Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 33

Author Topic: ROLL TO CONVERT (Sign-ups Are Closed)  (Read 55260 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: ROLL TO CONVERT
« Reply #345 on: August 02, 2013, 01:17:45 pm »

GWG this can't go on forever, sooner or later one of us is going to have at least 4/5th of the town and kick the other one out(likely me doing so to you at this rate, not being cocky, just statistics) which is why I propose a deal, we ignore each other from now on, and only once the town is completely following out gods, the person who has less people leaves town with all there followers, while the other one helps him out with some food and such, if the numbers are roughly equal instead of one sided we can have a good-ole brawl for control of the town, what do you say?
1. That would require going back on what I've said, accepting your religiously-sanctioned prostitution, etc.
2. What's the fun in that?
Touché.
Well then, TO THE DEATH!
No, TO THE PAIN!

Sorry, couldn't resist. Especially since it's an apt reference.
Hm, this gives me...ideas...
Can I bind enemy gods to something or other if I have enough power and luck?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: August 03, 2013, 10:57:13 pm »

GWG this can't go on forever, sooner or later one of us is going to have at least 4/5th of the town and kick the other one out(likely me doing so to you at this rate, not being cocky, just statistics) which is why I propose a deal, we ignore each other from now on, and only once the town is completely following out gods, the person who has less people leaves town with all there followers, while the other one helps him out with some food and such, if the numbers are roughly equal instead of one sided we can have a good-ole brawl for control of the town, what do you say?
1. That would require going back on what I've said, accepting your religiously-sanctioned prostitution, etc.
2. What's the fun in that?
Touché.
Well then, TO THE DEATH!
No, TO THE PAIN!

Sorry, couldn't resist. Especially since it's an apt reference.
Hm, this gives me...ideas...
Can I bind enemy gods to something or other if I have enough power and luck?
Last I check, this was a minimalist RTD, so yes.

In other news, this turned 1 month old yesterday.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: August 04, 2013, 12:42:43 am »

really? congratulations! It doesn't seem like it's been that long.

Kaferian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: August 04, 2013, 12:08:09 pm »

All: Repeat last action and remove the anti-ghost measures.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: August 04, 2013, 11:48:38 pm »

Okay, after this turn, I'm banning assist/impeding other gods as it forces me to rewrite the turn 5 times. If you want to hurt another god, strike his prophet with lightning or something.

Imbue 24 of my followers with super-strength, and give them the task of carrying my dice around.
(1) You drop your dice on 24 followers. They're now dead.

Spoiler: Me (click to show/hide)

Boobs: Have the boobies alight on the female follower, I have other work for the Artist/Prophet.
Continue resurrecting the First Prophetess. (to be honest,  I thought a 3 or 2 on that roll would get me a zombie.)
Attract the attention and devotion of a nursing mother (What could possibly go wrong?)
Prophet: Begin work on holy book.
Sane, Sapient, Obsessed woman (Score!) - give  modest speech on the benefits of Boobs. Do this in the marketplace during the busy time.

(5) The birds fly to the follower obsessed with you.
(3) The dead corpse stands up and starts moaning "brains" (that is what it should have been)
(1) A nursing mother gets driven insane by contact with you.
(6) Your prophet decides to write the holy book. (2) He needs paper.
(5) Your prophet heads off to preach in the marketplace. (4+2) She converts 40 people and draws the attention of the village governor. (4) He decides your religion seems permissible, as long as it follows the Realm of Trevnoc's laws.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Then send my worshipers to the southern tribe.
(6+2) Following your divine instructions, your followers head south in a straight line rather than the trader's route that is safer but longer, heading through heavily infested bandit country instead. (5+2) However, there's no sign of them. (3+2) The followers make quick progress, and are now 2.5 days from the village. (6+2) A giant rock monster the size of a village appears next to their camp.

Spoiler: Odessy (click to show/hide)

Why do you hate me Persus?

Wail down an awesome guitar solo from the havens to convert the people.
I don't, the dice do, and GWG didn't help.

(2-1) The townspeople can't hear your guitar solo.

Spoiler: Doh Ray Me (click to show/hide)

Put the fire in the temple out if it isn't already and have my followers start to rebuild from the conflict while considering nearby villages to take over convert.
(5) The temple fire is put out.
(3) Your followers begin looting the homes of the dead.
You discover that your village is located in a highly mountainous region with few people. It's also a week away from the closest border. The closest town is 2 days away to the north. There's another one 6 days away to the west. Both are large than your village. There's also a small village 4 days to the south.

Spoiler: Khor (click to show/hide)

Go to the town guard and explain all the things I do to benefit the town.
While I'm at it, locate criminals in town and bring them to the town guard. God-Man, away!
Continue curing diseases and impeding Zarut, of course.
If possible, aid Doh, Ki'Ol, and Odessy
Heading over to the town guard, you (5) explain what your doing to help the town, (4) showing them 5 thieves you caught and succeed in converting the town watch to you.
(4) YOu continue to cure diseases.
(4) you impede Zarut
(1,5,6) You hurt Doh, but help Ki'Ol and Odessy.

Spoiler: On'li (click to show/hide)

Lupus: increase wolves' intelligence.
Dog-Prophet: convert raccoons.
Bear: convert other bears.
Converted Wolves: subjugate other wolves from a wide area.
Insane Teenage Apprentice: refuse to accept such treatment, quit and take to the wilderness as a survivalist.

(4) The wolves increase in intelligence
(3) The raccoons are interested, but are too scared of the wolves to join.
(2) your bear decides to catch some salmon instead.
(5) The converted wolves head off to convert more wolves. (1, And I was wondering when the critical failure would show up) 5 wolves are killed by a wolf clan that worships the god ARwhoooooooo!
(5) The apprentice complies, taking with him your new holy book.

Spoiler: Lupus (click to show/hide)

Townsfolk: Add some religious flair to there respective work in an attempt to convert.
Town watch: Hunt down the thug that stole the money, incarcerate him, and give the merchant his money.
Town watch wives: Travel throughout the town and use there charm to convert people, if stuff hits the fan call in there husbands to protect them, without the servants following them.
Zarut: Fuck over On'Li again.

(3-1) They fail to do so.
The town watch fail to follow your orders.
(3-1) The town watch wives stay home.
(2) Nope

Spoiler: Zarut (click to show/hide)

Escape and get new identity
(6+1) The jailers are killed and all the doors in the prison are smashed to tiny pieces as your prophet and every other criminal leaves. (5+2) Your mild mannered prophet becomes the Batprophet. Rich playboy Wruce Brayne by day, converter of souls and beating up criminals by night.

Spoiler: Ki'ol (click to show/hide)

All: Repeat last action and remove the anti-ghost measures.
(5) Removing the ghost measures, (6) ghosts from all across the region flock to the town, along with a group of soldiers who have come to find out why the taxes failed to be delivered on time.

Spoiler: The Rider (click to show/hide)
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: August 05, 2013, 12:06:48 am »

Ah, the stuff of legends ...
((you could make assist / harm requests take effect the following turn. This would prevent having to rewrite the turn, while at the same time leaving abilities intact that have already been given. I'm cool either way. Perhaps limit those actions to 1 per turn, or make it based on the number of followers - if god x has 500 followers, he can interact with y and z who have 250 each, but cant interact with a third. Again,  I am cool either way, just thinking aloud.))

40 people: bring offerings to Boobs to the gay artist prophet.
Gay artist - use said offerings in the development of my holy book.
Prophetess of the Holy Image: convert the village governer, his household and staff.
Boobs: offer divine protection to Prophetess of the Holy Image if things turn dangerous.
And upgrade my undead prophetess to lich.
Also, restore the nursing mother's mind.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: August 05, 2013, 12:10:13 am »

Turn the heathens into guitars and order my disciples onto the next town.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: August 05, 2013, 02:16:49 am »

Aw yeah! I'm totally using the rock monster for a boss later.
Rock monster:  Travel to the village in far north. The one with the raiders or whatever.
Villagers:  Continue travelling.
Odessy:  get a look at who will probably hate my followers in the new town.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2013, 11:19:53 am by kj1225 »

cattouchdis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: August 05, 2013, 05:06:44 am »

Send the followers with no sense of touch to the village to the south with a random follower that is not my priest, who is to stay to decorate the temple, goes along as their "leader". Also use my godly abilities to scout out the village so that I know what I will have to deal with.
Game I'm running: Get your Mad Scientist laboratory back, Currantly at Turn 5

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: August 05, 2013, 05:38:39 am »

Lupus: endow wolves with immortality, possibly making them undead in the process.
Converted Wolves: learn guerilla tactics.
Bear: Convert salmon that are caught! Let them go afterwards.
Dog-Prophet: go convert some weasels!
Survivalist Apprentice: start building a totem for Lupus, a massive sort of totem.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2013, 02:30:56 pm by Harry Baldman »

Imperial Guardsman

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANATICISM INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: August 05, 2013, 09:32:27 am »

Continue converting

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: August 05, 2013, 09:36:55 am »

Bind GWG On'li to its face, throwing physics at a rolling doughnut.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: August 05, 2013, 10:48:41 am »

Aw yeah! I'm totally using the rock monster for a boss later.
Rock monster:  Destroy the village and then make it your new home.
Villagers:  Continue travelling.
Odessy:  get a look at who will probably hate my followers in the new town.

The rock monster is right next to where your followers are sleeping.
Sigtext

Kaferian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: August 05, 2013, 10:54:28 am »

The Rider: Take the soldiers' souls and bind them to the town making them act as wards against any other god.
Prophet: Convert all ze ghosts.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2013, 08:28:31 pm by Kaferian »

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: August 05, 2013, 11:20:05 am »

Changed.
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 33