Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 14

Author Topic: @)~~}~ (RPG) Magia Exquisitis: Bloodrush ~{~~(@  (Read 16256 times)

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: @)~~}~ (RPG) Magia Exquisitis: Bloodrush ~{~~(@
« Reply #150 on: August 13, 2013, 09:23:56 pm »

David takes the hand, both to help the priest up and shake it after a good round. "Apologies for the punch, perhaps not the most proper move. Armor that I can't cut? Is that what your strange cloak is then?" David resets himself into a fighting stance and nods. "Round two."

As they moved in to spar David spoke. "I must admit, I am surprised that your religion has a component of mercy to it. It stuck me as a fairly harsh religion. Although I guess the mercy of choice is one of the greater ones.

You mentioned that when you great conquest happened that your god would put his priests in places of power. Are you looking forward to that? Do you expect something great for yourself?"

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: August 13, 2013, 09:45:52 pm »

Jerry nods his head. "Indeed. I have a standing offer to weave them for my fellow bloodrushers, by the way."

Dancing to David's left, he gives an enigmatic answer, "Not just after the Conquest. If I finish my current objective... Let's just say I'd do a better job of things than Eurystheus did.", all the while thinking: Almost in position... There. Just need a distraction while I go for the grab...

"What about you? What convinces an otherwise reasonable fellow like yourself to join the Bloodrush?"

Bingo. Go, go, go! Lift! Atomic Wedgie!

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: August 14, 2013, 10:20:28 am »

David takes a moment to consider the question, but right before he can finalize his thoughts he notices the priest slipped behind him, perfect for a strike to th.... What! David sinks to his knees in pain and shock. His breath catches in his throat and he loses his line of thought. He coughs a few times before he manages to get a hold on himself. He kneels in the snow for a few seconds before speaking up.

"What the hell man? Did you just. What a move." He struggles to his feet. "I think it's fair to say that's your round. I must admit, I was not expecting that sorta thing from a priest. In the middle of a battle. But damn if it wasn't effective." He pounds himself on the chest to banish any remaining catch and turns to face the priest. He resets his guard. This time he is more cautious and waits for Jerry to make the first move.

"I joined the blood rush for a few reasons. Money. Power. The great weather. All the normal reasons I suppose we are all here for." David gets a far away look in his eyes. Clearly contemplating something important to him. "Perhaps a more important reason was that I was starting to feel like I needed to leave. At the time I was with the first Spirit I ever contracted with. The person who taught me almost all my magic. Who was responsible for teaching me how to become a druid. I suppose a apt analogy would be if you found yourself at the right hand to your god all the time. Certainly a goal I would not be surprised you if you told me you had, but if you found yourself there right now with the current amount of power you have. Would you feel worthy? I did not. I felt I was a drain as opposed to a boon, although she did not say as such to me. Right as I was having these thoughts I got the email. Fucking mystics am I right? But it was a opportunity to become worthy. So I took it."

David snapped back to reality with a wild grin. "Of course. There is also the hunt. Nothing is as thrilling as chasing down and catching your prey. Watching their lives drain out from between your teeth. Who could resist a chance to take on such powerful and thrilling prey as a whole coven of vampires? And the others we will certainly be going after as mercenaries. It makes my blood sing just thinking about all who will be falling before us in the future. So why did you join?"

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: August 14, 2013, 11:25:20 am »

Jerry raises his guard, listening to David's tale. He finds himself nodding along - if he were at the Conqueror's side right now, he would be certain to be sent away as quickly as possible. Leading with a feint toward the left once David's attention returns to the present, Jerry answers, "I was ordered to come here. A representative of my Gods contacted me in a dream and told me to accept the offer. Near as I can tell, my Gods feel that I need to spend a few years as a Bloodrusher to toughen me up before I get any religiously significant tasks. Or, at least Vich feels that way - Fen Fwa already has me looking into this Trumpet business and Aijorluk's not contacted me at all recently."

As the spar winds down, Jerry inquires "So what else are you doing today? I'm mostly doing priestly business - prayers, buying icecream and spying on the competition."

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: August 14, 2013, 11:28:59 am »

"I... I haven't really thought about it. I suppose I'll probably just go back to being a singer, it's the only thing I was ever really good at and it's what I enjoy the most as well. What about you? What do you plan on doing once all of this is over?"

"I suppose I'll be spending quite a bit of time managing my debts, even after we're finished. Assuming I'm not eaten, imprisoned, or forced into marriage, I guess I'd start trading up, building my contacts again. Gotta send the next Miles to the future, right?" He says with a laugh.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: August 14, 2013, 12:01:55 pm »

Vortanna Tempus sits on the floor of her hotel room, frowning, legs crossed with a large book balanced upon them. The book had taught her some on the nature of her... condition, and what she could do... but it didn't give much practical advise vis a vis how to control her powers... so far, her attempts to directly tap into the power that was supposedly hers had been wild, uncontrollable and dangerous. She hoped to correct this soon, but she had no idea how... Of course, there was noone she could ask with information on this situation, as she has a feeling that the only ones with the knowledge she sought were the ones that set her up for this in the first place... but she knew who she could ask in order to make sure.

Vortanna pushes open the door of Sweeny's office, looking around the room. "Sweeny? I have a question for you, one that I'm reasonably sure of the answer of, but if I'm wrong may help me with my... problems. Would you be willing to talk to me about it?"
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: August 14, 2013, 12:11:35 pm »

Sweeny leans back in his chair and looks briefly contemplative. "Anything you need to talk about we can talk about." He says with a very slight hint of a smile.

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: August 14, 2013, 12:19:24 pm »

"What can you tell me about the other ones like me? Who are they, where are they, are they still alive, anything? I know that you said that three of them are... well, I think you implied that at least one of them was that realm of secrets you make deals with and stuff... Anyway, point is, would I be able to ask them about... any of this, or are they not on the table?"
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: August 14, 2013, 12:37:22 pm »

Sweeny strokes his beard and doodles on a piece of paper. "The realm of secrets doesn't know anything specific about your individual case... I've already asked about it. The realm of fact doesn't speak to anybody directly... but it does work through books. A tome called the Proto-Codex exists. It is a self updating reference book on realm defining beings and would include detailed entries on every Eon Seed that exists, existed, or will exist in the multiverse. The third choose to cease existing after it completed its task, so you wont get any answers from it..."

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: August 14, 2013, 12:48:16 pm »

"Where can I get this Codex?"
« Last Edit: August 14, 2013, 12:50:46 pm by ragnarok97071 »

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: August 14, 2013, 12:58:18 pm »

Sweeny closes his eyes for a second. "I wouldn't recommend it. There are two problems with using the Proto-Codex. The first is that it defies the laws of nature in a fashion that is bad for a sane human mind. You are far to human to safely read it. The second issue is that it is a self updating text about you. If you read it, your circumstances and future will change, forcing the text to update and rendering what you just read obsolete. Perhaps when you have enough control over realities laws however you can avoid that... Your powers do seem to relate into locking somebodies fate up..."

The Archmage rises to his feet. "There are at least a few dozen copies of the book on earth though. If you want, I can use my powers to find one for you..."

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
  • Distant Traces of Beauty
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: August 14, 2013, 02:35:07 pm »

Alice raised her eyebrow slightly at the marriage comment but remained silent waiting until Miles stopped talking to speak ”I suppose you do yes” she said with a smile, for a second she paused wondering how to ask her next question ”Miles... When do you usually send your next self into the future?”
* greatorder smothers Kansa with earwax

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: August 14, 2013, 02:40:03 pm »

Miles paused to take a bite of fried steak. His face smooths out in clear appreciation of good food.

"...Well, if I do good business it can take me almost 20 years on average to get enough capital, and contact a time broker from the future who can arrange it. By my notes, I almost always do it before I'm fifty. Of course, if I'm desperate or lucky I can go much sooner.

Why do you ask?"
He says, eyebrow raised.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
  • Distant Traces of Beauty
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: August 14, 2013, 03:18:52 pm »

”Just curiosity mostly, I feel like I should learn more about the process considering we're dating now.” she hesitated for a second ”You do stay here though don't you? Even after you send yourself into the future”
* greatorder smothers Kansa with earwax

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: August 14, 2013, 03:34:11 pm »

Miles nods.

"One part of me goes...the other stays.

At that point, that other Miles is a stranger to me. We're effectively two separate entities...and the same one, but then it gets confusing...I leave, but I don't leave-I'm here, but I'm not. You wouldn't notice much difference in me, if I did it right...but, I'd certainly remember you, what we shared together. That's what makes it hard for me to be here, to...

It's why I always like to think that I've never broken anyones heart, but my own, when I jump. Because it will. But, I've gone too far to stop now."

Miles, of course-this specific incarnation of Miles-has always thought of himself as the traveler, the one who bears the journey forward. Leaving lost love in his wake. A part of it is certainly selfishness, the fear of death, of growing old and feeble. A part of it never wanted to see those he loves die-unwilling to lose more than he can bear. A larger part of it is the unquenchable Crusader in his heart-the eternally questing Knight, the bitter romance of the journey...he doesn't even know what he's looking for anymore, really. All he has it the next step forward to the Tower.

He knows in his heart, he'll never stop.

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 14