Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 21

Author Topic: IGYNPADCA RPG  (Read 30504 times)

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
Re: IGYNPADCA RPG
« Reply #225 on: April 16, 2013, 06:01:39 pm »

Huzzah! Now go spread the medicine throughout the masses!
After extricating yourself away from Stabby McBlindDealer, you return to your overturned cart to offer "medicine" to the masses.

Unfortunately, even though it's free, no one here is interesting in what you're selling. It's 6 AM, so the sort of people who are up and about at this time aren't really interested in "medicine", or, if they are, they aren't interested in taking it from a crazy man out on the main road where all kinds of guards are stationed.

Speaking of guards, one of them approaches you.

"Excuse me, sir, but may I ask what you have in that bag of yours?"

... I could use a drink. Find a less shady quest and apologize to Albrecht.
All this burning a dude to death has made you thirsty.

On your way back to the inn, you overhear an old man in a cloak saying something to a chimpmunk.

"...can't give it to you all by your lonesome. Come back to me once you've got five to seven other companions with ya, and I'll direct ya to the Fungeon of Broom."

(*Examines the entrails of a bird*) "FUS RO DAH!" shouts your sword, launching some nearby cabbages into the sky.

You wonder why you are so proficient with a sword, then realize it is because you are playing Link, who traditionally wields a sword. Plus, the name of the game you're playing is Skyrim Sword.

Go whack some bushes and pots with sword, buy everything from the sword with found rupees, and go to Ganondorf's castle. If heavy obstacles are not in place, Go to Ganon's inner sanctum and have sword shout at him.

You do some epic questing, clearing dungeons, solving puzzles, picking up cool items in the middle of the dungeons that conveniently allow you to bypass many of the problems you had in said dungeons, picking up a shit-ton more loot than you can possibly sell, sneak attacking dudes with your bow, collecting dragon shouts. Once you collect all the Macguffins and become Dragon of the Realm, you go to Ganondorf's castle to face him in his inner sanctum.

There, you have an epic battle of sword-against-magic, culminating in your final strike, where you sword shout him into a million little pieces.

He is defeated, and you head to the next room to go see Princess Zelda, when the million little pieces of Ganondorf form into spiders and swarm over you. You suddenly wake up, covered in ants.

Search for and retrieve cat by any means necessary.
The lady gives you his description, and you start asking around if anyone has seen him.

You search for a half hour with no luck, until you spot him, there in the street: White fur with black spots on his back, head, and the tip of his tail, five-foot-nine and wearing red mittens.

"Mittens!" You say.

He turns around.

"Oh, gods, she sent someone looking for me? Listen, pal, do me a favor and tell the old lady you found me dead. Like, I was run over a carriage or something," he says in a Brookyln-sounding accent.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: April 16, 2013, 06:09:27 pm »

Albrecht scratches the back of his head. It makes a terrible screeching sound due to wierd Moon Man Biology.

"ERM. AM LOSING MORALS POINTS TOO QUICKLY. SORRY ABOUT FAMILY!"

Ignore the young diamond elf. Leave quickly, follow Cynri to the nearest "watering hole" and never speak of this tragic mistake again.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: April 16, 2013, 06:26:13 pm »

Hand rum and coke to mysterious man.
"Here ya go. Anyway, as I was saying, I need a job. Got anything?"
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: April 16, 2013, 06:47:49 pm »

Albrecht scratches the back of his head. It makes a terrible screeching sound due to wierd Moon Man Biology.

"ERM. AM LOSING MORALS POINTS TOO QUICKLY. SORRY ABOUT FAMILY!"

Ignore the young diamond elf. Leave quickly, follow Cynri to the nearest "watering hole" and never speak of this tragic mistake again.

Realizing that you truly dun fucked up this time, and with the building slowly becoming more and more on fire, you offer an apology and get the hell of of there. The Diamond Elf, not wanting to burn to death, follows you out, then goes off to do orphan stuff.

You quickly catch up with Cyrni and also overhear something about a "Fungeon of Broom".

Hand rum and coke to mysterious man.
"Here ya go. Anyway, as I was saying, I need a job. Got anything?"
"Thanks.

"Well, sonny, I'm an old man, who's lived a full life, if you get my meaning. Got a lot of pain in certain places it would be unseemly to describe in public. Now, then, if you could retrieve for me the Cream of Good Health, I figure that would clear me right up.

I've heard the Cream of Good Health can be found in the Fungeon of Broom. Though I don't know exactly where that is, if you talk to my buddy, Pauly, who's right outside, he should be able to direct you on the way there."
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: April 16, 2013, 07:01:17 pm »

Head outside. Ask everyone in sight if they're Pauly.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: April 16, 2013, 07:56:17 pm »

"Hey, Albrecht, I'm sorry, OK? Some fucked up shit back there. Didn't know... ah, fuck. It's my fault, is what I'm getting at. Happens a lot around me. Why don't we do something that isn't my idea?
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: April 16, 2013, 08:54:36 pm »

"Oh, so that's the way it is. Ok then, you're in the clear, man."

Return to the old lady with the sad news, and then go looking for a dungeon quest.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: April 16, 2013, 10:08:54 pm »

Head outside. Ask everyone in sight if they're Pauly.
A man in grey robes talking to a chimpmunk says hello.

"Hey, Albrecht, I'm sorry, OK? Some fucked up shit back there. Didn't know... ah, fuck. It's my fault, is what I'm getting at. Happens a lot around me. Why don't we do something that isn't my idea?
"Oh, so that's the way it is. Ok then, you're in the clear, man."

Return to the old lady with the sad news, and then go looking for a dungeon quest.
Jamethon returns to the old woman and tells her her cat is dead. She thanks him for looking and gives him 10 pinecones, saying, "don't spend it all in one place."

When you walk near the inn, and old man in grey robes speaks up.

"I was never good at counting; are there at least six of you now? Maybe a bit less? Bah! Good enough. If there are anymore, I can send them along too.

"Alright, listen up, people! I need you to travel to the Fungeon of Broom to retrieve for me the Cream of Good Health -never you mind what it's for. And you," he points to Xorg. "You know my name; you were sent by Bill, weren't you? I never should have told that jackass about the Cream. Anyway, whatever he offered you for it, I'll double it.

"Now, as for directions, you follow that road going north up ahead, take the first right, that'll take you to the village of Broom. Go to the Bouncing Viper Inn, ask for Betty, and ask Betty to show you her-"

"Wait, no, that's the wrong instructions. Well, it was right up until that part about Betty. Do everything the same as before, but ask her to show you to the 'funhouse'.

"No, wait, that one's another peepshow. Okay, same as before, but ask her to show you to the 'Fungeon of Broom'. She'll know what it means."
Glory to Arstotzka!

TherosPherae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: April 16, 2013, 10:27:29 pm »

Churar: Critical Accelerate Allies and Self. Get this party started (and out of town ASAP).
Quote from: Aqizzar
Being vengeance and the night could only be improved by being the ballpunching vengeful night.
Quote from: Cthulhu
Gotham's mysteriously high mental illness rate isn't so mysterious when you find out Batman thinks subduing a guy means spiking his head into the pavement like a football.

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: April 16, 2013, 10:50:41 pm »

Churar: Critical Accelerate Allies and Self. Get this party started (and out of town ASAP).
Casting so many spells at once has the danger of an increased chance of a Spell Malfunction (especially since you have to cast Accelerate Ally once for each of your allies, and then a Critical Cast for each of them individually).

(*Rolls*) You all make it to Broom before the duration of the spell ends, bypassing the Bugbear random encounter, but Churar takes on a curse: every time he eats bananas, they will taste purple to him. They'll still taste like bananas, just also purple.
Glory to Arstotzka!

TherosPherae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: April 16, 2013, 11:55:13 pm »

....Do I get an achievement for being the first in the party to acquire a curse?

Churar: TO THE INN. ACQUIRE BOOZE.
Being vengeance and the night could only be improved by being the ballpunching vengeful night.
Gotham's mysteriously high mental illness rate isn't so mysterious when you find out Batman thinks subduing a guy means spiking his head into the pavement like a football.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: April 16, 2013, 11:59:45 pm »

Shove it down his throat.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: April 17, 2013, 06:29:19 am »

You suddenly wake up, covered in ants.

Freak completely out. Unroot and run in circles with arms flailing, knocking a wasp nest down from a tree.

Spoiler: OOC (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Character Sheet (click to show/hide)
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: April 17, 2013, 02:15:39 pm »

....Do I get an achievement for being the first in the party to acquire a curse?

Churar: TO THE INN. ACQUIRE BOOZE.
The barmaid hands you a Moon Man Absinthe.

"Here you go, hun. Can I interest you in anything else? A peepshow? Access to the Fungeon? Access to the 'Fungeon?'"

Shove it down his throat.
The drug dealer's?

Okay, you manage to force the "medicine" down the dealer's throat, taking 94 Negligible Wounds in the process. Once you get it all down, he stops stabbing you and drops his knives. He sits down in silence for an hour, then starts crying.

"My gods, maaan, what have I become? These days I'm always stabbing people for not paying me right away, but that's not me maaan. That's not why I got into the business. It used to be all about the drugs, maaan. Now I'm shanking people for not giving me money like some sort of corporate pig! I gotta go and rethink my life."

He sits there for another half hour, then walks home.

You suddenly wake up, covered in ants.

Freak completely out. Unroot and run in circles with arms flailing, knocking a wasp nest down from a tree.
This isn't just any wasp nest, this is a nest of Seeker Wasps. They will not stop chasing until they've stung their quarry.

You start running, passing several stores and houses until you reach the outskirts of Lesser Dirtstick, continuing down the road into the forest beyond, passing by an encounter of bugbears, then leaving the trees for the outskirts of Broom, a couple more houses, and you collapse, out of breath, in front of the Bouncing Viper Inn. The wasps all sting you once each, then head back to their nest.

You now have several painful welts on your skin, though, due to your half-watermelon heritage, only half of them were able to make it through your thick watermelon skin, so it's not as bad as it could have been.
Glory to Arstotzka!

TherosPherae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: April 17, 2013, 02:25:17 pm »

Churar: Chug booze and say "Fungeon please."
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 21