Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 66

Author Topic: The revolutionary design bureau, under new management  (Read 61708 times)

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The revolutionary design bureau, under new management
« Reply #540 on: May 07, 2013, 09:39:34 am »

No, attack is planned on the turn just done, it's just have no battle part in it.

K-1s will come next turn to advance in Morovia\finish Capia or repair the front after the failure. Whatever will happen it will be a fun surprise for our enemy
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: May 07, 2013, 09:41:33 am »

It's set in the present tense not past so I'll wait for the boss to clarify, but Brood can you edit yours to use only current tech and not include things yet to be built?

Brood

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: May 07, 2013, 09:44:54 am »

Done, is my plan acceptable Ukranian? It's still your main plan I just added a couple of extra details to it to improve our odds, mainly special forces and aerial recon, special forces to provide early warning of Movanian reinforcements and sending forces to spread out across the country to deal with all resistance, not just focus on the capitol and hope the rest surrender.

I like your plan mostly it just needed a little bit of tweaking.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2013, 09:53:30 am by Brood »

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: May 07, 2013, 09:52:50 am »

There have been about 60 posts since the update and it isn't even finished yet, perhaps we could mull things over for a few hours and give folk in the rest of the world a chance to make proposals.
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Brood

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: May 07, 2013, 09:57:19 am »

Yeah.

I'll put the two current plans here to make it easier for others to see.

Spoiler: 7, Ukranian. (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: 7.1, Brood. (click to show/hide)

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: May 07, 2013, 09:58:57 am »

I vote for Brood's edition (7.1) as it is more detailed than mine

Funny thing that GM may disallow us to plan that far, because we are designers that give advices to generals and they may say "fuck off" and do whatever they want. But we need something to do before the update, as planning designs without knowing what will happen is impossible for me
« Last Edit: May 07, 2013, 10:02:08 am by Ukrainian Ranger »
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: May 07, 2013, 10:26:58 am »

So now is just warplanning?

Or do we get to design stuff too?

Brood

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: May 07, 2013, 10:28:28 am »

Both, but we don't know what happened this year so designs is a little iffy, you might design a new ship then find the enemy just had a massive breakthrough on aircraft.

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #548 on: May 07, 2013, 10:32:50 am »

note, that limitation was for 2 design proposals. production and petitions do not take nearly as much effort to process.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

Brood

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: May 07, 2013, 10:35:22 am »

Nadaka is the war plan to go on the end of this turn? Or is it for next turn after the years production and development?
Also, does the completion of the K-1 give us a prototype of it?
« Last Edit: May 07, 2013, 10:38:18 am by Brood »

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #550 on: May 07, 2013, 10:36:56 am »

OK, going to dig up whatever designs have been proposed.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: May 07, 2013, 11:01:57 am »

So well, in order to design stuff.

Have some people working on creating lightweight, fairly long range gliders. Supply hooks and ropes, so that they can be towed/ dropped from airships

Attempt to directional explosives/warheads for use against armored structures, vehicles, and the like

Basically, 2 antifortification suggestions which might be usefull in the future. At least, let's hope so.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
[/quote]
« Last Edit: May 07, 2013, 11:12:25 am by 10ebbor10 »

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: May 07, 2013, 11:07:42 am »

Alrighty then in light of that,

Spoiler: Prouction proposals (click to show/hide)

I also need you guys's opinion on something. Next turn I want to replace the Glorious cruisers' steam turbines with diesel-electric turbines(hopefully shaving quite a bit of weight in the process), but I'm not sure if this is feasible or if I should just go ahead and design a powerplant for a new cruiser class to eventually use

Umm, 10ebbor I know flamethrowers were cool, but in reality they were fairly situational weapons at best, and bullet magnets at worst(they were large, bulky, depending on construction and fuel type pretty explosive, and marked the guy wielding it as an instant target as it was assumed he was a big dick for using a flamethrower by the enemy forces :P). Let's not make the same mistake; if you're really set on a thermal weapon why not something like an incendiary grenade?
« Last Edit: May 07, 2013, 11:15:28 am by tryrar »
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: May 07, 2013, 11:10:54 am »

Remember, there's a 2 proposals per person limit. I therefore propose to place the nondesign proposals on a seperate list.

And as I said, the flamethrower is intended as a situational weapon. It's intended for use in conjuction with the glider. Land "unnoticed" on the enemy fortifications, flush them out of their kazemats, take some explosives, and you can capture a fort with a 4000 men garrison in 1 hour, with no losses. Using only a hundred men.

I think I'll go design those explosives instead.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: May 07, 2013, 11:16:15 am »

yes lets build sone kind of napam grenade and a large tank mounted flame thrower for taking on bunkers.

a flame tank can have huge flame throw with better range and coverage, more ammo and is much safer due to being inside a tank.
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 66