Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 26

Author Topic: Hardcorize/Casualize a game  (Read 40595 times)

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
Re: Hardcorize/Casualize a game
« Reply #105 on: June 16, 2013, 09:42:42 pm »

Hardcore World of Tanks:

It takes several people to pilot a tank. There's a driver and gunner at least, maybe even jobs for the other positions on the tank. There's no alert for enemy tanks, the crew has to identify all enemies visually, with the commander spotting and giving orders and the radio crew relaying information through to the other tanks. There's no auto-aim, the gunner has to use the sights and, probably, an identification guide to shoot the enemy accurately.

So, basically, this?
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

MadMalkavian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: June 17, 2013, 12:15:32 am »

The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind: Hardcore Edition
  • Quicksave is removed from the game.
  • Autosave is removed from the game.
  • You may only reload your game when you die.
  • You may not save inside a dungeon, tomb, ruins or cavern.
  • You may not train skills that are not marked as major or minor skills unless a faction requires them.
  • You must have at least three of the required skills a faction requires for promotions tagged as major or minor skills in order to join said faction.
  • You may not join factions that would have some kind of conflict with a faction you are already a member of.
  • You may only have in your inventory what you may realistically carry.
  • Your character may only make one bribe or attempt to persuade or intimidate once per character per day.
Warning: Subject may be antisocial and may not synchronize well with humans. Approach cordially and with caution or not at all.

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: June 17, 2013, 12:16:57 am »

...So how do you actually steer?

Heh, forgot about that part. Not really that important though. I guess remove the ability to adjust the side mirrors, and give the casuals 'steering'.
Use the controller like a wheel. These have motion sensors nowadays. And everybody did it even if they hadn't at the time.
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig

Robosaur

• Bay Watcher
  • [POOP:INORGANIC: NUCLEAR_BOMBS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: June 17, 2013, 12:57:00 am »

Hardcore DLC Quest:
- Actually fun
- Meat boy level platforming difficulty
- 40+ hours of gameplay
- Still no actual enemies

now someone hardcorize dangan ronpa
You are a terrible person and the sad truth is deep down you know it.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: June 17, 2013, 02:02:25 am »

Hardcore X-Com:

- Soldiers can become afraid of certain species of aliens and automatically panic when they see them.
- Craft can be shot down by alien bases. Alien ships will actively hunt your ships and shoot them down.
- Training schedules. Skills that are not actively trained will atrophy. Training a skill too fast leads to injury or sometimes even death by training accident.
- You actually have to negotiate with the Council of Funding Nations every month for your pay check. Successes make it easier to deal, but it's never guaranteed.
- Aliens now have a massive Mothership that shows up late in the game. It can burn cities and bases from high altitude with no warning. To stop it, you have to board it and clear it. All ten floors have to be cleared. Stray shots in the engine room or near the outer hull blow the entire thing out of the air, killing the entire team and leaving no materials. Every rank of every species is present to some extent, although it is mostly crewed by Mutons.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: June 17, 2013, 02:51:33 am »

Crap, as if X-COM wasn't hardcore enough. Probably, all you'd really need is to remove the ability of the player to use Blaster Launchers.

Hardcore Mount & Blade: Your character can die, necessitating a game restart, and now requires nourishment like the rest of your forces. Additionally, you must also find clean watering holes to keep your army marching.

Hardcore Dark Souls: Now uses Mount & Blade combat system.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: June 17, 2013, 03:41:54 am »

Crap, as if X-COM wasn't hardcore enough. Probably, all you'd really need is to remove the ability of the player to use Blaster Launchers.

The one playthrough I managed to survive past the Muton stage is because I got lucky with a base assault and put everything behind Blaster Launchers. I still lost an unsustainable number of troops per battle, but at least I was able to survive a mission or two.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Scionox

• Bay Watcher
  • Rawr
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: June 17, 2013, 06:10:56 am »

IWBTG Ultrahardcore edition:
-About everything is trying to kill you
-Killing objects are randomized every time you enter screen
-No save points even on easy, you have only one chance overall on harder difficulties, game locks itself and it becomes impossible to launch it
-About everything can take much more hits from the pistol
-R button isn't working
-You can double jump only limited amount of times, ammo is limited as well
Rawr

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: June 17, 2013, 06:21:05 am »

I suggest we keep the games in a state that's  actually still playable and fun.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #114 on: June 17, 2013, 10:19:20 am »

Hardcore Borderlands (2):
Essentially crossover the game with Arma 2/3. Bullet physics and everything. Colliding into things with yuor vehicle can injure you while driving, maybe even launching you out the window if unbuckled. You also have to worry about running out of stamina after running around carrying beyond your limit (one of my games, I have a full limit, and I'm carrying 14+ guns and such above that maximum; Gotta swap out guns I don't need with better guns I find without compromising my limit break).

Casual Arma 2/3:
Basically, just rename it Call of Duty.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2013, 10:24:00 am by Itnetlolor »

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: June 17, 2013, 10:36:54 am »

Casual Arma 2/3:
Basically, just rename it Call of Duty.

Or MoH, or Battlefield or (insert generic FPS here).

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: June 17, 2013, 10:42:49 am »

Hardcore Final Fantasy:

Party Members who fall in battle fall permanently. If the Protagonist falls, then it's game over, man. Game over.
Phoenix Downs are much rarer and now only used to save.
No restoring save point deals. You want to heal up? Use them (also somewhat rarer) healing items.
Party Members contribute to the maximum volume and weight of items you can carry (similar to how Cata:DDA deals with items)
Combat is not static. You move the Protagonist and have total control, but have the option to give orders or swap control to another Party Member, as well as setting their combat preferences beforehand (as in Dragon Age).
Weapons have quality to them and must be cared for or else they will break.
The Protagonist and Party Members must be regularly fed and rested or risk over-exertion, maybe even death.

Supercore (they already have hardcore ascensions) Kingdom of Loathing:
Only +1 adventure at Rollover.

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: June 17, 2013, 10:46:29 am »

Supercore (they already have hardcore ascensions) Kingdom of Loathing:
Only +1 adventure at Rollover.
That's not hardcore, that's just torture.
Maybe no mall.
Meat only drops if it makes sense. And not from sentients. That would be barbaric.
All zones have unique random boss monsters that will pop up randomly.
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #118 on: June 17, 2013, 10:51:16 am »

Hardcore Doom:
Guns are likely to break (becoming less accurate the more use, and when broken, can't be used anymore; Careful with the rocket launcher, plasma gun, and BFG; since replacements aren't easy to find); the guns enemies drop sometimes have wear themselves, but will make do as replacements for your now broken gun. Rocket launcher carries blowback upon firing (don't fire in tight areas), and the BFG can also hit you in the blast. Berserk packs can become unstable, and you lose control as you fade in and out of berserk mode. You can also bleed, so a large med-pack is required to stop the bleeding; also healing by med-pack means is gradual, whereas spiritual (soul spheres and megaspheres) are instant recovery; berserk recovery is more rapid, but the more you kill, the quicker you refill life.

I think this can be moddable, provided anyone has the know-how to do it.

Something of the sort can also be applied to games like Duke Nukem 3D and such too.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2013, 10:54:40 am by Itnetlolor »

CognitiveDissonance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: June 17, 2013, 11:05:34 am »

...and the BFG can also hit you in the blast...

Wait... you mean it doesn't usually?
Everything I know is wrong...
Come and be amazed by this wonderful menagerie! Draw your own! Bring your favorite! The [Forgotten Beast Art Contest] is open for business!
Now also available - [The Legendary Artifact Art Contest]! It menaces! It has rings! It has craftsdwarfship!
I have a [YouTube] channel! It has Let's Plays and other stuff.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 26