Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 84

Author Topic: Witches' Coven: In the Heart of Darkness [GAME OVER: 4/13]  (Read 200950 times)

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
Re: Witches' Coven: In the Heart of Darkness [D2: 12/13]
« Reply #585 on: August 20, 2013, 12:55:47 pm »

Yeah, I missed your question. Way to overreact. It was a random guess. I don't see how NQT's 'inspection' confirms him, since he could have said absolutely any tidbit that could be remotely relevant to anybody's flavor and thus 'confirm' himself. I could say that I found a receipt for a set of old clothes in your house, but that wouldn't make me a flavourcop.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: August 20, 2013, 01:02:23 pm »

@Toaster:
Toony:
ugh come on guys
What did you mean by this?
I woke up late to see a Tiruin lynch.

@NQT:
Everyone
The more information we have the better. If Tiruin had been more forthcoming and clearer sooner she might have avoided being lynched. Still, her death gives us useful intelligence: amongst us there is a death shaman. If anyone has anything they want to share, go ahead.
While it's true I mentioned a Death Shaman I only learned of that knowledge last night for reasons I'd like to withhold for now.

Toaster and Toony
Yeah, I figured that's what you meant. I assume you're an inquisitor, then?
That would be the obvious conclusion, yes.
NQT: Care claiming who you inspected N0?
You never answered Toaster, who did you inspect N0 and now N1?
Unfortunately, I couldn't do any investigation N0. Last night I investigated Leafsnail, Ottofar and Dariush. The latter two didn't lie about their names and professions. This is only the first round of investigations and a closer look at any of them will turn up more.
Cool.

Toonyman
I'm a spirit bound with only one goal. To search for my polar opposite. To bind him by keeping him alive. And to survive--my everything is directed at only benevolent intent, and as a side, I was geared to use it on any mislynch, ever.
Tiruin casts her ward at ToonyMan.
ToonyMan has been Warded!l
Are you Tiruin's opposite? Are you magical? Are you a death shaman? Why would Tiruin think you were?
Unfortunately, no.  I was able to learn the Death Shaman wishes to die during the game, because of this, I have deemed you are very likely not the Death Shaman and more likely town if anything else.

@Zombie Urist:
@Zombie Urist:
Why shouldn't you die today?
pfp cuz im not scum
Does that mean a witch?  Or a malevolent third-party, like, a Death Shaman that Tiruin must have been warning?
Both.
How about your dumb cases on NQT and Okami, and then the sudden switch onto Ottofar and Tiruin at the end?  Wouldn't that be somebody purposely acting scummy to get lynched?

My other picks are Leafsnail and Ottofar.  We need to be very careful we don't lynch the Death Shaman, from what I gathered.

Leafsnail especially.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: August 20, 2013, 01:13:32 pm »

Toony: I tried and failed to understand your case on Leafsnail, what was it and why did you vote zombie this morning instead?
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: August 20, 2013, 01:55:17 pm »

Toony: I tried and failed to understand your case on Leafsnail, what was it and why did you vote zombie this morning instead?
Yesterday, I was suspicious of Leafsnail for his case on Ottofar and also he was keeping his name secret for some reason.  Today, I can see that because he may be acting like a "jester".

Honestly, I think Leafsnail is more likely to be this "jester" and I'm seeing if he's going to continue ignoring it or act in some way.  I voted Zombie Urist as a second choice.  I still need to vote scummy people after all.

I forgot to include you for my scum picks, seeing how you acted almost in cahoots with Zombie Urist, but I resisted slightly given the past history with both of you and the fact votes haven't really wracked up on you (unlike ZU at one point) which means you either aren't aiming for that or you're incompetent.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: August 20, 2013, 02:23:41 pm »

Dariush
NQT: did anybody tell you you're stupid? Apart from roughly a million times that I know of, that is. Did you really expect me to continue working on clothing during the witchhunt? I don't have any apprentices. I have prospered because I wasn't suffering until you appeared in my life.

Claim LS's flavour. Now. Then we'll se if he'll confirm it. I have absolutely no reason to believe you didn't just fakeclaim at the last possible moment to save your worthless hide otherwise.
This is one braindead witch strategy big D. I gave details only Leafsnail would know, or weren't you paying attention? Regardless, you are a liar and you're getting lynched. Caught you on two things:

Clothing has been left unfinished for several days — we've been witch hunting for precisely one day

There were signs of apprentices in your shop — crude tools, botched clothes, and the like

I have claimed unique details for Leafsnail (his first name, the colour of his blanket). Maybe he's a witch too and is going to try to bluster a lynch on me like you. I've got details on Ottofar, but he's up for replacement and so can't confirm. Maybe that's convenient for you?

Everyone
Yeah this means you too

You can't all be witches, so hear me out. Dariush has just wilfully lied on two points— he's not been at work for a few days proceeding the witch-hunt yet he tries to deflect the matter. Also he denies there being apprentices at his shop but I saw the evidence myself. If he was a townie unsure on any of these points he could have PM'd LNCP for confirmation. His strategy at this point is to try to discredit me as a cop and push a lynch. He doesn't want to own up to the bullshit he pulled yesterday (unsupportable case, completely ignoring me for the second half of the day). I'm pretty sure most of you aren't dumb enough to buy this. Right now, there is no better lynch candidate than the lying witch Dariush.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: August 20, 2013, 06:11:14 pm »

NQT is right about my role.  See, with someone unclaimed we can confirm that he's not just copying roleclaims.

I'll quote post by post because multiquoting is fucking impossible on a phone.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: August 20, 2013, 06:16:37 pm »

Leafsnail
How wealthy would you say you were?
Not hugely.  I get by, but I don't have any spare cash or time.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: August 20, 2013, 06:22:40 pm »

Lenglon
Why not?
because you can't catch someone in a lie if they haven't claimed anything yet. by telling him what you know you also tell him what he can't afford to lie about. claiming one fact proves you aren't lying about your inspect, claiming more makes it easier to evade your questions. be careful about how you phrase your questions btw, or you'll give away what you know when you ask them.
This is silly.  If my role is suspicious then NQT can vote me for it and it doesn't really matter whether I claimed beforehand.  If my role is not suspicious then I have no reason to lie and me claimijg beforehand does nothing.  What are you hoping to find, exactly?

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: August 20, 2013, 06:33:14 pm »

Leafsnail: Keep your word and claim please. NQT has proven himself, now it is time for you to prove yourself.
What word would that be?  I'll answer any questions NQT has, but if he doesn't think me claiming would be helpful then why would it be?

I've had an idea.  Let's imagine that there's a hidden coven of witches.  They aren't part of society.  They want to move in and take it over, but it would be difficult to do it as outsiders.  So they decide that they need to become insiders by replacing the townspeople.

To properly replace someone, you need to know enough information about them to act as a convincing replacement.  Otherwise someone may notice the difference in name and profession.

I put it to you that such a cult exists in this game.  It was made clear in the OP that witches can replace people, and it explains the lack of death in the night.  And your strange desire to extract as many details about my role as possible now that I've been inspected.

UnvoteLenglon, what do you think?

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: August 20, 2013, 06:38:40 pm »

NQT's points on Dariush seem solid.  I'd suggest that the botched clothes are there because he got replaced by a witch who cannot tailor for shit though.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: August 20, 2013, 07:10:44 pm »

Leafsnail: you agree with NQT's points on how he caught out Dariush on lying during his claim, and yet refuse to claim anything about yourself. This gives you no opportunity to get caught on such things, or in other words, to get caught lying if you aren't who you say you are. and then you have the gall to vote me over insisting that you claim before NQT says everything he learned about you? how scummy can you get?
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: August 20, 2013, 07:27:17 pm »

No.

Dariush was caught because NQT noticed a suspicious looking thing and asked a question about it.  His willingness to give up random pieces of information to the world at large prior to NQT's question didn't come into it.

You haven't commented on my theory.  Why?  I am not going to help you create a better doppelgabger of me, btw.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: August 20, 2013, 08:27:03 pm »

Votecount:
Dariush  - 2 -  notquitethere, Dariush
IronyOwl  - 0 - 
Griffinpup  - 1 -  Toaster
Leafsnail  - 1 -  Lenglon
Lenglon  - 1 -  Leafsnail
notquitethere  - 1 -  Dariush
Okami no Rei  - 0 - 
Ottofar  - 0 - 
Toaster  - 0 - 
Toonyman  - 0 - 
Vector  - 0 - 
zombie urist  - 1 -  ToonyMan
-
Not Voting  - 5 - 
No Lynch  - 0 -  IronyOwl, Ottofar, griffinpup, Vector, Okami No Rei
-
Extend  - 0 - 
Shorten  - 0 - 

The Day will end Thursday, 22nd of August, 8PM GMT.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

FE2: on rereading I see that I missed this one too
Also that's pretty clearly my wincon considering the trap I was trying to set up before you ruined it in return for a completely useless question.
Now that the trap is sprung, are you going to soft-claim?  Or are you holding out on that for a different trap?
No.  The reason I'm not softclaiming is more because I see no benefit to doing so today.  Nobody has any flavour based information that could help deduce alignments, and further I don't think it's likely that any of the roles would stand out as obviously scum since the witches can doppelgang.  Thus claiming today just gives the mafia better targets for tonight.  The case for flavour claiming day two is a lot stronger (it's more likely that someone will actually have some relevant info) so I'll claim then.
Leafsnail: why did you lie at the underlined point in this quote?

I haven't said anything about your theory because I don't have any information on the subject, and you're trying to waste time dodging around and refusing to claim until NQT tells you what you're at risk of being caught lying about. If you insist on me presenting an opinion, I think that you're either scum, insane, or know something I don't.

Leafsnail: explain the mechanics of this theory of yours, how would a ?cult? require the flavor of someone in order to recruit them, and why would a cult member care... at all... about getting the flavor of a single person when the entire rest of the town has claimed?

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: August 20, 2013, 10:19:31 pm »

oh, and in your crazy theory:
Leafsnail: if I am after your flavor, why am I insisting that NQT not claim it for you?
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 84