Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 24

Author Topic: BM XL: Miner's Mafia (Scumteam Wins!)  (Read 44816 times)

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
Re: BM XL: Miner's Mafia (Full)
« Reply #240 on: May 07, 2013, 05:22:35 pm »

Lenglon: Are you basing your scumhunting method on that of any other player (not necessarily in this game)? If so, who and why?

Also, do you have any other evidence on anyone other than accusations of not hunting and lurking?
My scumhunting technique is mostly my own, although I have paid the most attention to Tiruin's posts. Wondering what was keeping Tiruin busy and away from ER is how i ended up on the mafia board in the first place,and why I've paid her posts the most attention.

I have a large amount of WIFOM fuel i'm digging through, but i dont really want to present it until I can form it into something coherent that cannot be dismissed with a simple "that's what scum wants you to think" I would like to avoid muddying the waters and keep it to myself. as for other evidence than simple lack of action? well, there's the noobtell and bandwagoning issue I'm detailing out below.

Quote from: Deathsword link=topic=124597.msg4231727#msg4231727 date=1 a367959991
Deathsword: what are your current scum reads and why?
I have to reread, but as it stands now you are null (your predecessor vanished and you just replaced),
Riiiight, but what are your reads on everyone else? I understand why you wouldn't have a read on me, new person and all, but I want to know what you think of borno, and especially shinigami.
Quote from: Deathsword link=topic=124597.msg4231727#msg4231727 date=1 a367959991
what is your opinion on borno specifically? why have you let him off so easily for mistaking noobtells for scumtells?
Could you provide an example where I did what you accuse me of in the bolded part?
the case on swordsmith was based mostly on noobtells in my eyes. Yes, he was playing badly, but it's a common normal mistake to make as a new player. being defensive is a common new player mistake. The really odd part about it that bothered me was that you didn't give him the same forgiveness you showed Ranger. Ranger gave away that he was scum by not attacking, and failing to keep promises. your reaction to this was to pressure vote him (which was deserved) but rather than present a case on him you merely said:
Then why aren't you asking him questions?
Looking at your Day2 posts, I do not see where you formed a proper case on Ranger. in fact the only thing you said about him, at all, was that quote up there. the entire rest of your Day2 posts were answering questions and 
Nerjin and Borno: Reads, yes?
that's it. that is not scumhunting, that's not presenting a case, that is doing the obvious thing. in fact all you did was avoid giving out a massive scumtell by not voting for obvious lying scum.

that discrepancy is a double-standard. you were being nice to your scumbuddy, and giving him a chance to redeem himself. you pretty much directly told him what he needed to be doing, and his failure to do it forced you to bus him.

now then, on day3, did you scumhunt? nope. look at the timestamps on your day3 posts. you didn't say ANYTHING until after the swordsmith had given up and walked away. you didn't follow through on your accusation to borno, you didn't question shinigami, you've done almost nothing the entire game.
Spoiler: the posts in question (click to show/hide)
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: May 07, 2013, 05:44:45 pm »

Just re-read my own post and i realized that i never went into any real detail about bandwagoning on sword. You were the third one to post on the subject, you included a vote, you didn't include new content, you didn't ask a single question, and you abandoned your earlier questions and suspicions to do it. that looks like bandwagoning scum to me.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: May 07, 2013, 05:53:09 pm »

... i miss the modify button so much, that's going to be a painful habit to break. sorry about the triple-post (again), i'll try to avoid a repeat of this.

anyways the other issue is that wasn't the first time you've done it. you were part of the group that lynched IG (who deserved it, even as town), part of the group that lynched ranger, and part of the group that lynched swordsmith. you've never been the primary questioner, never cast the first vote, but you've always voted with the biggest group. that's classic bandwagon.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: May 07, 2013, 08:26:26 pm »

*sigh*
Excuse me a moment folks, but this is frankly inexcusable.
unvote
Borno: I've been tracking when you log on, you've been active many times since the day started and haven't said a single word, Post or die.

GM: When does the day end? somehow i think
As you wake up in the morning, you look around hurriedly. After a quick headcount, you realize that you are all here. Nobody has died tonight. The good mood settles back to depression as the day moves on and a new board is draw up in chalk. Four names left.

Day will end 5/6/2013 at 18:00 GMT. Approximately 72 hours left.

Spectr needs a replacement, anyone up for it?
the date listed here could just possibly be wrong.

also, could we get a prod on borno?

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: May 07, 2013, 08:35:56 pm »

Scelly's not on so i went and prodded borno... I hope thats allowed...
The best ship is the one where one of them is literally allergic to the other~
Quote from: NakaTeleeli
"A room ain't messy less you can't find nothin!"
[/quote]

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: May 07, 2013, 08:42:19 pm »

Day will end 5/9/2013 at 18:00 GMT. Approximately 40 hours left.

You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Shinigami_King

• Bay Watcher
  • My flavor text tastes like apples!
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: May 07, 2013, 11:00:28 pm »

HAHA! Ranger isn't actually dead? Or maybe he is a zombie~~~ A zombie cado.. A ZADO DUN DUN DUUUUN

On a serious note I am going to say extend because I really want something to actually happen. No more talking to a wall. Borno! Deathsword! Come on out and play~ <(^_^)>

Lenglon- I can't really think of any questions to go around asking right now but if you want you can ask me something. I havn't been a target really and no one has really started a conversation with me. I'm getting bored of the lack of conversation...

I also just thought of a mini question for you why in this post
Quote from: Lenglon on May 06, 2013, 09:42:33 pm
Deathsword: what are your current scum reads and why?
I have to reread, but as it stands now you are null (your predecessor vanished and you just replaced),
Riiiight, but what are your reads on everyone else? I understand why you wouldn't have a read on me, new person and all, but I want to know what you think of borno, and especially shinigami.
did you ask especially me?

Curiosity killed the cat~

(I tried to snip the quotes but I don't know how to properly do it. If there are any inconsistencies I apologize.)
"When the first living thing existed, I was there waiting. When the last living thing dies, my job will be finished. I'll put the chairs on the tables, turn out the lights and lock the universe behind me when I leave"
"Death is not a hunter unbeknownst to its prey. One is always aware that it lies in wait. Though life is merely a journey to the grave, it must not be undertaken without hope. Only then will a traveler's story live on, cherished by those who bid him farewell."

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: May 07, 2013, 11:29:50 pm »

Shinigami:
no problem, nested quotes can be difficult to work with, especially if you have to pick them out of some giant post.

the reason i asked especially you is because you've been around the least. I've got less information about you than the other two.

Also, if we are on MyLo as Deathsword said, if we don't Lynch anyone and let the mafia take one of us wouldn't we be in a better position. There would be a 1/3 chance of getting it right instead of a 1/4 chance of getting it right and we could really crack down and focus on the others. Just an idea.
I disagree with this, because I believe who the scum would kill in any case is quite obvious.

Case 1:Deathsword scum: kill either Shinigami or Lenglon, doesn't matter which, leave alive whichever one looks easier to mislead, Lynch Borno at LYLO.
Case 2:Borno scum: kill either Shinigami or Lenglon, doesn't matter which, leave alive whichever one looks easier to mislead, Lynch Deathsword at LYLO.
Case 3:Shinigami scum: kill Lenglon, Lynch Borno at LYLO.
Case 4:Lenglon scum: kill Shinigami, Lynch Borno at LYLO.

why lynch Borno at lylo if the scum is you or me? because he's painting himself as scum from head to toe, and would be the easy one for scum to cause a mislynch on. the way i see it two eyes are better than one, and (assuming i treat you as confirmed town) since we're going to have to decide if it's Borno or Deathsword that is scum here (i can ignore myself in my reasoning) it doesn't matter if we wait. no matter who the scum is, we already know who tonight's NK will be. there is no reason to bother waiting for it.

something i'd like to know though:
Deathsword- I am going to be honest. You look scummier to me than borno. I know that it was a long way back but first impressions stick. On day one the people that I observed to be the scummiest were you in number 1
I was confused by this quote. during my re-read Deathsword didn't look scummy on day 1. where he looked scummy to me was mostly on Day 3, especially his last post of Day3 where he moved to lynch Swordsmith. could you please tell me why he seemed scummy on Day 1?

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: May 07, 2013, 11:36:51 pm »

oh, and sure, although i think it's a bit early to bother with it, extend.

borno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: May 08, 2013, 06:50:35 am »

Lenglon:
Borno: why have you been lurking so hard ever since day 1? you were active and useful then, but haven't done much since. why haven't you taken the initiative since griffon pressured you back on day 1. why have you only asked shinigami a single question since he replaced in?
Shinigami_King:
How are you feeling about replacing into this game d3?
really? that's all you have to ask him? ever? not even a single RVS question?
Firstly: Yes, my lurking has been inexcusable. I've been planning to make up for it, but apparently I broke my promise. Procrastination is a powerful demon indeed.

Secondly: Yes. It's not RVS anymore, you don't ask RVS questions. What I found odd was that you say I'm scummy for not doing this... And then not do it yourself?

Deathsword:
I think that your reasons for voting swordsmith were a bit naff. You took what everyone else had said and then put it into different words. Also, the post (the post which would kill someone) was about 10 lines long. How do you explain this?

Once again, I apologise. I'll try to be more active from now on, but I might be a bit busy for the next few days. For now though, I'll extend and make another post tomorrow.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: May 08, 2013, 07:50:12 am »

Borno:
What was, and still is, scummy, is that you haven't been asking him questions of any kind, RVS or not. And that is something that I have been doing.
Shinigami:
something i'd like to know though:
Deathsword- I am going to be honest. You look scummier to me than borno. I know that it was a long way back but first impressions stick. On day one the people that I observed to be the scummiest were you in number 1
I was confused by this quote. during my re-read Deathsword didn't look scummy on day 1. where he looked scummy to me was mostly on Day 3, especially his last post of Day3 where he moved to lynch Swordsmith. could you please tell me why he seemed scummy on Day 1?
Shinigami: what do you think of the lack of roles this game? what is your opinion of Borno's passive lurking vs Deathsword's active lurking? why are you, the newest person here other than myself, the one that is actively scumhunting the most?
It's still inadequate questioning, but at least it's something.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: May 08, 2013, 11:58:36 am »

Day has been extended 48 hours
Day will end 5/13/2013 at 18:00 GMT.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Shinigami_King

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: May 08, 2013, 05:52:05 pm »

Lenglon- It was just intuition that I didn't trust deathsword during RVS. I've been looking it over and nothing stands out other than his lurking. But my sentiment still stands.

A quote from borno
Lastly, Everyone:
If everyone could present their reads, that would be grand. Here are mine:

Griffionday: Seems towny, answers questions and generally helps with the scum hunting. A bit Defensive though

Nerjin: More of a null-read on, hasn't really posted much

RangerCado: Null read, leaning a little town

Deathsword: Also null, doesn't seem to have done much so far

Swordsmith: Leaning town, gives good questions and thorough answers, if sometimes incorrect

Okami: Slightly scummy, rather verbose and lurky (RL issues)

IG: Slightly scummy, lazy, lurks, active lurking although he says he hates active lurking

A quote from specter
Griffionday - Null to twon
RangerCado - Null to slight town
borno - Slighty leaning towards scum as he seems a bit quick to attack, and doesn't seem to scum hunt only defend himself.
Imperial Guardsman - Scum, as you don't seem to posting all that much, and when you do you don't seem to try to answer any questions too well.
Okami No Rei - Null to slight scum as he was missing for a while
Swordsmith - Slight town
Nerjin - Slight Town
DeathSword - Null

I think that's everyone

A quote from scelly just before the lynching of IG
Griffionday (0) --
RangerCado (0) --
borno (2) -- Okami No Rei, RangerCado
Imperial Guardsman (3) -- Spectr, Deathsword, swordsmith04
Okami No Rei (0) --
swordsmith04 (0) --
Spectr (0) --
Nerjin (0) --
Deathsword (0) --

Not Voting: Imperial Guardsman, Nerjin, Griffionday, Borno

Day will end at 18/04/2013 (DD/MM/YYYY) at 18:00 GMT. 17 minutes remaining.

I would like to say that the first two quotes I really find fascinating. Hearing opinions on everyone is good and borno you seem pretty good at giving your opinion. I would like to hear it again but in more detail seeing as there are fewer players. In fact if everyone could do this I would appreciate it.

Second, notice that even 17 minutes before the end of D1 Ranger still had a vote for Borno who could have easily been lynched due to the skepticism of others. If borno is scum, wouldn't that mean he had a chance to lynch his own buddy who wasn't even in trouble on day one? Seems fishy.

Well, that seems good for now. I will post a reads post when I get back from a workout. PEACE
"When the first living thing existed, I was there waiting. When the last living thing dies, my job will be finished. I'll put the chairs on the tables, turn out the lights and lock the universe behind me when I leave"
"Death is not a hunter unbeknownst to its prey. One is always aware that it lies in wait. Though life is merely a journey to the grave, it must not be undertaken without hope. Only then will a traveler's story live on, cherished by those who bid him farewell."

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: May 08, 2013, 06:31:23 pm »

Shinigami:My reads? Um, I'm trying to apply as much pressure as I can on both Borno and Deathsword. If I acknowledge which one feels scummier to me I think the other one won't be pressured enough to make mistakes. My read on you is Mild Town, and both of them feel scummy to me. one of them does feel scummier to me than the other.

Deathsword: could you please paste a link to the game where Borno "Lurked to Victory"? I would like to review it for building a meta-based case.

Borno: Please post more content, your question to me was decent, but your reply was essentially a repeat of Deathsword's
{RVS questions are rarely asked to replacements. Instead the questions are about the players opinion on his/her predecessor's actions and what has happened so far}
and your question to Deathsword was a repeat of what I'm asking him with slightly different, and vaguer, wording. It also contradicts the fact that Deathsword's post was several days before the end of Day 3, if you had questions or issues with it, why didn't you ask him then?

I'll leave my vote on you for now, because I don't think you've posted enough actual content to be off the hook just yet, and there's no hammers so i don't have to worry about speedlynch shenanigans.

Shinigami_King

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: May 08, 2013, 10:22:09 pm »

Lenglon- town
Spectr did nothing to lead me into suspecting him and you seem to be leading a pretty strong case in this. The only second guesses on you I have are when I question if you just play a good scum game. You seem quite intelligent so I worry that you may be good at leading people into thinking what I am now. But you know. That's really all I have on you.

Borno- mild scum
You seemed too strong at the beginning of the game to have been scum. You have been presenting scumier actions recently which makes you a *Blip* on my radar. However, after reviewing your old posts you really seem to just be a player with a bad case of active lurking.
(I don't have a tab to copy/paste off of right now but you were one of the first to attack Cado, when there was nothing even to base your attack on. This leads me to feel like you are just an ordinary miner.

Deathsword- Scummier but still mild.
My general feelings toward you right now are pretty simple. All your actions seem to be fairly two dimensional with no original reasoning, meaning or strength behind them.

That's all for now.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 24