Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 161 162 [163] 164 165 ... 181

Author Topic: StarMade - Minecraft IN SPAAACE! (early access) (its still alive!)  (Read 324990 times)

Crashmaster

• Bay Watcher
  • CARP, Canada's new helth care plan for the elderly
    • View Profile
Re: StarMade - Minecraft IN SPAAACE! (early alpha) (we have a multi server!)
« Reply #2430 on: June 16, 2015, 03:32:23 pm »

I might have my ship done in time to join. Just  bit of work to finish the weapon module. It is an approx 800 mass perma- cloaker. It has a missile pod that chain-fires 30 (30 missile 20 beam 15 ion) missiles at one every second or so plus two nuke (45 missile 45 pulse 45 explosive) missiles an anti-missile screen and a salvage array.
Its trick is that it can fire while cloaked, also it can salvage while cloaked.
Still needs a drop ship for its hanger but can fight pirates without that.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #2431 on: June 16, 2015, 04:03:54 pm »

crashed while building a turret and now I can't log in no more :/

anyone see a log message on server about me trying and has some insightful information with it?

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #2432 on: June 16, 2015, 10:26:06 pm »

I might have my ship done in time to join. Just  bit of work to finish the weapon module. It is an approx 800 mass perma- cloaker. It has a missile pod that chain-fires 30 (30 missile 20 beam 15 ion) missiles at one every second or so plus two nuke (45 missile 45 pulse 45 explosive) missiles an anti-missile screen and a salvage array.
Its trick is that it can fire while cloaked, also it can salvage while cloaked.
Still needs a drop ship for its hanger but can fight pirates without that.

I'd love to see the blueprint for that, and how you prevent it from uncloaking while firing.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2433 on: June 16, 2015, 10:32:02 pm »

Is there any easy way to get an idea what the different elements can create? Just some idea behind them like red creates generators or blue creates shields or something. Sifting through the production tab is a little tedious and I want to be sure I'm using the resources I'm collecting in the best way possible.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2434 on: June 16, 2015, 10:51:00 pm »

Not really, but the rarer elements make the things that you want to have (weapons, shields, etc) that are more specialized. General things power generators and power storages are cheaper (I have a few tens of thousands of each lying around somewhere); the same goes for the cheaper hull types. Generally, I look at the recipe for what I want, check the resource processing blocks for it, and if it's not there or if there isn't enough, I go mine more.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Crashmaster

• Bay Watcher
  • CARP, Canada's new helth care plan for the elderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #2435 on: June 16, 2015, 11:10:05 pm »

I'd love to see the blueprint for that,

Sure thing, I'll make the BP faction available and the ship will be there if I'm not. All weapons are on a docked entity and controlled via inner ship remote>wireless modules>logic clocks. I don't think turrets firing break cloak either but I haven't tested as the AI is too derpy to rely on anyways.

Just don't waste your purple elements; Rammet and Sertise or something like that. They are rare and are used to make shields. Only other thing would be if you are planning to make advanced armor hull. That eats up a lot of certain resources based on color to make the ingots you need.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2436 on: June 17, 2015, 03:54:14 am »

well my turrets seems to do their job just fine, usually the missile turret is more reliable but I saw the two cannon/cannon turrets doing some coring today which is a nice plus

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #2437 on: June 20, 2015, 01:29:32 pm »

Playing the dev build, there is some good news;

Basic cannons have been buffed, such that they receive a latent punch or pierce effect (Im not sure which), of one extra block per 100 damage. Using an explosive effect in conjunction doesn't cut off that pierce effect, but the explosive only detonates on the first block struck. However, the second round might travel through the same hole and damage some extra system blocks.

So effects hopefully won't cut us off from the pierce effect, but I haven't tested weapon slaves. The cannon/cannon combo might not get that bonus, just thinking how I would set it up were I in charge. It can achieve ten rounds per second, so it'd be effective on its own.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2015, 01:31:35 pm by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2438 on: June 20, 2015, 01:33:16 pm »

I need to figure out how to make turrets.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2439 on: June 20, 2015, 01:40:37 pm »

holy shit this game

it used to run alright on this rig and now i get 1fps when looking at anything bigger than a goat fart

t-thanks, schema

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2440 on: June 20, 2015, 03:47:18 pm »

here, try my settings:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/dzd9u0388jvei5e/settings.cfg?dl=0

it will look not totally potato, but I disabled shadow because they were z-fighting all over my screen.

remember to edit G_RESOLUTION = 1280 x 1024 to suit your screen

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #2441 on: June 21, 2015, 02:50:36 pm »

Shadows and higher resolution textures are what murders my FPS the most, so I disabled them. They didn't add much anyway; everything still looked like a bunch of 1m^3 cubes. They're just slightly fancier cubes. :P

The "dev" version was actually released a couple days ago, unbeknownst to me, and the EE server appears to have updated. Time to play around with pirates in an armor boat? Maybe.

On top of cannons getting a natural punch-through effect, beams get natural piercing, damaging blocks behind the one struck. Turret AI apparently can aim beams correctly now? I hope so.

I doubt it will help aiming beams for the client, since the trajectory you're firing on based on where the server told you the target was 3 seconds ago when the opponent's client updated their location to the server and that was passed on to you is still three seconds old and the target is now somewhere completely different, so you'll still be shooting in the wrong direction.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2015, 02:54:52 pm by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2442 on: June 21, 2015, 03:20:53 pm »

well, missile point defence works beautifully now.

also missile don't annihilate things on sight, because they have the armor to deplete first.

I have cannon / punch trough turrets all around... I wonder if it's still of any value or if I need to switch it for something else

also, power requirements for weapons increased greatly. had to double power production on my frigate

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #2443 on: June 21, 2015, 04:01:32 pm »

Home base is undergoing renovations. All craft have been moved out onto the power strips sticking off the base of the station while I rebuild the halls and whatnot, sans zanzetkuken's boat, because I can't access it.

update:

Server's shutting down, but we now have: five main halls, cardinal directions plus down, that are 7x7 meters in cross section. The walls near the main hub have lava lamps to provide light, and the ceilings have ice crystals. There are some doorways marked out with grey hull wedges, but I have no doors to put in them.

The main hub room is near the intersection of the hallways. It now contains basic storage. I removed the shop module, because there was literally nothing in the shop, and no money.

What we need: More lava lamps, more ice crystals, more basic grey hull+wedges. Doors. Lots and lots of factory enhancers.

Left to do: other facilities, get a spawn block we can use in-station, rebuild the factory area. I'm thinking splitting it into many factory suites each with a copy of each factory block type and enhancers to link to the blocks. Preferably already linked, because you can't effectively change the linkages in astronaut mode and only one of us can be in build mode on the station at a time. With multiple factory suites all with their own enhancer setups, we can have multiple things in production at the same time. Eventually I really wanted to try to set up a factory assembly line that can produce one or more products from multiple stages autonomously, say a line that produces advanced armor in all its varieties (wedges, heptas etc), but that's a project for another day.

I am disappoint, losboccacc. I was there available for pirate raids when you logged in, but you never replied to my messages! :P

further updates: I just broke my computer mouse knocking it off the table. I've left my explody warhead ship (labelled as a miner) at the top of the vertical shaft of the station. Be mindful that bumping it could end very badly, but you can always get in and move it a little further from the station or delete the warheads, the missile underneath, and dock it. The warheads are all directly above the ship, in two layers of nine each, spaced by 10 meters.

It's always something... I'll just go get a new mouse from walmart, this one didn't have much life left in it anyway. >_>
« Last Edit: June 21, 2015, 07:26:04 pm by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2444 on: June 22, 2015, 03:39:53 pm »

I am disappoint, losboccacc. I was there available for pirate raids when you logged in, but you never replied to my messages! :P

lal, saw you but was rebuilding my cruiser, it's totally useless since the update. had tons in punch trough, and now all cannons get punch trough free! anyway, didn't receive any message. did you pm me?

anyway, I'll be working at a new ship for a few days now, possibly to abuse the new turret shoot center mass mechanic.
Pages: 1 ... 161 162 [163] 164 165 ... 181