Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 100

Author Topic: Toon Mafia VII - But I Don't Want To Re:Love! [Game Over]  (Read 169715 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Toon Mafia VII - But I Don't Want To Re:Love! [Day 1]
« Reply #345 on: June 01, 2013, 11:37:56 pm »

Shini:
Also, due to everyone addressing the fact that I said I was lazy and then voting me for that, I say it's a pretty dumb reason. I'm just telling you how I personally behave so if you vote me for that aren't you just voting me because you don't like my style/ personality. I was told when I did that that it wasn't approved.

This is an awfully defensive reaction for someone whom I didn't even vote.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: June 01, 2013, 11:38:04 pm »

No one else is acting scummy right now
Wait seriously?  ???
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: June 01, 2013, 11:39:43 pm »

Wait seriously?  ???

"No one I saw at least Mr. Urist. Do you have something to share with the rest of the class?"
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

Shinigami_King

• Bay Watcher
  • My flavor text tastes like apples!
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: June 01, 2013, 11:41:53 pm »

Honestly, does it look like I have a lack of communication? When I say I'm lazy, I'm referring to the fact that I can't just sit down and read page after page of text. It doesn't mean that I wont scumhunt and I never said that it meant I wouldn't scumhunt. Your logic has so many holes it's like swiss cheese. Not to mention that you are currently filling those holes with your own BS and forcing me to eat the damn cheese. (This last part was a funny analogy. Not some dick-ish insult or however you may have taken it)
F*ck it. Nerjin Go eat your own cheese.
PPE:
Toaster, this was directed at everyone who may have been looking at it in the wrong light. It wasn't directed at you, or anyone, specifically.
"When the first living thing existed, I was there waiting. When the last living thing dies, my job will be finished. I'll put the chairs on the tables, turn out the lights and lock the universe behind me when I leave"
"Death is not a hunter unbeknownst to its prey. One is always aware that it lies in wait. Though life is merely a journey to the grave, it must not be undertaken without hope. Only then will a traveler's story live on, cherished by those who bid him farewell."

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: June 01, 2013, 11:52:14 pm »

Wait seriously?  ???

"No one I saw at least Mr. Urist. Do you have something to share with the rest of the class?"
"...So you only saw our resident yokai lover because of what he said, huh. That must mean you've been reading about.

"Expound Nerjin-san."

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: June 01, 2013, 11:54:35 pm »

Wait seriously?  ???

"No one I saw at least Mr[ s]. Urist. Do you have something to share with the rest of the class?"
"...So you only saw our resident yokai lover because of what he said, huh. That must mean you've been reading about.

"Expound Nerjin-san."

"Sorry kiddo I'm afriad I don't understand what you mean."

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: June 01, 2013, 11:56:22 pm »

"I mean, you only saw Shinigami being lazy as scummy, right? There weren't..any other things, or you just didn't read too much?

"Feeling better? You look a bit moody."

Honestly, does it look like I have a lack of communication? When I say I'm lazy, I'm referring to the fact that I can't just sit down and read page after page of text. It doesn't mean that I wont scumhunt and I never said that it meant I wouldn't scumhunt. Your logic has so many holes it's like swiss cheese. Not to mention that you are currently filling those holes with your own BS and forcing me to eat the damn cheese. (This last part was a funny analogy. Not some dick-ish insult or however you may have taken it)
F*ck it. Nerjin Go eat your own cheese.
PPE:
Toaster, this was directed at everyone who may have been looking at it in the wrong light. It wasn't directed at you, or anyone, specifically.
"How analogy? Holes?"

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: June 01, 2013, 11:58:16 pm »

"Um... I didn't see anything stick out but... it seems like something was painfully obvious now that you and Urist are bringing it up. I'll have to re-read when I get the chance. Also yeah I feel much better. Thank you very much for asking."

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: June 02, 2013, 12:21:57 am »

So you keep pressuring them to try to get more out of them.

Funny that.

buncha questions

There's not an ounce of scumhunting or even a whiff of who you suspect and what you're trying to do to prove your point contained within these.

I have no intention of answering your questions directed at me for this reason.

"Sorry Shinigami_King but you're admitted lazy and you've basically admitted that you plan to put the minimal amount of effort into helping the town so... I'll miss you dearly. I thought you were different but... not like this... not like this."

This is pretty bandwagony. Particularly with the apology.

"Well if you're not with us your against us." Flips his glasses into the air and allows them to shatter as they hit the ground "Simply put we have no use for someone who is simply window dressing." Pulls another set of glasses from his pocket "Unless I find someone more scummy than Mr/Mrs I'm-too-lazy I'll keep my vote there."

Oh, even better.

"Perhaps I'm over-eager. I call it more being prepared than anything else. If we allow him to stick around someone'll say 'Boy he sure was being lazy this entire time. Let's expel him!' and that just wastes a day. He's admitted he'll be lazy and that doesn't help us. If we get rid of him now we won't have paranoid thoughts about him later. If he's not a bully then we don't lose anything because he wasn't gonna be helpful anyway. If he was we got rid of a bully. I might be overlooking something but.... To me it seems like the best decision to make at the time."

So, if he is a bully and you lynch him, that's good, but if it turns out that he was town, well he wasn't helpful anyway, so that's also good. Man, it's just a win-win lynch here.

This is lazier than what you're accusing Shinigami-King of being.

Ahhh.  Clever.

That's great that you think it's clever.

What do you think the chances of it actually being relevant in this game are?
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: June 02, 2013, 12:49:23 am »

Lenglon you are active lurking.  You are clearly trying to avoid any sort of hostile attention by being meek as hell.
"I-I-uh-but-I-WHAAAAAAAAT?!? You-but-it-I-but."
Lenglon stops and takes several slow, deep breaths.
"Ok, um, first of all, if I wanted to avoid drawing attention, I'd simply not post. Secondly, you're saying that I've not posted any actual content, which is patently untrue. Thirdly, if you're trying to gauge scumminess by activity level, I'm by no means the person who has posted the least content. I dont think the simple amount of content people are posting is a good sign of who the scum are during this stage of the game, but I'd expect you to at least be consistent in applying your scumhunting system, whatever it may be."
Lenglon - You said before that I gave you too much credit for scumhunting. Could you elaborate? How so?
(I dont think I should answer this, you're referencing a different, and currently still active. game. I'll do it anyway because the question back then was refencing a now finished game, and you could replicate it easilly enough. but seriously, you should have asked me there, before you replaced, not in here.)
"Well Shinigami-kun, you seem to have a whole lot of respect for me, but that respect is based on a very small sample of what I could do. The thing is, that sample was taken under pretty much optimal conditions for me. I was a total unknown, which meant I knew exactly what other people thought of me. I only had a few people to have to read the dynamics of. I had several days of backlog to read over, as well as nightkills and such. In that specific circumstance, it was very easy to try for a high-risk gamble, and I had a lot of material to work with that so far nobody else had questioned or analyzed. If you re-read that game, although I had a strong opening set of moves, I ran out of steam very fast. In just about any other circumstance, the play I attempted wouldn't have worked. Even then, under the best conditions available to me, it didn't work. Specfically, I lost perspective. If i'd stuck with the same strong analysis that I'd used for my opening moves that game, and trusted my instincts, we would have won. That mistake still fills me with shame. I dont think i'll ever get a chance to demonstrate my skills and styles as good as that one was, ever, again. I don't know how to make circumstances that give me those kind of optimal conditions either. In short, I'm strongest in the endgame, and even then, I messed up, and I dont think I deserve the high praise and respect you've shown me for that kind of limited skillset and poor display."
Speaking of voting, Griffonday, Captain Ford, Phantom of the Library, RangerCado, Lenglon, Solifuge, Shinigami_King:  Why aren't you voting?
"I am voting. I'm voting for Ford. It's just a random vote, but I'm not worried about it too much right now because the random voting part of the random voting stage seems pointless to me. I plan on moving it again when I feel that someone deserves it."
Lenglon: Please list your top suspicions and ask them a question.
"Shinigami-kun, your attitude and statements seem to have reversed from previous games I've played with you. In my past experience you've paid signifigant attention to who is lurking and who is not, and considered lack of activity scummy. It seems odd to me that you would be requesting that people be less active this time, especially since you've experienced firsthand how low activity levels can only help the bullies."
"While i'm still feeling irritated by leafsnail's question, I might as well ask Deathsword-senpai to be more active in general. I don't even really care who you question, I just have fresh memories of you lurking to victory and dont want you doing it again. It seems to be your M. O. as a bully to hide in the background, and I dont want you to get away with that again."
"And finally, um, Dariush-senpai! To be quite blunt, you confuse me. You dont seem to be active in school at the same times as when you're active in the great temple. I dont understand why that is. could you please explain?"
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: June 02, 2013, 01:06:07 am »

Tiruin plays with a fluffy dust ball until her eyes focus on Captain Ford.

"Hey, why is it that we can't vote for Ford?"

"I mean, Griffy did so. As well as Lenglon-san. Ford voted back, of course.. and he didn't change it.

But for all that, our votes don't count. Ford-yosh-yoshi..Ford to Griffy-san. Lenglon-san and Griffy-san along with me..

Um.

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: June 02, 2013, 01:18:48 am »

pfp Why are you voting Ford again? Whyjave you switchedvotes so many times so recently?

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: June 02, 2013, 01:20:02 am »

pfp couldnt see the links on my phone. second question still standa

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: June 02, 2013, 03:38:32 am »

...Switched wha? I think you're not reading my reasons on switching votes..as for Ford. That context is much enough. I'm still suspicious of Shin and Nerjin, but Ford.

Goodness...

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: June 02, 2013, 08:43:25 am »

Lenglon: deflecting suspicion onto other people is really not a good way to respond to an allegation.  It implies you're thinking about your actions in terms of "How can I fit in" rather than "why is what I am doing justified".  What I mean is that while you have been posting content, it all gives the impression that you're trying to fill space rather than achieve anything meaningful.  Much like a 10 minute lecture on magical circuits, or a lacrosse training arc.

Leafsnail - What unique things are you afraid of appearing in this quarter bastard game?
Knowing ToonyMan's preferred type of games, the inevitable alien invasion day three.

What in these games make you the least excited?
Pigtails.  They just don't do it for me.

wait did I misunderstand

pfp Why are you voting Ford again? Whyjave you switchedvotes so many times so recently?
PSA: This post is a lot funnier if you read it in a stereotypical ethnic accent.
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 100