have the game till Monday night?

You have it until midnight Tokyo Time on Tuesday 9th July A.D. 2013. According to the internet, that is GMT + 9 hours, or 3PM GMT on Monday 8th, which is between 4PM and 8PM in Europe, or between 11AM Monday and 7AM Monday in America depending on where you are.

Well screw it. Do you want me to shove the changeover to forum time, or shove it to GMT? What timezone does the forum count time in?

Welcome to fucking Sparkgear: Where real world timezones matter more than you can possibly imagine.

griffinpup

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 07, 2013, 07:46:27 pm »

I could handle the forum time zone.  All of these time zones do mess with my mind.

CaptainArchmage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 07, 2013, 09:53:23 pm »

I could handle the forum time zone.  All of these time zones do mess with my mind.

Fine. We'll let you use the forum timezone. Its pretty approximate anyways around here.

Sabretache

• Bay Watcher
  • "Knowledge is power, guard it well."
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 07, 2013, 10:06:51 pm »

"When Sparkgear was first founded there was a lot of discussion as to what Time Zone God would be worshipped. For many days and nights no one knew what time it was and the hopes of the people faded. These were the fortress' darkest days (someone said it was just an eclipse but that sounds like witchcraft). But, from the anarchy a hero arose. His name was 'Forum Time' and by using his Space Wizard powers he created unity and system for measuring time. And that dear children of Sparkgear is how time was invented.
Ok, story times over. Go get uncle Titus some spiders now...there are tests to be done..."
Things are very seldom what they seem. In my experience, they’re usually a damn sight worse.

laularukyrumo

• Bay Watcher
  • Needs More Socks
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 08, 2013, 01:26:49 am »

If we're switching our Time Zone God worship to the Forum Time, we should update OP to make note of that, cause it still says "midnight, tokyo time, bitches"
Quote from: Dwarfotaur
Everytime one of my militia has given birth in the Danger Room, it's lead to instant baby smoothies for everyone.

Gotta Catch 'Em All!

Dat Sig Thread

CaptainArchmage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 08, 2013, 08:51:09 am »

If we're switching our Time Zone God worship to the Forum Time, we should update OP to make note of that, cause it still says "midnight, tokyo time, bitches"

I checked.

I'm making turn changeover at midnight, Tokyo time.

changeover at midnight, Tokyo time.

midnight, Tokyo time.

What art these "bitches" thou speakest of?

Hope the above doesn't get me banned.

"When Sparkgear was first founded there was a lot of discussion as to what Time Zone God would be worshipped. For many days and nights no one knew what time it was and the hopes of the people faded. These were the fortress' darkest days (someone said it was just an eclipse but that sounds like witchcraft). But, from the anarchy a hero arose. His name was 'Forum Time' and by using his Space Wizard powers he created unity and system for measuring time. And that dear children of Sparkgear is how time was invented.
Ok, story times over. Go get uncle Titus some spiders now...there are tests to be done..."

Someone's going on the front page.

Ieb

• Bay Watcher
  • A Breakdancing Ogre
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 08, 2013, 11:01:56 am »

Aw hell yes. Dibs on Sunday 14th! Don't know if I'll play the entire day due to Monday being a workday, but I can play a whole lot regardless.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 14