Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 20

Author Topic: The Banners of Heart: ☼Masterwork the Fortress☼  (Read 34119 times)

Brilliand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Banners of Heart: ☼Masterwork the Fortress☼
« Reply #195 on: July 23, 2013, 01:37:01 am »

I see we've reached the last player on the list.  Time to mention this in some other Masterwork threads again?  We could also start signing up for repeat turns...
The blood of our enemies is but a symbol.  The true domain of Armok is magma - mountain's blood.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #196 on: July 23, 2013, 01:43:45 am »

I surely cant play this on my netbook, but we can ask people that skipped if they would like a second chance.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

ajr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: July 23, 2013, 04:36:45 am »

I surely cant play this on my netbook, but we can ask people that skipped if they would like a second chance.

I agree with this line.'

And I somehow like this fortress.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #198 on: July 27, 2013, 06:59:54 am »

I got no reply so far, so ajr, would you like your second try now?  Otherwise I will write all those that skipped, and make a post in the masterwork forum.

On the other hand I am quite disappointed by the architecture of the fort... no grand designs anywhere. And a new mod version is out. Tempting to start a new one, but not before this one is done. One way or another. ;)
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Godlysockpuppet

• Bay Watcher
  • [Insert wit here]
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: July 27, 2013, 07:05:06 am »

I'll make the fort beautiful. I love grand architectural designs :) I should upload some pictures of the forts I have...

jimboo

• Bay Watcher
  • Bastart
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: July 27, 2013, 08:10:58 am »

How about opening and conquering cavern lvl3? ;)

The RAWs show some interesting things down there but I can’t tell if they’re already enabled or “someday stuff” for a future release.  A cavern is already breached, there shouldn’t be a quantum change in FPS.  RE: a Grand Design, Beautiful Fortress – no reason they can’t be done together, or the 3rd cavern breached with style.   :)

Breaching the Third Cavern: I second the motion.  All in favor?
Good walls make for good neighbors. -- Urist Frost
Avatar photo credit: NomeDaBoy@Worth1000.com, reposted from BoingBoing.net (great site)

Godlysockpuppet

• Bay Watcher
  • [Insert wit here]
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: July 27, 2013, 03:40:29 pm »

How about opening and conquering cavern lvl3? ;)
Breaching the Third Cavern: I second the motion.  All in favor?
God wills it

Brilliand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: July 27, 2013, 05:15:33 pm »

I expect it to be too easy to be our "stupid dwarf project", but yes, we should definitely do that sooner rather than later.
The blood of our enemies is but a symbol.  The true domain of Armok is magma - mountain's blood.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #203 on: July 27, 2013, 09:11:42 pm »

Protip: Take vermin-hunters down with you.

Anyway, we have no players. We have a long list of people that skipped... so, ajr, ready for your second turn? Or Godlysockpuppet, or maybe even you jimboo? Ready for the caverns?

Godlysockpuppet

• Bay Watcher
  • [Insert wit here]
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: July 28, 2013, 02:54:11 am »

Anyway, we have no players. We have a long list of people that skipped... so, ajr, ready for your second turn? Or Godlysockpuppet, or maybe even you jimboo? Ready for the caverns?
Hmm.. I suppose I do have two days before I leave to spain for the whole month of august.... I could take my turn now or then?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #205 on: July 28, 2013, 03:05:24 am »

Why not play in spain? I am in Indonesia, I fly to Malaysia tomorrow, and I am still around. ;)

Godlysockpuppet

• Bay Watcher
  • [Insert wit here]
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: July 28, 2013, 04:29:30 am »

Why not play in spain? I am in Indonesia, I fly to Malaysia tomorrow, and I am still around. ;)
My laptop broke so I only have a desktop PC. I doubt I'll be taking that to spain ;)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #207 on: July 28, 2013, 05:10:00 am »

I doubt with only 1 month vacation that you'd play much PC anyway. ;)

Godlysockpuppet

• Bay Watcher
  • [Insert wit here]
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: July 28, 2013, 05:27:35 am »

Haha too true :) It sucks. My laptop broke (Fried the motherboard) and a week later I fried my phone :( (It's a samsung galaxy s3, was tweaking its' voltage settings and fried it too... I keep frying everything I touch :'( )

jimboo

• Bay Watcher
  • Bastart
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: July 28, 2013, 08:51:42 am »

Thanks for the offer but the save starts at 29 FPS on my laptop and is likely to go down a bit with the next cavern.  jimboo the Brewer would have to spend a year as jimboo the Janitor since SoundSense turns into SoundNonSense for me around 30.  After Gamelord’s earlier comment, I started a learning fortress .v3c “full Meph” with the maybe-not-so-Stupid Dwarf Project of optimizing FPS; so far (4 yrs), I have self-sufficiency, 145 dorfs and an FPS of 85, ~ 100 animals, mostly steel-clad and those bitchin’ TuskOx (my best warriors, by far).  The Wiki pages on FPS are good but could maybe be updated; temperature fluctuations of evaporation are quite minor.  Flow, Pathfinding and “Stuff to Count” seem to be the main drivers.  I’ll post more when it’s quantified.  Besides, I’d like to see Godlysockpuppet’s version of a ‘beautiful fortress’ then maybe Round Two for previous players is a good idea. 

Only Europeans would ever say “only a month of vacation.”   :)
Good walls make for good neighbors. -- Urist Frost
Avatar photo credit: NomeDaBoy@Worth1000.com, reposted from BoingBoing.net (great site)
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 20