Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 24

Author Topic: BM XL: Miner's Mafia (Scumteam Wins!)  (Read 44802 times)

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
Re: BM XL: Miner's Mafia (Full)
« Reply #195 on: April 24, 2013, 02:36:34 pm »

Heh, whoops. I misread that as tomorrow. Anyway, ending in 20 minutes.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: April 24, 2013, 02:48:14 pm »

Might as well just BAH! post now, I doubt i'll be saved in 10 minutes.

Good luck guys and i hope i get better at this sooner rather than later. See you all in the next BM!
The best ship is the one where one of them is literally allergic to the other~
Quote from: NakaTeleeli
"A room ain't messy less you can't find nothin!"
[/quote]

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: April 24, 2013, 02:57:08 pm »

RangerCado has been lynched! He was a Sneaky Saboteur (Roleblocker)

Night 2 ends 26/4/2013 at 6:00 GMT

The reason I was blocking Shinigami from joining at the time was he was a RL friend of Ranger and knew his role. Shinigami, if you still want to join, please post after night ends.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: April 26, 2013, 10:49:51 am »

Okami No Rei has been killed! He was a Miner.

Day 3 will end 5/01/2013 at 18:00 GMT. 73 hours left.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2013, 11:29:51 am by Scelly9 »

Shinigami_King

• Bay Watcher
  • My flavor text tastes like apples!
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: April 26, 2013, 03:52:57 pm »

I will join, however I am going on an eight day long trip. Please don't expect me to post as much as the average bear.
"When the first living thing existed, I was there waiting. When the last living thing dies, my job will be finished. I'll put the chairs on the tables, turn out the lights and lock the universe behind me when I leave"
"Death is not a hunter unbeknownst to its prey. One is always aware that it lies in wait. Though life is merely a journey to the grave, it must not be undertaken without hope. Only then will a traveler's story live on, cherished by those who bid him farewell."

borno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: April 26, 2013, 06:44:03 pm »

Sorry for the lurkyness everyone, I'll try to redeem myself today.
Late RangerCado:
Borno: You along with IG, Griff, and Nerjin didn't vote Day 1. IG and Griff turned up dead and town so i can't ask them why but you i can. So, why didn't you vote? And what are your current reads? You haven't posted much so you must have something.
I unvoted Griffionday because I thought that he was town. I didn't vote after because the game had surprise ended before I could get a read on anyone else.
Shinigami_King:
How are you feeling about replacing into this game d3?

Okami No Rei

• Bay Watcher
  • It is by will alone that I set my mind in motion.
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: April 26, 2013, 07:16:38 pm »

Woo!  I died!
It is by the spice caffeine that thoughts acquire speed.
...start thinking that everything somebody does is scummy or that everything is part of some scummy plan to be incredibly devious and mislead the town...

Shinigami_King

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: April 26, 2013, 07:21:31 pm »

How are you feeling about replacing into this game d3?
If that's friendly question, I can say I am quite exited. If thats a question to see how I will think and play I will answer that I am looking forward to being able to succeed in the game, despite coming late with less experience. I seem to be filling in some pretty big shoes.
"When the first living thing existed, I was there waiting. When the last living thing dies, my job will be finished. I'll put the chairs on the tables, turn out the lights and lock the universe behind me when I leave"
"Death is not a hunter unbeknownst to its prey. One is always aware that it lies in wait. Though life is merely a journey to the grave, it must not be undertaken without hope. Only then will a traveler's story live on, cherished by those who bid him farewell."

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: April 26, 2013, 08:52:00 pm »

Shinigami_King

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: April 27, 2013, 12:12:57 am »

Hello hello hello. I figure I should post how I am viewing everything right now if I am away more often this week. I have finished skimming over all the posts starting at day one and here are my personal views of everyone.

Borno- leaning towards scum. He really seems to active lurk
Sorry for the lurkyness everyone, I'll try to redeem myself today.
also take note he didn't really seem to try to redeem himself.

Swordsmith- looks like scum to me. I was looking for not truly threatening banter between Ranger and others and swordsmith seems to fit the bill
So when are you going to actually start questioning borno? There's only a few hours left to D2, and you've done nothing since Friday. And when you voted for borno, Griffionday was still questioning him - he hadn't 'left off' him at all. You're activelurking, bandwagoning scum, Cado.
Death sword- seems a bit lurky and he doesn't seem reliable but other than that I can't point fingers without searching out some obscure quotes that probably don't mean anything.

Turuin- Hasn't really done anything major so I can't judge. Whos place are you replacing again? Though you don't seem the utmost reliable seeing as you have only really made jokes thus far.

Question time!

Death sword- What are your opinions on what the motives might be for Okami to be killed. Would you have made the same move?
Also congratulations on killing one of the scum. What made you decide to vote on him?

Swordsmith- Everything you have been doing honestly seems a little fishy to me. Would you like to explain your motives? You also voted Ranger. Could you answer the same question as written above.

No one has posted recently and I am new so I feel like I am doing something wrong. If I am please let me know and I will try to fix my ways.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: April 27, 2013, 06:40:14 am »

Turuin- Hasn't really done anything major so I can't judge. Whos place are you replacing again? Though you don't seem the utmost reliable seeing as you have only really made jokes thus far.
I'm glad I made an impact already -- I'm the scum IC, Shinigami. I am not reliable at all to you miners, with all them picks and whatnot.

The only one I am reliable to is that person. Right there? To your left.

{But anything in braces are my IC voice - I could pop in later in game to give advice if anyone else can't...at the moment. Do note that I'm not playing and the above is just banter.}

*Tiruin hasn't done anything major but replace the scum IC.

Shinigami_King

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: April 27, 2013, 11:56:12 am »

Do note that I'm not playing and the above is just banter
I understand all of the things now. Sorry for my mistakes.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: April 27, 2013, 12:41:34 pm »

We killed one of the scum players, but that doesn't mean we can just sit back and relax, there is another one still.

Death sword- What are your opinions on what the motives might be for Okami to be killed. Would you have made the same move?
Also congratulations on killing one of the scum. What made you decide to vote on him?
My reasons to voting Ranger were stated alongside my vote. He performed actions considered scummy, thus leading to his lynch. As for Okami, it is impossible to know why the scum killed someone (unless you are scum, of course). That ways lies WIFOM. And would I have taken out Okami? Were I scum, probably. I would have taken him out earlier than this, however.

No one has posted recently and I am new so I feel like I am doing something wrong. If I am please let me know and I will try to fix my ways.
Nothing wrong with posting even when others do not.

What, to you, is the scummiest kind of action? Have you seen such an action in this game?

Borno: You keep apologizing for lurking, and yet you lurk. I still remember that BM where you lurked to victory as scum.

{Do not lurk, people! Nothing kills a game faster than lurking}
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Shinigami_King

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: April 27, 2013, 12:57:23 pm »

What, to you, is the scummiest kind of action? Have you seen such an action in this game?
Death sword-- It is hard to tell. A tell tale sign of a scummy player will be seen if they are not a good player I suppose. They would make themselves obvious. I haven't really seen that in this game. Ranger was definitely the most suspicious but he is gone now. Looking for people to just make a small mistake is foolish. You should keep your eye out, but in this kind of game people over think things and will go on too hard for natural human errors. I can see scummy things in any post but you need to take things with a grain of salt. I am really looking at people who interacted with the scum we already found right now. They could have tried planning on working together to divert suspicion and distance themselves wile not making a strong case against the other. For example not taking quotes to back up their points or saying things that have already been said.

Because of these reasons I am going to vote for swordsmith04

swordsmith04

• Bay Watcher
  • Communist Gnome
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: April 27, 2013, 03:30:48 pm »

Shinigami:
Swordsmith- looks like scum to me. I was looking for not truly threatening banter between Ranger and others and swordsmith seems to fit the bill
So when are you going to actually start questioning borno? There's only a few hours left to D2, and you've done nothing since Friday. And when you voted for borno, Griffionday was still questioning him - he hadn't 'left off' him at all. You're activelurking, bandwagoning scum, Cado.

Swordsmith- Everything you have been doing honestly seems a little fishy to me. Would you like to explain your motives? You also voted Ranger. Could you answer the same question as written above.

To start with, welcome to the game. If you feel like no one has posted recently, that is one of the best times to post. Inactivity only benefits scum. As for non-threatening banter, I can see how you'd think that. During D1 and early D2 I thought Cado was more noob town than scum, following Griffionday because Griff was doing a great job at scumhunting. When he just stopped doing anything D2 is what made me switch my opinion of him. I had about 15 minutes to write up a post when I voted him D2, and I usually take a long time to write up my posts. Not nearly enough time to put together anything decent at that point, so I just threw in a line that sounded aggressive. The part you quoted was the aborted beginning of me writing up my own case on Cado. The only reason I posted at all was because I didn't want to just disappear from the thread for two days.

I voted Cado because I thought he was scum. He was promising actions but not actually doing anything, despite having plenty of opportunity, and he was bandwagoning whoever Griffionday was questioning.

As for Okami, I'd guess that the scum NKed them because of effective scumhunting. So far, they've killed Griffionday and Okami No Rei, both of whom were doing a fair bit of scumhunting and generally seemed to know what they were doing. That would've been my reasoning for killing them, anyway. And yes, if I were scum, I would have targeted those two.

Death sword-- It is hard to tell. A tell tale sign of a scummy player will be seen if they are not a good player I suppose. They would make themselves obvious. I haven't really seen that in this game. Ranger was definitely the most suspicious but he is gone now. Looking for people to just make a small mistake is foolish. You should keep your eye out, but in this kind of game people over think things and will go on too hard for natural human errors. I can see scummy things in any post but you need to take things with a grain of salt. I am really looking at people who interacted with the scum we already found right now. They could have tried planning on working together to divert suspicion and distance themselves wile not making a strong case against the other. For example not taking quotes to back up their points or saying things that have already been said.

Because of these reasons I am going to vote for swordsmith04
If a scumtell could only ever be utilized in one case, then nobody would ever have more than one vote against them. Bandwagoning is a scumtell; agreeing that someone is scum isn't necessarily one. You might notice that I voiced suspicion of RangerCado before Okami No Rei did. If you didn't, the relevant posts are here and here.

Now I've got a question for you. Why would you try to sub into a game where you already knew who one of the scum were?

Borno: Is that all you've got after disappearing for an entire Day?
What do you make of RangerCado focusing on you, but not actually doing anything until pressured?
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 24