Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 20

Author Topic: The Banners of Heart: ☼Masterwork the Fortress☼  (Read 34116 times)

Godlysockpuppet

• Bay Watcher
  • [Insert wit here]
    • View Profile
Re: The Banners of Heart: ☼Masterwork the Fortress☼
« Reply #210 on: July 28, 2013, 09:38:56 am »

Whoo for 4 months of summer holidays.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #211 on: July 28, 2013, 10:01:34 am »

Hehe... I am currently at month #75 of my vacation. :P

But we still need players. If neither jimboo nor godlysockpuppet have the time/will/FPS...
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Panopticon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: July 28, 2013, 01:09:52 pm »

I don't really want a second year in a row myself, plus i am experimenting with the new version now, I dunno what we could do here.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #213 on: July 28, 2013, 01:48:37 pm »

I am busy modding and travelling. The new workshops are fun to do, I might even upload another update this week. But my netbook cant cope with 200+ dwarves.

I'm sure something will come up. :)
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

chaosgear

• Bay Watcher
  • Pants-on-head retarded
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: July 28, 2013, 07:49:51 pm »

Holy heck, The Fortress lives on!

I've been lurking around for some time, and if you're really desperate for players, I'd be up for a second turn. I'm not sure how well my laptop could handle The Fortress as is, but if you're really desperate, I'd happily give it a go.
I always seem to end up with a magnificent burial complex and nowhere near enough bodies to fill it, or far too many bodies and nowhere to put any of them.

jimboo

• Bay Watcher
  • Bastart
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: July 28, 2013, 08:37:39 pm »

Go for it.  Maybe butcher some of the unnecessary livestock and zone restrict some areas to see how it affects FPS.  Breaching another cavern is all but guaranteed to bring additional sieges (walled off or not) which will impact pathfinding.
Good walls make for good neighbors. -- Urist Frost
Avatar photo credit: NomeDaBoy@Worth1000.com, reposted from BoingBoing.net (great site)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #216 on: July 28, 2013, 09:39:39 pm »

I wouldnt say that we are desperate for players... its just that we have a 200+ dwarf fort, safe, with a lot of food and drink, good gear, no problems, and we have absolutely no idea what to do with all of them. ^^

Talanic

• Bay Watcher
  • Struggling author / pizza delivery guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: July 29, 2013, 02:56:09 am »

Hrm.  It occurs to me that my dungeon fort idea might have some merit as something to spring on a fort that looks to have gone complacent.

Too late to do it here, alas, but with modding preparation one could dig out, stock, then un-reveal a hostile fortress.  The first time I did it, the dungeon fort was the focus of the map, which flopped as a community fort; nobody actually took a turn. 
I'm an aspiring Science Fiction and Fantasy writer.  I'm telling the tale of a hapless cyborg everyman lost in a savage fantasy world.

My first review from a real magazine!

jimboo

• Bay Watcher
  • Bastart
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: July 29, 2013, 10:48:58 am »

I wouldnt say that we are desperate for players... its just that we have a 200+ dwarf fort, safe, with a lot of food and drink, good gear, no problems, and we have absolutely no idea what to do with all of them. ^^

I think you nailed it.  There have been two updates since this version and they have interesting new stuff.  There are only so many hours in the day to PW.   :)  I’m trying to learn v.3d in “full Meph” mode and my dorfs are busy just trying to survive and boil enough hooves to have library paste.  After chaosgear breaches the third cavern, perhaps the floor should be opened for SDP suggestions? 
Good walls make for good neighbors. -- Urist Frost
Avatar photo credit: NomeDaBoy@Worth1000.com, reposted from BoingBoing.net (great site)

Brilliand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: July 30, 2013, 12:26:58 am »

There's always trying to mine all of the adamantine.
The blood of our enemies is but a symbol.  The true domain of Armok is magma - mountain's blood.

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: July 30, 2013, 02:26:33 pm »

Armok needs a megaconstruction: I suggest a 100z lvl scale model of a working loo.  Perhaps a washbasin with hot and cold running water as well?  Plumbing should "flush" into hell, to nourish the demons there.
L33tsp34k does to English what Picasso did to faces.

Dwarfopoly
The Luckiest Tourist EVER
Bloodlines of the Forii

Isngrim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: August 03, 2013, 12:13:13 pm »

hey,i got the download,sorry it took so long (cant get to the library often lately,been busy),ill try and get the save uploaded after i finish but i may need to be skipped . :'(

Armok needs a megaconstruction: I suggest a 100z lvl scale model of a working loo.  Perhaps a washbasin with hot and cold running water as well?  Plumbing should "flush" into hell, to nourish the demons there.
sounds like fun don't forget a lid held up by supports wouldn't want hell rats climbing up through the plumbing.
08:43 PM The wild animals and insects sang a merry tune and the trees performed a dance. I know you're trying to cheer me up, Vishnu, but that was actually a bit creepy.-Rhons

ajr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: August 03, 2013, 12:23:34 pm »

But who's after you isngrim?

Isngrim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: August 03, 2013, 12:27:31 pm »

i wouldnt have a clue,im currently unziping master work so i can start playing now,i got an hour and a half left so i might have a bit up before i leave the library (might)
08:43 PM The wild animals and insects sang a merry tune and the trees performed a dance. I know you're trying to cheer me up, Vishnu, but that was actually a bit creepy.-Rhons

Brilliand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: August 05, 2013, 12:50:41 am »

sounds like fun don't forget a lid held up by supports wouldn't want hell rats climbing up through the plumbing.

Buildingdestroyers won't smash supports, if that's what you meant.  Obsidianizing liquid spawners would probably work, though, as would a "drop all the supports" lever.
The blood of our enemies is but a symbol.  The true domain of Armok is magma - mountain's blood.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 20