Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 100

Author Topic: Toon Mafia VII - But I Don't Want To Re:Love! [Game Over]  (Read 169871 times)

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
Re: Toon Mafia VII - But I Don't Want To Re:Love! [Day 1]
« Reply #405 on: June 03, 2013, 11:22:50 am »

Extend

"Pardon me gentlemen and ladies but I appear to have to go do some things and can't help look for bullies as properly as I should right. Now. A day or two extra would be a real help."

[As in: Real life stuffs goin' down so I need a bit more time.]
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

Shinigami_King

• Bay Watcher
  • My flavor text tastes like apples!
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: June 03, 2013, 11:30:21 am »

I'll extend as well. Now that it is the week I am busier than before so a bit of extra time would help. I also want to hear more from those who have not been very active yet.
"When the first living thing existed, I was there waiting. When the last living thing dies, my job will be finished. I'll put the chairs on the tables, turn out the lights and lock the universe behind me when I leave"
"Death is not a hunter unbeknownst to its prey. One is always aware that it lies in wait. Though life is merely a journey to the grave, it must not be undertaken without hope. Only then will a traveler's story live on, cherished by those who bid him farewell."

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: June 03, 2013, 12:29:37 pm »

Dariush
"And finally, um, Dariush-senpai! To be quite blunt, you confuse me. You dont seem to be active in school at the same times as when you're active in the great temple. I dont understand why that is. could you please explain?"
Because trying to solve a well-made puzzle is way more interesting and fun than digging through colorful RPing vomit of teenage girls with inflated senses of self-opinion like you.
"What do you see in her words, then? Something? Nothing? What?"
In her (wait, is Lenglon actually female or are you referring to his female persona? Because if the latter, then my detestation of you just passed borders I previously thought impassable) words I saw shitcolors, shithonorifics and shitroleplaying. I think that is sufficient.
Lenglon is female. I asked her personally. If you already detest me, then be straight with it..sheesh. >_>

Extend. And PFP. Because I've hilariously spent the latest unholy hours of the night and morning purging my room of ants. Bloody annoying ants.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: June 03, 2013, 12:53:21 pm »

Dariush:  Do you have an actual case on Solifuge that isn't bilious rage over cat pictures?
Intentionally making scumhunting more difficult and ignoring requests to stop doing so is an entirely valid one.
Hah, no. An excuse is more like what you seem to be doing. That or I can't see how you can't view his images..even with a very very slow net connection here, I can view them easy.

..You think he's evading by doing pictures, then?

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: June 03, 2013, 01:46:40 pm »

Quick post- Solifuge, everyone's points directed at you so far are fair but what you are questioning from my post is dumb. I figured that everyone would know, even the inexperienced players such as myself, that asking someone if they are scum can actually cause slip ups. Some may say something they don't mean to or overreact to the very simple question. I'm surprised you didn't realize this, or did you?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

"I'm pretty sure we've got lots of time. But I think I may be addressing the point in a different way: Are you afraid that you might expel the wrong student, or are you afraid to pressure them if at all? Are you being lax with your vote, or is there some psychological detail to it.

"hunuh, um, Neko-senpai? you seem almost as clueless as me. I dont suppose you could tell me what you think of the argument going on between Nerjin-senpai and Shinigami-kun?
"um, Neko-senpai? you didn't answer my question. and I had answered yours before you'd asked it. why'd you bother? to repeat myself, at the time, I hadn't found as many things that seemed suspicious as everyone else had, and felt clueless as a result. I don't feel that way anymore though." Lenglon glares for a second at Deathsword-senpai.

Spoiler: Lenglon (click to show/hide)

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: June 03, 2013, 02:04:45 pm »

The fun, it hurts, I can't take it anymore.

Fairly low.  Decent scum will realize they're cut off from using whatever they said as an attack and not trip over it.  Good scum will have said something they don't use anyway, so scum like you won't be found out with it.

Okay, but what was the likelihood that scum were going to invalidly use shit tells without getting called out on them in the first place?

What was your point to him here?

He's explaining part of Lenglon's post I didn't bother to read.

Speaking of voting, Griffonday, Captain Ford, Phantom of the Library, RangerCado, Lenglon, Solifuge, Shinigami_King:  Why aren't you voting?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

If the extension doesn't go through, the day ends tomorrow.

You don't have that much time.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: June 03, 2013, 02:33:30 pm »

(First EXTEND)

(I have to agree with Toaster and Tiruin Dariush, the pictures are easily quotable as you can just copy the picture to your desktop and then add it too your post. It seems rather simple to me. Your one of only two people who are finding the pictures annoying, and complaining about them doesn't get you anywhere so just stop and make a case not based around your personal hatred of Cat pictures.)

(My point to Jim, Tiruin, was a very bad way of saying that he should still read what a player says rather than just blow it off thinking he knows exactly whats going to be said in the post. If Jim thinks Lenglon is scum, he should read whats said in the posts to help build his case instead of blowing it off as useless rambling. (even if that really is all it is)

(UNVOTE and vote Lenglon, RPing is nice and all, but your getting ridiculous. Staying in character is fine, but the amount of time you spend making those excuses is staggering. In RL, IC, and in-game sense, you are stuttering and fumbling around like someone whos been backed into a corner with no escape, and has something that they want desperately to hide. Why do you spend a paragraph making an excuse when you could state very clearly your reasons for disagreeing? Give us your reads on atleast SIX people please with reasons why.)

(Made all OOC due to not knowing how to phrase this in character.)
The best ship is the one where one of them is literally allergic to the other~
Quote from: NakaTeleeli
"A room ain't messy less you can't find nothin!"
[/quote]

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: June 03, 2013, 03:07:54 pm »

the pictures are easily quotable as you can just copy the picture to your desktop and then add it too your post. It seems rather simple to me.
Ironically, this is a very complicated way to do it. The easiest way is to just quote the post as normal and use preview to select and remove necessary ones.

Give us your reads on atleast SIX people please with reasons why.)
What's so special about six? This seems unusually strong.

I gather you're accusing Deathsword of regurgitating Leafsnail's arguments. Is there more to your accusation?
(also suspicious timing, I had just mentioned that he was being idle, and nobody else had voiced any suspicions against him. also stretching, he brought up a lot of old, clearly resolved, issues, and presented them as his own. in general, he isn't hunting on his own, thinking on his own, or in fact presenting anything new whatsoever. he's just repeating anything he can find that might remotely incriminate me, and not actually researching any of the arguments he's bringing up. he's then presenting this garbage as a lynch case, with no questions in it. that is lazy, unproductive, and he should know far, far better. he is scum attempting to cause a mislynch.)
Do you have any examples of "old, clearly resolved issues"? Still I notice that these posts [1][2][3] are devoid of scumhunting.

((ZU, watch the movie "SuperSize Me" and you'll understand. Or just look up the process in making them.))
I have. To the best of my knowledge, chicken nuggets are still made of chicken. Though the meat is ground up and then bleached and then some other stuff. But still chicken.
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

Shinigami_King

• Bay Watcher
  • My flavor text tastes like apples!
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: June 03, 2013, 03:37:18 pm »

Another short post from school. I'm surprised everyone is attacking lenglon for text that is hard to see. Ranger and I both discussed in RL that purple on white isn't that bad. Especially in comparison to the cyan colour. Also, you can just copy/paste soli's picture's into into your post so there really is no problem at all there.
"When the first living thing existed, I was there waiting. When the last living thing dies, my job will be finished. I'll put the chairs on the tables, turn out the lights and lock the universe behind me when I leave"
"Death is not a hunter unbeknownst to its prey. One is always aware that it lies in wait. Though life is merely a journey to the grave, it must not be undertaken without hope. Only then will a traveler's story live on, cherished by those who bid him farewell."

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: June 03, 2013, 03:38:08 pm »

“Alright you magnificent people let’s get this going. I’m not leaving until I have two suspects with a strong case. I shall re-read as many times as necessary to build this case. As of now EVERYONE is scum.” [2:58 PM]

[3:51 PM] “Oh god I’m not even to the end of my read and keep getting lost. Gotta start over. Just gonna note interesting things.”

[4:04 PM] “Wait a second… Lenglon… have you said anything important yet?”

[4:04 PM] “His first real post says… Nothing of interest. Just a few fluff notes and a question to Ranger about why we shouldn’t just kill him because Ranger’s a bully… Without stating why Ranger is a bully.”

[4:06 PM] “He just makes a joke.… What’s he doing?

[4:08 PM] Voted Ford in RVS because of Ford’s RP persona. What the…?

[4:11 PM] He just votes Ford to have a vote on him it appears. Admits he doesn’t have a real suspect but then he just sorta… rolls with it? WHY!?

[4:14 PM] Active-lurk, Active-lurk, Active-lurk[/ur] Lenglon is there a reason you say that we need to be assertive yet you usually only come in to say “Stop being mean.” ?

[4:25 PM] Oh I guess you just needed a kick in the ass to get moving guess I’ll unv-… Wait no you go back to active lurking again right after you post a huge paragraph. [url=http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=125058.msg4289963#msg4289963]I feel Leaf describes what you’re doing better than I ever could.

[4:26 PM] Another big post that’s sadly devoid of content. but that’s fine. I guess you do just need a re-read to find something… Oh wait you Didn’t find anything? Fair enough. REREAD AGAIN!

[4:30 PM] I’ll admit at first I thought I might be wrong about the active-lurking because of this. but through-out you simply say “I’m innocent. I’m doing work. You’re the one who is false!” You also accuse him of trying to make his point seem more impressive by stretching out it’s length. You go on to do this exact thing. The fact that he brings up previous players’ points doesn’t make his case weak. It simply states that he agrees with these people. The more I read your posts the more it seems like you’re just trying to do enough to avoid attention. But maybe I’m wrong. I have been before I bet your next post won’t be a single sentence and it’ll have MUCH more detail on why Death is scum.

[4:32 PM] Hm… I was wrong. Maybe the next- Nope… Just repeating what you said earlier. Next post for sure…

[4:35 PM] More Nothing

[4:36 PM] Conclusion: You’re active lurking and I want to know why. You only seem to come out of the active-lurk when you see a target of ease or when someone calls you on it. Please explain your case on Deathsword better. Simply him “Omgusing” you isn’t enough [because he didn’t do that.]

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: June 03, 2013, 03:43:38 pm »

Sorry about that... Fixed the formatting for those who want to follow the links.

“Alright you magnificent people let’s get this going. I’m not leaving until I have two suspects with a strong case. I shall re-read as many times as necessary to build this case. As of now EVERYONE is scum.” [2:58 PM]

[3:51 PM] “Oh god I’m not even to the end of my read and keep getting lost. Gotta start over. Just gonna note interesting things.”

[4:04 PM] “Wait a second… Lenglon… have you said anything important yet?”

[4:04 PM] “His first real post says… Nothing of interest. Just a few fluff notes and a question to Ranger about why we shouldn’t just kill him because Ranger’s a bully… Without stating why Ranger is a bully.”

[4:06 PM] “He just makes a joke.… What’s he doing?

[4:08 PM] Voted Ford in RVS because of Ford’s RP persona. What the…?

[4:11 PM] He just votes Ford to have a vote on him it appears. Admits he doesn’t have a real suspect but then he just sorta… rolls with it? WHY!?

[4:14 PM] Active-lurk, Active-lurk, Active-lurk Lenglon is there a reason you say that we need to be assertive yet you usually only come in to say “Stop being mean.” ?

[4:25 PM] Oh I guess you just needed a kick in the ass to get moving guess I’ll unv-… Wait no you go back to active lurking again right after you post a huge paragraph. I feel Leaf describes what you’re doing better than I ever could.

[4:26 PM] Another big post that’s sadly devoid of content. but that’s fine. I guess you do just need a re-read to find something… Oh wait you Didn’t find anything? Fair enough. REREAD AGAIN!

[4:30 PM] I’ll admit at first I thought I might be wrong about the active-lurking because of this. but through-out you simply say “I’m innocent. I’m doing work. You’re the one who is false!” You also accuse him of trying to make his point seem more impressive by stretching out it’s length. You go on to do this exact thing. The fact that he brings up previous players’ points doesn’t make his case weak. It simply states that he agrees with these people. The more I read your posts the more it seems like you’re just trying to do enough to avoid attention. But maybe I’m wrong. I have been before I bet your next post won’t be a single sentence and it’ll have MUCH more detail on why Death is scum.

[4:32 PM] Hm… I was wrong. Maybe the next- Nope… Just repeating what you said earlier. Next post for sure…

[4:35 PM] More Nothing

[4:36 PM] Conclusion: You’re active lurking and I want to know why. You only seem to come out of the active-lurk when you see a target of ease or when someone calls you on it. Please explain your case on Deathsword better. Simply him “Omgusing” you isn’t enough [because he didn’t do that.]

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: June 03, 2013, 04:25:54 pm »

PFP

Probably won't be able to post today (test tomorrow, need to finish studying).

Shinigami: A lot of people, myself included, use Darkling. So it's purple on dark grey, not on white.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: June 03, 2013, 06:08:15 pm »

(entire post is occ because i'm mad and these issues are difficult to RP properly.)

(UNVOTE and vote Lenglon, RPing is nice and all, but your getting ridiculous. Staying in character is fine, but the amount of time you spend making those excuses is staggering. In RL, IC, and in-game sense, you are stuttering and fumbling around like someone whos been backed into a corner with no escape, and has something that they want desperately to hide. Why do you spend a paragraph making an excuse when you could state very clearly your reasons for disagreeing? Give us your reads on atleast SIX people please with reasons why.)
(neither of you understand what it means to stay in character apparently. both of your complaints are simply about my portraying my emotional state, which is something I consider important to RPing. and ranger? six+ is stupid, just ask for my reads on everyone and be done with it, i'm not going to bother humoring you for now, maybe later today when I'm less mad.)
Do you have any examples of "old, clearly resolved issues"? Still I notice that these posts [1][2][3] are devoid of scumhunting.
(yes.)
Spoiler: example 1 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: example 2 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: example 3 (click to show/hide)
(I see no reason to make sure that I include scumhunting in every single post, as long as I include scumhunting every single day. would people prefer me simply passive-lurking? look at the timestamps please, if I average a question in 3/4 of my posts, and post in here 10 times a day, that's still seven and a half questions per day. so what if they aren't all in a single wall of text? *example pulled from thin air without research, but the math is easy and obvious.*)
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: June 03, 2013, 06:13:51 pm »

(I asked for six because of how many people are actually here. I'm still trying to get a read on everyone so i thought it best to pick a smaller number)
The best ship is the one where one of them is literally allergic to the other~
Quote from: NakaTeleeli
"A room ain't messy less you can't find nothin!"
[/quote]

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
Re: Toon Mafia VII - But I Don't Want To Re:Love! [Game Starts May 30th]
« Reply #419 on: June 03, 2013, 06:36:49 pm »

(bah, still mad but i'll try to humor you anyway)

Vector/Groovester: Null - unreadable
Griffionday: Lean Town - meta
Leafsnail: Town - training attempt
Captain Ford: Town - unlynchable + fairness assumptions
Toaster: Smartass (null) - messing with jim.
Tiruin: Respect (null) - dodged a trap absolutely perfectly, operates at a minimum of Tier 3 in WIFOM
Dariush: Troll (null) - lurking, but I think it's part of his normal meta
zombie urist: respect (lean town) - hunting well.
Phantom of the Library: Coward (lean scum) - activity and question pattern
Shinigami_King: Reckless (lean town) - meta
RangerCado: Hunting well (lean scum) - meta
Deathsword: Scum - you've heard my case
notquitethere: Invisible (null) - he blends into the crowd well.
Lenglon: Me (town) - duh
Solifuge: Lean scum - instincts, unable to explain well. something to do with activity and question pattern.
Nerjin: Reckless (lean town) - his attack on shinigami seemed odd but not scummy.

(names list shamelessly stolen from ford's !first! post)
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 100