Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14

Author Topic: @)~~}~ (RPG) Magia Exquisitis: Bloodrush ~{~~(@  (Read 16251 times)

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
Re: @)~~}~ (RPG) Magia Exquisitis: Bloodrush ~{~~(@
« Reply #165 on: August 14, 2013, 03:47:50 pm »

"In that case, I have another question. Is there anything more than what I've been looking into that might help me figure out how to control some of the more... Unruly parts of my power?"
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
  • Distant Traces of Beauty
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: August 14, 2013, 04:38:07 pm »

Alice let out a sigh of relief as Miles nodded, she wouldn't lose him that way. But as he continued she couldn't help but notice that he seemed sad, how many people had he left behind? Every time he went forward he must have lost somebody. It was the curse of being an immortal after all, seeing the rest of your mortal friends die before you. Silently she cursed herself, she should have realised it would be a sore subject. For a moment she remained in silence wondering how to approach the touchy subject

”I'm sorry” she said finally breaching the silence ”It must be hard for you” she forced a smile onto her face trying to lighten the mood of the table ”No need to worry about that yet though. We're here alive and that's all that matters.” she decided to change the subject ”Say Miles, if I managed to get another pair of duelling gauntlets could you try and teach me again. I know I lost control of my emotions last time but I'm sure if we tried again I would do better”
* greatorder smothers Kansa with earwax

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: August 14, 2013, 05:24:39 pm »

"I'd certainly like to try again...the best place is get them from the source, but I'm honestly a bit concerned about what my temporal potion will do. I could find a smith with some skill, and he could copy the design of my gloves, maybe.

And I'd blame less your emotions and more the equipment. They were trainers really, but the gems we were using were combat grade. I doubt they would have lasted long anyways."
He says.

His voice drops a notch.

"...that being said, I'd be ready for it anytime you are. And we can try something else tonight, if you're interested." Miles says, his eyes sparking with an idea.

"...See, I've gotten down this technique to craft an item that can replicate any spell effect I see, along with a gem. I was wondering if we might try it on yours.

I've got some ideas-like you using siren or lullaby, and then I could use a crafted version of Heartbreaker. A potent combo, no?"
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: August 14, 2013, 08:31:16 pm »

Alice nodded ”That sounds like a good idea to me, it would certainly be useful in battle"

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: August 15, 2013, 09:21:16 am »

"Heh...we shouldn't be talking much business tonight, though. Let's trade stories. You can ask my anything you like about myself or my past, I'll answer truthfully, and then we trade positions. Agreed?" Miles said.

Though, being merely a man, he was going to use the pauses to begin digging into his food.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: August 15, 2013, 11:49:55 am »

"In that case, I have another question. Is there anything more than what I've been looking into that might help me figure out how to control some of the more... Unruly parts of my power?"

"Sir?"
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: August 15, 2013, 12:31:15 pm »

A smile crept onto Alice's face as she heard Miles' proposition, it would be nice to learn more about him.

”Ok sounds fun” it did not take long for her to think of a question, she had been curious about it for a while ”Miles when did you first discover your powers?”

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: August 15, 2013, 12:51:44 pm »

"Sir?"

(oops)

"Eon seeds are so unheard of, no resources designed specifically for them exist to my knowledge, but conditions resulting in unruly aspects of oneself are not. I'd try looking into stuff on subconscious control and the like..."

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: August 15, 2013, 01:09:08 pm »

A smile crept onto Alice's face as she heard Miles' proposition, it would be nice to learn more about him.

”Ok sounds fun” it did not take long for her to think of a question, she had been curious about it for a while ”Miles when did you first discover your powers?”

Miles voice seems to shift subtly. It becomes more...melodious, even younger and less strained than he is now. Though he speaks English, he does so with a heavy French accent-one both dreamy and alluring.

"That, at least, I remember...I was just 17 years in France, all the way back in the 1500s. I was working hard to apprentice for my fathers jewelery business one day, at the end of the spring...thinking about how I would spend the upcoming summer with my friends.

One night, I woke up in a cold sweat...after what I considered an extremely realistic dream. I had dreamed of finding, of all things, a chicken-and carrying it home in my arms. Odd, right?

Well, it came true. Somehow I ended up carrying a chicken home at the behest of a girl I rather liked. Yes, I was that easy-even then."
He says with a smile.

"I had another dream a week later. I would find a thick gold coin during the harvest ball, under a white bench. I found it-it bought me a nice suit, probably the first one I ever had. After that, well...I began to realize I was looking into my dreams, looking into my future. After that I started looking for specific things. I was...confused, and afraid-to be honest. I thought I might have a Devil inside of me, or something.

It was that point, I had a very specific dream. Someone from the future contacted me and explained my role in the world. The man who would be my mentor. He wasn't exactly doing it out of the kindness of his heart, of course-but he helped me get through some tough times. I've done the same to young time brokers myself, by now."

"So, now my question for you. How did you learn to sing, originally?"

((I might come back and fix this post at some point, it's ugly. I'm in a bit of a rush now, but it's the basics))

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: August 15, 2013, 02:31:55 pm »

“Well, it was when I was ten years old. At this point in time I was trying to spend as much time away from the orphanage as possible, I tried as many clubs at my school as there were but none of them really stuck with me.

It's not like I didn't enjoy them and it was certainly better that spending any more time in that place.  But I was never really any good at them and I couldn't shake the feeling that they would be better off without me.

Finally I chose to join the choir. At first I expected it to be like everything else just an excuse to stay longer but when I actually began to sing”
her smile widened ”The world just sort of melted away, nothing else really mattered any more it was just me and the rest of the choir singing together. After that point I just devoted my life to it really, I practised whenever I could even though he would never let me practise at home...” for a second her smile flickered as she spoke the last words, the memory of him still affected her. Quickly she managed to steady it

”I didn't ever really have professional training the closest thing I had to that was the teacher than ran the club, I just sort of taught myself. That's it really just a random choice of club that turned into something much more. Anyway my turn again, why did you join the bloodrush?"

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: August 15, 2013, 10:46:04 pm »

"Sir?"

(oops)

"Eon seeds are so unheard of, no resources designed specifically for them exist to my knowledge, but conditions resulting in unruly aspects of oneself are not. I'd try looking into stuff on subconscious control and the like..."

"right... Any particular writings or authors you could point me to? I don't expect it'll be as simple as breaking a tarot card or shooting myself with a fake gun, but I would think you might know something."

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: August 15, 2013, 11:14:22 pm »

As the spar winds down, Jerry inquires "So what else are you doing today? I'm mostly doing priestly business - prayers, buying icecream and spying on the competition."

"I was thinking. Of. You know. Taking a walk out in the woods. Get antiquated with the local area." David panted out between Clashes of their swords. "It's funny. Before I became a Druid I was a city boy through and through. But spending a lot of time out in the wilds, learning how to be a druid. Talking with and sometimes being a animal... Anyway. I just feel I need some time to myself today." With this David staggered back a bit against the wall. "Should we call round three a tie then? I think getting some drinks would be in order as well. Maybe take a few minute break."

KujiUn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: August 15, 2013, 11:20:34 pm »

Actions locked and rolled~
Still alive, amazingly.

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: August 15, 2013, 11:48:35 pm »

Jerry nodded his head at David and offered his hand. "We'll have to do this again another time. It was fun."

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: August 16, 2013, 01:29:56 pm »

"Sir?"

(oops)

"right... Any particular writings or authors you could point me to? I don't expect it'll be as simple as breaking a tarot card or shooting myself with a fake gun, but I would think you might know something."

Sweeny shrugs. "Nothing in particular. Its a rather large field, and one I've never had reason to look into. I know Trinity Under-college has a good program on possession and subconscious matters, so it might be worth it to focus on the literature published by their establishment...

On that note actually... my friend Fitz might be able to help you... but hrmm... There is no way in hell we can trust him with the information on exactly what you are."
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14