Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 24

Author Topic: BM XL: Miner's Mafia (Scumteam Wins!)  (Read 44836 times)

Shinigami_King

• Bay Watcher
  • My flavor text tastes like apples!
    • View Profile
Re: BM XL: Miner's Mafia (Full)
« Reply #210 on: April 27, 2013, 04:20:31 pm »

swordsmith04
What, to you, is the scummiest kind of action? Have you seen such an action in this game?
Death sword-- It is hard to tell. A tell tale sign of a scummy player will be seen if they are not a good player I suppose. They would make themselves obvious. I haven't really seen that in this game. Ranger was definitely the most suspicious but he is gone now. Looking for people to just make a small mistake is foolish. You should keep your eye out, but in this kind of game people over think things and will go on too hard for natural human errors. I can see scummy things in any post but you need to take things with a grain of salt. I am really looking at people who interacted with the scum we already found right now. They could have tried planning on working together to divert suspicion and distance themselves wile not making a strong case against the other. For example not taking quotes to back up their points or saying things that have already been said.

Because of these reasons I am going to vote for swordsmith04
If a scumtell could only ever be utilized in one case, then nobody would ever have more than one vote against them. Bandwagoning is a scumtell; agreeing that someone is scum isn't necessarily one. You might notice that I voiced suspicion of RangerCado before Okami No Rei did. If you didn't, the relevant posts are here and here.

Now I've got a question for you. Why would you try to sub into a game where you already knew who one of the scum were?
You may have mentioned it first purely not to look bias. Also mentioning it early on the offhand (you have to admit it wasn't very threatening even when you "attacked" Ranger) would give you an opportunity to fall back on an old post like you already did. Of course these are all assumptions but they are all possible and quite intelligent ways to avoid being suspected. After Okami started pushing you didn't. You did post again as I quoted before but you did not fully jump into the fray. As if you wanted to avoid being suspected of scummy act known as band-wagoning.

While typing a post, is it possible to go back to previous pages of the thread? I Kind of want to grab some quotes.

Anyway, on page five you asked a question nice and early on. It involved wondering how to play as your least favorite side. The common side that is unfavorable is mafia. So the question could have been interpreted as "how do you play as scum" in a nonchalant way. I will keep looking for more quotes that support my thoughts but seriously. I would really appreciate it if someone told me how to quote previous pages.

Moving on from that. I actually didn't know he was scum in this specific game. He told me he was in 3 different games and he was scum in one of them. Later while we he was explaining mafia to me he saw that I was looking for a beginners game and this was the only one right now. He let it slip he was scum on this one by accident and that is why I wasn't allowed to join until now. I wanted to sub into this game specifically however because Toonyman and Captain Ford told me to try and join a beginners game so they could see if I was good enough for their game. That should answer that question.

I would like to mention to everyone that I have no idea where Spectr is and he hasn't posted in a while. Am I missing something or has he been lurking? In fact, he hasn't said a word since I got here. Come on out, I don't bite... much  :P

Borno. What's up? Are you just going to let everyone see you as an active lurker? You should try to scum hunt, or at least clear your name otherwise you might loose even my trust. Do you have any suspects right now? I'd love to here your ideas.

Deathsword--
We killed one of the scum players, but that doesn't mean we can just sit back and relax, there is another one still.

Death sword- What are your opinions on what the motives might be for Okami to be killed. Would you have made the same move?
Also congratulations on killing one of the scum. What made you decide to vote on him?
My reasons to voting Ranger were stated alongside my vote. He performed actions considered scummy, thus leading to his lynch. As for Okami, it is impossible to know why the scum killed someone (unless you are scum, of course). That ways lies WIFOM. And would I have taken out Okami? Were I scum, probably. I would have taken him out earlier than this, however.
What are your opinions of my points so far. Do you see any flaws in them. I personally think Borno may not be doing the best job of being active but reconsider your vote. We are not on LaLo yet and all Borno has done is be annoying. He does not seem threatening but more just a poor player at the time. (I do think that you need to post Borno!) Look at his questions and answers during RVS. In fact, all of day one he was going quite strong. I feel like RL issues should not be an instant lynch. Consider giving a little lee way. That is unless you convince me otherwise and he is scum.
"When the first living thing existed, I was there waiting. When the last living thing dies, my job will be finished. I'll put the chairs on the tables, turn out the lights and lock the universe behind me when I leave"
"Death is not a hunter unbeknownst to its prey. One is always aware that it lies in wait. Though life is merely a journey to the grave, it must not be undertaken without hope. Only then will a traveler's story live on, cherished by those who bid him farewell."

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
  • Eating dragons has some side effects...
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: April 27, 2013, 04:31:19 pm »

I would really appreciate it if someone told me how to quote previous pages.
There should be a "Quote" link on the upper-right corner of every post.
  • You can copy and paste the bbcode from several quotes to string them together into one post.
  • Don't be afraid to trim down a post to isolate only the content you want to address. (You can add "-snip-" to the ends if you feel insecure about it)
  • Make liberal use of the preview button to make sure you did it all correctly.
...Holy shit. Ford, you get the Official Medal of Epic Awesomeness.
Its official! Ford! You need to put it in your sig now! "Official Mafia Welcomer!"

Griffionday

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: April 27, 2013, 04:44:56 pm »

While typing a post, is it possible to go back to previous pages of the thread? I Kind of want to grab some quotes.

I tend to keep multiple tabs open: One with my post, at least one for reading the thread and comparing various pages, one that has the post bbcode that I'm quoting, and often another that has the post displayed as it posted (to easier orient myself in a wall of text post that I only want to quote a couple relevant sentences from).

Shinigami_King

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: April 27, 2013, 11:41:52 pm »

Thank you for telling me~

From this point on for eight days I will not be making posts often. I will try to make at least one per day but I have no idea if I will have internet access. Just so you guys know. Every time I do get a chance to post I will try to be constructive to the scum hunt at hand. Ciao ^-^
"When the first living thing existed, I was there waiting. When the last living thing dies, my job will be finished. I'll put the chairs on the tables, turn out the lights and lock the universe behind me when I leave"
"Death is not a hunter unbeknownst to its prey. One is always aware that it lies in wait. Though life is merely a journey to the grave, it must not be undertaken without hope. Only then will a traveler's story live on, cherished by those who bid him farewell."

borno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: April 28, 2013, 08:05:31 am »

Sorry if I appear to be lurking, sometimes I'm busy in the weekends. I should be able to make a post tomorrow after school.

swordsmith04

• Bay Watcher
  • Communist Gnome
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: April 28, 2013, 05:55:29 pm »

Agh. Need to pay more attention to this. Bay12 suggestion games are such amusing reads, though...

You may have mentioned it first purely not to look bias. Also mentioning it early on the offhand (you have to admit it wasn't very threatening even when you "attacked" Ranger) would give you an opportunity to fall back on an old post like you already did. Of course these are all assumptions but they are all possible and quite intelligent ways to avoid being suspected. After Okami started pushing you didn't. You did post again as I quoted before but you did not fully jump into the fray. As if you wanted to avoid being suspected of scummy act known as band-wagoning.

Tabs are your friend.

I wasn't truely attacking him at that point. If I'd felt he was scum after reading his response and no one else had jumped on it, I would have started attacking him at that point. My post was more suspicious than antagonistic. The reason I didn't start pushing him when Okami started was partially that Okami was doing an excellent job, and partially because of lack of enthusiasm for the game. (I started procrastinating instead of checking the thread, and wound up reading some other threads in Bay12's roleplaying section. Timesink if ever there was one.) That small post where I voted Cado as well was me trying to have some presence in the thread after disappearing the previous day while not having the time to actually write up anything substantial. I wanted to 'jump into the fray', but I didn't have the time or the material without basically copying Okami No Rei's case. And if I was worried about looking like I was bandwagoning or bussing, I wouldn't have posted at all. Not like I wouldn't have been the only person not to vote D2. Even with my vote, it was still a minority.

Anyway, on page five you asked a question nice and early on. It involved wondering how to play as your least favorite side. The common side that is unfavorable is mafia. So the question could have been interpreted as "how do you play as scum" in a nonchalant way. I will keep looking for more quotes that support my thoughts but seriously. I would really appreciate it if someone told me how to quote previous pages.

I was wondering if someone was going to catch that. It was the original wording of the question, actually. I made it more vague so that I could examine the answer regardless of which side the player answered. I was looking for how they reacted and responded to the question. It was blatant copying of Okami No Rei's stated method of scumhunting, which looked quite interesting.

Moving on from that. I actually didn't know he was scum in this specific game. He told me he was in 3 different games and he was scum in one of them. Later while we he was explaining mafia to me he saw that I was looking for a beginners game and this was the only one right now. He let it slip he was scum on this one by accident and that is why I wasn't allowed to join until now. I wanted to sub into this game specifically however because Toonyman and Captain Ford told me to try and join a beginners game so they could see if I was good enough for their game. That should answer that question.

Ah. I assumed that because of the GM mentioning it that you were specifically aware of the scumteam in this game, mostly that you might know who the scumpartner was or that you could be subbing in for them. You did still offer to sub in before Cado was lynched, though. Since you knew he was scum and was still in play, why would you sub in for another player?

I would like to mention to everyone that I have no idea where Spectr is and he hasn't posted in a while. Am I missing something or has he been lurking? In fact, he hasn't said a word since I got here. Come on out, I don't bite... much  :P

Borno. What's up? Are you just going to let everyone see you as an active lurker? You should try to scum hunt, or at least clear your name otherwise you might loose even my trust. Do you have any suspects right now? I'd love to here your ideas.

It's the weekend. We're not allowed to have anyone prodded on the weekend, apparently. Although I agree about Spectr not being very active. At this point, I'm thinking either Spectr or borno is the last scum. borno, mostly. I'd jump on him, but you'd assume I was trying to distract you. :P
In all seriousness, if he hasn't made a substantial post by Monday night, I'm putting my vote him. I'm hesitant to do it now because in my view, votes aren't something to be thrown around lightly outside of RVS, and he's provided an excuse. An excuse that is quickly expiring, by the way, borno.

Shinigami_King

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: April 28, 2013, 10:44:57 pm »

A quick post do to the fact I suck at texting. I didn't actually think about the problems involved with joining this game until ranger mentioned it in RL after I went through the motions to sign up. He also told me to keep hope because he figured he would be out of the game soon.

Also, I'm looking forward to your post Borno.

If you guy's have any questions for me go ahead. I am going to have a hard time scum-Hunting but I will try to be of as much help as possible.

borno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: April 29, 2013, 04:43:50 am »

swordsmith04:
Borno: Is that all you've got after disappearing for an entire Day?
What do you make of RangerCado focusing on you, but not actually doing anything until pressured?
No, it is not.
I think that RangerCado focusing on me then not doing anything about is scummy, and obviously many other people shared my opinions as he got lynched.

Anywho, first thing's first.

Tabs are your friend.

I wasn't truely attacking him at that point. If I'd felt he was scum after reading his response and no one else had jumped on it, I would have started attacking him at that point. My post was more suspicious than antagonistic. The reason I didn't start pushing him when Okami started was partially that Okami was doing an excellent job, and partially because of lack of enthusiasm for the game. (I started procrastinating instead of checking the thread, and wound up reading some other threads in Bay12's roleplaying section. Timesink if ever there was one.) That small post where I voted Cado as well was me trying to have some presence in the thread after disappearing the previous day while not having the time to actually write up anything substantial. I wanted to 'jump into the fray', but I didn't have the time or the material without basically copying Okami No Rei's case. And if I was worried about looking like I was bandwagoning or bussing, I wouldn't have posted at all. Not like I wouldn't have been the only person not to vote D2. Even with my vote, it was still a minority.
So basically you're admitting to making a small post with minimal effort so that you look like you're being active in the thread? Not only that, but you also admit to copying Okami's case? And don't give me the 'there's not enough time' excuse, there was still a whole 24 hours left to re-read RangerCado's actions for you to build a case your self. Also, that last part is WIFOM and you know it. Really, it sounds like you're trying to make excuses for your incredibly scummy actions. No townie would willingly post something that  even themselves admit is complete garbage. Finally, RangerCado did have the majority of votes on him, because a lot of people were no-voting.

I was wondering if someone was going to catch that. It was the original wording of the question, actually. I made it more vague so that I could examine the answer regardless of which side the player answered. I was looking for how they reacted and responded to the question. It was blatant copying of Okami No Rei's stated method of scumhunting, which looked quite interesting.
More admitting to blatant copying. Nah, just joking, but in all seriousness this looks like it was made up on the fly. The question seems dependant on the player in question is scum, as there isn't much that a townie would know or say that any other ordinary townie would know. Unless of course, the player in question is a power role, which means that that question may have actually been incredibly sneaky role-fishing.
It's the weekend. We're not allowed to have anyone prodded on the weekend, apparently. Although I agree about Spectr not being very active. At this point, I'm thinking either Spectr or borno is the last scum. borno, mostly. I'd jump on him, but you'd assume I was trying to distract you. :P
In all seriousness, if he hasn't made a substantial post by Monday night, I'm putting my vote him. I'm hesitant to do it now because in my view, votes aren't something to be thrown around lightly outside of RVS, and he's provided an excuse. An excuse that is quickly expiring, by the way, borno.
And then there's this. Are you really saying that you want to attack me, but think that if you did it'd make you look like scummy? And then you leave us with a threat of a vote, yet nothing else? RangerCado did that, and he got himself lynched. Better watch your step and repeating your scumbuddy's mistakes.

Overall, you seem to be coming off as a newb scum, coming up with excuses for your slips off the fly, copying other's cases, bandwagoning and even admitting it, and most of all, forsaking the opportunity to attack someone because it'd draw attention to you. No townie would ever do that. All these slips and more, all from one post. I think it's time to hire a swordsmith05, because swordsmith04 is a total scumbag.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: April 30, 2013, 01:59:25 pm »

Everyone other than Borno has been poked.

borno (1) -- Deathsword
swordsmith04 (2) --Shinigami_King, borno
Spectr (0) --
Shinigami King (0) --
Deathsword (0) --

Not Voting: Spectr, Swordsmith04

Day 2 will end Day will end at 01/05/2013 (DD/MM/YYYY) at 18:00 GMT. 22:00 hours left.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: April 30, 2013, 06:26:08 pm »

Extend. I simply can't post today.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

borno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: May 01, 2013, 01:24:14 am »

Extend while I wait for everyone else. Who's the lurker now, huh?!

Shinigami_King

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: May 01, 2013, 09:36:50 am »

I have a few minutes to post. I like the case that you're putting out Borno. It looks like spectr is still deciding not to post :/ any who, I was not sure if I would keep my vote but yeah, I'm keeping my vote on swordsmith04. Before we are finished I think we should try to see if we see any other scummy actions. I don't really need it but I will say extend for you guys.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: May 01, 2013, 12:30:00 pm »

borno (1) -- Deathsword
swordsmith04 (2) --Shinigami_King, borno
Spectr (0) --
Shinigami King (0) --
Deathsword (0) --

Not Voting: Spectr, Swordsmith04

Day 2 will end Day will end at 03/05/2013 (DD/MM/YYYY) at 18:00 GMT. 48:00 hours left.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: May 01, 2013, 05:23:04 pm »

-snipped for size-

I wasn't truely attacking him at that point. If I'd felt he was scum after reading his response and no one else had jumped on it, I would have started attacking him at that point.
This is scummy. Why? First you didn't want to attack someone. Then you admit that you'd only attack him if no one else did. What is wrong with attacking someone already being attacked by others? There is absolutely nothing wrong with that as long as you don't simply parrot what others have said.

My post was more suspicious than antagonistic. The reason I didn't start pushing him when Okami started was partially that Okami was doing an excellent job.
And this is not only scummy, since you didn't attack someone, but lazy as well, since you didn't because someone else was attacking him (or so you claim that to be the reason).

Aside from that you have also shown yourself to be concerned as to wheter others percieve you as scum or not. You always attack whomever is not being attacked, ensuring you look like you are doing something, but not actually having any impact on the game. Town know they are not scum and thus don't worry about it, insteading attacking with all they've got. Scum, on the other hand, worry a lot about being found, and thus try to just stay under the radar, doing as few action as they can, ensuring there is little to no evidence against them. All of this combined lead me to conclude you are scum swordsmith04, and thus you must die.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: May 03, 2013, 12:29:38 pm »

You drag Swordsmith behind a rock. A short scream later, and the few that went with him come back with downcast faces.

Swordsmith has been lynched! He was a Miner!

Night will end 5/6/2013 at 18:00 GMT. 24:00 Hours left.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 24