Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 142

Author Topic: [DWARF] - Bug reports and known issues.  (Read 190873 times)

Faulik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [DWARF] - Bug reports and known issues.
« Reply #150 on: May 21, 2013, 12:46:32 pm »

Anyone else getting Batmen sieges where the Batmen hang out at the edge of the map and will not path to the fort, forcing you to search the cavern edges to clear the hidden siege?  I'm wondering if its the same buggy (=vanilla) 'flying invaders' problem that Dark Flagrance ran into with Harpies.
I got that to.

Hefateus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: May 21, 2013, 02:12:21 pm »

The orcs do it too and Im pretty sure from previous posts by Meph or Smake that the "siege" is intended behavior.  It stops trade and jams up you life until you step from behind your walls and have at them. 

Werdna

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: May 21, 2013, 02:50:24 pm »

Sorry, let me be a little clearer then.  By not pathing, I mean that when they have an open path into the fort, they are not taking it.  If your fort is bottled up, it is completely expected behavior for invaders to dawdle around, and I agree with the comments re: clearing a siege to resume trade.  However, if they have an open path into your fort or even to friendly units, they should head right over and attack.  As far as I know, modders can't control that, its just how invaders work.  I have had orc sieges, and they do attack if there is a path into the fort.

The 'bug' I am referring to is that invaders with 'flight' are very buggy and will often refuse to press the attack, sitting at the edge of the map forever, no matter how wide open the fort is.  Darkflagrance had this issue with the Harpies civ in Fortress Defense; I don't think he ever found a way to fix it.  I think it also happens when invaders arrive on flying mounts (and iirc, it all boils down to whether or not the leader can fly, as units follow their leader).  There's just something bugged about the pathfinding when a flyer is involved.  (They do appear to pathfind once a friendly unit gets within their physical sight)

I suppose this makes Masterwork a little unique in that it forces you to explore your caverns and even send dwarves deep into them, but having played with Harpies in the past, I know from experience its more annoying to deal with than it is interesting/challenging. 

(Incidentally, antmen invade just fine, so its not a caverns issue)
« Last Edit: May 21, 2013, 03:10:17 pm by Werdna »
ProvingGrounds was merely a setback.

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: May 21, 2013, 03:03:23 pm »

The orcs do it too and Im pretty sure from previous posts by Meph or Smake that the "siege" is intended behavior.  It stops trade and jams up you life until you step from behind your walls and have at them.

Orcs (and humans, and dwarves) using Siege behavior is intended -- I dunno about Batmen though.  I think that it's just the fact that DF doesn't have great pathfinding yet for flyers.  You can try making sure the Batmen have a land path into your base at least temporarily, this might help them understand that they can attack, and if they don't actually have the siege behavior tag should spur them to attack.  This works with surface attackers, or antmen with flying drone castes sometimes.  Once they are attacking they might fly over walls so be advised :)

Werdna

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: May 21, 2013, 03:23:39 pm »

Pretty sure they're intended to siege, the idea was to add underground siegers to the mod IIRC.

You can try making sure the Batmen have a land path into your base at least temporarily, this might help them understand that they can attack, and if they don't actually have the siege behavior tag should spur them to attack.

They definitely had a land path in my case - because my dwarves were able to path directly to them, no problem (well, after they ran around the caverns a bit to locate the siege).  Siege behavior was definitely on; I was dealing with a Ferric Elf siege upstairs at the time but the Batmen were announced as 'A Vile Force of Darkness' so they should be in siege mode.  The Batmen were actually arrived as siege #3; I had cleared an Antmen siege that pathed right to me, just prior to mopping up the Batmen siege.

I wonder if a possible short-term solution is to somehow ensure that Batmen leaders are non-flyers.  That should allow them to landpath to the fort, and hopefully lead to some fun as the non-leader flyers can see over and attack over walls.

lukstra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: May 21, 2013, 04:05:27 pm »

I have a dwarf baby, who right after being born, "spied out the production facilities". He is also fond of magic. How is a dwarf baby a warlock spy?

On v.3a

Repseki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: May 21, 2013, 04:48:16 pm »

Magic? If that's actually what's going on, that's kind of awesome.

nosre

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: May 22, 2013, 12:04:26 pm »

I downloaded v3a, unzipped, ran the launcher, changed absolutely nothing, and started up a fortress with all default settings.  For some reason, when designating, my mouse clicks are now setting box corners instead of free-drawing.  It's as if, when I left click, I was pressing enter to set the edges of a box.

This is probably a setting somewhere, but I didn't change anything so I don't know where or how to change it.  It wasn't like this with v3 a week ago.  Help please :)

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: May 22, 2013, 12:12:23 pm »

Sorry, let me be a little clearer then.  By not pathing, I mean that when they have an open path into the fort, they are not taking it.  If your fort is bottled up, it is completely expected behavior for invaders to dawdle around, and I agree with the comments re: clearing a siege to resume trade.  However, if they have an open path into your fort or even to friendly units, they should head right over and attack.  As far as I know, modders can't control that, its just how invaders work.  I have had orc sieges, and they do attack if there is a path into the fort.

Humans, dwarves, and orcs may ignore open paths into your base.  They may instead choose to camp out for a variable period (i've seen as long as 9 months) near the edge of the map with campfires.  It is one of the few attack behaviors that modders do actually have control over, specifically, the entity token [SIEGER].

If this kind of attack happens I think you get the message "The enemy have come and are laying siege to the fortress!" instead of vile force of darkness.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2013, 12:13:56 pm by smakemupagus »

fricy

• Bay Watcher
  • [DFHACK:ZEALOT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: May 22, 2013, 12:37:46 pm »

I downloaded v3a, unzipped, ran the launcher, changed absolutely nothing, and started up a fortress with all default settings.  For some reason, when designating, my mouse clicks are now setting box corners instead of free-drawing.  It's as if, when I left click, I was pressing enter to set the edges of a box.
This is probably a setting somewhere, but I didn't change anything so I don't know where or how to change it.  It wasn't like this with v3 a week ago.  Help please :)

I'm just guessing here, but that could be the new mousequery plugin. Try downgrading to the previous version that worked for you in MW 3.0 (you can found the file in \Masterwork\Dwarf fortress\hack\plugins) or upgrading to the newest version and see if this fixes it for you.
Newest version can be found here: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=125618.0

Werdna

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: May 22, 2013, 04:22:59 pm »

Humans, dwarves, and orcs may ignore open paths into your base.  They may instead choose to camp out for a variable period (i've seen as long as 9 months) near the edge of the map with campfires.  It is one of the few attack behaviors that modders do actually have control over, specifically, the entity token [SIEGER].

If this kind of attack happens I think you get the message "The enemy have come and are laying siege to the fortress!" instead of vile force of darkness.

Ah, I had forgotten about that behavior, I haven't seen it in awhile.  I am 100% certain the batmen arrived as a 'Vile Force of Darkness' however.

Corundum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: May 22, 2013, 10:27:02 pm »

I pastured a mastiff in the war kennel to be transformed to a steelclad mastiff. I selected the option to make him one and unpaused the game. The labor showed a dwarf was going to do it (an 'A' by the labor) when I remembered that he wasn't a war mastiff yet. I cancelled the reaction and when I resumed playing the mastiff instantly turned into a steelclad mastiff. No steel or dwarf was present for the reaction. I just tried it again and sure enough, same thing.

Also, when I went to build a green glass coffer it was named "green glass cofferes" on the selection screen. After it was built the name shows up correctly on the built item.

edit: windows, PHOEBUS
« Last Edit: May 22, 2013, 10:40:13 pm by Corundum »

CheeseHolePete

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: May 23, 2013, 01:55:29 am »

I think I may have found a bug.

I tried this twice and both times, the same thing happened...

I built my guild hall, been runnijng smoothly. I have made Masons guld members, Smiths guild, merchants guild etc. I tried making a jewelrers guild member and the first time it said she was a craftdwarf guild member. Ok, so at first I thought "well maybe I accidentally qued up craftsdwarf instead of jeweler"...

So I had her leave the craftsdwarf guild and then I made SURE i qued up jewelers guild this time, but alas, she became a craftsdwarf member once again.

Anyone else have this problem?

Fungus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: May 23, 2013, 02:01:58 am »

Not sure if this is a Masterwork problem or not, I'm too tired of disappointment for now to test thoroughly. My first caravan left before it finished unloading; unloading which it was doing very slowly. About the rate of one item per day I think. At first I thought the wagons were stuck but that wasn't the case. Could it be due to the 2000+ undead under my fortress somehow making that particular proccess run slowly?

This is something I've never encountered before, hence why I'm presuming it's a Masterwork problem. It's a shame, I really looked forward to wiping out the undead, even if I had to play at 30 FPS thanks to them.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2013, 02:03:46 am by Fungus »

fricy

• Bay Watcher
  • [DFHACK:ZEALOT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: May 23, 2013, 03:34:33 am »

So I had her leave the craftsdwarf guild and then I made SURE i qued up jewelers guild this time, but alas, she became a craftsdwarf member once again.

Anyone else have this problem?

Yes, there is a typo in the guild reaction, females will be transformed into craftdwarves instead of jewelers. You can fix it by opening interaction_guild.txt found in your save folder, finding this block: (line 131-143), and editing the red line.

[INTERACTION:TRANSFORM_GUILD_JEWELER_F]
   [I_TARGET:A:CREATURE]
      [IT_LOCATION:CONTEXT_CREATURE]
      [IT_MANUAL_INPUT:self]
   [I_EFFECT:ADD_SYNDROME]
      [IE_TARGET:A]
      [IE_IMMEDIATE]
      [SYNDROME]
      [CE_BODY_TRANSFORMATION:PROB:100:START:0:END:8400]
      [CE:CREATURE:GUILD:INTERMEDIATE]
      [SYN_CLASS:\PERMANENT]
      [SYN_CLASS:DWARF]