Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 20

Author Topic: The Banners of Heart: ☼Masterwork the Fortress☼  (Read 34139 times)

Panopticon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Banners of Heart: ☼Masterwork the Fortress☼
« Reply #180 on: July 18, 2013, 12:09:32 am »

Fall is boring so far, Witch Terrordominate was ressurected, this bothers me and I will keep my eye on him.

My quarters are finished, nothing fancy, just a tastefully decorated office, dining room, bedroom and tomb.

Noticed a bunch more unfinished bedrooms, I had more windows made so they fit the theme of the others and got em set up. Also began digging out the space for a couple of them magic buildings, the Bloodsteel trap parts are almost finished so might as well start building.

Short update today, it's been chugging, we just hit late Autumn so I am sure the usual siege or whatever will provide some distraction soon

Brilliand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: July 18, 2013, 12:48:48 am »

Witch Terrordominate needs to become some sort of a battle mage.  How old is he?
The blood of our enemies is but a symbol.  The true domain of Armok is magma - mountain's blood.

Panopticon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: July 18, 2013, 01:05:18 pm »

He is five months old, he worships Plague, the god of murder, death, war, and fortresses.
His mother is Citadel Familyoar, one of our Lifemancers.
He likes Burning Skulls for their burning hate, like to drink Hell Wine, and detests crows.
I guess there is nothing for it but to make him an evil sorcerer when he comes of age.

Panopticon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: July 18, 2013, 02:46:39 pm »

Minor ambush by rattlesnake people, our Guardian of Armok saw them off sharpish.

We have an artifact hatch cover now, it is made of Oricalchum.

The military is passing the time giving ridiculous names to their axes and shields.

Observers tell me we have some form of attackers in the caverns, there is no way for them to get in here from there so I don't actually care.

We have a caravan, let's see who attacks it.

Ah, Warlocks, forward the javalin tossers, I think the caravan is on its own though.

That went ok I suppose, the Guardian dealt harshly with a couple who got too close and the rest started a grass fire and died in that, the caravan is coming in without trouble.

Chaos Dwarfs! I suspect they will get caught in the fires but the Legion is assembled by the gates.
That was apparently the last straw for the Caravan, they turned around and are heading out now, cowards.

I take it back, looks like they lost a couple wagonloads of stuff before running, we are picking it up now, looks like we get a Hellfire Turret to play with now.

Winter is upon us

Panopticon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: July 19, 2013, 02:20:50 pm »

Update coming later today, however I have a question: Does anyone know if artifacts ever stop burning?

arclance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: July 19, 2013, 04:15:09 pm »

Update coming later today, however I have a question: Does anyone know if artifacts ever stop burning?
I believe they burn until you put them out with water.
Since they don't take damage they don't degrade away to nothing when on fire and can't melt.
I think that might be one of the most dwarfen contraptions I've ever seen the blueprints of.
The Bloodwinery v1.3.1 | Dwarven Lamination v1.5 | Tileset Resizer v2.5 - Mac Beta Tester Needed
Sigtext

Panopticon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: July 19, 2013, 05:00:08 pm »

Looks like we are a going to be a Barony now.

Aaaannd the courtyard is on fire, my only guess is that someone brought an item in from outside, possibly the animal trainer who just burned to death.

The fire spreads to the Drake and unicorn herds, there is also booze stored up there, this should be good.

About half the Unicorn herd is on fire, but not dead, most of the rest of the fire has died out with no harm done to anyone else, or with any booze explosions on the surface, so go us!

Smoke constantly billows from a Craft workshop on the surface, I suspect the artifact Baritone, Cloudconfederation. It is made of wood and thus may burn eternally, I have authorized the use of the Weather Control Device to bring the rains in hopes of quenching it.

A great deal of bone crafts in the workshop have burned away, enraging perhaps half a dozen crafters.

Cloudconfederation continues to burn, annoying all nearby.

The Guardian beat up some more snake people.

The Drow are here! let's see what attacks them, I have moved the Legion to alert.

The Drow are in turn ambushed by their more evil kin, I think we can let them fight it out and mop up the winners.

Well that was larger than expected, but lacking any magic or ranged weapons, the Deep Drow fell quickly to our Legion juggernauts. We may even get to trade this season as I don't think the civilian Drow took any hits.

Trading went well, picked up a Giant Dingo, a Dragon Raptor, and more Fungiwood than we will ever use probably.

I have been granted the rank of Baron, this combined with my Overseer position makes me the OverBaron!

Aaand it's time for me to hand over the overseer position to the next in line, well it's been a good run at least

That's it! I will upload the save as soon as DFFD comes back up.

Edit: and here it is: http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=7846
« Last Edit: July 19, 2013, 05:26:18 pm by Panopticon »

Brilliand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: July 20, 2013, 11:43:04 pm »

I think quenching that artifact is going to take a platform built into the air, with a pond zone directly over the artifact.
The blood of our enemies is but a symbol.  The true domain of Armok is magma - mountain's blood.

jimboo

• Bay Watcher
  • Bastart
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: July 21, 2013, 07:29:06 am »

The fire seems to go out after two days of game time.  The smoke cloud dissipates, revealing the craftsdwarf’s workshop where it’s located among all those piles of Elf blood and vomit.

1) What is with the custodial staff in this place?   It’s not like there are so many poison-coated weapons to protect.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=125630.msg4366175#msg4366175
(But just checking – and it is a colorful map – removing the 4,000 items of contaminants with DFHack has absolutely no effect on FPS.)

2) Isn’t it about time to start planning some outstandingly Stupid Dwarf Project?  I had some ideas for The Eternal Flame (if magma is the solution to every dorf problem …) but, wasn’t even time for a poll. 
Good walls make for good neighbors. -- Urist Frost
Avatar photo credit: NomeDaBoy@Worth1000.com, reposted from BoingBoing.net (great site)

Brilliand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: July 21, 2013, 08:00:11 am »

How about a cave-in-based aerial bombardment system covering the entire map?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #190 on: July 21, 2013, 08:48:56 am »

How about opening and conquering cavern lvl3? ;)

I am just curious and surprised that we have 200 inhabitants and are not dead yet. That alone is a nice trick.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

vastaghen12

• Bay Watcher
  • [BIOME_SUPPORT: ANY_COMPUTER:1]
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: July 21, 2013, 09:39:05 am »

So this should be my turn, however I have been having problems with my desktop and well, i am unable to play. I guess its Insgrim turn then.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #192 on: July 21, 2013, 09:54:23 am »

I updated the first post and wrote insgrim a PM.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Panopticon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: July 21, 2013, 01:17:14 pm »

About 207 inhabitants if I remember correctly, as well as a Swordsdwarf that I think died during a caravan attack and was resurrected, he is marked friendly and seems to be happy standing out in the middle of the field.

Also if we didn't have a Lifemancer I think we'd be down to perhaps 190.

ajr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: July 22, 2013, 08:52:09 am »

Praise Armok!!! We have found eternal life!
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 20