Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16

Author Topic: Evolved: Up the Ladder  (Read 13000 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Evolved: Up the Ladder
« Reply #195 on: April 19, 2013, 01:44:07 am »

((O_o

Wow Lenglon. That was me, IC speaking, I knew it OOC. Thanks for that effort though. Really :D

...because I didn't see that one thing regarding balut on Cheese which actually would give off his nationality X3))

((@GWG: Basically Clair found zombie-things on the lower streets, then they told the chief. The chief sent you and Marcus to help the group to warn the villagers and build a barricade. Also, they're going shopping))

Map of the village entrance:

-------/__G___G___\----------------/__G___G___\--------
----------------------------------------------------------------

000                                LLL
++++          ++++                         ++++++                                               Key: E (Erin)                                               
+     +         +L    +                        +   Gz   +                                                      C (Clair)
+0   +         +L    +                        +          +                                                      N (Nectarius)
++++          ++++                         +          +                                                      K (Kira)
                                                       ++++++                                                     Z (Zerol)
++++                                                                                                                M (Marcus)
+E   +                                  E                                                                                                      (Inter)
+   E+                          C N K Z M I                                                                   Gz   (Gh'zul/Chieftain)
++++                                                                                                                (Guard)
                                                                                                                         E   (Villager)

Description: The northern part is a ditch with two walkways and two guards each, armed with spears and fur armor. The small squares are houses. The big square is the war hut. You guys are the colored letters in the middle. The east side is a cliff, where I didn't put anything. The south leads to the market, and the west is where the Aquisitioners are stationed. (Wow, this map took way more effort than expected!  :'( )
Thrice darn. This is on a cool level of formatting :D

Use the
Code: [Select]
Code option next time (if uncolored - code doesn't read colors...). It's the # in the reply option.

And I feel that pain. Thanks for the layout though Cheese! :P [I'd like to point you out to lawastooshort - he's a good man with that sort of work and would pretty much be a good aid.]

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: April 19, 2013, 02:08:26 am »

Description: The northern part is a ditch with two walkways and two guards each, armed with spears and fur armor. The small squares are houses. The big square is the war hut. You guys are the colored letters in the middle. The east side is a cliff, where I didn't put anything. The south leads to the market, and the west is where the Aquisitioners are stationed.
((Ummm...))
make a blockade at the south entrance.
((i think we're missing a key piece of mapping data here.))

((oh, and um, oops? it's no problem to me anyways. posts of quotes like that are actually easier to me than just typing out an explanation.))
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: April 19, 2013, 03:40:31 pm »

Go help with the barricade, using my terrakinesis. Go help with the negotiations, using my charismakinesis.

And I've found that monospaced fonts seem to work better than codes. See A Beginner's Guide, which is absolutely not just a plug for one of my games that I really enjoy running.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2013, 04:11:04 pm by GreatWyrmGold »
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: April 19, 2013, 03:48:40 pm »

Go help with the barricade, using my terrakinesis.
((well, I'm not in any position to stop you or anything. I guess I'll just hope Clair/Scrapheap manages to make things work without you.))
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: April 19, 2013, 03:51:39 pm »

Go help with the barricade, using my terrakinesis.
((well, I'm not in any position to stop you or anything. I guess I'll just hope Clair/Scrapheap manages to make things work without you.))
((Huh?))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: April 19, 2013, 03:54:36 pm »

Erin next turns to Clair and the new guy who hasn't introduced himself yet
"You, i want you and Clair to go negotiate with the Aqusitioners, convince them that helping us defend the area is a good way to earn the acceptance of the locals. try to get the chief in on it. they look to have some nasty ranged weapons, that is perfect for this kind of defensive situation. stick together you two, and take care of each other. We dont know the Aqusitioners intentions yet and you're a lot safer in a pair than alone. Lets get moving everyone."
Go with the new guy and negotiate with the Aqusitioners
((btw, clair's CHA score is 0, yours is 4.
my thinking had been your classic Face (Intir) and Heel (Clair) setup, also clair is very good in a fight if necessary.))
« Last Edit: April 19, 2013, 03:56:48 pm by Lenglon »

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: April 19, 2013, 04:00:45 pm »

Erin next turns to Clair and the new guy who hasn't introduced himself yet
"You, i want you and Clair to go negotiate with the Aqusitioners, convince them that helping us defend the area is a good way to earn the acceptance of the locals. try to get the chief in on it. they look to have some nasty ranged weapons, that is perfect for this kind of defensive situation. stick together you two, and take care of each other. We dont know the Aqusitioners intentions yet and you're a lot safer in a pair than alone. Lets get moving everyone."
Go with the new guy and negotiate with the Aqusitioners
((btw, clair's CHA score is 0, yours is 4.
my thinking had been your classic Face (Intir) and Heel (Clair) setup, also clair is very good in a fight if necessary.))
I see
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: April 20, 2013, 02:39:54 pm »

((Cheesecake - you still busy?))

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: April 20, 2013, 11:00:59 pm »

((Sorry again! Posting now! Um, just pretend that the chieftain told you to build the barricade to the north  :P))

After Erin tells her plan to the party, she soars up to the air and looks around the area. (4+Int 2-DC 4) You find that the village only has one slope to it's entrance to the north. The other sides are just cut-off hillsides. The slope coming up has one main road, and three smaller roads leading up to it. The area that Clair first encountered the things is not far; at most a kilometer from here. There is one relatively tall tower just outside the village; it looks like it could hold up to three men.

Jackal looks around the village entrance, designing a mental image in his mind on what would be most ideal. (21+Int 1-DC 9) You manage to design a fairly safe design. You think that you should put sharpened logs on the ditch, and build a wall behind it; preferably made of wood, sandbags, or loose rocks. The ditch is about 10 m deep, and is around 30 m wide, nearly reaching the end of the cliff. You think that if you start filling it with water now, you might be able to fill it to the brim in time. With the plan in mind, all you need now are workers to retrieve the materials and start working.

Nectarius runs around town, calling to people in the square. You call for help, and try to get their attention. (6+Cha 2-DC 3) They listen intently on your pleas. They immediately run to their houses and come back out, fully armed and fully armored. They rush to Jackal and ask for his instructions. Some have already brought their axes and hammers, and one evolved with four arms is bring a whole load of wood.

Meanwhile, Clair and Inter head over to the Aquisitioners and ask for their help. The guards stop you and aim their Shooters at you. You tell them what's happening, but they don't listen. Eventually, their leader comes and when he hears about the things, he orders the guards to let you pass.

"Ah, the Thralls have troubled you too, eh?" he chuckles. "We, too, have been troubled by the vermin. You see, when we first arrived in the Galapagosian Quarantine, there was a Wall which we could not fly over. So, we blew up a large hole. We thought of colonizing the floors first, as our scans couldn't detect any life signatures. Our scans were wrong. Oh, so wrong..."

"After the first week, our men had been strangely disappearing. We searched for them, but could not find them. Eventually, we found them. They changed, though. They were different. Changed. Warped. They started attacking us, their numbers swelling. We managed to put some of them down, but they started screaming. They were... calling something. Some of our men could not handle it, succumbing to the screams and going mad. Shouting 'Qz' or something. The larger Thralls arrived; one in particular, was very memorable to me,"

"The beast was a behemoth, dwarfing many of our tanks. It walked on four large legs. It had a long neck, and four large arms. It pushed us back outside the Wall in less than an hour. My team and I could not make it in time; and so, we were left here. We will lend our aid," he says calmly, with strange looks from the soldiers. He quickly dismissed their looks and ordered them to help with the barricade and supply you with shooters.

Kira heads to the shop, looking for the armor-smith. He is picking up his weapons and heading to the entrance. You call out to him; he stops and turns.

"Why hello! Have you heard? Monsters are coming! If you need weapons, just take them from the store! Don't worry, you look like a trustable young lady! You can pay me later!" he says, rushing off to join the help.

Now, nearly the whole village is at the entrance, awaiting instructions. The Aquisitioners are also there, cleaning and maintaining their shooters. The children are helping, too. They are picking up stones for their slings, and helping carry wood for the barricade. The sun will set soon; so it seems that it's best to hurry.

((Wait, did I forget anything? Anyways, sorry for being late...  :P))
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: April 20, 2013, 11:09:28 pm »

[I can't tell if I succeed with gusto, or if that's a typo. I will say I'd be impressed if I rolled a natural twenty one though. So if I'm reading the roll right, I rolled a twenty one, which is added to my INT of one, which is subtracted to the DC of nine. Either way, I'll post tomorrow when I'm not as tired or working.]

superBlast

• Bay Watcher
  • The guy that loves nukes too much
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: April 20, 2013, 11:33:47 pm »

((Um... you forgot about me.... but I was helping warn everyone so I'll just pretend that I helped out Nectarious.))

Zerol is pretty impressed. He didn't think everyone would rally together so easily plus the Aquisitioners aren't as murderous as their first impression implied. Though these Thralls sound.... really really bad. Especially if there is one that's bigger and stronger then a tank. But best to deal with that when it comes... though a plan on how to deal with it if it does appear sounds like a good idea.

((yeah i'm considering we all pretty much have all the same info))

"Hm... I think we need a plan to deal with the giant thrall if it decides to make an appearance. I doubt we can fight it so the only thing I can think of is a way to evacuate everyone through a backdoor of sorts.... that or work on a underground shelter in case things get really bad. Though that'd take up a lot of time so that doesn't really sound feasible... What do you guys think?" Zerol voices his thoughts on the giant thrall to the rest of the group.
"Come oooooon, a little insanity never hurt anyone.... Well except for that one guy, but never mind him." -superBlast

I gots a new livestream! Check it out here at http://www.twitch.tv/iamsuperblast

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: April 20, 2013, 11:37:13 pm »

[I can't tell if I succeed with gusto, or if that's a typo. I will say I'd be impressed if I rolled a natural twenty one though. So if I'm reading the roll right, I rolled a twenty one, which is added to my INT of one, which is subtracted to the DC of nine.]

((You rolled with 4d8, and that resulted in 21. +1 for your Int. I rolled for a DC with a 1d10))
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: April 20, 2013, 11:46:57 pm »

[So unless I rolled way, way below the average there was practically no chance of failure? Nice. I will admit though, I probably overshot it. Did that eat up any energy beyond what it would anyway? What would of been the normal roll? Basically, can I ask for some information as to how the roll is broken down, something similar to the combat roll. Its clear to see what would roll what in combat thanks to the handy guide on the front page, but I'm afraid I'm a bit clueless on non-combat instances.]

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: April 20, 2013, 11:47:47 pm »

((Well, I was helping Clair, but meh.))

See if my terrakinesis can help with the barricade.
Sig

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: April 20, 2013, 11:56:26 pm »

[Oh, right, do pick up a melee weapon for me, would you Tiruin? The bigger the better, I can probably handle a weapon that would usually require tremendous strength due to having four to still-unknown-number of fully working arms and hands. Ranged is fine, but I'm not exactly going to excel at it at the moment. It would be a touch similar to rookies firing in UFO Defense, I bet, except if they could handle two assault rifles at the same time instead of one. My, that's a scary thought.]
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16