Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 51

Author Topic: BM XLI: On Wings of Haven -- Scum Victory!  (Read 100266 times)

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: BM XLI: Day 1, To Kill a Mockingbird -- IC Replacement Requested
« Reply #450 on: May 27, 2013, 08:53:02 pm »

Vector: So you believe that Dem is mafia... but are going to band wagon me because you can't get a good read on me... How is this helpful at all and why are you going for the easy lynch? You haven't even questioned Dem in awhile or me for that matter.

You have made a mistake so catastrophically bad that I see no option but lynching you.  Much like a person saying "Yo, I'm scum" or self-voting.  Yes, there is some nuance to it, but you don't let someone you're unsure of make this sort of mistake while just allowing them to fly past.

I think that Ford + Dem is the best-feeling scumteam, but given Ford's disappearance, the amount that letting you live and then politely lynching you later would fuck up the rest of the game, the amount of information we have on those quantities, the degree to which I believed you last time you lied, and the amount of time we have to get more information, we'd better lynch you.  You're sitting only slightly lower than those two those in general scumtell-terms

You unleashed a WIFOM-bomb.  Now you're reaping the consequences.  Don't bend my arguments.  My gut read is that you're fucking moronic town, but I know that if I let you live my head and gut will fight with each other for a long time and muddy my ability to get any more information.

I do not want to lynch you, but I also did not want you to panic and claim and/or fakeclaim at three votes.  Ya screwed the pooch.

I am also not exactly a fan of the "wait until we get information" approach, because you're assuming that you'll inspect and strike scum.

And fuck, all of this is covered in so much goddamned WIFOM that it pretty much doesn't matter what happens--we can't assume that the scum will kill you for us, we can't assume that you'll get any usable information, we can't assume that you're just a stupid townie.  My read on you was fairly scummy and you fucked up, and that means you don't get to live anymore.

Vector, have you been manipulating us like puppets by giving advice from the sidelines?

No.  If you want to see me manipulating people like puppets, go read BMIV and make a comparison.  Also, stop stealing Shinigami_King's arguments and pretending they're original things you've only ~just now~ come up with.

If you see me giving bad advice, by all means jump down my throat; but all you're doing is muddying the waters.

Why haven't you hunted as you normally do? If you believe Dem is scum, Vote and Pressure him! Get off the side lines Vector.

EXCUSE ME?

The Vector + Lenglon situation: Vector is acting how she normally does while scum-hunting against Lenglon. Lenglon is acting nervously to this, possibly due to not being used to the amount of pressure on her or trying to find the Townie thing to say as Mafia. Leaning in favor of Vectors arguement here.

Vector- Lean town. Using her usual hunting methods, hasn't dropped any scum tells, and is doing what i've seen her do in other games as Town.

Why haven't I hunted AS I NORMALLY DO?  Fuck you, you palavering, self-contradictory, slimy little shit.  I've posted about twice as much as anyone else in this game, according to the LurkerTracker; I opened nontrivial attacks on Lenglon, Shinigami, Birdy, and Ford.  I caught Griffionday's slip and your WIFOM-bomb.  I'm glad to see that your sense of self-preservation is running strong, since as you have ascertained--yes, I am indeed the person voting you who will be hardest to move.

Well-done.  You attacked two out of three of the people voting you and bandwagoned onto the second-most prominent lynch candidate; at least a fourth of your posts are messages about "post coming soon" or "just got back from church," and the others mostly contain responses to other people's attacks, including an explanation of how your reactive personality doesn't let you scumhunt; and you have once again attacked me on my "lack of activity," which I have explained some three or four times.

You try scumhunting when everyone around you doesn't know how not to throw scumtells--forget trying to pull them out of anyone involuntarily.

Oh, and by the way:

To help the Town, I am the Cop. Cue your questions.

Why did you tell us this?

RangerCado.

There is no cop role in this game.  Burn in hell.
Check page one Vector, its unlike you to call that so quickly without checking.

Why did you react aggressively here?

Vector: Your telling Shinigami to not vote off of who he thinks is scum but to vote on who he knows is scum.. but then tell lenglon to do the exact opposite... Why are you contradicting yourself?

. . . No, I told Shinigami not to vote for people based on his personal dislike of them.

What happened to this?

Fellow, I gave you a chance, did what I could to help you act less scummy, and you've done nothing but spew scumminess.  You dug yourself a grave.  Go keep Dariush company.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: May 27, 2013, 09:23:44 pm »

Vector: You haven't given bad advice, but slowly i've gotten the feeling that i'm being manipulated. So if i'm going to die, go do some more scum hunting. We know there are 2 scum so if your so sure its me, go after Dem some more. Or question someone not in those you have.

Why did i say that? Because thats why i did it, so town wouldn't lynch their cop.

How is that aggressive? I pointed out that its unusual for you to overlook things like that.

Because looking back at your original wording, its true. If you tried to explain it away with anything else i would have called you out on it.
The best ship is the one where one of them is literally allergic to the other~
Quote from: NakaTeleeli
"A room ain't messy less you can't find nothin!"
[/quote]

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: May 27, 2013, 09:38:29 pm »

I'm not moving the focus off of you.  The more you plead, the more convinced I am that it's right to keep my foot right here.  And remember--I have the right to goof-off breaks, too.  It sickens me that you continue to demand more time spent on this game--inevitably more time spent paying attention to people other than you.  I'll remind you that my obligation is one post per day, and I've delivered.

If you have anything more than a feeling, then make a case.  But so far all I'm seeing is a persistent attempt to attack me with absurdly flimsy arguments--ones that are easily verified as untrue.

The first point is like that one asshole who always goes "When I flip town, you'll see that..."--overemphasizing that you're doing something for the sake of town, yadda yadda, like you're really thinking about whether or not someone will see you as pro- or anti-town.

Saying "you're not acting the way you usually do!" is a soft-ball dogwhistle for "I think you're scum!"  I'm asking why that was your kneejerk reaction upon my vote.  Not just "nah Vector, you're wrong" but "being wrong doesn't seem like you."
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: May 27, 2013, 09:51:19 pm »

ok, my vote isn't moving, because Ranger is pretty much certainly scum, and there's no point in wasting time and the life of a townie confirming the obvious.

not only do my old reasons for voting him still stand, but ever since he made that roleclaim he completely stopped scumhunting. additionally that wall o' text he just posted looks like a wall o' OMGUS to me. he attacks each person who is voting him and gives reasons that border on delusional for it, followed by voting for the other person with the most votes on them. His post, supposedly based on the list of scumtells, is nothing but a self-serving survival attempt. even if he is town, if this is an example of what he thinks scumhunting is, then we're better off without him anyway.

Waiting to lynch him will simply let the scum get an extra kill before we can get to hunting his partner, and risks exposing our jailer to the scum. I want our jailer to be able to do their job and not have to make a roleclaim to get obviscum lynched.
Shinigami has dropped the chainsaw scum tell, though he knows he did it and regrets it yet should explain why he did it still, I believe i could semi accuse Lenglon and Birdy for this. Both went on a bit of a fight against me for voting and pressuring Dem when he said he would get back to us but still hadn't appeared. I pushed Dem to come out and start posting, which he has now, and they questioned me why. So now its your turn, Why did you two attack me for wondering why Dem still hadn't come through on his promise?
Ranger:this accusation is straight-up-wrong, not only did i never attack you for pressuring Dem, I attacked you for NOT pressuring ANYONE enough. I said the opposite of what your deluded mind seems to think I did. clearly you're just trying to save your scummy cowardly skin and didn't even begin to read through what happened a few pages back.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: May 27, 2013, 10:00:50 pm »

Lets do this then. You've questioned a bunch of people early on, and now you've almost gone passive. Your soley focused right now on getting rid of the idiot townie that you've ignored your top scum pick. If you think i'm an idiot, thats fine. I know i do a lot of stupid things and claiming from panic is one of them. But don't get angry at me, for thinking your starting to tunnel me just like birdy did. I went and put out things i found odd or scummy about you, Dem, Birdy, and Lenglon with a request to Shinigami. Thing is, i'm human. I make mistakes and try to learn from them. Isn't that what BM's are for? To teach new players what to and not to do?

I'm sorry if i've offended you, I never meant to, and i hope you will accept my apology while we both cool off and get back into the game. Deal?
The best ship is the one where one of them is literally allergic to the other~
Quote from: NakaTeleeli
"A room ain't messy less you can't find nothin!"
[/quote]

Demdemeh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: May 27, 2013, 10:10:11 pm »

Dem: First up, never appreciate someone defending you unless its on stupidly bad grounds. Beret them and question them on why they're doing your job. You did neither of these despite being called out on it several times. Strike 1.

Second, you believe i can't be trusted on a successful find tomorrow because i could just be bussing my partner... How stupid do you believe these players are? The scum IC would have to be insane to even go along with that and why not just go with bussing me if i'm scum? Nows the perfect oppertunity since everyones after me and it'd be rather easy to justify my lynch. Me bussing my scum buddy if i were mafia day 2 wouldn't be good at all because as town, mafia would definately just start trying to kill me. The longer i live from there, the more confirmed Townies i get for town, the worse the last mafias situation would be, and if mafia didn't kill me day 3, i'd probably be lynched then with a final townie confirmed for them. Strike 2.

You have been tunnelling Griffy with a passion. Granted Birdy did this to me, but he knew something was up, just the wrong thing to be looking for. This tunnelling hasn't led anywhere from my position, and even made me think of Griffy as more towny. Where is this leading to? Have you found anything at all? Griffy has pointed out every problem with your postings, even conceded with your points that made sense. He's been completely forth coming and honest from what i can tell. Now i know that this list of accusations means nothing to you as you don't trust me at all, but atleast tell me what you've learned, if anything, about Griffy's alignment. Strike 3 my friend. Unvote.   Demdemeh.

Cado: First up, appreciating anyone attempting to defend you shouldn't necessarily be a problem; sometimes, people's attacks are in error, after all. Second of all, I was attacking him the entire time. Poorly, maybe, but you'll note that I've been over that several times already.

Second: you can't be trusted because your roleclaim came at a time when you were under pretty heavy attack for your own suspicious behaviour. The scum IC doesn't have any direct control over you. You can make your own decisions. I'm not saying that you're scum; just that your roleclaim stinks of wine so strongly that no one can trust it. In addition, MAFIA CAN CONFIRM TOWN. The two options for you are: Mafia; Cop. Both are as capable of identifying mafia and confirming town. So you can't be trusted. Sorry. Thinking that the other players would just go along with what you say is the actual assumption of stupidity, here. We only have to wait until the day after you're lynched, or the last scum is found, to know whether you're telling the truth. You can't roleclaim from position of weakness.

Finally: You're right. Gday has conceded that some of my points made sense, and explained the questions regarding my other points. I still have problems with some of the same things, but I'm not sure, yet, what I've learned from our little conversation. Obviously, there's still some suspicion on the other side, since Gday is voting me, now, and I think that that's a bit of an OMGUS at this point (as you so lovingly accused me of, GDay), but I'm still making my mind up what I'm getting from what was said. I'm not ready to alter my vote, yet, although I'm about willing to drop my leeway on you, here, RangerCado, since you're willing to jump on the closest thing to a bandwagon that's not on you at the drop of a hat.

Demdemeh:

As a personal favor please make it clear what points you are addressing with each sentence.  At the very least split your responses into paragraphs based on what point you are responding to.

Alright then; points that I feel need to be addressed:
And I came back from my "hiatus" well before your mistake. Weekends don't count, remember?
Fair;  I was wrong to accuse you of having taken 28 hours to answer my post, as with the weekend not being counted count it only took you ten hours; so my apologies there.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Specifically right here. I particularly appreciate your manufacturing the whole "good for town" angle, but I've already spoken on that.
Your exact words to Shinigami were "I appreciate your defending me, Shinigami."  The only reason I can see to "appreciate" some one defending you is if you are scum.  Hence the question: I wanted to know if you had another opinion about that that would give you a reason to appreciate him while acting in the interest of town.  As you seem to use appreciate less as a form of "gratefulness" and more as a form of "admire", I'm willing to let this one slid.

You should be glad, though. You've got me off Shinigami's back. Isn't that what you wanted?
I think you're accusing me of chainsawing you to protect Shinigami; which is complete rubbish and you know it.  My reason for pressing you was based on your presentation of your case and the assumptions you made in making your case against Shinigami and pressing griffinpup.

It would seem that I was saying that, yes. I think it's probably fairer to state that you were following up on griffinpup's points, which I think I answered rather well.

Isn't one of the major points to this game to unite town against a perceived member of the scum team and have him lynched? Should it matter to me that I'm not the one applying pressure to someone I believe is scum? I don't think it should. I think I should be glad to direct pressure where I feel it's due.
This is addressing me calling you out on not applying pressure on Shinigami yourself, and relying on re-posting griffinpup's questions to apply pressure.  Note how it does not actually address that; and rather is an excuse for not providing your own case.  Let me ask again then: why did you copy griffinpup's questions press Shinigami when your own case was only "why did you defend Lenglon when you claimed he was scummy?"[Link]. 

Your case btw makes no sense if you paid attention to the chronology of Shinigami's defense of Lenglon, and then calling him scummy.  It sounds like you're being opportunistic and looking for places where you can manipulate people's statements and reads to paint them scummy wherever possible.

Shinigami's defense of Lenglon happened pretty early in the game, while I was still adjusting to the basics of this game. If you'd pay attention to the chronology of my own posts, you'd notice that. In addition, there's little difference between "being opportunistic and looking for places where you can manipulate people's statements and reads to paint them scummy" and "feeling suspicious and discussing the parts of someone's statements that make you feel suspicious in order to put pressure on someone" as far as I can tell. Can you explain to me exactly what that difference is, and how what you're doing with my own statements isn't the same thing?

As for my response to griffinpup, at the time his attack on me for my own suspicions against Shinigami was, I felt, a little over-the-top. My own response seemed to be actually a little lower-impact than the original attack.... In rereading his post, it is obvious that pup was after more than just my attacking Shinigami; he wanted to know my reasons. That's not quite the reverse, but it's not the same, either, so we're both wrong. And, to undermine your own foundation, I acknowledged that at the time, anyway.
I think griffionpup made it clear here that he wasn't attacking you over the actual act of voting shinigami and just over the fact that you hadn't provided reasons.  What made you so sure that your act of attacking Shinigami was the issue at hand?

I'm pretty sure that I addressed this, already, too. What is your problem, Gday? Digging up buried hatchets to make old cases new again is not a charming trait. I'm not impressed, and I don't think anyone else is, either. The aggressiveness of his statements, paired with his own attack with Shinigami, made me feel that it was a bizarre juxtaposition.

I still rather think that some large portion of your misunderstanding of my statements is deliberate. You came onto me rather hot while I was at the top of the suspicion charts, and you're keeping it up in the face of this new scandal. Your little slip-up was quite telling, though, and while I don't know where RangerCado stands on the truth chart, I'm pretty sure at this point that you're just scum trying to manipulate the situation to your best advantage. It would help if your perceived meanings of my statements were closer to what was actually said, of course.
Sentence by sentence then:
My misunderstanding is based on the fact that you make no sense; as is hopefully evident by now.

And you make no sense to me. That's the beauty of not seeing into each others' heads. There's a bit too much attempt at interpretation on your side, however... try to read the sentence as it's written, first. Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar.

Honestly the day end was three days away (one and a half if you don't count weekends); and so I wasn't really paying attention to where you were in the charts.  Hammers are not in effect so it doesn't really matter, I will press scum where I see them.

Likewise.

I'd like to point out that this is the only time you've mentioned the slip-up to my face (more on that in a bit).

Really? I suppose I've done a bad job at directly quoting exactly what I'm referring to each time, but I did in fact mention it obliquely at least once.

Just so you know for future reference: you also weaken your pressure on Ranger here as you mention your doubt. 
It would help if you made any sense, of course.

I am not pressuring Cado. I'm pressuring you, and I've made my position clear: RC is untrustworthy.

I think that's all the points addressed to me. 
Now if you don't mind Demdemeh I have a couple more points that I want you to address (In addition to the ones made above).

There are points that he made that are similar to the ones that I was trying, and failing, to make, yes. Specifically his reaction to active scumhunting and deliberately delaying his own, with a public admission. Does that help you, at all?
Let's compare that to your actual pressure to Shinigami:
Not included: Shinigami delaying his scum hunting.  In the interest of completeness you DO mention this in your read on him when attempting to defend yourself from Ranger here.  Why did you only use this to defend your case on Shinigami rather than say; pressing him about it?

Once again, I was at a point of acclimatization at that point, and learning how to scumhunt. I was not itemizing the things I should attack people on and viciously pressing my case, as I obviously should be doing, according to some philosophies. This has already been addressed.

In your posts to griffinpup and Lenglon you make a rather odd claim:
Well, since GDay all but claimed mafia up there, and implied that you were a mafia power role with the whole "don't make all our power roles vulnerable to town" thing, I think it's natural to wonder if any other power roles are involved, don't you? Of course, GDay may very well BE mafia, and be attempting to bus you as the actual Town Cop, but that is, of course, WIFOM. As for myself, I think that I've gotten enough ammo lately to feel pretty strongly that GDay is scum, what with the rampant misinterpretation and attacking in the last posts addressed my way, and with the whole typo thing. That just seems like too much of a Freudian slip to me, and I don't think that it's likely that GDay has played enough scum roles in the past to justify that sort of thinking without actually being scum this time. It's just too convenient a typo, really, and there's nothing to gain from looking that scummy, especially on day one; not from an actual townie, anyway.
Lenglon: If you're referring to Shinigami's claim earlier in the day that the probability of the two of you both being scum was low, that was a legitimate response to Gday's statements to that exact fact earlier in the same day. While you're right that it definitely leaves room to infer that he is scum, it leaves equal room to infer that you might be, too. However, Gday's slip was a flat-out admission of guilt through claiming adversity with town. There's a pretty big difference between the two.
Specifically what I'm seeing here is that you are claiming that my sentence was a deliberate statement of intent, rather than what it was; a typo.  You know this is bullshit, as you say in your post to griffinpup.  So why are you claiming that?  Are you trying to whip together a bandwagon?

Have you heard of a Freudian slip? You accidentally say something that you're thinking instead of what you should say. In this case, town instead of scum. Something can be a typo AND an admission of guilt under those conditions. All you have to do is think about your secret scum power roles, and realize how little you want them to be exposed, and BLAM... typing too fast will lead to your inserting "town" when you're thinking of your opponents. That's why I'm claiming that.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: May 27, 2013, 10:20:35 pm »

I'm pretty sure that I addressed this, already, too. What is your problem, Gday? Digging up buried hatchets to make old cases new again is not a charming trait. I'm not impressed, and I don't think anyone else is, either.

Scummy.  Don't play to the crowd unless you're making a final case for someone's lynch.

Shinigami_King

• Bay Watcher
  • My flavor text tastes like apples!
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: May 27, 2013, 11:51:06 pm »

Sorry Pup, I have actually been considering a replacement due to my time restraints but this is a BM so I want to stick through this all the way, especially because school is almost over for me. I have a new job and about half of my social studies to do within the next 3 weeks and I (try to) upload videos on youtube on a consistent basis so for the first time this year I am a bit busy.

To be honest, I said I would read through this entire thread over the weekend and I have only been able to make it to page 13.

What I can say about Lenglon's scummyness is that I am naturally paranoid. I think I might have jumped on the mob mentality as well. After looking over her posts from early game she seems actually less scummy. But as I said before, her scumhunting does seem to be lacking in this game.

Lenglon- What did you mean way back when, when you said "It's time for a new (or an old) tactic" or something like that?

I agree with vector on this one, ranger, the WIFOM you created is enough to get you lynched let alone your own scumtells. As far as Griffy's WIFOM now or WIFOM later idea, well I choose now just to get it out of the way.
"When the first living thing existed, I was there waiting. When the last living thing dies, my job will be finished. I'll put the chairs on the tables, turn out the lights and lock the universe behind me when I leave"
"Death is not a hunter unbeknownst to its prey. One is always aware that it lies in wait. Though life is merely a journey to the grave, it must not be undertaken without hope. Only then will a traveler's story live on, cherished by those who bid him farewell."

Griffionday

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: May 28, 2013, 12:05:55 am »

Demdemeh:
Obviously, there's still some suspicion on the other side, since Gday is voting me, now, and I think that that's a bit of an OMGUS at this point (as you so lovingly accused me of, GDay)
My understanding of OMGUSing is that it is voting someone in an attempt to get them off your back; and implies that you don't see any pressure or attempt to hunt behind the vote.  If you truly believed that this was the case in my read on you probably should not revert to mentioning it to others and press me on it.

I think you're accusing me of chainsawing you to protect Shinigami; which is complete rubbish and you know it.  My reason for pressing you was based on your presentation of your case and the assumptions you made in making your case against Shinigami and pressing griffinpup.

It would seem that I was saying that, yes. I think it's probably fairer to state that you were following up on griffinpup's points, which I think I answered rather well.
First of why did you decide to misinterpret my pressure on you as chainsawing?
Secondly; why the bolded comment?  The fact that I pressed you on your answers to griffinpup's posts should tell you exactly how well I think you answered them.

Let me ask again then: why did you copy griffinpup's questions press Shinigami when your own case was only "why did you defend Lenglon when you claimed he was scummy?"[Link]. 

Your case btw makes no sense if you paid attention to the chronology of Shinigami's defense of Lenglon, and then calling him scummy.  It sounds like you're being opportunistic and looking for places where you can manipulate people's statements and reads to paint them scummy wherever possible.

Shinigami's defense of Lenglon happened pretty early in the game, while I was still adjusting to the basics of this game. If you'd pay attention to the chronology of my own posts, you'd notice that.
My point about the chronology that you completely missed is that Shinigami's opinion of Lenglon changed between when he was defending her and when he was calling her scummy.  Additionally the shift was from white knight to scummy, not the reverse.  You're taking advantage of this fact in your pressure on Shinigami by ignoring his obvious shifts in opinion and instead claiming that he always held Lenglon to be scum.

In addition, there's little difference between "being opportunistic and looking for places where you can manipulate people's statements and reads to paint them scummy" and "feeling suspicious and discussing the parts of someone's statements that make you feel suspicious in order to put pressure on someone" as far as I can tell. Can you explain to me exactly what that difference is, and how what you're doing with my own statements isn't the same thing?
Your statements make no sense to me so I am forced to interpret them.  I have attempted to be crystal clear on precisely what I am interpreting what way, to give you a chance to correct me.  What I'm accusing you of, as previously mentioned, is ignoring a large body of Shinigami's work and attempting to use two isolated posts of his as if they were simultaneous.

I think griffionpup made it clear here that he wasn't attacking you over the actual act of voting shinigami and just over the fact that you hadn't provided reasons.  What made you so sure that your act of attacking Shinigami was the issue at hand?

I'm pretty sure that I addressed this, already, too. What is your problem, Gday? Digging up buried hatchets to make old cases new again is not a charming trait. I'm not impressed, and I don't think anyone else is, either. The aggressiveness of his statements, paired with his own attack with Shinigami, made me feel that it was a bizarre juxtaposition.
You failed to answer my question which was about the assumption you made about what griffinpup was pressing you on.

I did NOT ask you why you considered it odd. 

And you make no sense to me. That's the beauty of not seeing into each others' heads. There's a bit too much attempt at interpretation on your side, however... try to read the sentence as it's written, first. Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar.
I do actually.  And then in the 90% of cases where that doesn't work, I attempt to interpret most likely meaning.  Hence why I press you on something more than once and "dig up old hatchets": I need to be absolutely sure of what you are trying to say.

Honestly the day end was three days away (one and a half if you don't count weekends); and so I wasn't really paying attention to where you were in the charts.  Hammers are not in effect so it doesn't really matter, I will press scum where I see them.

Likewise.
Why the comment that you were at the top of the charts in pressure then?[Link]

I am not pressuring Cado. I'm pressuring you, and I've made my position clear: RC is untrustworthy.
This might just be you not playing the way I tend to, but why would you FoS him if you weren't pressuring him?  Attempting to look town?

Why did you only use this to defend your case on Shinigami rather than say; pressing him about it?

Once again, I was at a point of acclimatization at that point, and learning how to scumhunt. I was not itemizing the things I should attack people on and viciously pressing my case, as I obviously should be doing, according to some philosophies. This has already been addressed.
Fair.  Why did you include it in the points that you were "trying, but failing to make"?  Do you count bringing up something new on someone to protect yourself from accusations that you're just leaving your vote on someone without putting thought into it as trying to make a point?

Specifically what I'm seeing here is that you are claiming that my sentence was a deliberate statement of intent, rather than what it was; a typo.  You know this is bullshit, as you say in your post to griffinpup.  So why are you claiming that?  Are you trying to whip together a bandwagon?

Have you heard of a Freudian slip? You accidentally say something that you're thinking instead of what you should say. In this case, town instead of scum. Something can be a typo AND an admission of guilt under those conditions. All you have to do is think about your secret scum power roles, and realize how little you want them to be exposed, and BLAM... typing too fast will lead to your inserting "town" when you're thinking of your opponents. That's why I'm claiming that.
I'm aware of what Freudian slips are.  And if anyone made a typo that could be the result of them being scum and typing to fast to correct their language to town I would be jumping down their throats about it and forcing them to explain in excruciating detail precisely what was going through their minds.

That's not what I was commenting on.  What I was commenting on the fact was that you WEREN'T doing this to me, rather that you were saying "oh; look at this slip that Griffy made, doesn't it make him obviously scum to you?" in an attempt to get people who were previously pressuring you, to switch their votes to me; which seems desperate and scummy.  I mention that you know that it is bullshit as you NEVER pressed me on as I expect town would; instead you just "mention it obliquely at least once."  In other words, you "know" without having to read.  Ergo scum.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: BM XLI: Day 1, To Kill a Mockingbird
« Reply #459 on: May 28, 2013, 12:18:49 am »

Shinigami: do you mean this one? if so, that's from page 7, and you're lucky I even remember using that phrase.

My memory is fuzzy on the subject, but I'm pretty sure what I was saying was that I was switching from trying to get reads of where people would jump in WIFOM situations to more classical scumhunting tactics.
in other words time to switch to a tactic that is new for me, but old in general.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Shinigami_King

• Bay Watcher
  • My flavor text tastes like apples!
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: May 28, 2013, 12:25:21 am »

That was the one, thank you! I understood what you meant but I was curious what scumhunting techniques you were switching to and how much that would affect your style.
"When the first living thing existed, I was there waiting. When the last living thing dies, my job will be finished. I'll put the chairs on the tables, turn out the lights and lock the universe behind me when I leave"
"Death is not a hunter unbeknownst to its prey. One is always aware that it lies in wait. Though life is merely a journey to the grave, it must not be undertaken without hope. Only then will a traveler's story live on, cherished by those who bid him farewell."

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: May 28, 2013, 12:27:16 am »

at the time, i was switching to "attack attack attack". and my goal was simply to press anyone on anything that might maybe possibly could be scummy.
aka, flailing.

I've since come to the conclusion that it was a bad idea.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: May 28, 2013, 01:13:45 pm »

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: May 28, 2013, 05:56:10 pm »

I said I wanted to provide some basis of where I am standing, so I'll provide my thoughts on the current state of Day 1.

Captain Ford - Null - Due to his departure from the game, I'm not too keen on giving an opinion of him. He's cited being busy as a main part of his lack of posting up to he left, and I believe him on it. I'll have to judge his replacement to get anything solid.

Dariush - Scum - He's fishy… I don't like him. He's plotting against us, joyously flicking his fingers in delight with every keystroke. I'm onto you Dariush.

Demdemeh/Griffonday - Both Lean Scum - Both GriffonDay and  Demdemeh have not done anything to earn my trust, but neither has done nothing to fully incite my suspicion either. That said, I have an innate distrustful feelings toward the entire Griffonday/ Demdemeh dynamic. I'm wary of jumping into that argument, for it is a dark pit of no return. One of them is likely to be scum based on their arguments… It's just a matter of who.

Griffonpup - Town Lean - I have no qualms with the little Griff. He's tended to keep to the side of conflicts, while maintaining a moderately aggressive attitude. Griffonpup simply doesn't strike me as a scummy.

Lenglon - Town - I've heard whispers of Lenglon being scum on occasion, but I am not feeling a similar attitude. Her early dismissal of one of my earlier questions struck me as honest, and I have since struggled to find the same faults that others have found.

RangerCado: Null - I cannot be certain whether I can trust Ranger or not to be telling the truth. He's been defensive this entire game, without giving what I consider proper justification  for his actions.  There are many little quirks about him that simply bother me. His claim of the Cop has ultimately marked him for death, either at our hands or the hands of the Mafia. I would prefer to keep him alive for our first night, but I understand the calls to lynch him and be done with this WIFOM mess. Let the Town's will be done.

Shingami King - Town Lean - Much like in the case of Griffonpup, I have very few qualms against Shingami these days. I had judged him early on due to his behavior, but I have since given him the benefit of the doubt.

Vector - Town - Frankly, I'm not all to concerned with Vector. She's been doing her job as an IC, and that is that. Vector seems to take great care and pride into what she's doing, which is dissuading me from any assumptions she might be secretly scum.

As an afternote, I am ready for this day to reach a conclusion. It's been turbulent as hell.
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: May 28, 2013, 08:41:19 pm »

Votecount, please.

Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 51