Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 100

Author Topic: Toon Mafia VII - But I Don't Want To Re:Love! [Game Over]  (Read 169490 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Toon Mafia VII - But I Don't Want To Re:Love! [Day 3]
« Reply #1035 on: June 24, 2013, 07:00:21 pm »

Tiruin:
Err, though I see your point there, that's just a claim. You can claim the satellite, and make up anything to come by it. Unless you've seen his silhouette in person.

If someone claimed your silhouette, would you counterclaim?

Deathsword:
Deathsword:
(probably a modkill)

And how do you know this, sir?
They were both lurking for the entire game. Toonyman mentioned some people hadn't sent their actions. It's not hard to see that they were probably modkilled due to extreme inactivity.

So?  Given the modpost said

Ottofar-san (basically Phantom of the Library) as Princess-sama (third-party group girl) has been bullied away!

and

Solifuge-san as Maid-san (third-party group girl) follows Princess-sama in her footsteps!

...not modkilled, why would you think that?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Shinigami_King

• Bay Watcher
  • My flavor text tastes like apples!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1036 on: June 24, 2013, 07:24:11 pm »

Pup- Sorry, I've been busy. I understand the majority of the points you have listed so far and I will clarify the points I made that you didn't understand... later. I'm still busy.  :-\
Also, I think it was deathsword, I don't think these were modkills. I'll elaborate later.
"When the first living thing existed, I was there waiting. When the last living thing dies, my job will be finished. I'll put the chairs on the tables, turn out the lights and lock the universe behind me when I leave"
"Death is not a hunter unbeknownst to its prey. One is always aware that it lies in wait. Though life is merely a journey to the grave, it must not be undertaken without hope. Only then will a traveler's story live on, cherished by those who bid him farewell."

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #1037 on: June 24, 2013, 07:33:35 pm »

Tiruin:
Err, though I see your point there, that's just a claim. You can claim the satellite, and make up anything to come by it. Unless you've seen his silhouette in person.

"That'd be quite a longshot for them, and they'd have to verify what I'm holding. Because when I took my school I.D. I was apparently holding something. Heh.

"Also, I think I've someone else who would back me up on..err, verifying myself. Because that person I can trust as I know my house isn't...how you say, 'compromised.'

"Why are you asking things about identification now?"

PFFFFFFFF-P  :'(

"And to note on that death thing..it seems like Soli-san is tied to Phantom-san. He followed her, if you'd note the last declaration by our principal...But I'd really like to know how those aren't 'town-aligned'.

"Specifically to someone who isn't that notquitethere."

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1038 on: June 24, 2013, 07:55:58 pm »

SECOND, I would like to know who Leafsnail and Dariush visited (if anyone) and whose silhouettes they saw, as they're the ones I'm most suspicious of at this juncture.
Why?  This seems like a suspiciously specific and not very useful request.

Well this is incredibly lazy.
Yeah, still true though.

Commenting on the night like this is scummy. Its in the same vein as saying something like "good thing the doctor protected the right person last night"
Has this scumtell ever actually worked?  I've generally found that mafia members are if anything more afraid to say stuff like this because of the tell.

Haha seriously. You didn't address me a single time during the game and now you preemptively jump onto the yesterday's bandwagon without even specifying what those reasons are, knowing you'll be joined by fuckasses like shiteatingBirdy, Shitnigami and NQT who sucks so much I don't even need to modify his name in any way to express my disdain.
Yeah, this is exactly what I mean.  You're being passive aggressive and criticizing a lot of players, but you aren't really making any relevant points on them.  It's like you're just pressing on and talking past each one hoping that one of them will turn out to be a lynchable target, rather than making any serious attempt to discern alignments.  Also you're repeatedly acting like being stupid is somehow correlated with being scum and it just isn't (although it's a lot easier to mislynch someone who is dumb).

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1039 on: June 24, 2013, 07:56:59 pm »

"What's so scummy about that comment? It does sound confusing (primarily the last part), but it doesn't ring scummy in any other way other than partial confusion. Or probably relief.
"What's with the comparison there? Also, blank comments. You're just giving your opinion with no follow up. What's up there? Pff..Lazy."

Its basically saying "I'm so glad no town died last night" which would only be said to make themselves look more towny. The comparison is there to show the similarity. Dunno what you mean about blank comments. There's not much I can do about follow up ATM since NQT hasn't been posting.

I think you are undervaluing your ability. You replace who you evict. So, if you evict a bully, team scum has one player down and we gain a confirmed Townie in his place.
How would that make him confirmed town?

Griffinpup: Since no one's going to read that huge poorly formatted post, can you summarize what its about?

ppe'd Leafsnail.
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1040 on: June 24, 2013, 07:59:20 pm »

Tiruin:

"That'd be quite a longshot for them, and they'd have to verify what I'm holding. Because when I took my school I.D. I was apparently holding something. Heh.

"Also, I think I've someone else who would back me up on..err, verifying myself. Because that person I can trust as I know my house isn't...how you say, 'compromised.'

The point is there's a semblance of known roles in this game.  If anyone tries to claim a silhouette that's not their own, someone else will immediately know.

PFFFFFFFF-P  :'(

"And to note on that death thing..it seems like Soli-san is tied to Phantom-san. He followed her, if you'd note the last declaration by our principal...But I'd really like to know how those aren't 'town-aligned'.

"Specifically to someone who isn't that notquitethere."

HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1041 on: June 24, 2013, 07:59:55 pm »

Commenting on the night like this is scummy. Its in the same vein as saying something like "good thing the doctor protected the right person last night"
Has this scumtell ever actually worked?  I've generally found that mafia members are if anything more afraid to say stuff like this because of the tell.
In roguelike 6, Imperial Guardsman said something to the effect of "I don't know who killed LS but I thank you" and he was scum. Not quite the same, but I think its still valid.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1042 on: June 24, 2013, 08:02:57 pm »

Hit post instead of preview.  Let's just start this over.

Tiruin:
Tiruin:

The point is there's a semblance of known roles in this game.  If anyone tries to claim a silhouette that's not their own, someone else will immediately know.

If that's not a cult, I'll eat my proverbial hat.

Zombie Urist:
"What's so scummy about that comment? It does sound confusing (primarily the last part), but it doesn't ring scummy in any other way other than partial confusion. Or probably relief.
"What's with the comparison there? Also, blank comments. You're just giving your opinion with no follow up. What's up there? Pff..Lazy."

Its basically saying "I'm so glad no town died last night" which would only be said to make themselves look more towny. The comparison is there to show the similarity. Dunno what you mean about blank comments. There's not much I can do about follow up ATM since NQT hasn't been posting.

There's plenty of other players to question.  For example, what is your read on Shinigami?

Leaf:  Who do you suspect besides Dariush?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #1043 on: June 24, 2013, 08:06:53 pm »

"...What?!!?

"You think there's a cult? Specifically, a cult? Where they do all those dagger-magic ritual thingies? Why so? I have my own explanation why I believe otherwise, but I'd like to know yours."

Pee-eff-pee

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #1044 on: June 24, 2013, 08:26:13 pm »

Tiruin
PFP - work got me yesterday, working now today on that Toaster post as well as pokes.

birdy
Birdy:
Keep who trust, lynch who you cannot trust.

So who do you trust?

There are two players who I am willing to trust. Everyone else, I have either not had enough time to know their behaviour or I have a negative read on them.

Captain Ford is first player. The fact that he is a satellite that is going to come crashing down from sky, and the fact that he has a silhouette to back his story up feels very genuine to me. 

The second player would be Tiruin. I believe her to be one of the town's strongest assets right now. She has a level head on her shoulders that doesn't lend itself well to bull crap. That's the kind of trait that I like to see.
...So you haven't seen the same traits in other players?

Captain Ford's satellite claim is a bit of a self-fulfilling prophecy. His role will be verified by what happens tonight when someone wakes up to a satellite bursting through their roof.

As for point two, Griffinpup shows some of the same traits, most notably exhibited in his dissection of Shinigami King's argument. Incidentally, he also leans toward town for me as well. The only difference is that he has a tendency to be a bit more straightforward than you are.

I think you are undervaluing your ability. You replace who you evict. So, if you evict a bully, team scum has one player down and we gain a confirmed Townie in his place.
How would that make him confirmed town?

Well, let's see here... We have a satellite. It is in space. We cannot lynch it, nor can it submit a vote for a lynch against it. Now, it stands to reason that if Captain Ford cannot even render a lynch vote, then he could not have been the one to bully our classmates. That's what I am basing the confirmed town claim on.
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1045 on: June 24, 2013, 08:50:38 pm »

He can be third party. He can also be mafia and not have access to the mafia-kill. He might be able to bully from space, despite not having a vote.

There's plenty of other players to question.  For example, what is your read on Shinigami?
Partly stupid, partly scummy.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #1046 on: June 24, 2013, 09:05:39 pm »

He can be third party. He can also be mafia and not have access to the mafia-kill. He might be able to bully from space, despite not having a vote.

You've got me on the possibility of him being a third party. That is one dynamic that hasn't been explored yet. However, I am still not entirely set on the whole "bullies from space" business. That concept feels a bit absurd to me.
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1047 on: June 24, 2013, 09:23:45 pm »

Tiruin:

"...What?!!?

"You think there's a cult? Specifically, a cult? Where they do all those dagger-magic ritual thingies? Why so? I have my own explanation why I believe otherwise, but I'd like to know yours."

More specifically, I think there was a cult.  PotL was the head, and Solifuge was a recruit.  PotL got nightkilled, and Soli died with him.  In a traditional cult, all the members die when the head goes.  The reasoning comes 100% from that mod post I quoted- plus, the role name was "third party group."

Zombie U:
Partly stupid, partly scummy.

Again, the terseman terseth.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

griffinpup

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1048 on: June 24, 2013, 10:42:10 pm »

Griffinpup: Since no one's going to read that huge poorly formatted post, can you summarize what its about?
You could just read it.  It's not that big.  It just looks that way because there's a lot of quotes.  You can just skim those to see what the gist is, and then read my reply.  It goes surprisingly fast.  In fact, posting this question along with the time it takes me to write a reply and for you to read it is probably more inefficient then you just reading it.

But to summarize, since you asked oh so nicely, I pointed out why Shinigami's post going through every one of Dariush's posts was full of inaccuracy.  He led you do believe that he covered every one of Dariush's posts thoroughly, but in fact picked and chose, conveniently forgetting or mislabeling Dariush's good posts while highlighting his bad ones.  Some of his complaints about Dariush's posts were also written as if it made him scum just for disagreeing with Shinigami's logic.  I see an OMGUS vote then an attempt to make it less OMGUS by pulling all of the things that could be seen scummy into one post while ignoring the good parts of said posts.  Shinigami did make some good points however, although these are so strewn with indecipherable analogies that you can't really tell.

Hope this helps!

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #1049 on: June 25, 2013, 01:44:25 am »

Yeah, this is exactly what I mean.  You're being passive aggressive and criticizing a lot of players, but you aren't really making any relevant points on them.  It's like you're just pressing on and talking past each one hoping that one of them will turn out to be a lynchable target, rather than making any serious attempt to discern alignments.  Also you're repeatedly acting like being stupid is somehow correlated with being scum and it just isn't (although it's a lot easier to mislynch someone who is dumb).
Sooo... I take it that admitted bandwagoning on Birdy's part is not a relevant point. The fact that Solifuge disappeared for an entire day after atrociously lurking on D1 isn't either. The same apparently goes for my case on Cado, whom you've voted with me on the same grounds. But a completely groundless case backed with empty unfalsifiable accusations is! And the fact that you didn't even once even hiccup in my direction about your perceived lack of relevant points in my cases doesn't matter!

You hit the nail on the head about the bandwagoning. It was entirely shameless.

As far as I am concerned, I would have been much happier to see you get lynched than RangerCado, so I joined the band. Why? Because I believed that he was telling the truth about being a third-party. I stated that fact and attempted to justify his flailing, only to be ignored.

Then, there was you. A player who has done little to add to the game outside of repeated insults against other players, tunneling, and a blatant disregard to the swearing policy, because "I'm Dariush".

So, that being my situation, what would you have had me do? Sit down, shut up, and look pretty? Hell no. If someone is going to be lynched, it may as well be a player who I consider to be scummy, as opposed to one that is innocent. This is all a simple matter of common sense.

Keep who trust, lynch who you cannot trust.
Oh seriously? SERIOUSLY? Your entire argument is that you voted someone just because they aren't a fucking cretin Cado who is a completely useless third party in the best case and similarly completely useless scum in the worst? And I have done 'little' to add to the game? That is your grounds for considering me scummy? So, not DS, whom I completely forgotten to even be in this game, not Solifuge, who didn't post a single time during D2, not NQT, not Cado himself, who didn't do anything at all except claim in the stupidest way possible and not even attempt to explain his actions, but me.

Creatures like you just completely break my will to play.  -_-
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 100