Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 100

Author Topic: Toon Mafia VII - But I Don't Want To Re:Love! [Game Over]  (Read 169666 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Toon Mafia VII - But I Don't Want To Re:Love! [Day 3]
« Reply #1020 on: June 23, 2013, 07:40:33 pm »

I apologize for my own tardiness. It's been the weekend of one of our numerous country fairs and I've had some familial issues. Even this post is going to be a bit cut very short by it.

Also, I did find that picture entertaining Solifuge. Poor kitty kitty...
This holds true for me, but replace familial issues with tons of workload from university >_<
Ford: Why the utter silence yesterday?
Solifuge: I'd love to wonder why you were silent yesterday...But I still love your art. :I

Toaster for the moment. Reasoning comes tonight. I'd want to prod him and ZU on their basis on voting Cado yesterday.

Anti-town, on Toaster's side. And pretty much an explanation on
I am voting you only because the vote was tied and because you're much scummier than Dariush.
*only because*.

Also:
I already posted my reasons. Dismissing it as "lazy" doesn't make them invalid.
Yeah. Your claim doesn't match up to your actions at all, your reasons for not wanting to claim your house number doesn't make any sense, Dariush is totally not tunneling even though everyone says he is, the argument "you should also scumhunt other people" can apply to anyone, including yourself. Also your flavor-claim feels like total BS.
Doesn't match up. HOW.
Reasons not wanting to claim. HOW.
Countering the argument on Dar's tunneling, HOW?
Flavor claim being total BS. HOW?!!?

You're brevity speaks your intent to lynch quickly without giving ANY explanation on HOW.

I will hit you with a shovel when this game ends.

NQT arrives first at school and quietly address classmates as they arrive bleary-eyed in the morning.

"Phew, those girls weren't really loyal to the school so their absence won't be terribly missed. Tiruin-sama, Griffion-san, why didn't you use you suspension vote yesterday? How are you going to stop bullies with that attitude?"
"That was the time wherein I was in one of my contemplation activities. See, I'm busy reading, and reading. Reading on other things not related to the situation of bullying at the moment (RL), but then I had a break to sort it all out. I speedread the rest when Cado-san said the timer ticking down. A-

"Suspension vote means an Extend vote, right? I'm pretty sure I used it. If by that you mean 'Vote Dariush to tie the day', that was part of my contemplation.

"See, while I my read on Cado-san was purely confirmed third-party, I was curious about his antics earlier from two days ago (D1) and how he acted (D2). His pointedness dropped, and his issuance of who his role was was pretty much..intriguing. It wouldn't match the note of a serial killer, as I think that was already Vector-sama. It didn't match a lyncher-type role, as far as he said he 'needs' a town boy to stay with him for a night. Pretty much confused, actually, but the curiosity on the matter would still hold on the basis that we've got three bullies.

Five people voted for him, and I'm quite sure two of them are pretty much misled, or acting on grounds of being stupid. Or have a totally different viewpoint that they can't see the incredulosity of Cado-san's actions. No offense Cado, I know you left your tape recorder around here somewhere.

"And I'm pretty unsure what fact of my attitude you're poking at there, because that only details my attitude at that moment, and doesn't state what attitude it represents, or is characterized by."

Tiruin brings out a yellow book and flips it to the prologue.
"You need to make some basis on what to question by, like this book. See the introduction? It gives sense to the content."

PFP for later because arghgh busy.

...The more I look at Sol's bah post, the more I see how cute his drawing style is. >___<

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1021 on: June 23, 2013, 08:47:35 pm »

Sorry about not posting, I keep putting it off and then not doing it and then putting it off again.  Story of my life, really.

Dariush is still a pretty scummy, for reasons elaborated on yesterday.  I really don't see any of his actions as scumhunting so much as trying to get people lynched.

@zombie urist: Do you have any scumreads?  Why aren't you stating them?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1022 on: June 23, 2013, 08:51:41 pm »

...That quote tag is messed up. Granted, there's nothing out of the line except for an added quote box. Argh.

Sorry about not posting, I keep putting it off and then not doing it and then putting it off again.  Story of my life, really.
"Any reason why you're coming to class late?"

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
  • Eating dragons has some side effects...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1023 on: June 23, 2013, 08:52:27 pm »

Ford: Why the utter silence yesterday?
Burn-out and real life anxieties got the better of me. I'm back now.

Toaster for the moment. Reasoning comes tonight. I'd want to prod him and ZU on their basis on voting Cado yesterday.
Why Toaster and not, say, Leafsnail?

Anyways, I have answers to some questions.
- When I crash down, everyone will notice AND they'll all know which house I hit. (I was completely wrong on that point)
- The person who lives in the house will be evicted. No one else will be harmed, even if they are visiting that house at the time.

Captain Ford: Tonight is when you fall grandly from the sky in a blaze of glory. This is the chance for us to turn this game around and kill a scum player. How can we help you with your descent?
This is indeed the night, but what makes my one-shot kill any better than the lynch?

As for how to help me, any information that would improve my odds of hitting scum is beneficial.

FIRST of all, if anyone has visited a house belonging to either of the two who were driven out by bullies and witnessed whoever pulled it off, you should speak up now.

SECOND, I would like to know who Leafsnail and Dariush visited (if anyone) and whose silhouettes they saw, as they're the ones I'm most suspicious of at this juncture.

If there's a cop out there who could point to a house and say there's DEFINITELY scum living there, that would, of course, be ABSOLUTELY PERFECT.

PPE: Leafsnail
...Holy shit. Ford, you get the Official Medal of Epic Awesomeness.
Its official! Ford! You need to put it in your sig now! "Official Mafia Welcomer!"

griffinpup

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Toon Mafia VII - But I Don't Want To Re:Love! [Day 2]
« Reply #1024 on: June 24, 2013, 12:07:01 am »

I’ll address this first shall I? Some small minute things first.
So how about you claim your house so that someone will be able to visit? :-/ Also, is your wincon game-ending? Do you leave the game?

When I first saw this I thought it was just a towny being suspicious but scum would have a huge reason to learn what house he lives in and if his ability is game ending. I think it was obvious that you didn’t plan on helping him at all in the first place so how would knowing any of this information help you. To me it looks like you are going for an easy lynch or you are just trying to siphon away some information to help yourself and your scumbuddies.
If you haven't noticed, Town also has a huge incentive to know if his wincon is game ending.  If it was, town would lose too.  Knowing his house would theoretically help a mafia member by eliminating a house off of the potential townie house list, but it would also help a townie member to find out who's house is mafia's, and who's house isn't.
Moving on.
Solifuge, are you planning to do anything that isn't contentless shitpictureposts today? Your 'main' post yesterday (#748) was basically defending Lenglon, stealing other people's reasons for voting Nerjin (those reason being stealing other people's reasons for votes) and FOSMGUSing me for... lurking? Seriously? That's the best case you've got after an entire day? (well, not counting your 'case' on Nerjin)
What I want to point out here is not really your posturing towards Solifuge but the way you’re FOSing nerjin. “scum but less so”. first, you are scum or you are not. You can’t technically be “less so”. I feel like there is an almost general consensus that Nerjin is likely scum compared to silifuge who while has been playing poorly for sure, has not been giving off major scumtells. This portion of your post looks more like you trying to say “nerjin is scum, but I’m not going to really pay any attention to him because he is my scum buddy”. You FOS and then forget. Seems legit.
Point obviously completely reliant on both Nerjin and Dariush being scum.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
A lot of fluff so I’ll skip to this part.
Really?  A lot of fluff?  You are picking and choosing choice examples of Dariush's posts, while claiming to go through every single one.
He explains a HUGE logical fallacy in RangerCado's thinking, something that you conveniently forget. 
Even though my read on you fell through the floor, I'm still going to give you one last chance to redeem yourself. Claim your house.

Did you seriously threaten him to just tell you his house number? That thing that you can use to kill him. Well, ranger’s reasons for not saying his house number are dumb due to the fact that we already agreed that scum wouldn’t target him but there are other reasons that I have already stated in posts before this one as to why he wouldn’t want to claim his house.
your reasons for "why he wouldn't want to claim his house"  would be more valid if RangerCado ever agreed with them, or commented on them in any positive form whatsoever.  He didn't.  Therefore we can conclude that your guess of why he did what he did is wrong.
Here you are trying to pull the information out of him, and later as we will see soon, you attack him for claiming due to being hesitant. No matter what he would be guilty. Way to use that good old catch 22 on him there. No matter what, he is one screwed mafia player. 
It's my personal opinion that the fact that RangerCado yielded under pressure while not really changing his opinion is what really made him scummy.
Isn't that a bit too early to make assumptions?
Lazy ass is being lazy. You are avoiding the area of trying to make “assumptions” because he is your scumbudy and you don’t want to put him in everyone’s line of focus.  You’re also not posting anything here with significant content.

Of course it's a bit to early to make assumptions.  HE HASN'T POSTED YET!  He also answered your questions.  What more content do you want?
Ah, I think Nerjin-san is a big stupid head. Why would he leave us? was he a stupid bully? And i think they are all good people! Except Tiruin-san. Hes a bit on the mean side, De Arimasu! (amidoingitright
NQT
NQT-San is obvously a bully! De Arimasu!
Wow, you're stupid.

Why did we even let him into this game?...
“Ahaha, good old Dariush, just being mean to everybody :P He is just acting natural and is a grump, now time for me to go pay attention to someone who isn't Dar~” Trying to look natural when attacking someone wile presenting no content… seeing as this is the replacement of your scumbuddy of course you would avoid starting a real case on them.
Do you need a thorough examination of IG's three posts to understand why he was playing bad?  I'd assume that was obvious.  But again, your whole point is completely reliant on Nwejin AND Dariush being scum.
Moving on.
Well that escalated quickly. His response was dumb, no question about it, but you just go right in and say that he is scum. PLEASE! what I see is you saying, "hey! Cado looks weak, suspicious and dumb! Time to go pick on him and start an easy bandwagon because no one will ever notice! and when his role flip come and it's seen that he was actually telling the truth, who cares!? He wasn't a good player anyway! Pshaw~" that summarizes my point for this post. Next!
Do you disagree with anything specific in this post of his, or are you going to stick with interpreting the meaning posts without actually disagreeing with the content?  You accuse him of calling Cado scum.  How does this make him scummy?  Note that his is the only complaint that you actually have about the CONTENT of this post. 
He said in an irritated manner with nothing actually backing up what he is saying. Because you are scum, I'm sure you realize that at first it would be easy enough for you and your scumbuddies to say "show us" and Ranger would have to claim if he kept his promise. Instead he raised it so this would be less likely to happen.
WTF?  If I understand this correctly, you're main complaint about this post of his is that he was irritated and he didn't quote the posts that prove him right.  Then you give a rambling explanation of why Cado would raise the bar is if it makes Dariush scum for not automatically assuming that's what happened.  Of course, your logic is flawed.  If Cado's reasoning for raising the bar was that, he would of said so.  He also wouldn't of changed his mind under pressure.
I feel like I have already gone over this so I think I'm just going say this. You are simply attacking him... not making a case, not even thinking through your entire posts. There are two sides to each coin and between the two sides, heads and tails, your arguments lean heavily to the rear end if you can gather what I'm throwing down here. B-U-L-L-S-H-I-T. I think by using words like this you may be able to understand a little, eh, Daruish?
Did you disagree with the bolded part?  I don't care about a stupid coin.  I don't even care if he's just being a jerk.  I care about whether his statement is right or not.

I found you, and still find you, scummy. This question was not purely random, it was using the current circumstances presented to me to try to see if you were hiding something, and to see if you would reveal any poor cover up strategies with your scumbuddy. Gathering everyone's oppinions of ford's and ranger's roles was important because if people start contradicting themselves something may be up. Currently I see that you are leading a bit of a bandwaggon against ranger.
Is bandwagoning a valid scumtell?
Imperial Guardsman - Nerjin has left a bad taste in my mouth. How do you taste? What are your views of Nerjin. Specifically, I'm curious as to what you think of vote mania but I'm curious about your general reads. What do you think of PotL, Tiruin and Solifuge.
This question's purpose was to try to use the replacing player to "triangulate" whether Nerjin was scum or not. IG didn't play... as expected, so the question was null and void.
Everyone- Not asking for WIFOM, just some insight from the public, does anyone here have an opinion that they would like to share about the night. (Nk's, questionable actions etc.)
I think it is important to hear everyone's oppinions of what happened and how we should approach the day.
Birdy- Could you list the major problems with nerjin's and IG's play and try to justify why they played the way they did.
This is once again me attempting to "triangulate" their alignment. I do believe nerjin & accomplices are scum but continued pressure will likely yield greater results.
Dariush- I realize your a bit of a prickly cactus but you seem to change your votes more based on emotion, gut feeling and anger. Is this true? If so why, if not is there something you particularly find significant about your scumhunting?
Your "perfect scumhunting" isn't as perfect as you claim. Don't get full of your self. Your scumhunting day one was practically the opposite of perfect. You cursed people out for colours and pictures and then didn't lead a compelling case for the person you wished to lynch (solifuge) in case you have forgotten already. If you were perfect there would be no reason for us to question you in the first place because your perfect scumhunting would put a flawless case in front of our noses.
Does having an inflated opinion of ones scumhunting ability make someone scummy?  If not, I don't understand what place this paragraph has in this post.

OK. posting this tonight.  I"m not sure if I missed anything, i'm pretty tired.  I'll also probably finish responding to your post tomorrow.
PPE:  EVERYONE

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1025 on: June 24, 2013, 01:19:40 am »

Dariush is still a pretty scummy, for reasons elaborated on yesterday.  I really don't see any of his actions as scumhunting so much as trying to get people lynched.
Well this is incredibly lazy.

Yes, didn't feel like it.

NQT
"Phew, those girls weren't really loyal to the school so their absence won't be terribly missed.
Commenting on the night like this is scummy. Its in the same vein as saying something like "good thing the doctor protected the right person last night"

I'll get more posted tomorrow. I'm working on a super-top-secret programming project.
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1026 on: June 24, 2013, 01:33:21 am »

PFP

Well this is incredibly lazy.

Yes, didn't feel like it.

NQT
"Phew, those girls weren't really loyal to the school so their absence won't be terribly missed.
Commenting on the night like this is scummy. Its in the same vein as saying something like "good thing the doctor protected the right person last night"

I'll get more posted tomorrow. I'm working on a super-top-secret programming project.

Tiruin brings up Lenglon's tape recorder.
"Day 3, July. 9:32am. In which I get fully ignored by zombie urist.

"Day 3, wherein his post smells of suspicion. I'll be keeping an out on him."

Tiruin realizes her voice is loud enough for everyone to hear.

"What's so scummy about that comment? It does sound confusing (primarily the last part), but it doesn't ring scummy in any other way other than partial confusion. Or probably relief.

"What's with the comparison there? Also, blank comments. You're just giving your opinion with no follow up. What's up there? Pff..Lazy."

Why Toaster and not, say, Leafsnail?
"I'm busy reading up, ma'am. Leafsnail is more..detailed in his posts. WHile he and I don't see eye-to-eye, Toaster's recent activity just screams of 'I want you gone' for reasons more pointed towards malevolent intentions than not. I'll get that info later. Just you wait.

"While waiting, try some noodles I got. Also, why are you putting those two as your question there?

"...Why're you going to fall from the sky tonight yet you're with us in class today? Yes this is a serious question."

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #1027 on: June 24, 2013, 03:52:46 am »

So many scumasses, so little time.

Haha seriously. You didn't address me a single time during the game and now you preemptively jump onto the yesterday's bandwagon without even specifying what those reasons are, knowing you'll be joined by fuckasses like shiteatingBirdy, Shitnigami and NQT who sucks so much I don't even need to modify his name in any way to express my disdain.

Birdy, your adopted grandfather Nerjin was one of the (if not the) scummiest people in the game, your adopted father IG was a mentally deficient imbecile and now you did one of the most shameless bandwagon jumps I've ever seen on this board. I can understand one guy being stupid (or even two, if one of them is IG), but three scumasses replacing each other is a bit too unlikely to be independent of alignment.

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1028 on: June 24, 2013, 11:03:33 am »

What are you talking about?  :-\ I'll respond to the other parts of this post later.
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #1029 on: June 24, 2013, 03:49:31 pm »

Anyways, I have answers to some questions.
- When I crash down, everyone will notice AND they'll all know which house I hit. (I was completely wrong on that point)
- The person who lives in the house will be evicted. No one else will be harmed, even if they are visiting that house at the time.

Captain Ford: Tonight is when you fall grandly from the sky in a blaze of glory. This is the chance for us to turn this game around and kill a scum player. How can we help you with your descent?
This is indeed the night, but what makes my one-shot kill any better than the lynch?

As for how to help me, any information that would improve my odds of hitting scum is beneficial.

FIRST of all, if anyone has visited a house belonging to either of the two who were driven out by bullies and witnessed whoever pulled it off, you should speak up now.

SECOND, I would like to know who Leafsnail and Dariush visited (if anyone) and whose silhouettes they saw, as they're the ones I'm most suspicious of at this juncture.

If there's a cop out there who could point to a house and say there's DEFINITELY scum living there, that would, of course, be ABSOLUTELY PERFECT.

PPE: Leafsnail

I think you are undervaluing your ability. You replace who you evict. So, if you evict a bully, team scum has one player down and we gain a confirmed Townie in his place. That is not a bad deal at all. The only problem is steering into the right direction.

As for your other questions, I am afraid I cannot help you too much. I stayed home these last two days. I had a visitor on Night 1, but that was the extent of my excitement.

So many scumasses, so little time.

Haha seriously. You didn't address me a single time during the game and now you preemptively jump onto the yesterday's bandwagon without even specifying what those reasons are, knowing you'll be joined by fuckasses like shiteatingBirdy, Shitnigami and NQT who sucks so much I don't even need to modify his name in any way to express my disdain.

Birdy, your adopted grandfather Nerjin was one of the (if not the) scummiest people in the game, your adopted father IG was a mentally deficient imbecile and now you did one of the most shameless bandwagon jumps I've ever seen on this board. I can understand one guy being stupid (or even two, if one of them is IG), but three scumasses replacing each other is a bit too unlikely to be independent of alignment.

You hit the nail on the head about the bandwagoning. It was entirely shameless.

As far as I am concerned, I would have been much happier to see you get lynched than RangerCado, so I joined the band. Why? Because I believed that he was telling the truth about being a third-party. I stated that fact and attempted to justify his flailing, only to be ignored.

Then, there was you. A player who has done little to add to the game outside of repeated insults against other players, tunneling, and a blatant disregard to the swearing policy, because "I'm Dariush".

So, that being my situation, what would you have had me do? Sit down, shut up, and look pretty? Hell no. If someone is going to be lynched, it may as well be a player who I consider to be scummy, as opposed to one that is innocent. This is all a simple matter of common sense.

Keep who trust, lynch who you cannot trust.
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1030 on: June 24, 2013, 04:31:52 pm »

NQT, will you do the same thing you did the previous days, which is to add absolutely nothing to the game while people forget about you?

Your comment about the night results (probably a modkill) seems forced. It looks like you are saying: "hey guys, I am totally playing this game, look at me add real things to the game!". So, are you going to play, scum, or will ou just lurk some more?
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1031 on: June 24, 2013, 05:11:49 pm »

My view on this game is shifting, so a reread is required.

Deathsword:
(probably a modkill)

And how do you know this, sir?

NQT:  You are lurky as hell and totally noncommittal, though.  Why don't you give us some suspects?

Birdy:

So who do you trust?

Tiruin: (On missed question)

That's quite the narrow viewpoint you've got there, as well as the lack of definitives, Toaster. I take it you're not seeing my context on him when you accuse me of 'defending'? Explain how I would go out of my way to defend someone flailing like that, given your take on me.

Oh.  No wonder I couldn't find it, because I did answer this:

My take on you is that you can spin endless wordy arguments when someone is running counter to your arguments, be it a lynch case on you or someone you don't want lynched.  If you're putting that effort into Ranger, which is pretty much to the exclusion of everything else at this point, you REALLY don't want him lynched.  It's gone beyond "I think he's town and therefore a mislynch" and into "he's my scumbuddy and I want to save him."

Since Ranger wasn't mafia, I have no idea why you wasted so much time defending him.  Yes, it was a waste of time even if he wasn't mafia.

Though, I see my wording must've choked.
I find it unrealistic, in any form or way, for someone to just puff out a claim like that out of thin air
Means that I'm against him being a lying liar (and thus, disbelieving everything he says) due to how absurd the plan seems to be. Why would scum make up such a claim as that, faff around with the numerical equivalent of 'Where am I' and then...get to that point?

I've learned that just because someone does something stupid doesn't mean you can rule them out as scum.  Scum are not immune to derpy mistakes, and don't always plan well.

Confirmation bit

Then don't say he's confirmed if you don't mean it.  Confirmed is a strong, meaningful word in this game.

I think that's addressed everything from you, but tell me if you disagree.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1032 on: June 24, 2013, 05:30:55 pm »

Deathsword:
(probably a modkill)

And how do you know this, sir?
They were both lurking for the entire game. Toonyman mentioned some people hadn't sent their actions. It's not hard to see that they were probably modkilled due to extreme inactivity.
[/quote]
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #1033 on: June 24, 2013, 06:27:23 pm »

Birdy:

So who do you trust?

There are two players who I am willing to trust. Everyone else, I have either not had enough time to know their behaviour or I have a negative read on them.

Captain Ford is first player. The fact that he is a satellite that is going to come crashing down from sky, and the fact that he has a silhouette to back his story up feels very genuine to me. 

The second player would be Tiruin. I believe her to be one of the town's strongest assets right now. She has a level head on her shoulders that doesn't lend itself well to bull crap. That's the kind of trait that I like to see.
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1034 on: June 24, 2013, 06:44:26 pm »

PFP - work got me yesterday, working now today on that Toaster post as well as pokes.

birdy
Birdy:

So who do you trust?

There are two players who I am willing to trust. Everyone else, I have either not had enough time to know their behaviour or I have a negative read on them.

Captain Ford is first player. The fact that he is a satellite that is going to come crashing down from sky, and the fact that he has a silhouette to back his story up feels very genuine to me. 
Err, though I see your point there, that's just a claim. You can claim the satellite, and make up anything to come by it. Unless you've seen his silhouette in person.

The second player would be Tiruin. I believe her to be one of the town's strongest assets right now. She has a level head on her shoulders that doesn't lend itself well to bull crap. That's the kind of trait that I like to see.
...So you haven't seen the same traits in other players?

What are you talking about?  :-\ I'll respond to the other parts of this post later.
"You could've said so..."

Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 100