Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 84

Author Topic: Witches' Coven: In the Heart of Darkness [GAME OVER: 4/13]  (Read 200863 times)

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: Witches' Coven: In the Heart of Darkness [D2: 12/13]
« Reply #630 on: August 21, 2013, 06:48:14 pm »

@Toaster:
Toony:
@Toaster:
Toony:
ugh come on guys
What did you mean by this?
I woke up late to see a Tiruin lynch.
That you were voting for at the time.  This does not correlate to a response of "ugh."  Please go into more detail.
Are you baiting me?  I was voting Leafsnail.  I didn't want a Tiruin lynch yesterday and I don't want one today either.  I don't believe shamans count as witches.

You still haven't created a case against LS. Or anyone else really.
Vector and Ottofar are up for replacement, it's hard voting missing players.  Okami is up now too so there goes one of your "targets" too.
And I have created a case against LS, but voting him would completely defeat the purpose.  If I have to explain why you are not reading my posts.

@Toaster:
Oh, it's going to be one of those games.
Have anything to add, Death Shaman scum?
I'm reading your posts, so this vote is hilariously indicative of how little you actually suspect me.
What, how so?  I did explain my Leafsnail case.

@Leafsnail:
Heart of Darkness likely plays a role.  I guess savagery vs. civilization with the magic shit being the savagery.

While we're at it, you're the Death Shaman right?

griffinpup

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

griffinpup: apart from thr obvious who else is suspicous. your case on tiruin looks really lazy. also y no vote yday?
NQT looked suspicious yesterday, but then he claimed flavour cop, so...  I don't really understand the case on Dariush.  Did he lie about his flavour?  I still think DS's early actions of day one seems scummy, but not very.

griffinpup

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I never actually answered your question. X_X

I didn't have time to make an educated opinion, but I probably would've voted tiruin.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile

I am town and not the Death Shaman.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile

unvote: Leafsnail doesn't seem completely crazy anymore, although I still think his theory is incorrect.
Dariush: how did you mess up the facts about yourself when questioned by NQT?

Leafsnail: I now understand why you think I would be a logical recruit for your theoretical cult, the fact that I have not been recruited (can't prove this to anyone else as far as I know, but if you have a litmus test for me then go ahead), signals to me that you're missing something. For the sake of argument, could you please pretend that you are the cult leader, and your theory is correct. who would you pick to recruit last night and why? if your choice is me, could you please also list off your second choice and why?
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #635 on: August 21, 2013, 09:12:11 pm »

Toony:
That you were voting for at the time.  This does not correlate to a response of "ugh."  Please go into more detail.
Are you baiting me?  I was voting Leafsnail.  I didn't want a Tiruin lynch yesterday and I don't want one today either.  I don't believe shamans count as witches.
[/quote]

Herp derp I'm an idiot

Vector and Ottofar are up for replacement, it's hard voting missing players.  Okami is up now too so there goes one of your "targets" too.
And I have created a case against LS, but voting him would completely defeat the purpose.  If I have to explain why you are not reading my posts.

@Toaster:
I'm reading your posts, so this vote is hilariously indicative of how little you actually suspect me.

Yes, but you vote me and call me a death shaman, and you don't want to vote the death shaman because he WANTS to die.  Ergo, if you vote me, you don't really think I'm  the death shaman.

Tiruin:
I can really sense that mode of deliberate misunderstanding; replacing fact instead of query in you when you talk to me, here.

If he just wants to kill you, then he's not really a serial killer, is he?
Read better. It's an inference. You'd do well to compare that to what I said before.

Eh, I suppose.

Untrustworthy third party that we're probably better off without.  I disagree with your assertion that it would be hypocritical to want to lynch you because you are third party.

Last night?  Well, there was no kill.  That doesn't say a lot because things like roleblockers and doctors exist.  You posited that this death shaman would be able to kill if you died- while one could call you a liar because this didn't happen, it's plausible a death shaman kill was prevented somehow.  It also lends credence to the theory of the witch team not having a kill (though, again, isn't conclusive proof.)

Why shouldn't we lynch you again?  None of your claims about this death shaman (up to and including its existence) are provable, unless said person wants to claim and confirm what you're saying.
Where did I say the bolded part? Where did you glean that sort of info?

I'd like you to prove those claims along what you judge, by the way. How is it a 'none' point.

Right here: 
Y'all have an SK in your hands, and the only thing I'm sure about him is that while I live, my very presence contains him from using his abilities-this is only a guess given my flavor.

Also here:
His power lies in death, either of himself and of others. My objective is to keep him alive, because my very presence keeps him from committing to his own. In killing everyone.

Oh, and since I missed responding to this earlier:

Oh, so it's okay when you for the opinion of others but not when I do it?
...Where have I ever said it's wrong for you to ask others' opinion? I never said that. You keep on misrepresenting me so much it's worse than disgusting.

Right here:
Vector:  Tiruin appears to be claiming third party.  What is your reaction to this?
Running up to Vector and asking for backup, I presume? Why Vector of all people?

I'll grant that you didn't directly say it, but the implication is obvious.

Anyway, what claims are you asking me to prove?

And I'll ask again since you ignored the question:  Why shouldn't we lynch you again?

Griffinpup:  I agree with ZU- you're being lazy.  Who else do you suspect and why?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
Re: Witches' Coven: In the Heart of Darkness [D2: 13/13]
« Reply #636 on: August 21, 2013, 09:18:22 pm »

Still reviewing and it has gotten a bit late for me to produce anything legible. I've been spending the last hour trying to wrap my head around all the claims and such. My first real post should come tomorrow. For now though, I have a few questions.

LNCP:This question might have been asked already but, where are we being held in Uzès? What are our surroundings?

Tiruin:As you were dying, the inquisitor asked you something... Do you recall what that was?
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile

toaster you do realize gpup listed picks? who do u suspect?

Lenglin what happened to your convictiom toaster was scum yday?
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile

It's still there, I'm just not pursuing it right now. I don't have any questions for him and I consider Dariush lying a bigger issue.
Day is scheduled to end tomorrow and we've done practically nothing: Extend
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

So after reading back on it, Dariush seems like he was actually trying prior to engaging in blatant lies and patently untownlike behavior. I'm not getting an intentional "lynch me!" vibe from him.

Which means he's either a witch or being retarded for no reason again. Or outwitting me by being far more subtle than I'd thought him capable of.

Dariush:
vomit
Okay, let us assume you're telling the truth. (there is still the possibility that you're simply LS's scummate, or simply a witch flavorcop, but I'll let those possibilities slide for now) Now riddle me this: how the fuck do botched and unfinished clothes (none of which are mentioned in my flavour, by the way) show that the person has been replaced by a witch, as opposed to being in the process of finishing or repairing them? And if we have been here for a day, why would anything that happened several days before that matter?

Hey Tiruin, how about you full-claim, in addition to stating everything you know about the DS?
So. NQT claims to have inspected things that don't show up in your flavor. You do not call him a liar for this, or indeed have any interest in him at all beyond defending yourself.

Why?

Tiruin:
Opposites happen. The longer the DS is kept from death, the weaker he becomes.
This is... interesting. Why couldn't/wouldn't you tell us that yesterday?

Also, if you know the death shaman wants to die as soon as possible, why wasn't your hunting D1 influenced by that? Or was it? I would think going after targets that look like they're intentionally being scummy would be a good strategy, but I haven't noticed or heard anything like that from you.

In fact, do you or did you have any suspicions at all? I know you've been calling Toaster scum, but do you actually think he's a witch? Presumably you don't think he's a death shaman at all, right?
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile

Extend

Unvote

birdy
Tiruin:As you were dying, the inquisitor asked you something... Do you recall what that was?
...I got nothing, really. Not a word, nor anything in my memory pre and post death. I put that under the end flavor of the day but as my response was disgust, I suppose it went along the lines of how the papal bull was written, and I was asked if I ever indulged in such. On why the captain said 'you chose well', I believe it went along the bolded line as stated in the spoiler below.

tl;dr: No, I have nothing on what he said, what he asked, what he wanted, or why I replied as such.

I'm deriving all information from my knowledge of history, and net sources.
Uzès
The Papal Bull as announced here.
What was as I believe mentioned to me was this statement:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I have committed nothing. Nothing as stated by the above. This gave rise to confusion until I browsed another related part.
The Malleus Maleficarum.
Here, I compared what was given and myself. The only conclusion I can ascertain is the same conclusion I saw was wrong with the other witch trials proceeding such:
Women were persecuted due to their liberal nature (Yea, sexism was rife at this time. Gender-roles were more upheld and expected back then, and during this time any deviation from the norm caused more than suspicion).

...And I was being very liberal, as far as I see it.

...But I'm confused on the relation of all of it. Uzes is in France while most of the related ideas in the first day pertain to Germany. If it was generalized into Europe, that also makes sense..but I can't grasp it right now.

Toaster
Tiruin:
I can really sense that mode of deliberate misunderstanding; replacing fact instead of query in you when you talk to me, here.

If he just wants to kill you, then he's not really a serial killer, is he?
Read better. It's an inference. You'd do well to compare that to what I said before.

Eh, I suppose.

Untrustworthy third party that we're probably better off without.  I disagree with your assertion that it would be hypocritical to want to lynch you because you are third party.

Last night?  Well, there was no kill.  That doesn't say a lot because things like roleblockers and doctors exist.  You posited that this death shaman would be able to kill if you died- while one could call you a liar because this didn't happen, it's plausible a death shaman kill was prevented somehow.  It also lends credence to the theory of the witch team not having a kill (though, again, isn't conclusive proof.)

Why shouldn't we lynch you again?  None of your claims about this death shaman (up to and including its existence) are provable, unless said person wants to claim and confirm what you're saying.
Where did I say the bolded part? Where did you glean that sort of info?

I'd like you to prove those claims along what you judge, by the way. How is it a 'none' point.

Right here: 
Y'all have an SK in your hands, and the only thing I'm sure about him is that while I live, my very presence contains him from using his abilities-this is only a guess given my flavor.

Also here:
His power lies in death, either of himself and of others. My objective is to keep him alive, because my very presence keeps him from committing to his own. In killing everyone.
Posit:
Assume as a fact; put forward as a basis of argument.

Yes, that's what I can infer from a one-line description of him. That he's the total opposite of life, and that he means to stop any advance of life in the world.

Now you could take it as if his only enemy is me alone from that, however this goes against one piece of reasoning. Something you all saw earlier--my resurrection. Preceding death, I asked God (LNCP) what would happen if I died. He answered: Thy name and thy characterizing label shalt be known to the masses.

And I frowned.

Because that jived with my earlier suspicion pre-claiming third-party on whether I should claim or not. My only method of stopping him is keeping him alive, so that clashed with the conventional way of winning: killing your foe.

I'll grant that you didn't directly say it, but the implication is obvious.

Anyway, what claims are you asking me to prove?

And I'll ask again since you ignored the question:  Why shouldn't we lynch you again?
...Honestly, I don't know how you get away with blatantly accusing and not getting flak for it.

The claims I want you to prove are all your accusations against me. You mention me appealing to emotion, my changes in emotion in talking to NQT and yourself, me lying on several aspects as well as my case against you--the very reason why I kept on repeating it is because you firstly ignore it, then accuse me of lying, then at the last part in the day utter a handwaving of the whole case against you--something very different from a townie who actually looks, and giving off the strong impression that you just don't like me here without going into detail on comparing why you think I claimed, as well as my case on you and seeing if it was right or not.

Like apathy. You're ok with lynching a third-party because--and I believe--as a veteran, you know that they are generally looked down upon.

Why shouldn't we lynch you again?
What if I played your game?

I don't care if you lynch me. You come up with your own reasons why or why not you should put your vote on someone. I already stated generally everything short of directly claiming--something I dearly frown upon here--and you just want me to state it for your...laziness?

Go ahead and waste a lynch again. I taunt you. Though I'd not be surprised if you aren't town by the end of this game given your total shift of attitude when addressing me.

But answer me along with the above: What did you think of the reason on why I claimed? I want your opinion here.

ZU
tiruin: can u separate speculation from fact about death shaman and list all facts u kno about him?
You do know that as I give this, it will also mean information for him to use against me, right? Anyway, I'm at a disadvantage now given how the bias of people adheres like tar. I will be typing it up later as this is all saved due to work and stress and this frickin' storm raining and raining here. Though if you'd take the liberty, it's all in D1.

grififnpup
Tiruin:
Intentionally withholding information is anti-town.
What exactly is your wincon?  What is DS's? (Death Shamon's?)
Are these wincons game-ending?
You can obviously self-revive, but I seriously doubt that it has infinite uses, so how many times can you revive?
The posts of yours that I have read reeks of emotional appeal.  You seem to hate the very idea of us thinking that you're not town-aligned, and I personally think that you're not. I see no problem with lynching you a second day in a row, especially since a NK didn't happen last night.

Flavor is very important in this game, so let's look at the flavor at the end of day one and at the beginning of day two. 
“Be happy, but do not rejoice yet; though we have killed a maleficar, there are many more yet among us.
-snip
Remember what happened yesterday - that was the proof. The proof that this town is plagued by the Satan’s associates, and any God-fearing man would do anything in his power to rid them from this earth!
The captain rejoins the others watching the group, now smaller by one.

“You chose well.”

Apparently we lynched the right person yesterday.  The flavor certainly says so.  I see absolutely no reason to repeat the success.
And I see absolutely no reason to explain to you given how stubborn you are without thinking. I insult your ego.

> How is intentionally withholding information anti-town in this case? Pull out what I said in context, and attack it other than tattling it out and generalizing it. I clearly said I omitted information--now you address it like a man, boy.
> I ALREADY STATED MY WINCON. I have NO IDEA what the DS' wincon is.

Read.

Up.

Because seriously, this is has gone beyond the point of stupidity and delved into the region of people not caring into the lynch that I wish I had multivotes to hit you and Toaster for not reading at all despite how crucial you make this out to be.

As for it being game-ending, I'm leaning on not given how it's more of a duel on my side yet generally going along the lines of 'remove this disease from the body' where the body = Uzes and the disease = DS (Death Shaman).

I withhold how many times I can resurrect people.

The posts of yours that I have read reeks of emotional appeal.  You seem to hate the very idea of us thinking that you're not town-aligned, and I personally think that you're not. I see no problem with lynching you a second day in a row, especially since a NK didn't happen last night.
> Does not quote posts.
> Accuses.
Ugh.

I seem to hate the very idea of you people thinking I'm not town aligned? No, that's your perception. I hate the idea of how people are lynching blindly and on the matter that I'm a third-party! It's like frickin' racial discrimination! You announce something, then people attack it just because of previous experience with it. That's wholly stupid in human philosophy.

You try being labelled, then have your words be skimmed over despite all you're poured into it--discarded in favor of 'hey what is ur x and ur y' along with 'y should we not lynch you' and all that crap. It's more of a personal factor than not, but it's just disgusting how it went along.

PS: The reason I declaim what the captain says is because
1. I've no idea what was asked to me.
2. The witch trials before, which I assume the context of the game is derived from, was truly faulty yes assumed by the general populace like they were doing the right thing. The context of the details of why those people were killed was also faulty.

However in this game, you know you lynched a third-party. And you prefer that...Still? Without giving context to it?

That is truly a shameless act you're doing Griffin. Call this another 'emotional appeal'; I call it plain fact until you can make a reasonable point.

What did you think of the reason on why I claimed? I want your opinion here.

PPE: IO
"Hello there!"

So after reading back on it, Dariush seems like he was actually trying prior to engaging in blatant lies and patently untownlike behavior. I'm not getting an intentional "lynch me!" vibe from him.

Which means he's either a witch or being retarded for no reason again. Or outwitting me by being far more subtle than I'd thought him capable of.

Dariush:
vomit
Okay, let us assume you're telling the truth. (there is still the possibility that you're simply LS's scummate, or simply a witch flavorcop, but I'll let those possibilities slide for now) Now riddle me this: how the fuck do botched and unfinished clothes (none of which are mentioned in my flavour, by the way) show that the person has been replaced by a witch, as opposed to being in the process of finishing or repairing them? And if we have been here for a day, why would anything that happened several days before that matter?

Hey Tiruin, how about you full-claim, in addition to stating everything you know about the DS?
So. NQT claims to have inspected things that don't show up in your flavor. You do not call him a liar for this, or indeed have any interest in him at all beyond defending yourself.

Why?

Tiruin:
Opposites happen. The longer the DS is kept from death, the weaker he becomes.
This is... interesting. Why couldn't/wouldn't you tell us that yesterday?
That would be giving out who I was, as I'm pretty sure he can also sense me.
Also, if you know the death shaman wants to die as soon as possible, why wasn't your hunting D1 influenced by that? Or was it? I would think going after targets that look like they're intentionally being scummy would be a good strategy, but I haven't noticed or heard anything like that from you.

In fact, do you or did you have any suspicions at all? I know you've been calling Toaster scum, but do you actually think he's a witch? Presumably you don't think he's a death shaman at all, right?
It was influenced by it. Toaster was being rather...well, insulting on tha tmatter. Yea, I think he's a witch. I did NOT know that the DS wanted [as in, his goal rather than an objective to gain power] to be killed, but nor did I guess this as a reasonable assumption; I assumed it given my knowledge of him. I only know that he wields the will and power of death and that he's my total opposite. I can resurrect people [yeah take that you heathen inquisitors], the clincher is that given that context, I have no idea who he is, and what he can do except than infer.)

Err, clarifying: I compared my abilities to that notion of him wanting to die, and found it...unreasonable. Therefore I went with the next best conclusion: That he wants to kill people, and preferably his opposite so that nobody would stop him. Hence why I omitted stuff.

And yeah, I've a list of suspicions but I'm caring to withhold them for now [I only briefly read parts on others, but some posts attracted my eye before--I was too caught up on Toaster though to poke at them, and IRL factors didn't help my posting]. Generally, I'm poking at the suspicion of people in discriminating third-parties. I do think he's a witch, as someone who actually cared (or rather, a third-party who isn't the DS) would've actually read my case and saw my crux on the matter. A fairly obvious crux. IF he's the DS then...I dunno. Insulting people and assuming their personality is too much for me to see him act in that kind of role.

I was going after Toaster primarily to gauge him being scummy, and the fact holds that he is being scummy. Though the passivity is noted as of late, I'm still not dropping what crap he gave me earlier. Figuratively.

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile

i was thinking more of giving town info to better prepare against him
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #642 on: August 22, 2013, 02:59:50 am »

Toaster
Toaster and Toony
Yeah, I figured that's what you meant. I assume you're an inquisitor, then?
That would be the obvious conclusion, yes I am.

It would, but I note you don't actually confirm or deny this.
Sorry, I thought I did. Clarified in the quote.

Why not N0?  I could both times.
I triple-checked my role PM. It's something I'll be asking LNCP at the end of the game.

How do you know what a shaman is?
I know what words mean.

Birdy— Tell us what you know about your (character's) family. Also, what do you think of Ottofar's play yesterday?

Tiruin
...And I'm unsure on that matter of confirmed town. You're a flavor role cop, right? How does that fall into the context of town, unless I'm missing something?
I'm not entirely sure what the point of a scum-aligned flavour cop would be. As in previous games, this role is town-aligned. I'm not sure how much effort I should expend trying to convince you as even the Inquisitors were pleased to see you hang.

ZU
nqt: what point are u trying to make a bout being magical. looks like semantics to me
No, there's a magic keyword for abilities (check the OP). Yesterday I'd guessed that Tiruin was magic and I asked her about it and she lied. She's since admitted that her abilities do have the magic keyword.

griffinpup
Flavor is very important in this game, so let's look at the flavor at the end of day one and at the beginning of day two. 
“Be happy, but do not rejoice yet; though we have killed a maleficar, there are many more yet among us.
-snip
Remember what happened yesterday - that was the proof. The proof that this town is plagued by the Satan’s associates, and any God-fearing man would do anything in his power to rid them from this earth!
The captain rejoins the others watching the group, now smaller by one.

“You chose well.”

Apparently we lynched the right person yesterday.  The flavor certainly says so.  I see absolutely no reason to repeat the success.
I'm inclined to agree in general, but for the moment Tiriun is pretty benign, while Dariush in openly lying about his profession details and trying to get me lynched instead has revealed himself as a witch.

Leafsnail
Baskets.  A.
Correctomondo. If you're a witch then you're probably not an amnesiac cultist witch. Also, I'm glad you don't think your name could be Bronoparte, Napoleon's hipper cousin.

As for the themes of the setting— I wonder who the Kurtz figure is...

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #643 on: August 22, 2013, 05:48:46 am »

...And I'm unsure on that matter of confirmed town. You're a flavor role cop, right? How does that fall into the context of town, unless I'm missing something?
I'm not entirely sure what the point of a scum-aligned flavour cop would be. As in previous games, this role is town-aligned. I'm not sure how much effort I should expend trying to convince you as even the Inquisitors were pleased to see you hang.
Point noted, however this point is fraught with the same suspicion I held on you yesterday.

'As even-'

That statement there is what leads me to guess that you're trying to insert trivial points on me. But sure, let's drop the idea on common ground. But there is nothing wrong with me stating my suspicions, is there?

What makes you doubt the possibility of a scum-aligned flavor cop? And what is the general point of a town flavor cop, given your reasoning?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #644 on: August 22, 2013, 12:47:46 pm »

@Leafsnail:
I am town and not the Death Shaman.
Yes.

@Toaster:

@Toaster:
Yes, but you vote me and call me a death shaman, and you don't want to vote the death shaman because he WANTS to die.  Ergo, if you vote me, you don't really think I'm the death shaman.
Ah you got me.  That's a perfectly normal answer.

A better question though, is why are you trying to lynch the guy that can res himself who knows how many times when we could be lynching better targets?

@Zombie Urist:
toaster you do realize gpup listed picks? who do u suspect?
Are you typing via phone?  Why has your spelling gotten worse?

@IronyOwl:
Could you expound (my new favorite word, thanks Tiruin)?

Extend
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 84