Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14

Author Topic: @)~~}~ (RPG) Magia Exquisitis: Bloodrush ~{~~(@  (Read 16251 times)

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
Re: @)~~}~ (RPG) Magia Exquisitis: Bloodrush ~{~~(@
« Reply #180 on: August 16, 2013, 09:22:26 pm »

" could we perhaps tell him that I am able to summon a creature which represents a portion of my psyche, a persona, if you will?"
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: August 17, 2013, 10:07:16 am »

”I didn't ever really have professional training the closest thing I had to that was the teacher than ran the club, I just sort of taught myself. That's it really just a random choice of club that turned into something much more. Anyway my turn again, why did you join the bloodrush?"

A shadow of fear passes by Miles, momentarily paling his skin.

"...Let's just say you can't run from your problems forever. Joining the Bloodrushers is the first step in me facing down what I've been avoiding for far too long." He says.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: August 17, 2013, 10:50:00 am »

" could we perhaps tell him that I am able to summon a creature which represents a portion of my psyche, a persona, if you will?"

The mystic contemplates that for a second. "That may work... but he doesn't do charity and would ask something in return. On that note you are quite pretty and Fitz is known to take what he wants in the woman department... so perhaps its a bad idea..."

Sweeny lights up a cigar and leans back in his chair, and two large humanoid crabs enter the room. One of them whispers something to your mentor, and he springs to his feet. "Shit. Gotta go take care of some stuff Vortanna. Fitzpatrick's contact info is in the rolodex on my desk. I'll call the train station and tell them to give you a ticket should you want to go see him in New York."

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: August 17, 2013, 11:38:26 pm »

"I'll consider it... and if I do, I'll make sure to bring some sort of insurance. A shame I do not believe summoning one of them would allow me to talk to it... though perhaps..."
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: August 18, 2013, 11:56:19 am »

Later that night...

After his extremely pleasant dinner with Alice, Miles found himself unable to sleep. Mostly because he was thinking about the future. Maybe a future with Alice. And the more he thought about it, the more it bothered him. As it was, he had no future. Not one he could control.

He was poring over ledgers, papers, notes and graphs-seated at the dining room table by himself. Meaningless information, really, but it kept his mind occupied...he had come to the realization that his debt was not going to get any better by itself. Currently, he could only claim a small victory-that is was spread around to seven different owners. No one person could ruin him entirely, except for Soori-and he thought if push came to shove, he could survive even her.

But what if someone had the idea to start gathering up the debts in one big pile?

He knew it wouldn't be nice. A gun to his head was an apt comparison. He knew there were certain magics that could manipulate the market...could manipulate him, even. Miles didn't want to spend the rest of his life as little more than a slave, because of one bad jump. He looked over his choices again, frowning.

Miles thought Irthax and Vita were the most friendly to his cause-they were not likely to break under pressure, nor betray his trust. At least willingly-and, assuming they did not grow tired of waiting for his call.

Circe and Outhys were creatures of business. And there was profit in owning a time broker. He remembered a glance from Alice when he had mentioned being forced into marriage. Miles doubted Circe was the sort to share her trophy-she seemed the sort of woman to collect things she liked as a way of life, and keep them for her enjoyment only. Outhys would likely just as soon auction him off to whatever horror wanted him, and Miles was sure many did. He had earned many enemies.

Caligula was his daughter-in a way-but, she was also the ruler of millions of people-a Queen, cold and brutal if she had to be. He was gravely concerned about his place in the order she had established. Was it personal? Somehow he doubted it. A part of him wondered if it might just be revenge. Miles was the father she never had. Like it or not-his choice, or not-he had abandoned her mother. And he could barely remember anything of their union, or how long it might have been, or the circumstances that lead to it. If she just wanted questions answered, Miles thought he might be feeding the lions...

Terraphdite and Soori were motives unknown. He had no idea what they wanted from him, or what they would ask of him. Which made them the biggest threats, and of course, the ones he was powerless to move against....

The real question was if the Bloodrushers would help him. He was simultaneous hesitant to ask for their help and almost desperate enough to do so. He did not like to manipulate people, not his friends anyway. Miles would prefer they help him of their own free will...but, morality was a fickle thing, and as the chips stacked against him he might have to make some hard decisions.

He continued poring over his papers, thinking furiously. Occasionally, he dipped into the pot of coffee he had brewed, knowing no sleep was forthcoming.

((OOC: @Kansa: Note, our RP isn't over but I'm starting a side thing with cript :P ))

« Last Edit: August 18, 2013, 12:00:59 pm by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
  • Distant Traces of Beauty
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: August 18, 2013, 02:42:03 pm »

Alice's smile vanished as she saw the fear on Mile's face, what on earth could it be that frightened him like that. She wanted to be there for him, it's what couples were supposed to do wasn't it?  Be there for each other.

”You... You can tell me about if you want Miles. Maybe I could help you?”
* greatorder smothers Kansa with earwax

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: August 18, 2013, 02:58:03 pm »

Miles sighs, poking his food without much force.

"I wish I could just tell you it just was about my debt. Alot of it is. But, there's more.

Remember when we first met? How I said my last jump was...messy. To put it lightly.

There was a reason for that. I faced something, before-the last Miles did, anyway. It was too much for him...me. And, I was as strong as I'd ever been before. Now I'm just...broken, helpless. A Kid, pretty much.

This thing...I had to bring it into the future, it was an emergency. I couldn't leave it there, it would have killed...too many people I loved. So I took the jump, and I took it with me. I broke the rules-couldn't exactly leave two of them around, couldn't even leave a copy of myself-and not only do I have to pay for that...it's still alive. It came back when I did, and I've been tracking it for a long time...well, hiding was more like it.

I could only hope to delay it, hope someone had a way to stop it when I got back. And, I'm not sure anyone can, not even now...if so, it'll find me eventually. So I've got to be ready. That's why I joined the Bloodrushers. Anythings better than waiting around for it...finish what it started."

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: August 18, 2013, 06:57:08 pm »

Alice paled slightly as her fears were confirmed, whatever was chasing after Miles was extremely powerful. It would have to be to make the previous incarnation run like that, she would help him if it did find him but even then... What use could she really be? She had tried to protect Leilani as well and that had failed, this thing would have to be even stronger than the hornet queen she would probably end up dying if she ever faced it. Despite these doubts however she forced a smile onto her face, even if she couldn't protect Miles in the end she would still try. It was better than just letting him face whatever it was alone.

”Well, when it does come from you Miles it won't be just you alone. It will find me there as well, I won't leave you alone and when you finally are ready to face it I will be there at your side. Now I believe it is your turn to ask me a question”

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: August 19, 2013, 01:57:49 am »

"I know you will, Alice." He says, wondering if he could let her face that danger willingly. Given the choice, he'd prefer to keep her safe...though, it was an impossible notion. No one was safe, not in their line of work.

"...ah, but to lighter matters. Sort of." His smiles comes back in fits. "Why did you come here tonight, with me-really? What do you admire about Miles West the most?" He asks, happiness blooming suddenly. It's something he's picked up from her. Sudden joy in the smallest things. Not to dwell on what was and what could be.

Alice seems to have that effect on Miles. She is...a brightness he can't describe in words, for he is no poet. But he longed for her to smile once again, to chase away the ghosts of his past and the visions of the future. He wanted to live in this moment-and he hoped her happiness would always echo within him like it does now, and that their harmony would be an eternal one.

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: August 19, 2013, 04:53:34 pm »

That was quite a question and she spent a while thinking about how she should properly answer it. When she finally did open her mouth to speak it was with a smile upon her lips

”Well I think if I had to choose the one thing that I admire you most, I think it would be your strength. I don't mean physically, I mean emotionally really. No matter what happens you never seem to break down and that helps me, especially... Especially with everything that has happened recently. As for why I came out with you tonight you it's because I feel happier when I'm around you Miles. It's kind of the same feeling I get when I sing, the idea that I can forget the world slightly.

I think for my question I will ask you the same thing what do you admire about me the most?”

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: August 20, 2013, 04:24:31 am »

"It'd have to be your grace under pressure...and you've always got a smile, even after all that's happened to you. Your joy is quite infectious to me...and your voice, has this beguiling quality-even when you're not singing. Don't worry-It's not a glammer or an enchantment you're working on me...not the usual kind, this is far more beguiling than any fishtailed siren...and, I am often enthused with the concept, when I can't tell where the real magic starts and the ordinary magic starts...of course, I'd be lying if I said I didn't find you extremely attractive physically...but, I sense you already knew that one." He says with a small laugh, looking her over in the way a man does a woman-a gentle yearning, carefully coiled within, hot as the sun. The quality of his glance, though, sees under her skin as well. Merely physical gifts often fail to entice Miles fully, since he has seen and felt perfection of the flesh in many forms-thus he prefers a bit more substance and depth in his partners-but, with Alice he need not worry on that account.

He continues after a moment, now eating more earnestly. He has in fact, cleared half his plate.

"To say it in more poetic terms-the world has tried it's hardest to break you down, Alice. But, you keep going...and, you've no benefit of decades to numb your pain like I do-but you still don't give up. Your past doesn't keep you in binds-you don't forget, but it doesn't rule you. You're living in the moment, and when I'm with you I'm there too. I can finally be at peace...

You're stronger than I am, you know. And I know you make me a better person, Alice...I've not always been the Hero you think I am. I've done things I regret. But I'm closer to that ideal, when I'm with you."
He said, reaching over the table to put his hand in hers-not covering it, not a grasp. He held out his hand openly, and hoped she would take it.

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: August 20, 2013, 04:51:12 pm »

Alice stared into Miles' eyes feeling a blush creep over her face as he said those wonderful things. As she continued to look into those eyes she realised that there was no one on this earth who she would rather be with. She reached out took Miles' hand looking down and seeing that it fit almost perfectly into his, he really was very handsome. As she spoke again her voice was soft

”Thank you... It means a lot to hear those things from you, truly” her smile grew as she spoke ”You make me stronger too and I cannot thank you enough for that. I feel now we will be able to face whatever comes next, no matter what it may be.”

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: August 20, 2013, 05:38:24 pm »

Miles took her hand in his own, lifting it and kissing her wrist. It was good for a first date, he thought.

"Hey, can we promise we'll both try to stay alive now? This will all sound terribly tragic in retrospect otherwise." He comments, letting off some of the pressure. Alice blushed easily and readily-and Miles was trying not to grin. He himself had rarely smiled until he met her, though he did not know it consciously. Now it seemed he could nothing but.

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: August 20, 2013, 06:44:42 pm »

Alice felt her blush deepen as Miles kissed her wrist, it really was a brilliant night.

A laugh escaped her as she heard Miles' next comment ”It would be wouldn't it, well I will promise to do my best to not die. Is that ok?”

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: August 22, 2013, 04:39:10 am »

"As well can be expected under the circumstances." Mile said, smiling warmly-and now fully engrossed in his meal. "...in any case, all this conversation has made me hungry...so, tell me how you're handling your new...form? Do you feel any changes?" He asks, wondering about it-wondering how he could help her with it. But he was also hungry, and needed to lob a long winded question toward Alice.

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14