Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 66

Author Topic: The revolutionary design bureau, under new management  (Read 61697 times)

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The revolutionary design bureau, under new management
« Reply #555 on: May 07, 2013, 11:16:48 am »

Good point. And if I may give a tip, why don't you try starting with that unreliable grenade we did all the way back in turn one? Since we've now perfected timed fuses...
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: May 07, 2013, 11:18:45 am »

I find it hard to make design proposals without knowing what happened on the front (not sure that we are allowed to vote on it or Nadaka just offered a list to make  us wonder what will hapeen)

As for nondesing\design

I suggest to make design proposals in red, production\misc proposals in typical bold
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: May 07, 2013, 11:19:38 am »

Incendiary weapons are generally regarded as being crass. Which reminds me, we have no chemical weapons or land-mines. And, y'know, if we could somehow have a bomb, that split up into smaller bombs, and everyone knows that if some of the bombs don't detonate when they land, they are actually more of a pain, even more so if they a booby-trapped to go off if they are tampered with. Saaay, I don't suppose the hospitals have any spare blankets from smallpox patients? Oh, and there are some exciting properties of radioactive elements that have all sorts of uses...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: May 07, 2013, 11:19:51 am »

I'd rather do production proposals in blue
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: May 07, 2013, 11:45:49 am »

As I don't want to miss chance to get design I'll post one, but i'd prefer to do that after the war turn...

My votes :
Fuel efficient diesel,

Accuratre MG-14

My design proposals
9.Popular devotion rework:
Remove 80mm gun, remove torpedos, replace 4 40mm guns with 2 new high velocity ones, reduce number of engines to 2 new diesels accepting  loss of speed. Add 4 single 14mm machineguns, add sonar, add minelaying equipment (try to make it as light as possible), add anti sub mortars.

Basically a dedicated ASW ship with rudimentary AA protection

10. Finish ship recovery equipment project and try to get a sub.

Production proposals:

A. Put all our production into new fighters\K-1s, heavy APCs. Shipyards and the like can wait
B. Suggest to retool mosin-nagan factory to SVA-10
« Last Edit: May 07, 2013, 11:51:33 am by Ukrainian Ranger »
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Brood

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: May 07, 2013, 11:48:11 am »

As I don't want to miss chance to get design I'll post one, but i'd prefer to do that after the war turn...

My votes :
Fuel efficient diesel,

Accuratre MG-14

My design proposals
9.Popular devotion rework:
Remove 80mm gun, replace 4 40mm guns with 2 new high velocity ones, reduce number of engines to 2 new diesels accepting  loss of speed. Add 4 single 14mm machineguns, add sonar, add minelaying equipment (try to make it as light as possible), add anti sub mortars

Basically a dedicated ASW ship with rudimentary AA protection

10. Finish ship recovery equipment project and try to get a sub.

Production proposals:

B. Suggest to retool mosin-nagan factory to SVA-10 [/b]

Have some people working on creating lightweight, fairly long range gliders. Supply hooks and ropes, so that they can be towed/ dropped from airships

Attempt to directional explosives/warheads for use against armored structures, vehicles, and the like

+1. Vote.

11, Begin designing a suppressor for assault rifles, submachineguns, sniper rifles and pistols.
12, Begin designing flash grenades and stun grenades.

Production.
A.1, Put all our production into new mono fighters, half carrying bombs and half with only guns\K-1s, heavy APCs. Shipyards and the like can wait.
C, Suggest special forces be expanded to 1000 men minamum recruiting from veterans.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2013, 01:24:27 pm by Brood »

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: May 07, 2013, 11:54:00 am »

edited above a bit, to include removal of torpedoes from popular devotions, as those aren't needed for ASW ship and too minor change to do new version

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: May 07, 2013, 11:55:56 am »

Should we do the special forces raid as false fag attack?
if our special forces attack in advance dressed in captured Morovia uniforms with Morovia weapons then it is likely that Capia will shift it forces to the Morovian border, then our troops can rapidy push past the disorganized  capians as they move back from the Morovian border .

The main risk is that our ruse will be uncovered too soon and both sides will link up to counter attack.
but even that has the upside that morovia will have less time to work on counter measures to our new ground forces.

Battlebus riders  should be armed for assault duty
Spoiler: some thing like this: (click to show/hide)

or we can us the Battlebuss to cary a squad with  40mm mortars, we may need to take less than the full 20 men to make space for ammo.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2013, 12:09:11 pm by Funk »
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: May 07, 2013, 12:01:01 pm »

Oh, yes, forgot very important thing

D.  Produce 40mm mortars for infantry
I suggest to use numbers for design proposals and letters for production.

As for armor = hell no, that offers no real protection and slows infantry too much
« Last Edit: May 07, 2013, 12:09:02 pm by Ukrainian Ranger »

Brood

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: May 07, 2013, 12:03:08 pm »

I wouldn't bother with the false attacks, it'll be obvious it's fake since the attacks are coming from the wrong side, besides we don't want them expecting an attack we want the initial strike to be a complete surprise, if they've been hit already security will be up and the soldiers will be on guard waiting for more attacks.

The BattleBus unit looks good, Ideally it'll be special forces if not then veterans and since it's built to get up close shotguns are a great idea, armor I'm with Ukrainian it can wait until we've designed bullet proof vests and kevlar helmets.

Ukrainian I edited your A to be a little more specific, the new mono plane has 2 designs in one, it can carry 10 rockets plus it's gun or just it's guns, so I edited your proposal to do an even split of the 2 for ground attack and air cover.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: May 07, 2013, 12:08:55 pm »

Brood you doubled B. I had B with retooling the factory. Change ti to C, and I'll change my later to D

I am quite unsure about using rockets for fighter as we don' know how reliable\suited for aircrafts they are, but it is trivial to add\remove rockets to any plane on bomb mountings

Brood

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: May 07, 2013, 12:12:47 pm »

(( They're fine for it, they're light enough to carry and are a point and fire weapon for now, so useful against large targets like ships or against fortified position or for air support until we get something a bit more refined. Plus we'll be the only ones using them which gives us a nice morale shock weapon to hit the enemy with.
But we should build some of both so they are ready to go quickly and if we do it as two models we can then modify both in future to make them better as we get the tech. ))
« Last Edit: May 07, 2013, 12:14:21 pm by Brood »

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: May 07, 2013, 12:15:56 pm »

I wouldn't use rockets on the fighter. We're still using wooden frame fighters, meaning that the backblast could easily catch the wings on fire.

Also, the structure of our rockets is probably quite similair to that of modern miniature rockets (Ie, a simple casing filled with gunpowder). Out of personnal experience, I can say that these have a tendency to fail when shaked to much. Especially when launched from a plane it's highly likely that the fuse'll come loose. (What kind of fuse do we use anyway, electric?). In optimal conditions, and with modern miniature rockets, at least 10% of the rockets fails to launch at the first attempt (Only 1 try on a plane), and 1-5% spontanously explode.  With our rockets those percentage will be significantly higher. (Oh, and accuracy is pretty much limited to aiming up and away from your general direction)

Oh, and when a 50 kg rocket explodes at ignition, we loose the plane.

Last but not least, I highly doubt we'll be able to hit anything with them. The primary purpose of these early rockets is to function like some sort of mortar (Ie indirect fire). With a plane, that is unneeded, as we got both speed and altitude already. We just need to drop the bomb.

(( They're fine for it, they're light enough to carry and are a point and fire weapon for now, so useful against large targets like ships or against fortified position or for air support until we get something a bit more refined. Plus we'll be the only ones using them which gives us a nice morale shock weapon to hit the enemy with.
But we should build some of both so they are ready to go quickly and if we do it as two models we can then modify both in future to make them better as we get the tech. ))
Nah they're not. They are a mortar like weapon. (Basically, these primitive rockets are more self propelled mortar shells than real rockets). Highly inaccurate, and the payload is to low to penetrate heavy armor.

I'm not so sure about the morale shock from missiles, but I don't doubt that the plane whose wing just got torn of will make an impact.

You're thinking of missiles, not rockets.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2013, 12:25:23 pm by 10ebbor10 »

Brood

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: May 07, 2013, 12:26:33 pm »

(( Well they were being designed for use as an aircraft weapon so I wanna test it anyway to see how it works, no sense in counting it out without at least giving it a try first. It might surprise us all and work great.

But I'll swap to bombs, they are faster and more agile then the biplanes so they'll be useful with rockets or bombs for close air support and once the bombs are gone they'll function as fighters..))
« Last Edit: May 07, 2013, 12:28:19 pm by Brood »

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #569 on: May 07, 2013, 12:28:29 pm »

(( Well they were being designed for use as an aircraft weapon so I wanna test it anyway to see how it works, no sense in counting it out without at least giving it a try first. It might surprise us all and work great. ))
We clearly got an artillery weapon though.

Quote from: Gm
This 1.5 meter rocket can deliver a 10 kg warhead at a range of 1km

Seeing the length of that thing, I'm pretty sure they'd just break of the plane whenever it makes a turn.

Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 66