Advanced search  

Poll

So, when will this start up again?

Abandon Ship - all hope is lost...
Our Necromagicks have failed us!
Next year...
Next quarter...
This quarter?!
Never - The GM is just playing with you!

Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 37

Author Topic: (ISG) You are a bound familiar  (Read 46912 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) You are an unbound familiar
« Reply #390 on: June 27, 2013, 10:38:06 pm »

We're basically staying up by fear and adrenaline.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #391 on: June 27, 2013, 10:49:02 pm »

Could we stay sprinting by fear and adrenaline? (although, sprinting doesn't work with a tripod...hmm)
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Check this shit out- (it changes)
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: June 27, 2013, 10:51:23 pm »

We could, but we'd regret it in the morning. Or possibly in five minutes.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: June 27, 2013, 11:17:32 pm »

We could, but we'd regret it in the morning. Or possibly in five minutes.

We are close to collapsing, maybe two minutes of running from it. If we would walk further, we might stabilize at some "exerted" point, or put the nail down. Hard to say.

Unless you guys want to go the "poor lil dragon fell ill"-route, I would strongly suggest that running should not be our next course of action. We might not make it through the field as it currently stands, even when walking. We are also close to immediate discovery, and should adopt certain measures - fleeing without the support of fire is however very unlikely.

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #394 on: June 27, 2013, 11:24:27 pm »

We could use the fire as a distraction; I doubt we could use it as a wall, and even then they could just ride around it with horses.

I'd say go ahead and start the fire while aiming south, then go ESE, just off parrallel from the road, at as fast a pace we can without collapse. The fire will serve as a distraction, if it even gets big, and sticking pretty close to the road would be hiding where they least expect it.
The strong wind should be moving the wheat pretty well, and mask our own movements.

What's the shortest route to the forest? Don't take that one.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2013, 11:28:37 pm by GrizzlyAdamz »
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: June 27, 2013, 11:27:45 pm »

We could use the fire as a distraction; I doubt we could use it as a wall, and even then they could just ride around it with horses.

I'd say go ahead and start the fire while aiming south, then go ESE, just off parrallel from the road, at as fast a pace we can without collapse. The fire will serve as a distraction, if it even gets big, and sticking pretty close to the road would be hiding where they least expect it.

What's the shortest route to the forest? Don't take that one.
Depressingly, the "Ride away from the place our amulet we need to live is while making sure that the people with it will not want to deal with us and end up knowing pretty much all of our strengths, while continuing to flee despite being past the edge of collapse" plan is pretty much the best unless we want to try arguing for legal status.
Sig

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #396 on: June 27, 2013, 11:30:40 pm »

We could always hope they're the understanding type about our desperation moves. /smirk

I'd also like to call attention to my edit.

Badges of honor

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: June 28, 2013, 01:02:24 am »

If it rains.. it pours? You decide.  :-X

Spoiler: Indezi (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Abilities (click to show/hide)
There only seems to be one option, unless you want to try your luck with diplomacy. You nock your head eastwards, and attempt to set the wheat on fire. You mess up somewhat, and loose some mana in the process – but it certainly could be worse. The fire itself starts out rather slowly, but you certainly do not want to stick around for it to grow. -6 MP

You slowly trudge forward, and soon enough you hear that the attention of the soldiers has shifted towards the smoke. While the wind initially kept the fire in check somewhat, it soon enough picks up – the soldiers are not able to extinct it in time.

Stopping with the running seems to have been the right decision, as you recover somewhat. It will take some true rest for anything of significance to happen, but for now your lungs aren't burning as painfully anymore. You are also able to put some nice distance between yourself and the fire, and things are certainly „lighting up“ for you.

Meanwhile the disturbance of mana that engulfs the sorceress seems to have passed the gates. Stopping for a moment, she seems to have taken note of the fire ravaging the field and promptly starts to expend some of her mana. You take it that she joined to relief the soldiers with some elemental magic, but instead she sets of to ride further down the road. Luckily your current pityance of magic should escape her notice, but as you do not want to risk moving any of the stalks for her to see, you sit down to rest
. +1 Stamina

Instead of overtaking you, she stops a few strides short of your position. You concentrate your senses, hoping for it to only be a coincidence, but you suddenly hear what seems to be her dismounting. Your efforts are also rewarded with a familiar sensation. While you certainly would be unable to do so from a greater distance – her mana is exceptional after all – it poses no big effort for you in such close quarters to her. There is only one thing that feels that way – this pull, this sensation unlike any other. It also confronts you with a rather peculiar reality.

That Sorceress is - without a doubt - currently holding on to your amulet.

"I know that you are hiding in there - Show yourself!“

Current Status
6/9 Health Points
1/15 Mana Points
1/3 Stamina
2/10 Encumbrance

Bruised, Limping; -30% Speed
Out of Breath, Overexerted, Slightly Faint

Some things are just nigh unavoidable. Trust me, this is one of them.

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #398 on: June 28, 2013, 01:22:26 am »

Let's bluff her. Come straight out, and bow/do whatever as if she were our master.

-Point is, act naturally. Could we be snotty to our master? Could we lie/decieve, or did we have to answer questions honestly & hypnotically? Same with actions?
« Last Edit: June 28, 2013, 01:32:49 am by GrizzlyAdamz »
Badges of honor

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: June 28, 2013, 02:29:55 am »

Curses, so close!
Go out. If she's holding the amulet within our reach, eat it. If she's a midget/gnome/child, eat her face. Otherwise, what Grizzly said.
15:35   HugoLuman reads Harb his secret spaghetti recipe

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: June 28, 2013, 04:51:20 am »

Point is, act naturally. Could we be snotty to our master? Could we lie/decieve, or did we have to answer questions honestly & hypnotically? Same with actions?

Opening Post;

A normal familiar would have not faltered a second, and activated this hidden rune of explosion without a second thought. Thing is, seems like putting shard of a demon-soul into a critter also gives it a will of its own - at least if not under the magic resonance that magician and familiar normaly keep at all times. Said resonance broke when Master hid you and the rune from magical notice in an anti-magical field...

If he had any questions, he just took said information straight from our magically interlinked brain. While it does go both ways, we were clearly on the lesser end of the stick. Anyways, the magical "brainwashing" administered at all times did leave little room for anything that he did not order us to do. Guess his surprise when he found out that there was a loophole - he was certainly not amused.

On the other hand, it was also him that made our daring fusion work - while holding on to our pendant is certainly not enough to forge a similiar bond anew, it holds part of our soul and thus it would be the obvious choice if one would be intent on doing so.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: June 28, 2013, 05:08:53 am »

do not show ourselves, but go ahead and start talking. if she approaches, move away.
"Why are you hunting me?"
if she says anything that implies she simply wants to make us go away or make sure we don't cause trouble.
"leave me the amulet and I'll go and never return."
if she says anything that implies she wants us for reasons of her own
"And enslave myself to you? Pah! Never again."

Negotiate, with the primary objective of avoiding enslavement under any circumstances, secondary objective is survival, tertiary objective is the amulet. Anything other than those three is optional, although nice to have.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #402 on: June 28, 2013, 06:19:35 am »

Darn, and I suppose the magical link is in-fact universal, and the sorceress would have knowledge of it?

(Yes)
Well fine.
+1 to Lenglon
Badges of honor

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: June 28, 2013, 07:35:49 am »

I missed an important update for sleep...at least I got here in time to comment.
do not show ourselves, but go ahead and start talking. if she approaches, move away.
if she says anything that implies she simply wants to make us go away or make sure we don't cause trouble.
"leave me the amulet and I'll go and never return."
if she says anything that implies she wants us for reasons of her own
"And enslave myself to you? Pah! Never again."

Negotiate, with the primary objective of avoiding enslavement under any circumstances, secondary objective is survival, tertiary objective is the amulet. Anything other than those three is optional, although nice to have.
Hm...I suppose those objectives are acceptable. If nothing else, it'll show that we have an independent spirit, which I suppose is important for her to know now.
Sig

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: June 28, 2013, 08:26:18 am »

Actually, while there are universal rules associated with the link of familiar and master, the later more often than not tinkers enough with the former that it becomes very difficult to control by anyone but him. Familiars do hold a good deal of information about their masters, and it would be very serious if that knowledge would fall into the wrong hands. It also prevents theft of finely crafted familiars in general. Abredas however, did publish much about you, and while total control might be difficult without all the right settings, a general dominance can be achieved if the individual is strong enough. It really depends on how skillful the sorceress would be in contrast to her raw strength of mana, and her knowledge about you.

Curses! So she really divined your position back then? It would make sense, you suppose. Hiding without getting your pendant back will be almost impossible that way. With no real strength left for anything else, she sure picked herself a nice time to engage you.

You get up and take a good look at your surroundings, but there just isn't anything but field here to work with. You do prepare yourself to run away thou, and speak up;

"Now why would I ever hunt a dragon that runs amok among a city that I currently reside in?"
She let's out some laughter, but you certainly do not care for her amusement. Soon enough she does continue, but you remain weary.. "Don't worry – one of my companions would be quite upset if I would kill you. That and risking the ire of adult dragons does just not seem worth it... Unless you plan on causing further trouble."

Suddenly something flies into your general direction, and then lands a few of your own strides south of you. While you have yet to move, she certainly can point your direction well already. Not that you really care, because she certainly threw your most beloved jewelery.

"Take it and get lost... for now. I will be sure to take some payment for the damages that you have done here at some later time, but right now it might cause problems if you were to be caught. Troubles that we do not care for."

A short moment of joy turns into one of doubt – because her words do not explain something very important. The amulet has been tampered with, something you as the rightful wearer of it noticed as soon as you set your mind to it. You can't tell how it has changed, but the flow of its energy is just off by a serious degree. Unsure as to whether you should call her out on it or not, you certainly dislike this turn of events.

Current Status
6/9 Health Points
1/15 Mana Points
2/3 Stamina
2/10 Encumbrance

Bruised, Limping; -30% Speed
Out of Breath, Overexerted, Slightly Faint
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 37