Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 100

Author Topic: Toon Mafia VII - But I Don't Want To Re:Love! [Game Over]  (Read 169512 times)

griffinpup

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Toon Mafia VII - But I Don't Want To Re:Love! [Day 2]
« Reply #855 on: June 13, 2013, 12:34:21 pm »

Forget this, replacement please. You can ALL thank dariush.
Thanks dariush.  I appreciate it.

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #856 on: June 13, 2013, 01:22:19 pm »

Also, they do have a reason to kill me. One less player trying to find them.
That doesn't have anything to do with you specifically. They can kill anyone and have one less player to find them.

Leafsnail: 
How should we use this quasi-cop to our benefit? 
Way to buddy.
Explain to me how this is in any way buddying?
Some important words are bolded above. Also the answer to it is pretty obvious: by using him as a quasi-cop, so I don't really see a point to this question.
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #857 on: June 13, 2013, 01:28:26 pm »

ZU: They know my house. Guarunteed kill regardless of if they need to know it or not... Unless someone protects me, unfortuanately the general concensos seems to just let me be as long as I'm not harming the town.
The best ship is the one where one of them is literally allergic to the other~
Quote from: NakaTeleeli
"A room ain't messy less you can't find nothin!"
[/quote]

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #858 on: June 13, 2013, 01:41:01 pm »

ZU: They know my house. Guarunteed kill regardless of if they need to know it or not...
You know, you are quickly approaching the state where I am less certain that you are scum and I begin hoping that you are scum. Because if you're not, then what you are doing is astounding in its stupidity.

IF YOU ARE THIRD PARTY THEN SCUM HAS NO REASON TO KILL YOU INSTEAD OF LITERALLY ANYBODY ELSE, REGARDLESS OF WHETHER THEY KNOW YOUR HOUSE OR NOT. IS THAT SO HARD TO UNDERSTAND FOR YOUR STUPID FACE?!

If you are scum, however, then hooray! You are merely a bad player. My faith in humanity has been restored. By about 0.00001%.

Forget this, replacement please. You can ALL thank dariush.
Thanks dariush.  I appreciate it.
You're welcome.

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #859 on: June 13, 2013, 01:43:10 pm »

ZU: They know my house. Guarunteed kill regardless of if they need to know it or not...
You know, you are quickly approaching the state where I am less certain that you are scum and I begin hoping that you are scum. Because if you're not, then what you are doing is astounding in its stupidity.

IF YOU ARE THIRD PARTY THEN SCUM HAS NO REASON TO KILL YOU INSTEAD OF LITERALLY ANYBODY ELSE, REGARDLESS OF WHETHER THEY KNOW YOUR HOUSE OR NOT. IS THAT SO HARD TO UNDERSTAND FOR YOUR STUPID FACE?!
...I guess... I don't think the way you do.
[/quote]

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #860 on: June 13, 2013, 03:45:27 pm »

MOD: prod Phantom and Solifuge please.

Deathsword
Ranger, someone visited me at night as well. And by visited I mean kicked down my door. The silhouette is very blurry in the picture I recieved, so I can't identify it. Since I am obviously alive I suspect some kind of arsonist.

Tiruin stares at Deathsword with vague intrigue.
"No knock knock, hello there routine? No formal greetings? Your door was kicked down and..then what? Happy Birthday?

"Did that person look like a person?"
More like knock knock door crash sounds routine. Someone invaded my house and I ran for a hideout.

The only way I can even begin to describe the silhouette is to tell you to look at one of your fingers, it's more or less shaped like that.

Solifuge simply restated others' cases on Nerjin the last day, without even expanding on them. Are you going to hunt scum this time, or will you just sit by the sidelines making cat pictures?
["That last part was a bit mean you know..but still, restated others' cases? And I see it's plural--Shini and Phantom's votes were on Nerjin--yet I'm quite sure he did his own case regarding the guy.

"Care to quote?"
Here is Solifuge's one-post case
All other Nerjin cases were from before the first extension, during the attempts to tie the lynch. He suddenly shows up right at the day end, not having a case before, and votes Nerjin. That is some massive lurking there. I do not buy into his "pictrues take time to make" excuse since he has mostly reused the same pictures altering only the text.

I fail to see how that was mean.

However, I am changing my vote to RangerCado. Why? First he says he'll claim his house number if Tiruin and I ask him to here:
After some thought, I don't think saying which house had 2 people in it will cause a lot of harm. If Tiruin and Death have a problem with me saying, i'll keep quiet about it unless it can help the Town.
Here is he saying that if 2 people ask him where he lives, he'll say it:
Ford: I have to help the town to win. Hurting the town hurts me. I have no idea what happens to the Boy.

If 2 more people ask for my house number, i'll give.
Then, suddenly, 2 is not enough. Oh no, 3 more are needed!
Dariush: lets put this up to the public. you as well as 2 others (i think) have told me to claim my house. If 3 more ask, i'll do it, and i'll blame you if i die tonight.
Then he finally spits out the house number (if it is truly his house is another matter):
(note to self, don't post in mafia at midnight.)

First, Extend. I know we're gonna need it.

Second, Toony, i think we need a prod on Phantom, Solifuge, and Deathsword.

Third, fine, house 11.

Tiruin: My house is locked and i leave the game with a win. And i fear bullies in house because thats how i think they target. In information... please explain what you mean by that.

Toaster: When did i say disinterested? I've said clearly i'm going to try and help town. And why are you voting for a second time?

(gotta catch my bus, will be back later)
The wording on the part adressed to Tiruin is rather wierd. I took it as what happens when he wins, and not how it is right now. Could be clearer
Dariush: So i'm still lying scum even though i gave my house no. anyway? Or are you claiming that house 11 is your house?
You are lying scum because you said that if 2 people asked you to say your house you would, and then suddenly 3 more were needed until people started voting you. When that happened the house number appeared quite fast.

He also seems very certain that scum WILL target him this night. Third party are only a primary target for scum if they are arsonits or some kind of SK, and according to his claim he is neither.
ZU: They know my house. Guarunteed kill regardless of if they need to know it or not... Unless someone protects me, unfortuanately the general concensos seems to just let me be as long as I'm not harming the town.
Not a guaranteed kill because not only there is the possibility of you having claimed a house not your own, but the possibility scum may target someone else. Or the possibility you are backtracking scum.

Because this game doesn't spin around you. A third-party player is merely someone standing on the sidelines trying to complete their win condition by themselves. Town has absolutely no reason to care about you if your claim is true. Same thing goes for scum. You have no real incentive to hunt scum. All you need is survive long enough for a town boy to walk into your home.

Unrelated: I believe Ranger asked me to be prodded. Even though I had posted yesterday, and said I'd post today due to more time being available (which it indeed is). Check to see if people are really gone before asking for a prod.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #861 on: June 13, 2013, 04:05:08 pm »

Deathsword: Um, the 2 thing was for what house had 2 people in it that i knew of last night. (The quote proves it) So thats wrong. I had 2 people ask for what my house number was and asked for two more, then forgot i asked that when Dariush asked because i was tired. And if i claimed a fake house, why not whoever owns it call me out on it? And if i'm scum claiming a buddies house, my scum buddy just calls me out on it and busses me, making him/her seem a lot more townie as they lead the charge. And if you really think i'm third-party, leave me around doing nothing. I can't exactly harm anyone unless I vote in a way that causes a no-lynch, which doesn't help Town at all.

I'll admit that constantly trying to justify Bullies going to kill me tonight is digging me a hole so i'll stop, but oh wait, you'll just accuse me leaving off because of being pressured to do so and only that reason. And if i continue, you'll just continue to use it against me. So your all set in your ways to lynch me. Why not vote for an Extension so we can get Solifuge and Phantom back here then? Doesn't hurt if your just gonna lynch me anyway, but I for one am not going to just sit here.

Dariush: Your tunneling me and have abandoned building a case against Solifuge, which is weird considering his lurking is a point to your case against him.

Pup: Given current arguements against me, are you still sure i'm third-party? If so, why? and if not, anything new to contribute to the growing bandwagon?

Dariush, Toaster, Deathsword: You've all staked your cases against me, building onto eachothers and using eachothers, yet you guys aren't scum hunting anyone else. Are you going to do so, or are you(looking at Dariush) going to yell at me some more?
[/quote]

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #862 on: June 13, 2013, 05:55:10 pm »

"I...think that was a bit too harsh to Imperial Guardsman..I mean, he lacked any sort of explanation or even backing with his questions, and it was pretty much blank in what he was doing. But shooing him out is pretty...bad. You can make mistakes now, but that doesn't mean you'd be 'worst player ever.'

"Erm, sad to see you go IG. Tip: Try putting more meat on your posts for others to latch onto, and not just raw fluff, mostly.

"...Also, Dar tends to speak his mind along with what he's feeling when he sees things so..don't take it personal, please."

:(

Ranger

Then what do you think? The matter holds as this: we're using Occam's Razor to explain that case of yers in relation to what you're saying. Third-parties, unless they're SKs (or anything that can hinder scum), will keep the game on even after town has lost their win-con and scum have their win-con. Discarding that idea, the notion of being a third-party means more on neutrality--scum and town can win while you've got your wincon done, too. I'm guessing you're a type of love-survivor? Anyway, expounding on survivors: they can win with any faction. Other third-parties, SKs, mafia and town..anything, as long as one other wincon gets fulfilled along with theirs (being alive.).

"Now, you seem to be focusing on your idea of 'They know my house. They'll come to my house.' following a kill. Thinking along the lines of factional kills, you only have one per night. Alright, we get that you need a town boy to win. You don't know how many town boys live, do you? I've a dude in my house and he's pretty cool with being here (and I bet he knows who I am..I guess?) so get over here instead as you've said you've got an inspect. I mean, I did mention I've a guy in my house, something which you didn't question or in the least, act upon.

"But back to the matter at hand. Why do you think they'll waste it on you? Why aren't you poking what people are saying on you, and instead defending yourself? Why did you specifically ask me and Deathsword about that one house number matter? Why all the overthinking? What have you to gain from that?

"I'd like full answers to all those questions, thanks."

Dariush: Your tunneling me and have abandoned building a case against Solifuge, which is weird considering his lurking is a point to your case against him.
I could prod this as a weak deflection, but curiosity overcomes labeling this as deflection. >_> What's up with pointing Dariush back onto Solifuge when Soli hasn't posted within the day yet?

Or do you see something he's missing during D1 that you think is better for him to bite on?

Toaster
Tiruin:  My read on Ranger is that he's full of poop.  Disinterested (as opposed to pro or anti town) third party is my definition of his claim- not that I believe it.
"And? I can obviously see you're disagreeing with him. But what have you other than a general prod in his direction?"

IG
Alright. griffinpup-san. You are a bully. Who do you bully on the first night?
Tiruin-san, tie between NQT and Cado, who do you hammer?
Dariush-san, what is your read on ZU?
This is one thing I'm poking about. There's nothing else to poke on except a general situation--something which should aim to continue a conversation.

I hammer none of the above because there's no context on them, or idea about my role or motive.

My proceeding question would be 'what were you hoping to gain from that,' or a 'what was that for?' thing. Because the aim is to start a conversation and all..

Err, just hope you're ok.

...And IG kicks himself out of the subforum.
"This is very rude of you and I am disappointed."

Toaster: What do you see in Ranger? His motive, guessing what mud you're seeing on him?
Deathsword: Expound that case on Ranger? I'm seeing a similarity on yours, Dar's and Toasties, but there's something I'm seeing in yours specifically: you're jumping on the notion of lying when he just asked for more people to prod on his house #. Why so?

What lies are to be had there, and what would Cado gain from all that?
I'm seeing a flailing [non-scum aligned] judging by how he built up his case, and someone who thinks too much on the notions at hand (and because it would be pretty amusing to see his plan in the scumchat going off like that..).

And that mean thing to Soli was him sitting on the sidelines making cat pictures. Because that's like a real blunt thing to say about him (and to disregard what he said and stuff).

ZU: I see more commentary as opposed to any case in your previous posts here. What'cha think of the recent events?

ToonyMan: Didn't Webadict say he'd like to replace in?

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #863 on: June 13, 2013, 06:26:41 pm »

ZU: I see more commentary as opposed to any case in your previous posts here. What'cha think of the recent events?
I'm kinda waiting for NQT to post. I think RangerCado's just being stupid about his claims again.

How do you think then?
Also have you figured out if the guy you sleep with leaves the game or not?

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #864 on: June 13, 2013, 06:28:40 pm »

Tiruin: Starting at the first question and going down.

First, the inspect house thing. I don't leave my house when i use it. (i can't even leave my house) Also, i only get a number, no silhouettes or names. (really not a useful ability)

You've claimed someone is was in your house, and Deathsword claims someone broke his door down as well. You say i never acted on it, yet no one else has either. And unless you or Deathsword are claiming you were in house 7 last night, then i have nothing i can add beyond speculation.

Killing me = 1 less person trying to find them.

I have accused them of just jumping on me, not hunting anyone else, yet what am i supposed to poke them about right now? Can't poke Dariush for just yelling his head off about an issue, thats all he does and is completely normal for him. You just poked Toaster about his blank case. And i already picked apart Death's main problem with me and answered his questions.

You two claimed you had another person in your house. I know a house that had 2 people in it last night. No one else claimed anything else so i asked you two if you were all right with it as it may reveal your house number.

I overthink things, depending on my mood i may overthink a little or a lot. I can't help it most of the time.

Could you explain what your referring to by "gain from all that"?

And yes that comment about IG was mean, i'm sorry about that.

ZU: Already said they don't.
[/quote]

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #865 on: June 13, 2013, 06:36:34 pm »

You've claimed someone is was in your house, and Deathsword claims someone broke his door down as well. You say i never acted on it, yet no one else has either. And unless you or Deathsword are claiming you were in house 7 last night, then i have nothing i can add beyond speculation.
ABANDON SHIP.

"Well thanks for saying it out loud. At least I know that guy isn't Deathsword."

Killing me = 1 less person trying to find them.
"So is killing anyone else. I still didn't see an answer to all that speculation about people killing you as said by house # (you know, an expounded answer?)

"Also I was asking what you had to gain from overthinking stuff, and why."

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #866 on: June 13, 2013, 06:40:14 pm »

Tiruin: ...You didn't see me say house seven the other 2 or 3 times? I also don't have anything to gain from overthinking things, i just end up doing so because that is how i think. I get caught up in all the other possibilities then get focused on the one that will affect me the most.
[/quote]

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #867 on: June 13, 2013, 06:48:35 pm »

Ford: uh... okay. And only i leave the game with a win, the town boy stays. (yes he has to be town)

IG: Give better reasons then that.

Since i don't think this will cause many problems: Last night there were 2 people in house seven.

PPE: ZU, i posted today before Pup so he did know my claim.

(I feel awkward being reffered to as a she... freaking Roles.)
"I missed this one post ok? Idiot...

"Why did you claim house."

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #868 on: June 13, 2013, 06:56:11 pm »

Extend
(I really want to give some attention to this but I'll be out the house from tomorrow morning until Sunday afternoon, taking trains to far flung towns, staying up for days and attending a wedding. It's possible I might get a real post in before the deadline but it's unlikely.)

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #869 on: June 13, 2013, 06:57:39 pm »

"Well thanks for saying it out loud. At least I know that guy isn't Deathsword."
This isn't necessarily true. Deathsword could have visited you and two different people went to his house.
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 100