Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 142

Author Topic: [DWARF] - Bug reports and known issues.  (Read 190874 times)

nosre

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: [DWARF] - Bug reports and known issues.
« Reply #165 on: May 23, 2013, 07:11:55 am »

I downloaded v3a, unzipped, ran the launcher, changed absolutely nothing, and started up a fortress with all default settings.  For some reason, when designating, my mouse clicks are now setting box corners instead of free-drawing.  It's as if, when I left click, I was pressing enter to set the edges of a box.
This is probably a setting somewhere, but I didn't change anything so I don't know where or how to change it.  It wasn't like this with v3 a week ago.  Help please :)

I'm just guessing here, but that could be the new mousequery plugin. Try downgrading to the previous version that worked for you in MW 3.0 (you can found the file in \Masterwork\Dwarf fortress\hack\plugins) or upgrading to the newest version and see if this fixes it for you.
Newest version can be found here: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=125618.0

That was it!  The latest one had the same problem, so I pulled mousequery.plug.dll out of the v3 folder and copied it to the v3a install and that fixed the problem.  Thanks :) :)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #166 on: May 23, 2013, 07:59:18 am »

nosre: I think its more of a feature then a bug.

fricy/CheeseHolePete: thanks, is noted. A simple copy+paste error.

fungus: That can happen if the way to the depot is extremely long... but they will always finish unloading, they cant start packing before... even if its just 1 tick in between. But usually trading is the same as in vanilla, except that you might have several caravans arriving at the same time.

werdna: The siege-behaviour is intended normally, but not for the batmen. That is indeed a pathfinding bug, nothing I can do about it. I thought about replacing the batmen with the Skaven anyway. Either them or the Gremlins.

Corundum: Thanks, its noted. I talk to the author of the dfhack script, its nothing I can affect.

Chaz85: I think they are actually extracts, no? They are definetly not alcoholic drinks, and dwarves wont use those.

lukstra: Babys can be possessed as well, lets just leave it with 'magic'. I cant mod it better. ^^ About the battlecries: I can reduce the range to 1-2 tiles, that should help a lot.

vastaghen12: Wow, thanks... that is really bad, actually. I will have to give elves another metal then, or an 'elven mithril' or something like that. Or back to the previous ironbark/steeloak. I will talk with smake about it.

westamastaflash: Has been reported before, but I think I found a solution for it. :) I can definetly fix it. :)

Anything I missed?
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: May 23, 2013, 10:12:19 am »

vastaghen12: Wow, thanks... that is really bad, actually. I will have to give elves another metal then, or an 'elven mithril' or something like that. Or back to the previous ironbark/steeloak. I will talk with smake about it.

However you want to solve it is fine!... My only thoughts are (1) for orc fortress it's good if the elves are tough, so as long as they have some good material it is fine. (2) looted elves were our primary source of mithril (orcs can only do a couple damasc reactions with mithril ore, not smelt it to bars), so some reactions will need to be reworked -- primarily stuff with stolen elvish tech like enchanted arrows or the treesinger's pagoda.  Of course I can change those reactions to use different reagents if mithril becomes rare or no longer is an elven thing.  My new mod elves are still planning to use mithril, but that's a different story.

.. There was a time when elves were set up to have steeloak and ironoak but it didn't work anymore because those are wood materials, and I believe elves are no longer set to use wood weapons.  And now the end product at the timberyard is of course plain old "steel" metal, not "steeloak" metal bars.

Asva

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: May 23, 2013, 11:00:16 am »

Small tweak for stonesense. Adds colored bricks from MDF.
Spoiler: "What?" (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: "How?" (click to show/hide)

sayke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: May 23, 2013, 04:03:30 pm »

@meph, @smake - please keep the elves with mithril! it's like *the* elvish thing =D why don't they bring it exactly? can't they be given it indirectly?
i play the incredibly awesome Masterwork DF mod - a wonderful blend of simplicity and new features that actually improves FPS!

CheeseHolePete

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: May 23, 2013, 09:53:17 pm »

So I had her leave the craftsdwarf guild and then I made SURE i qued up jewelers guild this time, but alas, she became a craftsdwarf member once again.

Anyone else have this problem?

Yes, there is a typo in the guild reaction, females will be transformed into craftdwarves instead of jewelers. You can fix it by opening interaction_guild.txt found in your save folder, finding this block: (line 131-143), and editing the red line.

[INTERACTION:TRANSFORM_GUILD_JEWELER_F]
   [I_TARGET:A:CREATURE]
      [IT_LOCATION:CONTEXT_CREATURE]
      [IT_MANUAL_INPUT:self]
   [I_EFFECT:ADD_SYNDROME]
      [IE_TARGET:A]
      [IE_IMMEDIATE]
      [SYNDROME]
      [CE_BODY_TRANSFORMATION:PROB:100:START:0:END:8400]
      [CE:CREATURE:GUILD:INTERMEDIATE]
      [SYN_CLASS:\PERMANENT]
      [SYN_CLASS:DWARF]
      [SYN_CLASS:JEWELER_FEMALE]

Awesome Fricy, thanks :)

You made that pretty damn easy to grasp. I'm by far not a coder type guy at all either.

Much appreciated.

Werdna

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: May 24, 2013, 04:02:16 pm »

werdna: The siege-behaviour is intended normally, but not for the batmen. That is indeed a pathfinding bug, nothing I can do about it. I thought about replacing the batmen with the Skaven anyway. Either them or the Gremlins.

Would love to see Skaven!  Perhaps with a slight name change, don't want to incur a cease and desist.  :)
ProvingGrounds was merely a setback.

Corundum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: May 24, 2013, 09:37:17 pm »

I'm having a "problem". The steelclad war raptors are breeding. When the eggs hatch, they come out fully-grown steelclad raptors. This is causing a unique problem; they breed VERY quickly. I'm dumping the eggs and caging them so I don't have a raptor-'splosion on my hands. I replicated the bug I mentioned a few posts ago (the one with the mastiffs) with the raptors to see if it would do the same thing (it did). Could this be why I'm having the problem? It seems it may be a DF hack problem as well but I wanted to make sure before I make a nuisance of myself on another thread.   

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #173 on: May 24, 2013, 11:01:03 pm »

I dont think Wizard of the Coast would mind, after all, there are several Warhammer TC Mods here.

Corundum: Shouldnt your nick be Conundrum? ^^ Anyway, the raptors shouldnt breed, I can fix that easily. Has nothing to do with dfhack. About the "cancel" thing, I did write expwnent, he said yeah, that happens, but only if you cancel before the dwarf even started the job. Bit of an exploit, but nothing I can do about it.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

leafar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: May 25, 2013, 10:23:18 am »

V3a, linux:
the problem with reagent-size which i reported for slag does also occur with crates
that means e.g. one crate of copper bars gives you 150*10 bars

(haven't checked the actual numbers, but i bought a crate and suddenly got flooded with copper bars, stock-screen counted 780...)
Quote from: LookingForGroup
I bet you would've laughed more if you were on fire.

jellsprout

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: May 25, 2013, 12:46:52 pm »

I can confirm that the crates don't work as intended on the Linux version. Each crate runs the reaction 150 times, letting you end up with 1500 bars for each crate.
I also tried this on the Windows version (Phoebus tileset, no settings changed from the download), but it works correctly there, both with and without dfhack running. So this appears to be a problem with the Linux version of Dwarf Fortress itself. There isn't much that can be done about that through simple modding.

A quick fix would be to change the quantity needed for any bar reagent to 150. That just leaves the slag problem, which has both bar and tool variants which need to be used in the same reaction.
"Having been equipped with tracking collars so their migration and survival in the wild can be measured, the young Sea Serpent is released into the wild.  It is hoped that this captive breeding program will boost their terribly low population numbers and eventually see them removed from the endangered species list..."

DG123

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: May 25, 2013, 07:50:28 pm »

Has anyone mentioned the bugs with the crucible and forge yet?

It's in the latest version of Masterwork as of May 2013.

The Crucible cannot do anything with cobalt ores unless you modify the game files.

And the forge cannot use Bifrost to make weapons or armour.

The solutions appear to be as follows:

Put [ITEMS_WEAPON][ITEMS_WEAPON_RANGED][ITEMS_ARMOR] into the Bifrost entry in

inorganic_stone_mineral.txt

Go into the entities_default file under raw\objects and change the - marks around the cobalt reactions into [ and ]

I've not had a chance to try out the game post trying these fixes, but they look like they should do the trick.

dead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: May 26, 2013, 09:50:31 am »

So cleaning pond turtle shell, what's going on with that? I can't clean it at the tanner like I used to from a previous version of MW. I can use the shell at the craftdwarf workshop to make crafts, but I can't tan it to make armor and bags and such. The reaction at the tanner is just red. It's stored in the refuse as bodyparts. Anyone has any idea on how to fix this?

FengYun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: May 26, 2013, 01:15:46 pm »

Could anybody apply all the corrections and upload a version with less bugs somewhere? I don't care much about the new features, but the bugs are killing me.

DG123

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: May 26, 2013, 01:33:25 pm »

And while they're at it, making miners wear armour by default would also be a very good thing.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 142