Haspen
- 12 (30.8%)
IWBTG
- 9 (23.1%)
I'm scared
- 9 (23.1%)

Total Members Voted: 20

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 38

Author Topic: (RPG) Mushroom Kingdom Wars: Second Story OOC: Over and out  (Read 46802 times)

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (RPG) Mushroom Kingdom Wars: Second Story OOC Thread
« Reply #90 on: May 17, 2013, 02:05:06 pm »

It's hard to say at this point. I'm hoping to make up for the low Stache rates by having armor be counted as equipment instead of just weaponry. Plus, evasion, like anything, can be increased by various Ability Paths (for example, expect Zach to probably have the highest evasion eventually due to his speed motif).

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: May 17, 2013, 02:10:38 pm »

Damm. The mages are so close to the stairs.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: May 17, 2013, 02:11:34 pm »

True. Thanks for letting me pick your brain a bit about the system, hope to see it in action soon.

EDIT: Completely forgot the weapon triangle. Hm, with that I see this game is really geared towards making tactical decisions. I like it, in FE there's a point where you can completely forget weapon triangles as stats made it not matter anymore, and that always rather annoyed me because its essentially brute-forcing past the tactical part. With this though, it matters even in the late game.

EDIT MK II: No healing items/abilities on the team... Well, I predict a death in the prologue.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2013, 02:33:41 pm by Xanmyral »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: May 17, 2013, 02:50:56 pm »

((Because they ran away, as was clearly stated. Please keep OOC chatter in the OOC thread.))
So they made it the rest of the way out before the first turn started? Good for them.

((Also, sorry.))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: May 17, 2013, 04:13:10 pm »

I find it almost amusing that me, a mage has the joint highest hp. Guess Im gonna have to act as a wall or something for a little bits.
But yeah, as long as we're careful, none of us should die.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: May 17, 2013, 04:26:07 pm »

Famous last words.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: May 17, 2013, 04:35:58 pm »

Math time!

Fair enough. How high do you suspect stats to get? I ask because it seems that a dodge will usually be unlikely, specially so if the enemies pack an accurate weapon, unless modified by terrain. I suspect you did such for that same reason, emphasis on tactical positioning instead of relying on being able to dodge anything.

Well, Boothany has 10 Stache and +30 Eva from the triangle against basic goombas attacks, along with their -5% weapon acc she's got a 45% to dodge right off the bat.

All around, I can reliably dodge half of their attacks and it would take about 4 hits to take me out non withstanding.

A single hit from the mage would take me down 9 HP and then one goomba attack would knock me out.

Kammy would only hit me for 7 and would KO me on a crit obviously. I've only got a 30% chance to the dodge the void spheres of either of them.

Offense wise I can take out a Goomba minion reliably in two hits doing 7 damage to them, and they can't dodge my attacks at all.
The Goomba mage I would need a total of four hits, only doing 4 damage a pop.
Hilariously, I cannot harm Kammy Koopa at all, except on a crit.

So heres my plan if anybody wants to listen.

Sorry if it sounds like I'm trying to mastermind everything, this is just how I would do it if I was controlling you all :P

Round 1.

Teressa activates Battle Cry-this should get everybody, I believe. +1 to defs and offenses.

We pretty much line up at the stairs and see if anyone one of them is dumb enough to rush us. No single attack will defeat anyone, and even if the mage jumps in no one is terribly likely to be koed but me. Now, we're actually giving time for Ochita to get closer to the Goomba mage for reasons outlined below.

Commander Toadsworth will probably be pretty heavily damaged, but he cant die and he'll either kill a goomba for us or take Kammy to half life.

Round 2!

This assumes the shrooms maintain a defensive position and do not rush us.

Mages are a pain. Ochita runs up and trades blasts with the Goomba mage. He'll do about 5 damage and take 8 in return. But he has a 50% chance to dodge this. Anyone else aside from Ochita facing the Mage will be fair much, much worse.

But this leaves open Vilhelmas Astrauckas (Powder Miner) to take the Goomba Mage out in one more smash-he's the only one who does enough damage to do it.

Now, counterattacks? Even if Kammy manages Ochita from the corner after he's taken a hit from Goomba mage, she can't kill him, since she can only do 5 damage after trianlge. 5+8=13/18. The other Goombas cannot reach him.

Vilhelmas is in a tight spot, since he can take two goomba hits barely, but a goomba hit and a Kammy hit will KO him perfectly. So bring in the speedsters! Bethany Boo/BOOthany (Dwarmin) and Inezach (Shoruke) take the spaces 3,8 now unoccupied by a mage, and 4,8. We can choose to flatten the GoomD together if he's still standing there. Only Ochita and possibly me or sho have taken retaliation damage if we choose to attack. None of which puts us in danger zone given the tight space. Whoever takes 3,8 is going to put themselves at the most risk but nearly all of us can survive a goomba hit and a kammy hit except Vil.

Tere and Tanky have the easier job, and run up the left stairs to clean up either Kammy or the rest of the Goombas. Between them and Toadsworth there might not even be anyone left after that. They might alternately have to clear out any shrooms that rush down the right stairs, to clear space for the rest of us to do our thing.

It'll be over by round 3, either way.

I cannot account for mad RNG ruining all my plans or the fact FFS knows exactly what we would be doing, btw. Kammy can always Crit with her weapon, or someone could miss horribly. At which point casualties are pretty much inevitable, but thats the game. :P

"Let's protect the toads, if we can! And box the goombas in!"
Inezach moves right 2, up 4, then right 1, and kicks Goomba D (in the face)

I won't tell you what to do really, but if both mages fire on you, all it take is one Goomba stomp to finish you-which might happen if you get retaliated upon. Given we can't kill them all or block them off, I can't hope for your chances.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2013, 04:40:31 pm by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: May 17, 2013, 04:37:37 pm »

So, 6 of us, and 6 of them. Assuming that a given PC is stronger than a mook NPC goomba, we should be able to just brute-force this, since it's the prologue.
On the other hand, tactics ftw, so yeah let's take a turn to set our schist up. Chokepoints awaaay~
« Last Edit: May 17, 2013, 04:40:19 pm by shoruke »
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: May 17, 2013, 04:43:14 pm »

So, 6 of us, and 6 of them. Assuming that a given PC is stronger than a mook NPC goomba, we should be able to just brute-force this, since it's the prologue.
On the other hand, tactics ftw, so yeah let's take a turn to set our schist up. Chokepoints awaaay~

Yeah, but that Goomba Mage is a ranged powerhouse and two-three attacks from any source will kill about any of us. GoombaMage+Kammy+Goomba is death. I honestly want to take it out without it firing a shot if we can, or funneling it so if it does attack, no other enemy can jump on.

Mathematically, we reduce the chance of a death this way.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2013, 04:45:21 pm by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: May 17, 2013, 04:47:38 pm »

On the other hand, whoever goes to attack Kammy in melee is leaving themselves open to get swarmed, hard.
So my first instinct is to have Zach go all the way for the Goomba on the far right and hope someone holds up his flank...
But if we can hold them back using the stairs as chokepoints until we outnumber them brutally, nobody's taking more than a couple hits in a turn, since their magic has only 2 range. And with a Charged attack I can probably 1shot one of the Goombas so we can rush through their line on round 2.

Also, I think Ochita just moved into a wall. Did you mean east instead of west?
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: May 17, 2013, 04:50:46 pm »

y

yes I did aaughhhhh changing action to represent where Im actually going.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: May 17, 2013, 04:52:23 pm »

@Shoruke: Which is why we should all attack on the same turn, hopefully killing the Goombamage or even Kammy herself when we attack. Unfortunately, a few of us are not exactly in position to help.

Of course, this is all made moot since Toadsworth can almost kill their entire army by himself. Though that denies us XP. If Ochita just wants to hammer Kammy like his turn suggests, she'll go down pretty easy and there wont be much for the rest of us to do but cleanup :P
« Last Edit: May 17, 2013, 04:58:01 pm by Dwarmin »

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: May 17, 2013, 04:59:01 pm »

Unfortunately, a few of us are not exactly in position to help.
Yeah, that's key right there. I can get there and start thwacking away on turn one, but I'd be in the middle of a melee all on my own and get pwnt. So, gonna set up a defensive line for one turn, our ranged attackers can stand behind ser shroomsalot up there and start whittling away at Kammy, and on turn 2, we all CHAERG

Mental note, must let the low-SPD friends get into position before rushing the enemy >.>
« Last Edit: May 17, 2013, 05:08:06 pm by shoruke »

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: May 17, 2013, 05:08:52 pm »

If this has already been answered, derp on me.

Does a unit in melee range affect the ranged abilities of an enemy?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: May 17, 2013, 05:43:42 pm »

I will wait for the others to move, but I probably will leave Tanky behind Worth.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 38