Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 16

Author Topic: Evolved: Up the Ladder  (Read 12998 times)

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
Re: Evolved: Up the Ladder
« Reply #165 on: April 07, 2013, 06:13:14 am »

((And where do you get new cibus "seeds" if no cibus can reach maturity due to their growth and development being stunted since their mode of reproduction is non-viable?))

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: April 07, 2013, 09:44:35 am »

((@Tsuchi: I really believe against using Photosynthesis as a means to bring fire :P Because...the process in which photosynthesis goes, the components for fire is...not that viable. I believe some kind of gland or organ/storage area for nitrogen or gaseous components as opposed to starch/ plant-based food products is better. Because you're using combustion on food. Also, lack of chloroplasts, or perhaps red chloroplasts. Heh :P Also, your username rings a bell along the lines of Japanese mythology/folklore. Like Yokai (spelled as pronounced, forgot the correct spelling :/)?

Edit: Photosynthesis-like. That works...in a relativistic way. Didn't read it that way XD Pretty interesting using chemical energy...to melt steel. :P [I mean, damn hot. Must some kind of synthesis reaction given you're using solar energy for that. But interesting nonetheless. Speaking in game-mechanics, it must be an emergency power-use thing, right?]

((It's like a turbo-charged photosynthesis, very important as well. I kind of think of it as a time-based modifier, mid-day is a +2, but when the sun goes down, it goes as low as -4 to rolls for it. Twilight and sunrise, when there's weak light, is -1/-2. The photosynthesis is ingrained so much that without direct exposure to the sun, Cynri will grow incredibly weak, and will slowly shut down. I'd imagine that the reaction is similar in the production of sugar, but the products are used in a different way. It's been too long for me to remember Biology :P .

Cynri is a light eater, but she still requires food. The reaction is part of what gives her energy, and without it she'd literally be half-starved. The photosynthesis does provide her with sugars, but most of it goes on to continue reacting to form the flamethrower fuel. Since it's not perfect, she's left with some extra sugars used for energy. Because of the interdependence of her abilities, she can get very nauseous without sunlight and won't be able to keep food down if weak. UV rays, such as those from a tanning bed, will allow her to recharge, although much less efficiently than with sunlight.

Also, the melt-steel is less of a "I can make a hole in a steel wall" and more "I can slightly soften a steel wall, unless it's foil-thin."

My name is actually more Yokai related than that, Tsuchigumo were, iirc, a race of half-spider half-man creatures. I forget a lot of the details,
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: April 12, 2013, 07:48:22 am »

((Sorry I haven't posted in a while. It's Friday now! Do you guys still want to continue with this?))
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: April 12, 2013, 08:13:38 am »

((Ayup.))

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: April 12, 2013, 08:25:24 am »

[Yeah. Also, finally caught up, seems its the case of just not enough space to have enough farmland to avoid cannibalism. That's much trickier to fix solve, not without industrial equipment which is non-existent sadly. Good news though is that the ground is indeed nice enough for trees, farmland, and all that. So not all is lost, just no room to farm it seems.]

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: April 12, 2013, 09:25:11 am »

((*nods*))
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: April 12, 2013, 08:21:27 pm »

((Stuff happens, RL takes time - any game has its interests. If the game is stranded for more than months, a short summary would help - players joined for the fun, and won't abandon their place without notifying the GM :P))

superBlast

• Bay Watcher
  • The guy that loves nukes too much
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: April 12, 2013, 08:35:42 pm »

((I'm still wanna continue.))
"Come oooooon, a little insanity never hurt anyone.... Well except for that one guy, but never mind him." -superBlast

I gots a new livestream! Check it out here at http://www.twitch.tv/iamsuperblast

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: April 13, 2013, 01:26:23 am »

((Yay! People wanna continue! I'll post in an hour, I'm coming back from a rugby tournament.))
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: April 14, 2013, 01:15:46 am »

I'll post in an hour
((*looks at the time, then back at Cheesecake*
*makes puppy dog eyes*))
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: April 14, 2013, 03:19:02 am »

((Oh clap! I forgot... I'm making it right now!))

Your group make your way to the chieftains tent. It is a large, leathery tent, highly decorated with various animal and Evolved skulls. You can hear people speaking inside. As you step in, you are greeted by elderly warriors, sitting in a circle of stone benches. In the middle of the tent a large muscular man speaks. He has blonde, curly hair and a handsome complexion. He has the same beauty of his daughter and Yern.

"Men! The Aquisitioners will make there way to our village soon. We have to prepare the offerings and slaves," he says, then he finally sees you. "Ah, can I help you?"

You tell him about the "zombies" in the Belowilds, Quar, and the Crusades. He listens intently, with a grave look on his face.

"Oh? That's... disturbing. We must stop the things from rising from below. I can't take my attention away from the Aquisitioners however. Recently, a hole has been breached in the Wall. The Aquisitioners have come seeking refuge from their wars, and want to colonize here. They are mighty, and it would be folly to anger them. Hmm, my soldiers, Hyde and Itum, will assist you. Warn the villagers, make a blockade at the south entrance and protect my people," he tells you, with a hint of desperation.

The chief's two men accompany you outside. You hear loud, electronic-sounding noises. You can see tall men with black, metallic armor entering the village. They are wielding a polished, more refined version of a Shooter. One of them wears an even larger version of the armor and an elaborate cape. Suddenly, you see one of the villagers go closer and start an argument with the apparent leader. He tries to bash him with his four-arms, but one of the outsiders intervenes. The villager easily snaps his neck, but he is greeted with the same violence. He is shot with their weapons, and a green sizzling sound can be heard clearly. The villager falls to the ground, dissolving and screaming.

"Anyone else?" he bellows, in a dialect similar to yours, but somewhat more refined and authorative. 

You must now protect and warn the villagers of the zombies, and make a barricade. You have been joined by Marcus Hyde and Inter Itum.

((Sorry it's so short guys, next time it'll be longer.  :P))
« Last Edit: April 14, 2013, 03:41:43 am by Cheesecake »
Dying of laughter?

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: April 14, 2013, 03:42:07 am »

((Post is up!))
Dying of laughter?

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: April 14, 2013, 03:50:10 am »

"Let focuses on the zombies for now."

Go and warn  the villagers
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: April 14, 2013, 03:57:30 am »

"I don't recall agreeing to helping these people, do you, guys? These Aquisitioner guys seem like trouble is all I'm saying."

Help Erin in what she decides to do.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: April 14, 2013, 08:38:54 am »

Erin shakes her head and sighs
"Yet another folly of having too much of your people's strength concentrated in a single person. A barricade will do almost nothing. These people need to be rallied, organized. With their leader preoccupied though, I don't know if we can earn their respect enough for them to follow our lead."
Erin looks over the two new additions to the group, and the group's equipment as a whole.
"Ok, we need to organize and figure out what we need to buy right now. These Aquisitioners are already causing a major stir, news of yet another threat might cause a panic. I say we figure out what kind of funding we have to work with, and try to get ourselves as well equipped as possible before anything else. We'll see about that barricade afterwards. You two, mind introducing yourselves and letting us know what you can do?"

questions for the GM:
How much money do we have total?
What do our characters already know about Aquisitioners and The Wall?
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 16