Advanced search  

Poll

So, when will this start up again?

Abandon Ship - all hope is lost...
Our Necromagicks have failed us!
Next year...
Next quarter...
This quarter?!
Never - The GM is just playing with you!

Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 37

Author Topic: (ISG) You are a bound familiar  (Read 46931 times)

Scionox

• Bay Watcher
  • Rawr
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) You are an unbound familiar
« Reply #375 on: June 27, 2013, 04:42:24 pm »

+1 to willpower then, also escaping while waiting for thief sounds like a decent idea, if we get lucky.
Rawr

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: June 27, 2013, 08:15:58 pm »

Well, that was one impressive row of fails. At least we still are worth our salt in magic. And alive – you never know to enjoy that fact until you come close to loosing it.

Since it wont make much of a difference, the vote for Magic / Willpower will go into the next round. We also will only get an increase in max-mana, no mana will be immediately gained. Just warning you is all.

Spoiler: Indezi (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Abilities (click to show/hide)
Seeing as you really want to get out of here, you delay no further and make way for the gate. Sadly your gliding towards the next rooftop fails spectaculary, and you crash into the wall at quite some speed. It hurts like hell, and while you hope that your front-leg is not broken, you sure can't use it for now. After a few steps it turns out not to be so, but walking on it is too much to bear for now. -3 HP, -4 Max Stamina, -30% Speed

You make a run for it, as fast as your current condition allows, and somehow you even pass the gate! After passing through there, you hear exited shouting and whistles being blown behind you. At least none of the guards that you tricked have noticed you up till now, but now the rest knows for sure. Hearing the sound of hooves trashing the ground, a quick glance reveals that you won't be able to outrun this one.

Instinctively reaching into your mana reserves, you cast an illusion onto the horse. You are fairly sure that you messed the illusion up somehow, but as the horse throws its rider off as a result, it matters little. You almost don't notice the stirring that his surprise and subsequent pain causes, but it definitely was there. A few moments later, you are in the safe heaven of the wheat-field, but that last sprint really took the air out of you. -5 Max Stamina, -2 Willpower, -2 MP

The soldiers have arrived by the fields, as is indicated by their shouts – it will only be a short time before they will get to you. Running further is almost impossible by now, and even if, you will need to rest from the sprint to regain your breath sometime soon. The presence of the sorceress also draws nearer at an alarming rate, you doubt it will take her more than two minutes to arrive at the gate.

Current Status
6/9 Health Points
7/15 Mana Points
0/3 Stamina
2/10 Encumbrance

Bruised, Limping; -30% Speed
Out of Breath, Overexerted, Slightly Faint

As you might have noticed, I did allow us to over-exert our stamina in lieu of being in a state of panic. Be warned that we will collapse very soon, if we do not gain some peace and quiet to regain some of our strength.

Also, lettuce clearly form a perfect circle, and in fact all of them do look exactly the same. Our garden provided enough specimen of them to study this in detail, and I merely portrayed this fact. Joke aside, I finally found the time to prepare some.. more suitable sprites. Except the art to be somewhat less sucky if it comes to persons in the future. Still keeping the no-arms style, makes it like half as complicated if you ask me. Also, if you should wonder about it - all that physical activity has ruined our clever disguise. Too bad.

Also, what clever disguise?
Spoiler: That one (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 27, 2013, 08:33:20 pm by escaped lurker »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: June 27, 2013, 08:20:24 pm »

Well, that was one impressive row of fails.
That's always something you want to start an update with...

Well, we have a few choices I can see.
1. Hide and hope they somehow can't find us.
2. Surrender and hope for mercy.
3. Fight and hope we last longer than 10 seconds.

If no one else thinks of anything, I'm leaning towards #2.

((Also: Magic.))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: June 27, 2013, 08:39:21 pm »

Well, that was one impressive row of fails.
That's always something you want to start an update with...

Well, we have a few choices I can see.
1. Hide and hope they somehow can't find us.
2. Surrender and hope for mercy.
3. Fight and hope we last longer than 10 seconds.

If no one else thinks of anything, I'm leaning towards #2.

((Also: Magic.))
Given that according to what we've been told, "mercy" for a familiar who has had their master die is being killed quickly, I'm not.
15:35   HugoLuman reads Harb his secret spaghetti recipe

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: June 27, 2013, 08:40:27 pm »

I think it has a better chance than the other options.

Which is to say: "Damned if you do, damned if you don't, and suicide is the only other option."
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: June 27, 2013, 08:43:58 pm »

Question: are we fireproof?

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: June 27, 2013, 08:46:34 pm »

I like that line of thought...
Sig

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: June 27, 2013, 08:54:25 pm »

Question: are we fireproof?

Slightly. We wont scald due to our scales if in contact with minor flames. We are however only a welp, and thus we will certainly mind the heat after half a minute. Choking on the harmfull gases is also an option. But yeah, setting the field on fire just might work - as I am quite sure that I won't give you any pointers with this. Aren't you glad that we finally seem to do this longly-discussed action?  :P

For your information, we have quite a strong wind - coming from south-south-west. The direction of wich we entered the fields was north-north-west. So if we succeed, we most likely will have to run from all of the fire, through all of the field. I am not sure if the dice are against or with us, seeing how troubling they fall today.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: June 27, 2013, 08:57:40 pm »

Hm...I'm liking that option less...although it's pretty much that or beg for our life.
Sig

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #384 on: June 27, 2013, 09:07:45 pm »

[redacted]
How long would it take to regain our stamina?
How large is the field? (football fields for a rough estimate)
-----Does it look like this is their primary food field?

With the sorceress coming, I don't know about setting that fire. The only difference it might make is inducing more anger before being caught.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2013, 09:17:43 pm by GrizzlyAdamz »
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Check this shit out- (it changes)
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: June 27, 2013, 09:41:19 pm »

How long would it take to regain our stamina?
How large is the field? (football fields for a rough estimate)
-----Does it look like this is their primary food field?

We are close to collapsing, maybe two minutes of running from it. If we would walk further, we might stabilize at some "exerted" point, or put the nail down. Hard to say.

The field isn't all that big, but not shabby either. The farmer himself might be ruined by setting it on fire - or driven into serfdom if he isn't one already - but the city can take a hit like that a couple of dozen times. Except if it spreads to other fields, that is. Then all the cards are open for more damage, but as long as the wind keeps into that direction, the maximum of attainable damage should be around 10-15% of the harvest. And that only if it spreads like a wildfire - with wind and dry weather not that far off. It just needs a good start and it could get very destructive.

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: June 27, 2013, 09:46:23 pm »

For your information, we have quite a strong wind - coming from south-south-west. The direction of wich we entered the fields was north-north-west. So if we succeed, we most likely will have to run from all of the fire, through all of the field. I am not sure if the dice are against or with us, seeing how troubling they fall today.

Wait, we entered the field from NNW of the field, we entered the field by going NNW, or we entered the field in the NNW part of the field? Could we get a map of the surroundings?

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #387 on: June 27, 2013, 10:01:07 pm »

I suspect he meant we entered by going NNW.

Could we cross the field in 2 minutes?
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: June 27, 2013, 10:23:40 pm »

Could we cross the field in 2 minutes?

No - if we walk a brisk pace and go straight south - only about 5 meters apart from the road - we might make it in ~5 minutes. If we try to get the most out of this cover, it could easily take up close to ten - as it is not a square, mind my geometry skills. ;3

Wait, we entered the field from NNW of the field, we entered the field by going NNW, or we entered the field in the NNW part of the field? Could we get a map of the surroundings?

I see my mistake - I meant to say that the wind GOES towards SSW, but wrote it would come from there. To clarify, we left the city by the southern gate, and are at the NNW corner of the field. We went hard SSE - the east part about 5 meters, the south-part about 10 at most - into it. My bad, if we start the fire and go further east, we actually can make it through it - while it will be driven southwards, it will also be going westwards, towards the street.

After clearing this up, I doubt a map will be worth being made. The discussion might be over by the time I finish it, seeing as I do have some stuff to do before that. If you guys are still undecided by then, I just might make one, but no promises there.

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #389 on: June 27, 2013, 10:33:49 pm »

What about continued panic-sprinting? Or is that out of the question?
Badges of honor
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 37