Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 51

Author Topic: BM XLI: On Wings of Haven -- Scum Victory!  (Read 100265 times)

Demdemeh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: BM XLI: Day 1, To Kill a Mockingbird -- IC Replacement Requested
« Reply #435 on: May 26, 2013, 06:52:25 pm »

There are points that he made that are similar to the ones that I was trying, and failing, to make, yes. Specifically his reaction to active scumhunting and deliberately delaying his own, with a public admission. Does that help you, at all?

Griffionday

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: May 26, 2013, 07:12:43 pm »

Yeah, a bit.  Just to be completely sure: by "his" in the second sentence you are referring to Shinigami and not griffinpup?

Unfortunately I have to go get ready for tonight, I'll spend some time looking through your posts to me and responding to everything tonight if I get the chance, or early tomorrow if I don't.  If there is anything in particular you need me to answer, (or things that you feel I've clarified adiquatly) please let me know.  If not, I'll assume your two posts addressed to me yesterday [One and two] are representative of what your current opinion is, and what you want me to address.

Demdemeh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: May 26, 2013, 07:44:06 pm »

Yes. Shinigami and not griffinpup. So far, yes, those are my current opinions on the matter.

Shinigami_King

• Bay Watcher
  • My flavor text tastes like apples!
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: May 26, 2013, 11:38:03 pm »

For anyone curious, I have been busy all week. My sisters and brother are triplets so there birthday made me pretty busy. I am finally sitting down to read everything but I swear this is the longest D1 I have ever seen. (Is this natural?) Don't worry Pup, the main thing I want to do is answer your questions seeing as I feel confident in my read on Cado. I will continue to scumhunt however so that I will not be inactive. I was just taking a break over the weekend. Also cado, I never talk to you about mafia at school anyway. Are you trying to look like the good guy in this thread? It makes you look more suspicious. The most I have said to you about this game in school was simply when I told you that there was a new post or I didn't think your response was strong. Seriously, you are making yourself look awfully fishy to me.

Unrelated to thread.
I know I could tell you at school but I don't want to forget to tell you that there is no D&D on Wednesday again. I'll be busy.
"When the first living thing existed, I was there waiting. When the last living thing dies, my job will be finished. I'll put the chairs on the tables, turn out the lights and lock the universe behind me when I leave"
"Death is not a hunter unbeknownst to its prey. One is always aware that it lies in wait. Though life is merely a journey to the grave, it must not be undertaken without hope. Only then will a traveler's story live on, cherished by those who bid him farewell."

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: May 26, 2013, 11:40:54 pm »

Dude, send each other PMs for this business unrelated to the game >_>  We aren't a telegraph service.

As for the long D1... eh, it's not particularly surprising?  Days shouldn't be inflated, but yeah, this is pretty much standard.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Shinigami_King

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: May 27, 2013, 12:05:37 am »

The reason I didn't send a PM is because I feel like the PM's are super easy to miss. It takes me a few days at least to generally notice I have a message. Also, I am thoroughly surprised about this length. I thought most vanilla mafia games would take the same amount of pages as BM XL did.
"When the first living thing existed, I was there waiting. When the last living thing dies, my job will be finished. I'll put the chairs on the tables, turn out the lights and lock the universe behind me when I leave"
"Death is not a hunter unbeknownst to its prey. One is always aware that it lies in wait. Though life is merely a journey to the grave, it must not be undertaken without hope. Only then will a traveler's story live on, cherished by those who bid him farewell."

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: May 27, 2013, 12:44:30 am »

Vector: I'm still pretty uncertain regarding the lynch now or lynch later of ranger. I've noticed that you've left your vote on him. could you restate why?

Shinigami: Before Ranger's roleclaim, you promised us some explanations over the weekend. They have yet to materialize. please fix this.

By the way, Remember when I entered BM XL how I mentioned that I was shocked by how short it was? now you know why. also, a simple way to make sure you dont miss PMs is to set your profile to send you emails whenever you get PMd. assuming you check your email regularly anyway.

Ford:Understood, although if you dont get replaced soon I would benefit a lot from having that question I asked you Thursday answered. I feel like my hands are tied right now.

Pup:Under what conditions, assuming that there are no further roleclaims, would you lynch ranger? He seems very scummy to me, but I understand why people would want to keep a power role in the game.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Griffionday

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: May 27, 2013, 06:36:17 am »

Demdemeh:

As a personal favor please make it clear what points you are addressing with each sentence.  At the very least split your responses into paragraphs based on what point you are responding to.

Alright then; points that I feel need to be addressed:
And I came back from my "hiatus" well before your mistake. Weekends don't count, remember?
Fair;  I was wrong to accuse you of having taken 28 hours to answer my post, as with the weekend not being counted count it only took you ten hours; so my apologies there.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Specifically right here. I particularly appreciate your manufacturing the whole "good for town" angle, but I've already spoken on that.
Your exact words to Shinigami were "I appreciate your defending me, Shinigami."  The only reason I can see to "appreciate" some one defending you is if you are scum.  Hence the question: I wanted to know if you had another opinion about that that would give you a reason to appreciate him while acting in the interest of town.  As you seem to use appreciate less as a form of "gratefulness" and more as a form of "admire", I'm willing to let this one slid.

You should be glad, though. You've got me off Shinigami's back. Isn't that what you wanted?
I think you're accusing me of chainsawing you to protect Shinigami; which is complete rubbish and you know it.  My reason for pressing you was based on your presentation of your case and the assumptions you made in making your case against Shinigami and pressing griffinpup.

Isn't one of the major points to this game to unite town against a perceived member of the scum team and have him lynched? Should it matter to me that I'm not the one applying pressure to someone I believe is scum? I don't think it should. I think I should be glad to direct pressure where I feel it's due.
This is addressing me calling you out on not applying pressure on Shinigami yourself, and relying on re-posting griffinpup's questions to apply pressure.  Note how it does not actually address that; and rather is an excuse for not providing your own case.  Let me ask again then: why did you copy griffinpup's questions press Shinigami when your own case was only "why did you defend Lenglon when you claimed he was scummy?"[Link]. 

Your case btw makes no sense if you paid attention to the chronology of Shinigami's defense of Lenglon, and then calling him scummy.  It sounds like you're being opportunistic and looking for places where you can manipulate people's statements and reads to paint them scummy wherever possible.

As for my response to griffinpup, at the time his attack on me for my own suspicions against Shinigami was, I felt, a little over-the-top. My own response seemed to be actually a little lower-impact than the original attack.... In rereading his post, it is obvious that pup was after more than just my attacking Shinigami; he wanted to know my reasons. That's not quite the reverse, but it's not the same, either, so we're both wrong. And, to undermine your own foundation, I acknowledged that at the time, anyway.
I think griffionpup made it clear here that he wasn't attacking you over the actual act of voting shinigami and just over the fact that you hadn't provided reasons.  What made you so sure that your act of attacking Shinigami was the issue at hand?

I still rather think that some large portion of your misunderstanding of my statements is deliberate. You came onto me rather hot while I was at the top of the suspicion charts, and you're keeping it up in the face of this new scandal. Your little slip-up was quite telling, though, and while I don't know where RangerCado stands on the truth chart, I'm pretty sure at this point that you're just scum trying to manipulate the situation to your best advantage. It would help if your perceived meanings of my statements were closer to what was actually said, of course.
Sentence by sentence then:
My misunderstanding is based on the fact that you make no sense; as is hopefully evident by now.
Honestly the day end was three days away (one and a half if you don't count weekends); and so I wasn't really paying attention to where you were in the charts.  Hammers are not in effect so it doesn't really matter, I will press scum where I see them.
I'd like to point out that this is the only time you've mentioned the slip-up to my face (more on that in a bit).  Just so you know for future reference: you also weaken your pressure on Ranger here as you mention your doubt. 
It would help if you made any sense, of course.

I think that's all the points addressed to me. 
Now if you don't mind Demdemeh I have a couple more points that I want you to address (In addition to the ones made above).

There are points that he made that are similar to the ones that I was trying, and failing, to make, yes. Specifically his reaction to active scumhunting and deliberately delaying his own, with a public admission. Does that help you, at all?
Let's compare that to your actual pressure to Shinigami:
Not included: Shinigami delaying his scum hunting.  In the interest of completeness you DO mention this in your read on him when attempting to defend yourself from Ranger here.  Why did you only use this to defend your case on Shinigami rather than say; pressing him about it?

In your posts to griffinpup and Lenglon you make a rather odd claim:
Well, since GDay all but claimed mafia up there, and implied that you were a mafia power role with the whole "don't make all our power roles vulnerable to town" thing, I think it's natural to wonder if any other power roles are involved, don't you? Of course, GDay may very well BE mafia, and be attempting to bus you as the actual Town Cop, but that is, of course, WIFOM. As for myself, I think that I've gotten enough ammo lately to feel pretty strongly that GDay is scum, what with the rampant misinterpretation and attacking in the last posts addressed my way, and with the whole typo thing. That just seems like too much of a Freudian slip to me, and I don't think that it's likely that GDay has played enough scum roles in the past to justify that sort of thinking without actually being scum this time. It's just too convenient a typo, really, and there's nothing to gain from looking that scummy, especially on day one; not from an actual townie, anyway.
Lenglon: If you're referring to Shinigami's claim earlier in the day that the probability of the two of you both being scum was low, that was a legitimate response to Gday's statements to that exact fact earlier in the same day. While you're right that it definitely leaves room to infer that he is scum, it leaves equal room to infer that you might be, too. However, Gday's slip was a flat-out admission of guilt through claiming adversity with town. There's a pretty big difference between the two.
Specifically what I'm seeing here is that you are claiming that my sentence was a deliberate statement of intent, rather than what it was; a typo.  You know this is bullshit, as you say in your post to griffinpup.  So why are you claiming that?  Are you trying to whip together a bandwagon?

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: May 27, 2013, 01:19:17 pm »

Vector: I'm still pretty uncertain regarding the lynch now or lynch later of ranger. I've noticed that you've left your vote on him. could you restate why?

Mostly because the town takes a lot of energy to move once it has momentum in a particular direction, and I'm worried that... well, look.  If we have a bad lynch D1 because we formed up on Ranger and decided to give him clemency until D2, then speedy-quicklynch him then, we've pretty much wasted two days.  I'd rather potentially waste only one day.  I'd also rather not have tomorrow's lynch "called" if we get a replacement IC in.  We don't want to be screening that person at LYLO.

As for who I think the scumteam is, I'm currently guessing Demdemeh and Captain Ford.  But the fact is that I still can't read Cado well enough to rule him out, and this sort of thing is definitely something I think he'd pull as scum for maximum WIFOM.

So yeah.  I think that you should make your own decision, but these are my reasons.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: May 27, 2013, 02:10:33 pm »

After all the crap that has come up, I'm extremely uncertain of our next moves as a town. I wasn't expecting this first day to be so tedious. Until the role flip, I was certain Ranger was scum. Now we just have to wait and see.

One of the biggest issues that I'm wondering about with RangerCado, is whether we could trust his "finds" if he just so happens to live through the night. Even if he is still alive on Day 2, I'm not so certain that I could look past everything and believe him.

When I get some time I'll try to do an assessment of where I think everyone is standing so you guys have a better idea of my thought process. I haven't posting as much I was before, so I think the exercise woudld do me some good as well to get me back into the action.
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: May 27, 2013, 05:08:20 pm »

Massive post by the end of today. I've found some scum tells. (also, everyone go read the scum tells list on page 1. It really helps.)
The best ship is the one where one of them is literally allergic to the other~
Quote from: NakaTeleeli
"A room ain't messy less you can't find nothin!"
[/quote]

Shinigami_King

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: May 27, 2013, 05:15:16 pm »

Ranger, you better not be attacking me for chainsawing because I pointed out to you personally when I read it that "I think I've been doing that!" Just sayin. Don't use that crap on me, use something else creative and original  :P

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: May 27, 2013, 07:08:49 pm »

(Shinigami: There is an option that makes a pop-up show on screen when you have a message thats PMed)

If i live and get info through the night that someone is mafia, you have 2 options. Lynch me confirming my role claim and allowing for a mafia lynch tomorrow. Or lynch the person i say is mafia and confirm myself. I agree with whoever said that the real cop could just claim now and kill mafia me, making everyones job easier.

If i'm lynched today though, all you've done is lose the town a power role and a vote. Now, for some interesting information i've dug up. (Seriously, everyone should look through the usual scum tells, it will help a lot)
Shinigami has dropped the chainsaw scum tell, though he knows he did it and regrets it yet should explain why he did it still, I believe i could semi accuse Lenglon and Birdy for this. Both went on a bit of a fight against me for voting and pressuring Dem when he said he would get back to us but still hadn't appeared. I pushed Dem to come out and start posting, which he has now, and they questioned me why. So now its your turn, Why did you two attack me for wondering why Dem still hadn't come through on his promise?
Vector: So you believe that Dem is mafia... but are going to band wagon me because you can't get a good read on me... How is this helpful at all and why are you going for the easy lynch? You haven't even questioned Dem in awhile or me for that matter. You said you didn't want to interfere with the play day 1 too much so the newbies could work out most of their problems without relying on you. This does not give you the right to not scum hunt so start doing something besides giving advice from the sidelines... Wait a minute!!!

Deathsword talked like an IC to help distract and push people towards Borno.  Vector has given all of us plenty of advice and tips but always outside IC brackets which are used to indicate an attempted unbiased opinion. Vector, have you been manipulating us like puppets by giving advice from the sidelines? Why haven't you hunted as you normally do? If you believe Dem is scum, Vote and Pressure him! Get off the side lines Vector.
Dem: First up, never appreciate someone defending you unless its on stupidly bad grounds. Beret them and question them on why they're doing your job. You did neither of these despite being called out on it several times. Strike 1.

Second, you believe i can't be trusted on a successful find tomorrow because i could just be bussing my partner... How stupid do you believe these players are? The scum IC would have to be insane to even go along with that and why not just go with bussing me if i'm scum? Nows the perfect oppertunity since everyones after me and it'd be rather easy to justify my lynch. Me bussing my scum buddy if i were mafia day 2 wouldn't be good at all because as town, mafia would definately just start trying to kill me. The longer i live from there, the more confirmed Townies i get for town, the worse the last mafias situation would be, and if mafia didn't kill me day 3, i'd probably be lynched then with a final townie confirmed for them. Strike 2.

You have been tunnelling Griffy with a passion. Granted Birdy did this to me, but he knew something was up, just the wrong thing to be looking for. This tunnelling hasn't led anywhere from my position, and even made me think of Griffy as more towny. Where is this leading to? Have you found anything at all? Griffy has pointed out every problem with your postings, even conceded with your points that made sense. He's been completely forth coming and honest from what i can tell. Now i know that this list of accusations means nothing to you as you don't trust me at all, but atleast tell me what you've learned, if anything, about Griffy's alignment. Strike 3 my friend. Unvote.   Demdemeh.
The best ship is the one where one of them is literally allergic to the other~
Quote from: NakaTeleeli
"A room ain't messy less you can't find nothin!"
[/quote]

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: May 27, 2013, 07:50:31 pm »

Vote standings:

• RangerCado(3) - Shinigami_King, Vector, Lenglon
  • Griffionday(1) - Demdemeh
  • Lenglon(0) -
  • birdy51(0) -
  • griffinpup(0) -
  • Demdemeh(2) - RangerCado, Griffionday
  • Shinigami_King(0) -
  • Vector(0) -
  • Captain Ford(0) -
  • Not Voting(3) - griffinpup, birdy51, Captain Ford

Captain Ford has requested a Replacement!

Day 1 has begun and will end at May 29, 2013. [Wednesday] 9:00 pm [GMT//UTC +8]

Extension requests: 0
Shorten requests: 0

4 votes needed to extend the day
5 votes needed to shorten the day

Praise be, for Think's LurkerTracker!

A cold wind wafts through the room as the silence of the background settles in. The game has stalled and the Keeper hasn't returned.

The reason I didn't send a PM is because I feel like the PM's are super easy to miss. It takes me a few days at least to generally notice I have a message. Also, I am thoroughly surprised about this length. I thought most vanilla mafia games would take the same amount of pages as BM XL did.
Nope. Everyone on a forum, when receiving a PM, will get their My Messages area lit up with a nice bracket and the number of new, unread PMs received ^^

So go send PMs, just make it not related to the game, please. (I trust you two know each other IRL, right? Please don't share in-game knowledge there >_> <_< Thanks! :D)

griffinpup

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: May 27, 2013, 08:11:40 pm »

Pup:Under what conditions, assuming that there are no further roleclaims, would you lynch ranger? He seems very scummy to me, but I understand why people would want to keep a power role in the game.
When I believe him to be scum. I'm sorry I couldn't give you a better answer on this, but this is too situation specific to give an overall answer.

Shinigami  You have yet to answer my questions, and haven't even given an explanation.  I gave you the weekend and most of Monday.  You have posted multiple times in that time period, but my questions remain unanswered.  What sorry excuse do you have this time, scum?
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 51