Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 100

Author Topic: Toon Mafia VII - But I Don't Want To Re:Love! [Game Over]  (Read 169564 times)

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
Re: Toon Mafia VII - But I Don't Want To Re:Love! [Day 2]
« Reply #990 on: June 17, 2013, 05:25:48 pm »

Yeah. Your claim doesn't match up to your actions at all, your reasons for not wanting to claim your house number doesn't make any sense, Dariush is totally not tunneling even though everyone says he is, the argument "you should also scumhunt other people" can apply to anyone, including yourself. Also your flavor-claim feels like total BS.

Solifuge is playing???
This looks very forced.

The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #991 on: June 17, 2013, 05:45:44 pm »

Yeah. Your claim doesn't match up to your actions at all, your reasons for not wanting to claim your house number doesn't make any sense, Dariush is totally not tunneling even though everyone says he is, the argument "you should also scumhunt other people" can apply to anyone, including yourself. Also your flavor-claim feels like total BS.

Solifuge is playing???
This looks very forced.
Your post sounds lazy and your previous makes it feel like your only voting me because the vote was tied five hours from the deadline. Your vote is lazy and adds to the band wagon.

Death: Where are you and what are your continued reasons for voting me, or moving your vote if you decide to? And give a decent post, ie don't do what Zombie just did.
The best ship is the one where one of them is literally allergic to the other~
Quote from: NakaTeleeli
"A room ain't messy less you can't find nothin!"
[/quote]

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #992 on: June 17, 2013, 05:48:17 pm »

I am voting you only because the vote was tied and because you're much scummier than Dariush.

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #993 on: June 17, 2013, 06:09:06 pm »

I am voting you only because the vote was tied and because you're much scummier than Dariush.
...How does this make you not lazy? You haven't even built a case or said what you agree with with those voting me or anything... Dude, these are the laziest reasons i've seen... Ever. If you get away with this, i will post a gif of me smashing my face into a desk.
[/quote]

Shinigami_King

• Bay Watcher
  • My flavor text tastes like apples!
    • View Profile
« Reply #994 on: June 17, 2013, 06:19:53 pm »

hmmm... we don't have much time left and I personally see that Dariush should hang so I'm going to ask everyone to read the OP of my post. It states quite clearly why he is scum. I'll list the main points here as well for you guys for quick reference.

-He has aggressively been attacking others with little to no reasoning.
-He has been asking questions that make him look suspicious
-He is going easy on Nerjin/Birdy who everyone else seems to agree looks rather scummy at this point (I believe he is his scumbuddy)
-Threatened ranger to give away his personal information i.e. his house number.
-Used catch 22 in the way that no matter how he answered, ranger would lose
-Avoided a questions based on his thoughts on his scumbuddy birdy.
-Uses his natural angry way of addressing people as a facade to cover up his scummy actions
-Takes advantage of ranger's claim and leads the bandwaggon
-Hypocritical (not much to go on but it all adds up.)
-His posts contain literal real life bullying and carry no weight or content for a case. His posts are fluff. Spiky painful fluff but still fluff.
-Avoids questions directed at him because... I don't know... he doesn't have to stoup to that level... he is a selfish guy... he is scum.
-Claims he is perfect. (once again not much but really? Also take note he answered a legitimate question with this as his answer.)
-Refuses to acknowledge the fact that questions asked may actually have reasons for being asked *gasp*
-Only weighs in the pure negative aspects and claims that new information mixed with old should be labeled as "all old information"
-Incredibly lazy. (seeing as he is using this in his cases might as well use it in the case against him)
-Refuses to even address the case made against him.

There is obviously more to each of these things and I'm sure I missed some but as you can see, Dariush is incredibly scummy. I just wrote this post in about 3 minutes. If I can gather that many solid scumtells from him in that amount of time then "I think" we can feel fairly certain that he is a perfect candidate for being rotten scum.
"When the first living thing existed, I was there waiting. When the last living thing dies, my job will be finished. I'll put the chairs on the tables, turn out the lights and lock the universe behind me when I leave"
"Death is not a hunter unbeknownst to its prey. One is always aware that it lies in wait. Though life is merely a journey to the grave, it must not be undertaken without hope. Only then will a traveler's story live on, cherished by those who bid him farewell."

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #995 on: June 17, 2013, 07:02:17 pm »

There is another post incoming (keeping track of the shitstorm going around here), but I'd like to point out something about this last post:
Spoiler: spoiler'd for size (click to show/hide)
There is obviously more to each of these things and I'm sure I missed some but as you can see, Dariush is incredibly scummy. I just wrote this post in about 3 minutes. If I can gather that many solid scumtells from him in that amount of time then "I think" we can feel fairly certain that he is a perfect candidate for being rotten scum.
In short, most of those are not scumtells.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
Re: Toon Mafia VII - But I Don't Want To Re:Love! [Day 1]
« Reply #996 on: June 17, 2013, 07:14:57 pm »

Also, I'm lazy~
-Incredibly lazy. (seeing as he is using this in his cases might as well use it in the case against him)
-Hypocritical (not much to go on but it all adds up.)
>__>

...How does this make you not lazy? You haven't even built a case or said what you agree with with those voting me or anything... Dude, these are the laziest reasons i've seen... Ever. If you get away with this, i will post a gif of me smashing my face into a desk.
I already posted my reasons. Dismissing it as "lazy" doesn't make them invalid.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #997 on: June 17, 2013, 07:24:26 pm »

PFP Argh headaches and work. Unvote due to lack of response. When does day end?..And by that, what time in UTC/GMT is Toony's day end time? Would be back later to get that re-read going.

Toaster
Your post here really comes off as twisting words (or..something along those lines. I'm checking your intention, and there seems to be something wrong in that approach that I can't pinpoint).

Believe it?  I'm watching you do it.

Because he's anti-town, as in his interests are against the town.  Even if he's telling 100% truth, his interest in town only lies in a single male townie finding his way to his doorstep- he has no true investment in scum hunting.
> No true investment in scumhunting? Whatever happened to your own principles regarding scumhunting, huh? If there's a threat, then that threat will always be a priority, something I see Ranger is still trying to achieve despite flailing around on his case--which is a defensive reaction in communication, but not altogether categorized under negative communication. Yea, the only objectives I see are him either following up on his claim of Town Boy Must Meet Me, but whether or not he did claim his house number is still up to said TOwn Boy choosing to meet him there. He can't move from his house, as he said, but he can act--which forwards my idea of Ability use being tied with not being in transit and being in your own house.

Scum are still a threat to him as they are for his objective, so I'm quite wondering how he has no true investment present.

> He has damned himself given that case. Nobody can choose to go to said house, and he'll be left hanging. The fact that people want to lynch him (which speaks of a WASTED LYNCH) forwards that fact, and you seem to be prodding that notion in a twisted way, going along the lines of setting up a springboard on those who may be defending his case based on what facts are present on ground of 'defending.' Something I'd like to question as you see people (specifically me) as scumbuddies with him. The question which you missed was stated here.
I take it you're not seeing my context on him when you accuse me of 'defending'?
due to me seeing that with all my posts, it would be rather obvious of what I was trying to say (and that you're the first to state that I'm defending him as compared to the rest on his case and all)

How the hell would his flipping scum prove anything other than he's a lying liar who lies a lot?
I can sense by wording and in judging from his previous posts that he isn't just wasting time in lying lying lying and fluffing the thread with his words as there's quite a fine line between accusing, evading, deflecting and lying. From that line, I find it unrealistic, in any form or way, for someone to just puff out a claim like that out of thin air when nobody currently has stated anything against Ranger (vote or otherwise) and then for him to flip up in his own claim/case on something which is totally related to the claim: house number. How he proceeded onwards at the point puts him in my eye as a newbie, especially since he's being quite frank about everything. The fear of scum targeting him (which, IMO, would hardly be an excuse scum themselves would use when caught in that situation) seems like the simplest idea. He doesn't stand on the notion of post-school/pre-house visits, hence me concluding that.

This doesn't answer my question at all.  What relevance does this have to attacking house number as opposed to player?
That does answer your question, at all. But perhaps my answer isn't what you were expecting, huh. I answered to the notion  of what him flipping scum would prove in a cause-effect basis. If he flips scum, his posts would be something to read over, and that's my checking on his posts beforehand.

Though, I see my wording must've choked.
I find it unrealistic, in any form or way, for someone to just puff out a claim like that out of thin air
Means that I'm against him being a lying liar (and thus, disbelieving everything he says) due to how absurd the plan seems to be. Why would scum make up such a claim as that, faff around with the numerical equivalent of 'Where am I' and then...get to that point?

That is also the question that you haven't answered. The hypothetical situation.

The hesitation seems to be the defining characteristic of most cases on him. Next is, you advocate a lynch on Ranger yet all I see in your past posts is a facade of aggression, along with the obstinacy of an opinion--something you're not backing up given how you word it. You're quite convinced: Why? What posts led you there?

Why do I need to quote something that bloody obvious?  Hell, you admit you see it as well? [1]
I do admit to seeing it, however you need to quote it because I think we've a misunderstanding on the minute aspects of what we're seeing. We've different PoV's, I'd like to remind you, and what you're pointing at with that bloody question is something I'm not specifying. It was a vague question to my general inquisition.

You're quite convinced: Why? What posts led you there?
> No quotes. States it's bloody obvious. Evades with appealing to my PoV, which is quite weird given how you're being so pointed with it.

I think you need to reasses your definition of the word "confirmed."
So what's your case on him? What makes him non-third party?

Oh no, don't you dodge that.  I'm not ruling out him being third party, but you have zero grounds to confirm him as non-mafia.
Tiruin gives a blank stare.
"That is a statement, not a question."
How am I theoretically dodging anything there? You state that I need to reconfigure my 'confirmation', and yet there are points which you miss in regard to quoting on Ranger which disables my confirmation. I have grounds to confirm him--yet that confirmation is in my own viewpoint--as I've no evidence based on moderator claim or fact. What my confirmation is, is due to what I've been prodding and poking around on Ranger.
[Last parts]
While, yes, I do agree with the hesitation and that weird turn there when Dar asked did strike as suspicious to me, it's in how the essence of his other posts strike me that changes the view of 'Total faffing mafia' to 'Weird flailing non-mafia'.

Extend.

ZU
"I love how you piggyback onto accusations without quoting your own case."

Tiruin brings out a black book and traces your words.

Solifuge is playing???
This looks very forced.
"Firstly, the last statement seems like a blank prod on Ranger's own statement. How is that 'very' forced, and how is it forced at all? What does that imply?

"Nextly, you're stating in declarative. How does it not match up for you? How do his reasons not make sense? Why're you countering his statement on Dar's tunneling when you can't pull up anything or expound on it yourself, and why the outright heel-faced-turn regarding Ranger when you only vote him at that point?

"Because the brevity doesn't speak to me like you're trying to justify a case, rather that you're trying to hammer what part of the majority believes."

Shinigami

Sorry, missed this on you asking me what you missed.
Sorry Tiruin. Could you answer my question that I asked earlier today. I would like you to confirm how I'm expected to answer your question before I answer it.

Tiruin- Daruish seems to have dropped more scumtells. I'll go in depth into my case with him by the end of the day.
Tiruin plays Lenglon's recorder as a gift from the good friend.

"Seems to."

"Is that all the difference there is? Because Dar..'seems to' have dropped more scumtells? Other than that, what's your take on them then?"

PPE DS, ZU

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #998 on: June 17, 2013, 07:26:24 pm »

Deathsword: Um, the 2 thing was for what house had 2 people in it that i knew of last night. (The quote proves it) So thats wrong. I had 2 people ask for what my house number was and asked for two more, then forgot i asked that when Dariush asked because i was tired. And if i claimed a fake house, why not whoever owns it call me out on it? And if i'm scum claiming a buddies house, my scum buddy just calls me out on it and busses me, making him/her seem a lot more townie as they lead the charge. And if you really think i'm third-party, leave me around doing nothing. I can't exactly harm anyone unless I vote in a way that causes a no-lynch, which doesn't help Town at all.
Yet you fail to adress why you, someone that requires people to visit you in order to win, would not claim your house with your role. As for no one counter claiming, if they do and you are scum (even if you are not), then the scum will know where they live. You may be a third party, but you may not be what you claim to be. Those are not mutually exclusive. You are non-town, so town loses nothing by lynching you.

I'll admit that constantly trying to justify Bullies going to kill me tonight is digging me a hole so i'll stop, but oh wait, you'll just accuse me leaving off because of being pressured to do so and only that reason. And if i continue, you'll just continue to use it against me. So your all set in your ways to lynch me. Why not vote for an Extension so we can get Solifuge and Phantom back here then? Doesn't hurt if your just gonna lynch me anyway, but I for one am not going to just sit here.

Dariush, Toaster, Deathsword: You've all staked your cases against me, building onto eachothers and using eachothers, yet you guys aren't scum hunting anyone else. Are you going to do so, or are you(looking at Dariush) going to yell at me some more?
The first part makes absolutely no sense. As of the time of the quoted post, I had questions for both lurkmaster Solifuge and now-up-for-replacement phantom. I'd hardly call that no one.

Deathsword: Expound that case on Ranger? I'm seeing a similarity on yours, Dar's and Toasties, but there's something I'm seeing in yours specifically: you're jumping on the notion of lying when he just asked for more people to prod on his house #. Why so?

What lies are to be had there, and what would Cado gain from all that?
I'm seeing a flailing [non-scum aligned] judging by how he built up his case, and someone who thinks too much on the notions at hand (and because it would be pretty amusing to see his plan in the scumchat going off like that..).

And that mean thing to Soli was him sitting on the sidelines making cat pictures. Because that's like a real blunt thing to say about him (and to disregard what he said and stuff).
I believe his claim to be utterly fake since as was said multiple times by now, it would be in his best intrests to tell people his house with his claim. Instead he kept delaying and delaying. Does this not seem strange? If his claim is true, scum has absolutely no reason to go after him. As I believed Leafsnail said, he could have simply failed to follow a scum-buddy's plan. As for flailing, scum can flail too. Yes, he is easy to emotionally crack (I did it in one of the private chats of elements 2, Ford has yet to post them in the thread), but that hardly makes him less scummy.

As for Solifuge, he is clearly lurking. And if the pictures really take that long (the inital ones maybe, but he can just re-use pictures now) he should just drop it and post in a normal way.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Shinigami_King

• Bay Watcher
  • My flavor text tastes like apples!
    • View Profile
« Reply #999 on: June 17, 2013, 07:45:46 pm »

Due to quoting difficulties this may be a little messy in formatting.
Zombie- I said that referring to how I have a hard time maintaining interest and I lose focus when reading a lot of text.
A. This has been an interesting game
B. Dariush is being lazy in an entirely different way.
"When the first living thing existed, I was there waiting. When the last living thing dies, my job will be finished. I'll put the chairs on the tables, turn out the lights and lock the universe behind me when I leave"
"Death is not a hunter unbeknownst to its prey. One is always aware that it lies in wait. Though life is merely a journey to the grave, it must not be undertaken without hope. Only then will a traveler's story live on, cherished by those who bid him farewell."

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1000 on: June 17, 2013, 08:12:40 pm »

Deathsword: So you were hunting the 2 most prominate lurkers? Wonderful, we needed that desperately. And all i have to say to constant wanting of my house number is i was an idiot to claim that in the first place. Claiming it makes me an easy kill by anyone and apparently a whole case from Death is built on that fact that i wasn't certain if i really wanted to claim my house number. And guess what, Dariush didn't just not answer one question, he's refused to answer a about 12 questions from both me and shinigami, and i think either from birdy or Tiruin.

Tiruin: Day ends in 1 hour 45 minutes from now.
[/quote]

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1001 on: June 17, 2013, 09:14:02 pm »

PFP

*sigh* 1 hour left when i'm writing this. My scum picks of the day, Dariush. Second up, Deathsword. Third, ZU. Fourth, Toaster.

My role is exactly as claimed. I'm in house 11, I can't leave house 11, I leave the game when a town boy visits my house alone, They do not. I can inspect a single house every night to figure out how many are there.

There were 2 people in house seven last night. I have no idea who except that Tiruin has claimed owning house 7.

I have no idea what else to say, but my role name flip will show that i'm telling the truth... Atleast it should prove some of it.

Don't let Dariush, ZU, and Toaster get off easy, especially Dariush. Someone keep an eye on Tiruin, she always seems town to me but something just doesn't feel right. If Dariush flips town, I think Tiruin will be mafia. This also goes both ways.

Ford, find out if you can crash into an empty house just incase.
[/quote]

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #1002 on: June 17, 2013, 09:58:38 pm »

Tiruin: Day ends in 1 hour 45 minutes from now.
...Hooray, right in the time where I've enough time to check back. Go speedreading. Curse this.

Someone keep an eye on Tiruin, she always seems town to me but something just doesn't feel right. If Dariush flips town, I think Tiruin will be mafia. This also goes both ways.
As always, I get the theoretical backhand. >_< But yeah, please do, because I'd be surprised if someone doesn't.

There were 2 people in house seven last night. I have no idea who except that Tiruin has claimed owning house 7.
No, I claimed living in house 7, but not owning it (while I do). How do you know that I own it?

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1003 on: June 17, 2013, 10:01:01 pm »

Tiruin: You got annoyed when i said house seven and then later said it was your house. I thought of that as owning the house... or do you have a roomate?
[/quote]

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1004 on: June 17, 2013, 10:01:39 pm »

And its day end. BAH!